Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
Muffinygood
Proud DVC owner at SSR

We carry moist towelettes. A *Mostly* Germ-Free TR ........

Trip report pre-trip countdown....

So, I started planning this trip for myself (M) and my DS, (N) back in July when I received a discount promotion for the Disney Resorts. We’ve stayed on property before but they were only 1 or 2 night stays at the beginning or end of a much longer stay. Usually we rent a vacation home about 2 miles from the main gate. I love renting the house because we all get our own bedrooms and bathrooms and a pool right outside the door! There is something about vacationing at a resort though! You don’t have to make your bed. You don’t have to fill the dishwasher. You don’t have to even pick up your towels off the floor of the bathroom! IN FACT, the Disney Mousekeepers encourage you to leave them there so they know to replace them! WHOOHOO This is to be our first trip, just mom and son, ever! I am so excited to be going. He has NO idea. None at all. The trip is going to be a 10th birthday present. And a surprise. I have to keep the secret until we leave for WDW on Sept. 1st! Can I do it? Well, we’ll see. I’ve never actually kept a secret for two months before.

My DH is helping me plan this trip. The airfare is cheap cheap cheap! And that’s a great bonus to the very inexpensive stay we’ve booked at the Wilderness Lodge. This is our first stay at this particular hotel. I am looking forward to it very much. I’ve read the entire WL thread on the DIS to prepare for our stay. Requested our room choice (5032) and let them know that we were celebrating N’s birthday. Made our ADR’s for Narcoosee’s for a birthday extravaganza dinner, Whispering Canyon for bfast one morning, Hollywood and Vine for our MGM night dinner and a character bfast at the PR for our last day there. The trip is going to be 3 nights/4 days. N is even missing the first day of school! Lucky him!

I was obsessed with keeping this trip a secret! We didn't tell my older DS, who's 14, because we were afraid he'd slip and he barely speaks. My DH came up with a code word for all discussions involving the "trip." The code word was "brown." Don't ask me why....my DH said that was a good one so I went with it. But, that did attract alot more attention to us as the kids would always question a conversation that went, "So, the brown is looking good." "Really? That's great. I bought you a new camera for the brown." Confused looks all around. Sometimes even from me. Anyway, despite our bizarre attempts at espionage, we managed to keep the "brown" a secret. Go figure.

I hope everyone finds something to like in my trip report. It was a great trip with lots of pitfalls and some truly sweet moments. Photos will be included in the TR once I get rolling. That is if I can figure it out. This was a roller coaster ride of a trip! Tune in next time when M will say......

.........................”I‘m not sure you can actually breathe water. What? It‘s humidity?”

Old 09-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #2
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Ok I found you. I look forward to hearing of your trip. R u going to post pics?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2007, 08:28 PM   #3
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

See..I told you if you Post a link, they will come!!!

Good Start..........

So, you took your son for his 10th bday?? That is so nice

Did you do the same for your other son??

I can't wait to read all about it and to see some pics!!!

Postng pics is easy. You just need to take them off your computer and put them in a program like photobucket or imageshack..

Then, after you upload them to one of these programs...there will be codes listed underneath....You want to pick the one that starts with [img] and then copy and paste that directly in the reply to thread box and hit submit post and they should appear
Old 09-11-2007, 08:36 PM   #4
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

See, we will follow!

Hi, I'm CE. I read Jen & Tera's report, too. I went for a first family trip in May and am now completely DIS addicted.

Great start!
Old 09-11-2007, 08:39 PM   #5
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

HI Muffinygood,

Your title caught my attention, got to love sanitzer.....I also love your picture-OPUS! My DPapa gave me a lttle Opus stuffed animal when I was proably 10 something, holds I special place in my heart, don't remember why I got it, but he sure is cute

Anyhow, I hope your suprise trip with your DS was great, how special! Would love to hear more about, hope you'll be back to post some more.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #6
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

I already like it! I understand how you feel though,I started my first trip report a few days ago.My biggest fears were that nobody would read it or I would bore people to tears.

Anyway,I can't believe you kept it a surprise!That is so cool. My son's bday is in a few weeks(he will be 10) and he asked to go back for his present.

How did you tell him?

Love the code talk.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:45 PM   #7
Muffinygood
Proud DVC owner at SSR

A million thanks!

Yay! You guys are sooooo cool! I know there's a way to multi-reply but in my excitement I forgot to do that! Duh!

So,
1. Thanks Cmp1111! I am so happy you think I'm off to a good start. And congrats for joining the crazies!

2. Trentmom- When you're right, you're right!
No, we didn't do this for the other son. He's neglected! It's a long story, but he's going to Washington DC with Dad for his birthday and it's their 2nd trip alone together...yadda yadda yadda! And THANK YOU SO MUCH for the posting pic info! That way I can answer ScottNY....

3. Yes, ScottNY, now that Trentmom has shown me the light I will endeavor to post those pics on a hosting site (terminology?) and then you can see them!

Thanks to all of you! You guys are so great. I look forward to telling you all about our trip. Germs and all.....
Old 09-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #8
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinygood View Post
1. Thanks Cmp1111! I am so happy you think I'm off to a good start. And congrats for joining the crazies!
No problem! And, feel free to call me CE. Crazies are my kind of people...
Old 09-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #9
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

You so funny..He neglected... That is nice he gets an alone trip with his dad...

to multi quote...go to each post your want to include...right next to the button that is quote, on bottom right, there is one next to it, it says multiquote, when you hold your cursor over it.

So, click on multiquote on every post you want to use, then hit post reply at top or bottom.....and then all the quotes will appear in your actual reply

Hope that was not too confusing
Old 09-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #10
Muffinygood
Proud DVC owner at SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
I already like it! I understand how you feel though,I started my first trip report a few days ago.My biggest fears were that nobody would read it or I would bore people to tears.

Anyway,I can't believe you kept it a surprise!That is so cool. My son's bday is in a few weeks(he will be 10) and he asked to go back for his present.

How did you tell him?
Love the code talk.

Gosh, I missed you in my reply! It was SOOOOOOOOOO hard to keep the secret! I'm a big blabber mouth. My DH said NO way could I do it! Well, he was wrong! AGAIN! ha ha ha haha

I am starting your TR right now! So, there, we don't need to be a-scared anymore..

Keep reading! I will try to get the morning of the the "REVEAL" done tomorrow morning!

And get some pics up if I can.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #11
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

I followed you over form Goofy and meeska's report. Great start. Can't wait to hear about how you told DS

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 09-11-2007, 11:22 PM   #12
CruisinEars
Engaged at WDW 8/23/95!

I followed you over her from goofy and meeska's thread too. Great start so far and I can't wait to read more. My son is going to be 10 for our next trip in May, so I can relate.

Number of Trips:
WDW=7
DL=7
DCL=1
Old 09-12-2007, 08:21 AM   #13
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Yes...links really do work. Now get writing!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:19 AM   #14
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Subbing... I'll be back later to read, but I wanted to sub before I forget!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:29 AM   #15
Muffinygood
Proud DVC owner at SSR

Hi Y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Subbing... I'll be back later to read, but I wanted to sub before I forget!
Thanks! And Welcome! I have the next installment written but I'm trying to fuss with the photo things.... If I don't get the photos worked out I'll at least post the update today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
Yes...links really do work. Now get writing!
See above! Thanks for jumpin' on DM! Oh, and I love your myspace page. I have tink on mine too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinEars View Post
I followed you over her from goofy and meeska's thread too. Great start so far and I can't wait to read more. My son is going to be 10 for our next trip in May, so I can relate.
Ten is the best! I love 10! And welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I followed you over form Goofy and meeska's report. Great start. Can't wait to hear about how you told DS
Goofy and Meeska's TR is probably the best one I've read! I have no illusions that I'll come close but I'm going to enjoy telling our story anyway! Welcome!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: