Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2007, 02:03 PM   #1
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

Mark&Sue's Relaxing Boring August 2007 trip - Final 3 days

Wednesday 29th August.

We were going to Typhoon Lagoon today but decided to go to Florida Mall instead. We were still looking for sat nav tomtom 910 but there was nothing here (have since got it on ebay when we got home).

Had a good time looking in the shops but only bought Kirsty two pokeman tops in Hot Topic before going for lunch in the food court. We have ADRs for Jikos tonight and only wanted something light. We got something from Tacco Bell it was cheap but massive. We felt so full especially after eating all the free samples first!!

Before leaving we went to M&Ms world and got our traditional supply. I especially love the peanut butter ones

We had a couple of drinks while getting ready to go out. I was in two minds about cancelling Jikos as not sure everyone would like it. So pleased we didn't as we had a great evening. We walked to downtown disney to get the bus and in no time we were looking round the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We had already seen the models for the new Villas and would love to stay here. We were a little early and waited in the bar area. Again they had some very interesting cocktails here with some good names.

I had Hangin' Out in Cape Town, and the Mount Kilimarita.

The food and the service was excellent and this was another one of my favourite restaurants.

For starters me and Kirsty shared the Kenyan Coffee Barbequed Chicken - Flatbread with grilled onions, apple julienne, and four cheeses and Mark had Taste of Africa - Kalamata olive hummus, Durban Tikka Masala, and Malay spinach-lentil dip, with Lentil papadam, whole wheal lavosh, and Flax seed Naan bread. For the main Kirsty had Chermoula-Roasted, Tanglewood Chicken - Served with red skin mashed potatoes, preserved lemons, kalamata olives, roasted garlic, herbs, and harissa. Mark had Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon - Served with Macaroni & cheese and red wine sauce and I had
Wood-grilled Pork Tenderloin - Served with sweet potato dumplings and mushroom ragout. These meals were delicious

For Dessert me and Kirsty shared the Inspired by "The Year of a Million Dreams" - White chocolate mousse pyramid with roasted banana and pineapple, banana-pineapple salad, and tropical fruit salad.

Mark had Cape Town Coffee.

After our lovely meal we looked around the resort

My dress always seems to clash with the scenery!

We were just lucky enough to be able to go out and see the animals in the viewing area outside. The security guard just let us in saying we were the last and we felt really pleased that we had this experience on such a beautiful night.

We definately would like to come back here if only for another meal.

Thursday 30th August

The last day is always so sad that I can hardly bring myself to even write the trip report. We had a very relaxed day taking in the resort and its beauty

It is such a shame we will not be back to WDW and especially Saratoga Springs for a few years

Before going for our final dinner we watched a few more episodes of Prison Break attempted to finish off our supply of beers and the vodka.

Walked our final walk to Downtown disney and walked over to the House of Blues. As always had a great meal here and a good drink. Were really pleased to get seated in the booths which we prefer.

Went to the shop on the way back and got a House of Blues light weight black hoodie. Then over to World of Disney to get a heavier Tinkerbell black hoodie and finally over to the Christmas shop to get two pairs of Christmas mickey and minnie earrings

I think that was all my must have items. I guess there is always ebay for the next few years if not!!!

Friday 31st August

Always such a totally sad day. We packed and did the downtown disney check in. We were so early we went back to the resort and watched two more episodes of Prison Break before the check out time. We had our last brunch at Dennys which was lovely but just too sad. Got to the airport and spent a while in the croc shop.

Got our duty frees and as we got to the check out could not believe that there were loads of Ghiaradelli chocolates. We had taken our chocolates all round the carribbean and we could have just waited until we got to the airport!!!

Mark & Kirsty had lunch at the outback restaurant, but I was too sad and nervous to eat. I just had a drink to drown my sorrows

The flight back was excellent no seatbelt signs came on at all.

I had settled down to watch vacancy but nature called and as I was walking back to my seat I could see someone sitting in it. I thought maybe it was someone I knew from the dis but as I got closer I could see it was an elderly asian lady in a sari and Mark and Kirsty were killing themselves laughing. I stood there for a while and she was not moving. A stewardess asked if I was ok and I said there was somebody in my seat. She asked the lady if she was in the right seat and she said she was. This went on for some time and eventually the lady looked at Mark and Kirsty and realised she had sat in the wrong seat and apologised. I sat back down. The film had been turned over and by the time I got it back I had missed loads. I don't think that it was that good though so did not feel so bad. I also watched fracture and Disturbia.

Landed on time but had to wait for ever at Gatwick for our cases. I just hate coming home and this year is especially sad as not going back to WDW until Kirsty leaves school in a few years. I am looking forward to getting our new holiday home in Spain and will be pleased that we can visit it every school holiday, but won't be the same as WDW. I have already rented half of our next year's points already, but am keeping an eye open to see when the next med cruise is as the cruise was so fantasic that we just have to go again and again.

Thank you all for your lovely comments. Hope to meet up with many of you again.

susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:20 PM   #2
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Thanks for sharing your trip Susan
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

My girls love Hot Topic too, and I've just ordered a load of T-shirts for them for Christmas

Thanks for sharing your fab reports Sue, I have really enjoyed reading them, especially the Cruise part

Could I just ask one question ? - why did you put 'Relaxing Boring' in the title ? - *** I have found your trippy to be anything but boring

Mandy

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Wonderful trip report Susan, I have really enjoyed them, thank you so much for sharing

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

Thank you so much for your kind comments

Mandy

Mark was adamant that we were going to have a relaxing time and take it easy in contrast to the last two years with our large parties.

I couldn't believe he taped a whole series of prison break as I hated the thought of watching tv on holiday (no big brother in Disney!!), but in fact it turned out to be a great idea as the resort tele is a bit limited and it was nice not to run around like we did last year when I was stressing during our grand gathering. Apart from being ill and the heat it was another great holiday. different from the last few years but just as good in its own way.

Susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #6
Merylj
DIS Veteran

Great trip report - thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 01:21 AM   #7
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

great report Sue, relaxing it may have been....boring it was not !!!

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:26 AM   #8
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Thanks Sue for taking the time to post your trip reports, I have really enjoyed reading them.
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:59 AM   #9
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Sue thanks for sharing you reports I really enjoyed them!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: