Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #46
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Thanks spbink! I will write a cover letter this morning and submit it as sort of a general one that will outline my strengths and why I want to work for Disney/ABC Entertainment. I hope to hear from them soon - I can't imagine how all of you went through the waiting game so patiently!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #47
princessemily21
Unofficial Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Thanks spbink! I will write a cover letter this morning and submit it as sort of a general one that will outline my strengths and why I want to work for Disney/ABC Entertainment. I hope to hear from them soon - I can't imagine how all of you went through the waiting game so patiently!
I'm applying for an ABC Studios New York internship for this coming summer. Best of luck to you!

DCL obsessed!
Sailed on all four ships, including the MV of the Fantasy. 2 cruises from
PLATINUM!
WDW seasonal CM, est: 2012
The views expressed in my posts do not reflect those put forth
by The Walt Disney Company and/or any of its subsidiaries.

WDWCP Fall 2012 Blog
princessemily21 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #48
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Hi spbink! I just found this thread, and I'm definitely planning on applying to the Disney Studios undergraduate summer internship. I was just wondering if I should include my cover letter with the whole application, or if I should send it in after (I haven't made it all the way through the 10-step application because I don't want to hit submit by mistake haha). I know my resume has to be included - should I include my cover letter in the same document?

Thanks so much - I'd love to work for Disney this summer!
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #49
spbink
Mouseketeer

I'd keep the two documents separate. There should be a way to submit both documents to the same job listing on the site, but I haven't had to use the new disneyjobs site since I already work for the company

Good luck with your application! Working for Disney is definitely a great way to spend a summer
spbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:06 AM   #50
bhamp09
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone,

I am in the second phase of the interview process for the Disney Summer Associate Program. I interviewed initially with a recruiter in early November and applied online as well. I kept in contact with my recruiter and now the scheduling manager has set me up with an interview with the Creative Music and Soundtrack Department next week. I am very excited and hope to do well on the interview.
I have some questions for "@Spbink": How did your interview go with the department? What sorts of things did the hiring manager or department ask you?

Also, I read in your earlier post that housing is in parts of Burbank, Glendale/Pasadena and also Cal Tech. Do you know how much the average cost for housing would cost for 3 months in that area? I am just asking because I will be traveling from Atlanta and trying to get a feel on how much apartments cost and is the housing decent in those areas. A lot of people say look on craigslist and padlooker.com but I wanted to ask someone that was familiar with that area as well.

I am trying to prepare myself for next week's interview and hopefully things go well!

Thanks

Bhamp09
bhamp09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #51
spbink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have some questions for "@Spbink": How did your interview go with the department? What sorts of things did the hiring manager or department ask you?
I interviewed with two teams, and they were very different. Each were interviewing about eight people for the position. I was applying for programming positions, so my experience may be different from what you'll get.

The first group did a Google-style interview, where they asked me some brain teasers to see how I solved them. One was how many degrees between the hour and minute hands of a clock at 3:15. Then we just talked some about my previous programming experience, and what their department did, and the usual stuff. There were probably a few "What is your biggest weakness?" typical interview questions.

The second group was a lot more intense - they were asking really technical programming questions, using jargon, etc. The interviewer seemed almost argumentative. It may have been he just wasn't good with people, or because I was the last one they interviewed and he already had a first choice from people they had interviewed before.

Anyway, if it isn't obvious, I ended up working with the first group

Quote:
Also, I read in your earlier post that housing is in parts of Burbank, Glendale/Pasadena and also Cal Tech. Do you know how much the average cost for housing would cost for 3 months in that area? I am just asking because I will be traveling from Atlanta and trying to get a feel on how much apartments cost and is the housing decent in those areas. A lot of people say look on craigslist and padlooker.com but I wanted to ask someone that was familiar with that area as well.
When I was out here, I lived with a friend and my rent was about $850. But normally for a roommate it would probably cost less - I was in a fancy area of Pasadena.

Gina, our recruiter, made an email list for all incoming interns, so a lot of people found people to live with through that. Your best bet is probably going to be looking for a summer sublet in the Caltech area, or maybe up around Burbank airport. I'd expect to spend $400-$700 a month if you have a roommate, $800-$1200 if you don't. Of course, depending on your living standards, you can always find a dirt cheap place. It wouldn't be very pleasant though

Good luck with your interviews next week! Be sure to let us know how it goes!
spbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #52
bhamp09
Earning My Ears

Thank You!! My interview is going to be Friday and I will be taking all of your suggestions into account when I am preparing myself for it. I will let you know how it goes on Friday night! Thanks
Old 02-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #53
bhamp09
Earning My Ears

Hey guys. My interview two weeks ago went great!!
My interviewer and I really connected and everything went well.
She stated that there would be a third interview again though with the Office of President in the next two weeks. So, the storm is not over yet. Has anybody else had their interview yet?? If so, what department??
Old 03-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #54
soft_spell
Earning My Ears

I'm assuming it's way too late to apply for this, right???
soft_spell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #55
charmingbubble21
Earning My Ears

Is there still hope?

Hi all!
I applied for the Undergraduate Studios Internship in January and after my phone screen for a professional internship, my dashboard showed that I am currently "in-progress". I noticed that people have already had interviews, so I am wondering if I still have a good chance if I have not been called for an interview?

I want to go into the Marketing, Publicity, Promotions or Event internships at the studios. I did a College Program in Orlando, Florida in 2010 and I am currently a Campus Representative. I also have completed 4 other internships in the marketing, publicity, promotions fields. Does anyone have any tips and advice? Do I still have a chance or should I just give up? Any information would be SO helpful!
charmingbubble21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #56
JazMaz09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamp09 View Post
Hey guys. My interview two weeks ago went great!!
My interviewer and I really connected and everything went well.
She stated that there would be a third interview again though with the Office of President in the next two weeks. So, the storm is not over yet. Has anybody else had their interview yet?? If so, what department??

I noticed that you said you were in Atlanta! So am I!

I just completed my interview with the recruiter about 3 weeks ago and i have my interview with a department next week!

*Crosses Fingers*

Are you in school out here?
And If I am accepted into the program, I will need housing as well. Have you started looking at places?
JazMaz09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #57
bhamp09
Earning My Ears

@JazMaz09 That's great!! Nice to see a fellow ATLien on the board lol
And no I am in school in Washington, D.C currently but my home is in Atlanta but I did attend to Georgia State University for a minute until I transfered. What department did you interview with? And as far as housing I am starting to search now at Cal Tech University for any housing they have available in the summer and checking the prices at padlocker.com as well.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #58
KingK12
No boo boo, but Yes, I wanna get sauced

This is a pretty good program. My brother got accepted in 2010 and he loved every minute of it!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #59
kitson
Earning My Ears

Wow! What a great program!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #60
nancypants
Earning My Ears

Hi Spbink!

My name is Nancy and I'm a freshman art major looking for summer internships with Disney Animation. I was browsing for more information on the Art & Production Summer Internship Program at Walt Disney Animations

I was wondering if I could contact you somehow and ask you some questions. I've been a huge fan of Disney and I really want to learn from them over summer. Thank you so much

Sincerely,

Nancy Wang
nancypants is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: