Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 621 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #1021
lynninpa

Help yourself! I just made a few new batches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deekaypee View Post
California Grill Recipes
Thank you for the wonderful recipes from the California Grill, deekaypee! I have added the Butternut Squash Ravioli (sounds wonderful, by the way!) to the Requested Recipes List. If I or a fellow Diser comes across the recipe, I will certainly let you know!

Last edited by lynninpa; 01-19-2008 at 10:54 PM.
lynninpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #1022
lynninpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by inloveindisney View Post
anyone have a recipe for pina colada bread from Olivias cafe?
I have added this to the Requested Recipes List (page 15, post 222) I have not been able to find it. Yet if I or a fellow Diser does, I will certainly let you know, inloveindisney!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2008, 12:14 AM   #1023
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful thread! I just found it yesterday, and have finally managed to at least skim thru all 69 pages. I'm anxious to try some of the variations on the LeCelliar cheese soup. The version I made from a Disney cook book I bought was horrible. I also can't wait to try all the recipes I found here. Guess what goes on tomorrow's shopping list?

Two that I'd like to have are the DCL room-service lasagna and the DCL paninis from Goofey's Grill. I love fixing paninis, but can't remember what all was on those.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #1024
antkim
"Easy to love"
Figured out how to feel good
More blessings on the way

subscribing!!!!!

Anyone have the recipe for Stir-Fried Asian Noodles with Chicken from Kona Cafe???? Delicious!!

Last edited by antkim; 01-20-2008 at 09:44 AM.
antkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #1025
lynninpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by antkim View Post
subscribing!!!!!

Anyone have the recipe for Stir-Fried Asian Noodles with Chicken from Kona Cafe???? Delicious!!
A fellow Diser just posted this recipe yesterday, antkim! It is on page 68.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:12 PM   #1026
4luvofthemouse
Mouseketeer

*subscribing*

I just found this thread, and have only gone through a couple of recipes and already I'm starving! I have one of the Disney cook books but it doens't have everything in it.
I think my grocery list is going to be a little longer this week...

Me DH DD
Disney Bride Dec.'07 WP/GF/Fantasmic DP
Other Trips: AS Sport-Dec.'02, AS Sport Aug.'05, ASMu/GF-Aug.'07, GF- Dec.'07, POP-June '08, ASMu/CR Dec.'08, SSR Feb. '10,
July '10 SSR
Upcoming: March '14 POP. Oct. '14 DCL & POR
4luvofthemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:20 PM   #1027
PirateQueenButtars
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have the recipe for Raglan Roads Scallop Forest??? PLEASE???
PirateQueenButtars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #1028
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deekaypee View Post
Just received this email from California Grill:

It's particularly disappointing to me, as I was the vegetarian of the party & the butternut squash ravioli was delicious. I'll post the recipes for what they did send--the Pork Tenderloin--in the next posts.
Thanks so much for posting this DeeKayPee as it's slightly different from the recipe I had. One thing I'd note however, is that yours calls for 1 pound of pork for 4 people and mine calls for 1/3 to 1/2 pound pork PER person - so almost twice the amount. The Balsamic Mushroom Glaze recipe I had only called for Zinfadel and not "Zinfandel Glaze" so I'm sure yours is more accurate.

I know how disappointed you are feeling. I haven't heard back from any of the 4 restaurants who promised to send requests I left with them
I also know for sure that the Honey Crunch Cake recipe is now available as my server told me it's written down.
The one I'd love to have is the Caramel Apple Shooter dessert that's part of the "Caramel Apple" trio. It was amazing. I think I'll try and call the Grill and talk to my server as she was so nice.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #1029
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye1965 View Post
Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know how to make the Pomegranate Drink that is served Ohana's? We had it for our Disneymoon last October '07 and I would love to have it for Valentine's Day to surprise my new husband. Please help, it would be greatly appreciated
What a romantic picture!

The Pomegranate Splash was one of my favourite cocktails of all the ones I tried. I've made it twice now that I'm back and found that if I mix the ingredients before pouring into the ice-filled glass, it's better because it mixes more thouroughly. It has a wonderfully refreshing, slightly tart taste if it's the same one.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:12 PM   #1030
Tatania
Disney Foodie

I'm so sad that I no longer get notifications of updates to any of the Disboard threads I'm suscribed too. The threads are listed on my profile and the Emails are not going into my Spam box so any ideas what's causing this?

Old 01-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #1031
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Caramel Banana Crème Brulée

Going to Kona Cafe was a last minute decision the night before I left - mainly because it was a last ditch attempt to get requested recipes. It turned out to be one of the best dining experiences in WDW as every dish was perfect. The dessert was truly heaven on a fork. It's funny, because I remember the taste of the food far better than I remember any of the ride or theme park experiences. I think all us foodies have that in common.

Caramel Banana Crème Brulée
from Kona Cafe, Polynesian Resort
Yield: 8

16 oz Heavy Cream
*6 oz Caramel from the can
5 oz Egg yolks ( approx. 8 medium)
4 bananas & brown sugar & chocolate curl (Garnish)

1. In a sauce pot over the stove, heat the heavy cream and caramel and bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat and add the egg yolks to the heavy cream mix.
2. Wisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
3. Pour 7 ½ oz in each ramekin and bake in Baine Marie at 250 F for 1 hour and 25 minutes.
4. Chill for at least 2 hours.
5. Cut the bananas in half lengthwise and top each Crème Brulée with banana half and sprinkle with brown sugar. Torch with a butane kitchen torch. (They also added a long chocolate peel garnish.)

* I bet they mean Dolce de Leche and will try it with that.

Last edited by Tatania; 01-20-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #1032
apostolic4life
Chef Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post
I'm so sad that I no longer get notifications of updates to any of the Disboard threads I'm suscribed too. The threads are listed on my profile and the Emails are not going into my Spam box so any ideas what's causing this?

I miss my daily updates too......there was a problem when they changed servers earlier this month, but they fixed it. Seems as though the problem has re-appeared over the last few days. I hope they get it fixed again!!!

Where we've been:Aug. 2004 - CBR : Aug. 2004 - DCL : Dec. 2005 - POP : Nov. 2006 - Poly : Dec. 2007 - Off Site : Mar. 2009 - Off Site : May 2010 - Off Site : Jan. 2011 - POR : Feb./Mar. 2012 - Off Site
Where we're going: Dec. 2012 - Off Site
Me: DW: DD18: DD9: DD6:
DS3:
apostolic4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:25 PM   #1033
mkycrzy1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have not been getting them either...I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact you cannot seem to do a search (at least I have not been able to) in the past couple of weeks...I have not been able to click on the "new post" button and get any results either... ...I sure hope they get these problems worked out soon.

Sadly, no ticker for now
mkycrzy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:45 PM   #1034
my3disneygirls
I have never had the disire to try anything with such a colorful name

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkycrzy1971 View Post
I have not been getting them either...I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact you cannot seem to do a search (at least I have not been able to) in the past couple of weeks...I have not been able to click on the "new post" button and get any results either... ...I sure hope they get these problems worked out soon.
I haven't been getting any alerts since the system changed over. I haven't been comming here lately, because it's hard to sift through all the posts and find the new ones. I really miss getting the emails. It made things so much easier.
my3disneygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:30 PM   #1035
deekaypee
Mouseketeer
Ah, life in my Disney daydream is good

Quote:
Thanks so much for posting this DeeKayPee as it's slightly different from the recipe I had. One thing I'd note however, is that yours calls for 1 pound of pork for 4 people and mine calls for 1/3 to 1/2 pound pork PER person - so almost twice the amount. The Balsamic Mushroom Glaze recipe I had only called for Zinfadel and not "Zinfandel Glaze" so I'm sure yours is more accurate.

I know how disappointed you are feeling. I haven't heard back from any of the 4 restaurants who promised to send requests I left with them
I also know for sure that the Honey Crunch Cake recipe is now available as my server told me it's written down.
The one I'd love to have is the Caramel Apple Shooter dessert that's part of the "Caramel Apple" trio. It was amazing. I think I'll try and call the Grill and talk to my server as she was so nice.
Thanks for the update; I'm hoping to track down the Honey Crunch Cake for my DMIL, who loved it. I took them on this trip & they were very impressed with all the "extra magic" I knew about (asking for recipes, riding at the front of the monorail, etc.). I'd love to bring the magic home.

You know, it's funny. I never even looked at the portion size of the meat--the vegetarian thing, probably--but that's what the amount called for in the recipe. However, in the Excel sheet that they attached to the email, the proportions for the dish are: 7 oz. pork tenderloin, 4 oz. polenta, 2 oz. sauted cremini mushrooms, and 1 oz. zin glaze. So it sounds like your recipe might have a more accurate portion size. I think I'll edit the recipe to note the discrepancy!
... ................
deekaypee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: