Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports > California & the West Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2008, 02:28 PM   #31
heatherleigh
DIS Veteran

I sure liked the pics. I had no idea Sea World offered anything like that. I am now interested in having my 6-yr old do one of them. The dolphin one. Does anyone know if they let them swim with the dolphins during that? I would like for just my son to go, but of course my husband or I could do it w/ him if they required a parent. It is our first trip to Sea World, and we're only going for a day.
AK Trip Report 6/10: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2501164
heatherleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:05 PM   #32
Goofster57
What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all about?

Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times

heather,

They do let you swim with the Dolphins during the Dolphin Interaction Program (DIP)

Participants must be at least 6 years old and at least 44" tall

They also have a new Interaction program

Wild Arctic Interaction
Immerse yourself in the Wild Arctic and interact with beluga whales, walruses, seals and even polar bears. Sea World's amazing Wild Arctic Interaction offers exclusive, behind the scenes encounters with huge polar bears, walruses and seals. You’ll then suit up and enter the 55-degree water for a once in a lifetime chance to touch, feed and interact with magnificent beluga whales.

Participants must be at least 10 years old and at least 44" tall

Hope you enjoy your visit and you should do a trip report about it.
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #33
Sea World Addict
Sea World Expert

Lucky Looks like you had fun. I wish I could have done trainer for a day at Sea World San Diego before they changed it. Now it is all dolphins. You don't get to meet the orcas or sea lions now. If you don't know what an orca is, Shamu is an orca.
Sea World Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #34
Sea World Addict
Sea World Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherleigh View Post
I sure liked the pics. I had no idea Sea World offered anything like that. I am now interested in having my 6-yr old do one of them. The dolphin one. Does anyone know if they let them swim with the dolphins during that? I would like for just my son to go, but of course my husband or I could do it w/ him if they required a parent. It is our first trip to Sea World, and we're only going for a day.
You are waist deep in water with dolphins. I did Sea World San Diego's dolphin interaction program in June 2004 with my sister who was 6 years old at the time. It was fun. I was at Sea World San Diego for 2 days. You could do this program one day. When I go to Sea World San Deigo again I would like to do it again. I'm not sure when I'm going to Sea World San Deigo again. Your son could go on his own. They put the kids that do the program without their parents in a group. I got a dorsal tow from a dolphin a short distance, the length of the platform. I got to dance with a dolphin. I got to pose with a dolphin. We lifted Misty up. I also met Buster the common dolphin. I jumped and landed on my side and Buster would jump. Buster also speed swam around us. He was pretending to be a shark. Sadly, the dolphins I did the dolphin interaction program with passed away. The dolphins I did the interaction program with were Misty and Buster. I hope this helps.
Sea World Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:13 PM   #35
Goofster57
What if the “Hokey Pokey” really is what it’s all about?

Location: On the other side of that invisible line that I just can’t help crossing some times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea World Addict View Post
Lucky Looks like you had fun. I wish I could have done trainer for a day at Sea World San Diego before they changed it. Now it is all dolphins. You don't get to meet the orcas or sea lions now. If you don't know what an orca is, Shamu is an orca.
I wasn't aware of this change, thats not cool.

I wonder why they changed it
Old 10-27-2008, 09:34 PM   #36
TiggerNZ
Mouseketeer

Wow, that looks like an awesome day - what an experience! The closest I have come to something like this is swimming with a pod of wild dolphins in New Zealand - but boy was that cold.

Great TR - thanks for sharing.
TiggerNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #37
the_princess
DIS Veteran

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pics!!!!!

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
the_princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: