Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #16
lamagique
aka "Llama Geek" - Thanks, Disneyolic

Wow, I had never really heard of this. It's too late for me, but hopefully someone else will realize this great opportunity!

The Happiest Summer on Earth (My WDW College Program Experience)
Check out the Sequel! The Merriest Christmas on Earth

Completed Trip Reports:
March 2007: A Magical Day in Paris | April 2007: My Magical Easter in DLP

1989 DLR | 1991 DLR | 1993 WDW | 1995 DLR - 40 Year Celebration | 1996 DLR | 1999 DLR | 2004 WDW | 2005 DLR & DCA - 50 Year Celebration | 2006 WDW Spring Break - Fort Wilderness | 2007 DLP - 15 Year Celebration - Santa Fe | 2007 DLR & CA - Year of a Million Dreams | 2007 Mickey's Very Merry & T:C Reunion - Beach Club
lamagique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #17
ImMarcik
That's what I get for coming up with this with no sleep
I got some kind of second wind and was reading the Dis instead of sleeping
Glad your 2nd wish is coming true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollins13 View Post
I'm actually applying for this program for the spring! I just came across it on the Feature Animation site and thought I would try it out. I'm getting my portfolio ready to send this month, so hopefully I can get it. Did they have any opportunities for full time employment at the end or give you any info on getting a job with them? How did the process of getting into this program go? I know you said there were quite a few of you, but since I'm going into the animation portion, I'm just wondering how competitive it is.... Anywho, how long did it take for you to get an answer and it says on the site they help with relocation, did they help you? And where did you end up living??? Alot of questions I know, but I am curious since this is something I am really interested in.
This is what my dd is interested in going to school for. What is the site you found out the information?
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #18
soundimagineer
Earning My Ears

Talking

this is a great post. i have been doing so much research trying to find out about this program, and this is the only helpful thing i've found! I'm so happy to hear what a good time you had. My goal has been to work for the studios for so long!

I'm applying for summer 2009 in post production. Has anyone else ever worked in the studios in a production of post production position?

[SIZE="1"] '88 - Hilton DTD '90 Yacht Club '95 Hyatt Cypress/CBR '97 Wilderness Lodge '98 Swan '00 Hilton DTD '02 off site - band trip '04 All-Star Music '06 Port Orleans Riverside '08 POP Century '10 Spring Break/Grad/BFF trip
soundimagineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #19
3redhedgirls
Mouseketeer

You go girl! Reach for the stars
88 Hilton DT
90 Yacht Club
95 Hyatt Cypress/CBR
98 Swan
97 Wilderness Lodge
00 Hilton DTD
04 Allstar Music
06 Port Orleans Riverside
08 POP Century
12 AllStar Music
3redhedgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #20
spbink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundimagineer View Post
this is a great post. i have been doing so much research trying to find out about this program, and this is the only helpful thing i've found! I'm so happy to hear what a good time you had. My goal has been to work for the studios for so long!

I'm applying for summer 2009 in post production. Has anyone else ever worked in the studios in a production of post production position?
I'm glad it was helpful! I wasn't in post-production, but I definitely recommend applying for the program. It was such a great summer, everything else has trouble measuring up
spbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #21
anijac1412
Mouseketeer

Maybe you can help me, I've been looking for a way to get my foot in the door at Disney for a while now, but I'm Canadian, so I have a few setbacks... The only thing I could find was the International College Program...

Do you know if this internship program takes in Canadians? I am majoring in computer sci. / IT (I'm in my third year and still have a full year left), so an opportunity like the one you got would be absolutely AMAZING!

Any info and tips you have would be greatly appreciated!
anijac1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:46 AM   #22
joepic
M-I-C-K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-EEEEEEEEEE

This is fantastic. You don't know how happy I am to have discovered this post.

My dream is to become an Imagineer, and I am so excited to read through your experiences with the internship. It gives me insight to what I'll hope to experience throughout my college career. I hope to graduate with a degree in Computer Science, or somewhere along the line. Always knowing much about computers and technology, I always hoped there were opportunities like this with Disney. Especially an IT internship for the Studios. What a fantastic experience.

Thanks again!

I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things. - Walt Disney

August 2008 - Contemporary
, 2004 - Swan, 2003 - Swan, 2002 - Dolphin, 2000 - Coronado Springs, 1999 - Coronado Springs, 1998 - Caribbean Beach, 1997- Caribbean Beach, 1996 - Contemporary
joepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #23
spbink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anijac1412 View Post
Maybe you can help me, I've been looking for a way to get my foot in the door at Disney for a while now, but I'm Canadian, so I have a few setbacks... The only thing I could find was the International College Program...

Do you know if this internship program takes in Canadians? I am majoring in computer sci. / IT (I'm in my third year and still have a full year left), so an opportunity like the one you got would be absolutely AMAZING!

Any info and tips you have would be greatly appreciated!
I don't remember there was a citizenship requirement, just the requirement of returning to the school in the fall. It never hurts to apply - better to try, even if it turns out to be a problem, than to not apply and have it not turn out to be a problem.

joepic, good luck! I'm pretty much in the same boat, but a bit down the line (I just graduated). It's a great experience. I definitely recommend applying for it!
spbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #24
pinch
Earning My Ears

Awesome
I'm applying soon ish for Storyboarding this summer 2009.

If you can let me know of anymore of your experiences/if you have a blog about it, etc then please let me know - I'm very interested!

Was it hard getting accomodation? Was your accomodation nearby to the studios? Was it pricey?

Did you make much money out of the experience or did you just break even? :D

I'm in the UK currently, so if I get in it's going to be verrry scaryyyy, wish me luck x
pinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #25
joepic
M-I-C-K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-EEEEEEEEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbink View Post
I don't remember there was a citizenship requirement, just the requirement of returning to the school in the fall. It never hurts to apply - better to try, even if it turns out to be a problem, than to not apply and have it not turn out to be a problem.

joepic, good luck! I'm pretty much in the same boat, but a bit down the line (I just graduated). It's a great experience. I definitely recommend applying for it!
Thanks!

Good luck to you too!

I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things. - Walt Disney

August 2008 - Contemporary
, 2004 - Swan, 2003 - Swan, 2002 - Dolphin, 2000 - Coronado Springs, 1999 - Coronado Springs, 1998 - Caribbean Beach, 1997- Caribbean Beach, 1996 - Contemporary
joepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #26
mdewater
Earning My Ears

Hi everybody!

I was really happy to find this post! I'm a freshman in college right now and so I'm hoping to apply to the Animation Studio Associate Program in a few years. I've done as much research as I possibly can... searching through pages and pages of google searches about everything Disney, Disney animation, Disney internships... I'm pretty much at the point where all I have left to do is to try and actually contact people about their experiences and hopefully learn something from them.

Is there anyone here who has already done the animation program? If so is there any way anyone could give some portfolio examples? And when you're accepted, do they tell you what they especially liked? Or if you're rejected, do they give you any tips for applying again? Basically any info would be greatly appreciated. And to all you who are planning on applying, keep us all updated!! I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I would like to know how it goes every step of the way!

Thanks and good luck to everyone applying!
mdewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #27
ibaw
Earning My Ears

Summer 2009

I have been looking for information about this program and am so glad I found this post. I have applied for the Summer 2009 program and was wondering if anyone else has.... (i am having a hard time getting information and wanted to know if anyone else was in the same boat!!)

Thanks!!!!
ibaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:29 AM   #28
evelynr0se
Earning My Ears

hey spbink,

I'm doing a PI right now too! It's in Corporate, so it's a full-year one, and I'm applying to Studios. I had one interview already, and my recruiter's looking for more for me!

I'm doing Credit & Collections in downtown Glendale, so it's not as glamorous but there are some cool perks too - like the Disney Family Holiday party!

I can help answer questions about Corporate internships

When did you work there? What are your plans for the future?
evelynr0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #29
soundimagineer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibaw View Post
I have been looking for information about this program and am so glad I found this post. I have applied for the Summer 2009 program and was wondering if anyone else has.... (i am having a hard time getting information and wanted to know if anyone else was in the same boat!!)

Thanks!!!!
I've applied for this summer as well in post production. I also found that finding information was ridiculously hard, and finally just made some phone calls and got in touch with the right people.

I got a voicemail today from the recruiter of walt disney studios in regards to my resume!! hopefully I'll get back in touch with her tomorrow. I hope it means interview, but we'll see.

[SIZE="1"] '88 - Hilton DTD '90 Yacht Club '95 Hyatt Cypress/CBR '97 Wilderness Lodge '98 Swan '00 Hilton DTD '02 off site - band trip '04 All-Star Music '06 Port Orleans Riverside '08 POP Century '10 Spring Break/Grad/BFF trip
Old 02-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #30
soundimagineer
Earning My Ears

spbink,

if its ok, i would like to ask your first name. Gina, the recruiter for the studios, is curious to know who you are. i told her i found out all my information from this post, and she said she knew most of you guys. you don't have to post it on this board if you don't want to, but you can PM it to me.

thanks again for all your help and i'll keep everyone posted on how my interview goes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: