Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 03:18 AM   #16
stemikger
DIS Veteran

Thanks God there are more like me out there. Hey we should have a secret handshake.

I'm already talking about my next trip which is a little less then a year away. As soon as I get back my wife and daughter take a bet on how long it will take before I start making plans for the next trip.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:39 AM   #17
Phibbles
DIS Veteran

I'm in too. WDW is a way of life. I like to spend time dreaming about moving to Celebration so that we could go to WDW almost every day. That would just rule. If I ever win the lottery, that is so my plan.

Click a link to read one of my reports:
June 2011 PTR
*** August 2009 Trip Report *** August 2008 Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #18
goalierich
Mouseketeer

You can count me in. Another thing that might be added is "Do you have any Character ties to wear" I have a Donald Duck tie, Mickey and Goofy Golf Tie, and a Tigger golf tie.

My wife liked Disney before, but she absolutely loves it now, as our DD 2 saw Mickey for the first time this year, at Disneyland and WDW, and the looks in both of their eyes is truly magical!! My wife keeps asking me which parks, if not all, are we doing at WDW in 2008!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:44 PM   #19
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemikger View Post
Thanks God there are more like me out there. Hey we should have a secret handshake.
This has been very theraputic for me to see you guys on here . My son is the only one that I know that shares my Disney fanaticism.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:36 AM   #20
computiv
Earning My Ears

Grumpy's Gas & Grease Garage Baseball Cap

I need to find another baseball cap with the great embroidered Grumpy's Gas & Grease logo on the front of it. This baseball cap was on sale at Grumpy's Service Station in California Adventure. Unfortunately, I only purchased one white baseball cap with a blue bill while we were at Disneyland and California Adventure last August. After wearing the cap so much, I really need to purchase at least two more just like it. Can anyone help in my quest to locate two more caps?
Old 11-17-2007, 06:29 AM   #21
The Disney Fanatic
DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by computiv View Post
I need to find another baseball cap with the great embroidered Grumpy's Gas & Grease logo on the front of it. This baseball cap was on sale at Grumpy's Service Station in California Adventure. Unfortunately, I only purchased one white baseball cap with a blue bill while we were at Disneyland and California Adventure last August. After wearing the cap so much, I really need to purchase at least two more just like it. Can anyone help in my quest to locate two more caps?
I will be at WDW in 30 days. I'll be on the look out for the baseball cap when I am there! I am thinking they might have it at MGM Studios but I am not sure on that.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:31 AM   #22
stemikger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by the Disney Fanatic
This has been very theraputic for me to see you guys on here . My son is the only one that I know that shares my Disney fanaticism.
Me too Disney Fanatic. It helps to know, there are other guys like us. My wife likes it and my daughter got the bug, but I'm even more fanatical then my 13 year old.

Every year I have to force my wife to get on board when it comes to going there. It makes it tough when you have to fight for it.

Some guys I know think it's a chore to go. On my last trip, there was a guy sitting on the floor in the corner at a gift shop in Main Street looking misreable. He was on his cell phone talking to someone and these were his exact words "I'm in Disney Hell".

So I always tell my wife and daughter you guys are lucky I love it so much because some dads think they are doing their family a big favor by going once every 10 years.

Proud to be a Disney Nut. Let our Disney Flag Fly.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:00 AM   #23
TikiRoomGod
Earning My Ears

Another Disney Dad has arrived

Hello everyone I just wanted to say Hello to all the Disney dad's out there !
Old 11-17-2007, 03:39 PM   #24
Snow Shoe
What time is the 3 o'clock parade?

I'd like to join! Well I fit 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18 & 22. We've been going since 86', and now we are empty nesters and still going! I currently have two trips planned, one for this Christmas with all of the family going, and one in June as "My Special Retirement" trip to DL & WDW over a 3 week period! I love doing all the planning, I just get goofy bumps all over. My wife just shakes her head when I start walling down Main Street and I start becoming a little kid again. It is trully a magical place for me.

As a grandparent, I've already taken my 4yo DGS twice to WDW and gotten him addicted to it! What can I say.

Walt Disney World... been there, done that, GOING BACK!

DLP trip...WOW!!
30th Anniversary trip...DOUBLE WOW!!!!!
Family Trip Christmas 2007...Unbelievable!!!
Retiement trip 2008...DL and WDW Outstanding!!!
Old 11-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #25
stemikger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Snow Shoe
I'd like to join! Well I fit 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18 & 22. We've been going since 86', and now we are empty nesters and still going! I currently have two trips planned, one for this Christmas with all of the family going, and one in June as "My Special Retirement" trip to DL & WDW over a 3 week period! I love doing all the planning, I just get goofy bumps all over. My wife just shakes her head when I start walling down Main Street and I start becoming a little kid again. It is trully a magical place for me.

As a grandparent, I've already taken my 4yo DGS twice to WDW and gotten him addicted to it! What can I say.

I'm 43 and the same as you. I do all the planning while my wife just starts rolling her eyes. Main Street is very magical for me also. I have a tradition on the first day of every trip and I have to go to Main Street and just have a moment to myself to take it all in. It really is amazing to me and almost spiritual.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:01 PM   #26
DARuss
Tag. You're it.

Another Disney Dad here

Thank God, I am not the only one. I, like others here, get the "head shake" from DW when I start talking about Disney.

I work offshore, so that gives me lots of time to do the planning during the day while everyone else is at work/school.

I too do 1,2,4,5,12 and a few others.

May I join in this ELITE club. We have DD7(will be 8 on our trip in Jan) and DD16. DD16 has never been and DD7 & DW went this past Jan 07 for the first time. I had been 4 times before begining in 72 - 84 or 85. DW is not hooked,yet, but we did become DVC members in March

I like the idea of a secret hand shake. Don't know if this would be an add-on to the list but I have a Disney background on my laptop with a count down calender on it(My co-workers really give me a hard time about it)... They just don't understand.

Lovin the "Magic"
David
Dis Dads Club Dad#16 BushWackers are Baaaaaaack.....a PTR for 1/09 trip
Me DW DD13 DD27
Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 1975, Contemporary Dec '76 & July '85, All Star Movies Jan '07, Pop Century '12, '13 & 14 Boardwalk Villas Jan '08, '09, 10 & '12, Feb '11 & '13.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:00 AM   #27
KevGuy
DVC Member SSR

Can I join too lol? I'm a Disney Dad, 39 and can't wait to get back to WDW next April. My kids (7 & 9) actually think I'm cool because I'm the biggest kid they know lol.

DVC Member since 2007 -WELCOME HOME SSR!!
DIS Dad's Club
D23 CHARTER MEMBER
Old 11-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #28
I'mNoPrince
AlterEgo tmt martins
a bit of Color

Hows this for our mascot

or

Playing with Some Fonts I have Gracey's Curse, Waltogram,Caribbeanand and Twylitezone.

1974 OS.. 2000 June A-SS.. 2000 Oct OS.. 2001 June ASMo.. 2001 Sept. DL OS.. 2002 July CBR.. 2002 Oct OS.. 2003 Apr/Oct OS.. 2003 June CSR .. 2004 Apr/Oct OS.. 2004 June CBR.. 2005 Apr OS.. 2005 June DL PP.. 2005 Oct MNSSHP PC... 06 Feb 1day DL..2006 June SSR 1st trip home.. 2006 Oct MNSSHP POFQ.. 2006 DEC SSR MVMCP.. 2007 June BCV 1st..2007 Aug VBR 1st..2008 July BWV / AKV ...2009 June VWL/BCV...
[

Last edited by I'mNoPrince; 11-18-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #29
Kitchensinkguy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Disney Fanatic View Post
Hey Kitchensinkguy,

Please tell me that you got that Kitchen Sink Banana Split at WDW. And If you did...Where ? I WANT ONE !!! Also, if you ate that whole bowl (sink) by yourself you are the MAN !!!!!

You can buy the Kitchensink at Beaches and Cream icecream shop at The Beach Club. There is a challange,if you eat the entire thing in an hour or less it is free. My time. 39 min 39 sec!
Old 11-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #30
DARuss
Tag. You're it.

Mascot

I like that mascot
Dis Dads Club Dad#16 BushWackers are Baaaaaaack.....a PTR for 1/09 trip
Me DW DD13 DD27
Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 1975, Contemporary Dec '76 & July '85, All Star Movies Jan '07, Pop Century '12, '13 & 14 Boardwalk Villas Jan '08, '09, 10 & '12, Feb '11 & '13.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: