Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #3031
bahecasmart
Earning My Ears

Salad dressing from Hoop De Doo Review

I know it's likely nothing fancy - but it was delicious!
Anyone have the recipe?
Old 02-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #3032
CindyIsMyFave
DIS Veteran

Penne alla vodka from Alfredo's?

Did anyone ever obtain this before Tutto Italia took over in EPCOT? We happened to eat there about 3 or 4 days before Alfredo's closed, and I asked the manager for it. He said that he would try very hard to send it to me, but his office was already packed up, so he wasn't sure he'd be able to. Unfortunately, he never did email. I even checked my spam folder for days!

So, I'm just wondering if anyone has it. I didn't see it on the list, so apologies if I missed it!

Most recent trips:
Dec/Jan 2011-2012 at POFQ (New Year's Eve) - Mar 2011 at WL - Dec/Jan 2009-2010 at CBR (New Year's Eve) - May 2009 at POR for 6th anniversary
60 visits and counting thanks to Mom & Dad taking me at least once a year since age 1. (32 year streak continues thanks to DH now)
CindyIsMyFave is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #3033
Starwanderer
Earning My Ears

Kringla Cauliflower Soup

I just got back form the World and I had a delicious cauliflower soup at Kringla Bakeri og Cafe in Epcot. I've searched the recipe thread here and while a cauliflower soup from the Verandah Restaurant is listed, I don't think that is the same as the one I had at Kringla.

I asked the CM at Kringla if I could get the recipe, leaving my name and email address, but to date I've not received it. While I'm still hoping to receive it, I am also looking for it elsewhere, in case it never comes in. Does anyone have this recipe?

Last edited by Starwanderer; 02-11-2011 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Add title
Starwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #3034
kbuck
Mouseketeer

Location: was Chalmette, LA now Pearl River, LA thanks to Hurricane Katrina

subscribing
Old 02-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #3035
rabrowns
Earning My Ears

Restaurant Copycat Recipes

Just found this forum. This is awesome. I just recently stumbled on a website that has some free restaurant copycat recipes. I would think that many of them taste like the real thing. There are some free recipes and they have a way to get over 700 restaurant recipes. Obviously, I have not tried all of them but the ones I have chosen are really good. Not only that, I make them for a fraction of what I would have to pay for them in the restaurant. Oh, yeah, some of the restaurants are not in my town or have moved out. Check it out. I sure am.... restaurantcopycatrecipes.info/

Anyone got a suggestion for a health club...lol.
rabrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:40 AM   #3036
phyllis1966
DIS addict who eats vicariously through others on the Restaurant Board
It makes me feel old when a young whippersnapper calls me "ma'am"

My delicious Valentine's Day dinner!

Hi all,

Just wanted to post, after being a subscriber to this thread for a long time, that I finally made 3 of the recipes I found here...my Valentine dinner for DH and DD was an appetizer of Kona Cafe's Sticky Wings, 'Ohana's Green Beans with Bacon, and 50's PTC Pot Roast.

Well, the big hit was the Sticky Wings - oh lordy, they were absolutely delicious and made us feel like we were right back there in the Kona Cafe. When the wings are garnished as recommended, they look beautiful and taste awesome!

The green beans were also delicious and tasted just as I remembered them from our last 'Ohana dinner in 2004.

The pot roast was tasty, but dry - I think the cut of meat is too lean...maybe I'll try a chuck roast with more fat marbelization next time.

Anyway, try making the wings (I broiled them instead of deep-frying them) - they are worth it and honestly quite easy to prepare. I can't wait to try another WDW recipe!

May 2006::December 2006 - surprise 40th Birthday family trip!!!
November 2007::November 2009::November 2010
November 2011 - GF surprised us with upgrade to RPC-TPV!::October 2012 - GF surprised us again - upgraded to Sugarloaf for 20th Anniversary!::July 2014 - Aulani!

Our little family: DH and me ~ DD15 ~ Gracie
phyllis1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #3037
phyllis1966
DIS addict who eats vicariously through others on the Restaurant Board
It makes me feel old when a young whippersnapper calls me "ma'am"

Wow - nothing doing here for quite a while!

I emailed for the recipe for the Peach Snap slushy drink that's sold at the Joy of Tea kiosk in China - it's a delicious frozen slushy drink made with green tea and Peach Schnapps...a few days later, I was emailed back an apology because the chef does not give away his slushy drink recipes...oh well...I'll just have to wait till we go back to have another few of these.

May 2006::December 2006 - surprise 40th Birthday family trip!!!
November 2007::November 2009::November 2010
November 2011 - GF surprised us with upgrade to RPC-TPV!::October 2012 - GF surprised us again - upgraded to Sugarloaf for 20th Anniversary!::July 2014 - Aulani!

Our little family: DH and me ~ DD15 ~ Gracie
phyllis1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #3038
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Thw slushy drinks use slushy mixes bought commercially which is why we can only approximate them at home.

Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Rock Shrimp and a Coconut-Lime Sauce
Coral Reef, Epcot

Coconut-Lime Sauce:
1 pound (about 2 medium) sweet onions, diced, divided
1 (13½-ounce) can coconut milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound (about 4 large) plum tomatoes, diced
1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon coarse salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2/3 pound rock shrimp, shelled
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro

Herbed Rice with Hearts of Palm:
1½ cups uncooked jasmine rice
4 hearts of palm, sliced
1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon coarse salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper

Grilled Mahi-Mahi:
4 mahi-mahi fillets, about ½ pound each
Coarse salt and ground black pepper, to taste

Garnish:
Fresh cilantro leaves

Preparation
For the Coconut-Lime Sauce:
Puree half of the onions with the coconut milk in a blender, and set aside. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add remaining onions and cook until translucent (do not brown), about 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and poblano. Cook until the tomatoes soften, about 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and coconut milk mixture. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Combine rock shrimp, butter, and lime juice in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Cook until shrimp are just cooked through. Add shrimp mixture to the coconut milk sauce; stir to combine. Add cilantro; keep sauce warm.
For the herbed rice with hearts of palm:
Cook rice per package directions. Combine cooked rice, hearts of palm, chives, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir until rice is coated in oil and mixture is combined. Cover bowl loosely with foil to keep warm.

For the grilled mahi-mahi: Preheat a grill pan on medium-high heat. Season mahi-mahi fillets with salt and pepper to taste. Grill mahi-mahi for about 3 minutes per side, or until just opaque.

To serve:
Divide rice mixture onto 4 plates. Place a mahi-mahi fillet on top of rice. Divide sauce evenly among each plate and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves. Serves 4.

Chef's note: If preferred, regular shrimp (peeled and deveined) may be substituted for rock shrimp.

Lava Lamp
Pop Century Resort

1 1/4 ounces Bacardi Limon
3/4 ounce Blue Curacao
4 ounces Sour Mix
Splash Sprite
Rose's Grenadine
Build over ice in cocktail shaker and shake. Pour into a glass and drizzle Grenadine on top for Lava effect. Enjoy!

Avocado Citrus Salad
Royal Palace, Disney Dream Cruise Ship
Serves 4

Citrus Dressing Ingredients
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 lime, juiced
2/3 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Avocado-Citrus Salad Ingredients
4 navel oranges
3 ripe Hass avocados, halved and pitted
6 cups mixed baby lettuce

For the citrus dressing:
1. Combine orange juice and lime juice in a medium bowl. Slowly drizzle in oil, salt and pepper, whisking vigorously until combined. If making in advance, re-whisk before serving.

For the avocado-citrus salad:
1. Cut peel, including the white pith, from the oranges with a small knife. Cut segments free from membranes; set segments aside and discard membranes.
2. Cut avocadoes into 3/4-inch-thick slices.
3. Divide mixed greens among 4 salad bowls. Top with 5 avocado slices and 5 to 8 orange segments; drizzle lightly with dressing. Serve immediately.

Smoked Bison Recipe
Remy Restaurant, Disney Dream Cruise Ship

Bison
1 pound buffalo tenderloin
3 tablespoons fennel pollen
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper

For the bison:
1. Cold smoke buffalo for about 35 to 40 minutes. Season each slice with 1/2 teaspoon fennel pollen, salt and pepper to taste.
2. In sauté pan over high heat, sear meat until golden brown.
3. Bake at 400°F for 5 minutes or until medium rare. Carve evenly into 24 slices.

Melted Fennel and Leeks
1 pound fennel, thinly sliced, bulb only
1/4 cup olive oil
1 pound leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
1 cup white wine
Pinch of sugar

For the fennel and leeks:
1. In a sauté pan over medium heat, sauté fennel in oil olive for about 5 minutes until translucent. Add leeks and sauté until juices are released, about 5 minutes. Stir in wine to deglaze the pan; reduce until liquid has been absorbed. Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.

Hearts of Palm Salad
1 cup fresh hearts of palm, sliced in half rounds
1 cup jicama, diced small
1/2 cup radish, diced small
2 black radishes, julienned, for garnish
1 blood orange, sliced into segments, for garnish

For hearts of palm salad:
1. Trim and clean hearts of palm. Blanch in salted water for about 3 minutes; shock in ice water, then cut into 1/8-inch rounds.
2. In a small mixing bowl, stir together jicama, hearts of palm and radish; toss with white balsamic vinaigrette (recipe follows). Garnish with black radishes and blood orange. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

White Balsamic Vinaigrette
2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil

For white balsamic vinaigrette:
1. In a small mixing bowl, stir together shallots, mustard and vinegar. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Petite Greens with Blood Orange-Tangerine Vinaigrette
1/2 teaspoon shallots
1/2 teaspoon garlic
2 tablespoons blood orange reduction
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon blood orange vinegar
1 tablespoon chardonnay vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons orange oil "O" brand
2 cups petite greens
Lavosh crackers, for garnish
8-year balsamic vinegar, for drizzling salad

For petite greens and blood orange tangerine vinaigrette:
1. In blender, add shallots, garlic, blood orange reduction, Dijon mustard, blood orange vinegar and chardonnay vinegar. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and orange oil.
2. Toss with greens.

To assemble
Place three slices of buffalo on each plate. Top with fennel-leek mixture, then hearts of palm salad. Garnish with blood orange and black radishes. Toss petite mixed greens in blood orange tangerine vinaigrette. Serve with lavosh crackers and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar on the plate.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:28 AM   #3039
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Curried Chicken Salad
From Wild Animal Trek, Animal Kingdom (Chef from Tusker house does menu)
Serves 2

1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
4 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 ripe mango, diced
3/4 cup red grapes

Fill a large, shallow pan with water. Bring to a boil and add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add chicken. Simmer, covered, until just cooked through, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. Cut into 1/4-inch dice and refrigerate until cold.
Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, onion, lime juice, curry powder, honey, ginger, pepper and remaining half-teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add chilled chicken and stir to combine. Fold in grapes and mango and serve immediately.
Note: If making in advance, combine chicken with sauce and refrigerate. Fold in grapes and mango a half-hour before serving.

Freedom Pasta
Liberty Tree Tavern, Magic Kingdom

8 ounces Fuseli Pasta
1 each Crimini and Button Mushroom
1/4 ounce Fresh Basil
1/4 ounce chopped Garlic
2 ounces diced tomatoes
4 ounces heavy cream
1 ounce vegetable stock
kosher salt
black pepper
2 ounces Parmesan Cheese

1. Cut all vegetables set aside
2. Start boiling water and cook pasta once it comes to a boil.
3. MAKING THE CREAM SAUCE: Heat the heavy cream on medium heat witht he vegetable stock, salt and pepper until little bubbles start to form on the edge of the pot.
4. Add the parmesan cheese.
5. Cook the vegetables in the saute pan. Add noodles and sauce. Cook until hot.

Rock Shrimp and Caramelized Onion Cheesecake (Appetizer)
Animator’s Palate, Disney Dream
Makes 1 (9-inch) cheesecake

Crust Ingredients
1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
6 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Shrimp Filling Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion
1 1/4 pounds raw shrimp, cleaned
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
28 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup liquid eggs
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Micro greens, for garnish

Asian Barbecue Sauce Ingredients
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 1/2 teaspoons Asian barbecue sauce*
1 teaspoon hot bean sauce*
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce*
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/3 cup chicken stock

Method — For the crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine all ingredients in medium bowl, stirring until well blended. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan. Bake crust until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
3. Cool completely before filling.

Method — For the shrimp cheesecake filling:
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté until caramelized. Add shrimp, and sauté until just opaque. Stir in sesame seeds. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine cream cheese, salt and pepper in large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time; add cream, beating until well combined. Stir in smoked Gouda and chopped parsley.
3. Spoon filling into crust. Place cheesecake on a baking sheet. Bake until cake puffs and top browns, but the center wobbles just slightly when pan is shaken, about 1 1/2 hours. Transfer pan to rack and cool. (Cheesecake can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
4. Run a long, thin knife around pan sides to loosen cheesecake Carefully remove ring, and cut into 14 pieces.
5. Serve at room temperature with barbecue sauce and micro greens.

Method — For the Asian barbeque sauce:
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine vegetable oil, shallots and garlic. Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Add Asian barbecue sauce, hot bean sauce and hoisin sauce; cook for 3 minutes. Add sherry and cook for 1 minute. Add soy sauce, sugar and stock; cook for 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a blender and process until liquefied. Let cool.
*Asian barbeque sauce, hot bean sauce and hoisin sauce are all typical condiments used in Asian cooking. They are available at Asian-foods stores, and in many grocery stores.

Chocolate Souffle

Palo, Disney Dream
Serves 6

3 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing the soufflé cups
6 tablespoons sugar, plus more for dusting the soufflé cups
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa
2 ounces (2/3 cup) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted
4 eggs, separated
Vanilla Sauce (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Set a full kettle of water on to boil.
3. Butter six 4-ounce soufflé cups and coat with sugar; set aside.
4. Bring the milk to a boil in a small saucepan, meanwhile; melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cocoa to the butter and beat with a whisk to a smooth, paste-like consistency. Reduce heat and cook for 1 minute.
5. Slowly add the hot milk, whisking until smooth, then blend in melted chocolate. Let cool for 5 minutes, then stir in egg yolks.
6. Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until frothy. Slowly add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff, glossy peaks form. Stir a heaping spoonful of egg whites into the chocolate, then fold in the remaining whites just until combined.
7. Pour the batter into prepared soufflé cups. Place cups in a large baking dish and add enough boiling water to reach halfway the sides of the soufflé cups.
8. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately, with warm vanilla sauce.

Vanilla Sauce
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1/4 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
3 tablespoons sugar
2 small egg yolks
1. Bring cream and vanilla bean to a low boil in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Combine sugar and egg yolks.
3. Add 2 spoonfuls of boiling cream to egg mixture and stir well, then pour back into the remaining cream and continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes.

Strawberry Cheesecake
Enchanted Garden, Disney Dream
Makes 1 (10-inch) cheesecake

Graham Cracker Crust
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 pinch cinnamon

Strawberry Cheesecake
1 (1-pound) bag frozen strawberries, thawed
5 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
1 drop red food coloring
1/4 cup heavy cream

For the graham cracker crust:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Stir until mixture is uniform and clumps together like wet sand.
3. Press mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes, then cool completely before using.

For the strawberry cheesecake filling:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Puree strawberries in a food processor. Set aside.
3. Combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at low speed until combined, and then increase mixer speed to medium. Beat until batter is very smooth, about 5 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
4. Sift the flour into the cream cheese mixture and beat until fully combined.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until mixture is smooth. Slowly add reserved strawberry puree, red food coloring and heavy cream, and beat until mixture is completely combined.
6. Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure the batter is mixed well. Pour batter into prepared crust, smoothing the top.
7. Bake until cheesecake is set, but still wobbles slightly, about 55 minutes to 1 hour. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 2 hours, then refrigerate overnight.
8. Dip a long, thin knife in hot water, and run it along the sides of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan. Carefully remove the ring.
Cook’s Note: To create the miniature cheesecakes served at Enchanted Garden, prepare cheesecake according to the recipe, but instead of baking in a springform pan, make the cheesecakes in small cake rings, sold in specialty-foods stores. Reduce baking time by 15 minutes.

Le Cellier Caesar
Le Cellier, Epcot

1 part Iceberg Vodka
2 parts Clamato juice
dash of Worcestershire (Duffy's sauce is the real thing if you can find it)
dash of Tabasco
pinch of salt and two pinches of ground celery seed.

Stir or shake well and garnish with a stalk of celery.

English Rose
Rose & Crown, Epcot

1 oz gin
1 oz apricot brandy
.5 oz sweet vermouth
1 oz orange juice
.5 oz pineapple juice
.5 oz cranberry juice

Leaping Leprechaun
Rose & Crown, Epcot

1 part rum
1 part vodka
1 part Midori
2 parts sweet and sour
3 parts Sprite

Moroccarita
Kiosk, Morocco Pavilion, Epcot

2 parts vodka
1 part triple sec
1 part lemon juice
1 part lime juice
2 parts sweet and sour mix

Mix well and serve over ice.

Lime Margarita
Margarita Stand, Mexico, Epcot

2 oz tequila
1 oz triple sec
2 oz sweet and sour mix
1 oz simple syrup
A good squeeze of Rose's lime juice - maybe a little less than 1 oz.

Blend with ice and serve in a salt rimmed glass.

Strawberry Margarita
Margarita Stand, Mexico, Epcot

2 oz tequila
1 oz triple sec
2 oz sweet and sour mix
1 oz frozen strawberries in syrup or Monin or Island Oasis strawberry puree.

Blend with ice and serve in a salt rimmed glass.

Last edited by Tatania; 04-07-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #3040
Disney Pal
DIS Veteran

Peanut Butter Heaven

I was wondering about a recipe for a candy they sold on the Boardwalk at Sea Shore Sweets a couple of years ago called Peanut Butter Heaven. It had crushed pretzels with a whipped peanut butter middle dipped in chocolate. We went back this year and the people working there told me they never heard of it. Has anyone had this before and if so, possible recipe???? It was so YUMMY!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #3041
teacher31
DIS Veteran

At Cape May last May, I had an incredible side dish of spicy wilted chard. I requested the recipe and didn't hear from them UNTIL YESTERDAY! 10 months later they replied. I couldn't be happier!

Spicy Cabbage with Rainbow Chard
Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts – Cape May Café

Yield: 2 ½ pounds

3 cups Green cabbage
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
¼ cup Onion, Julienned
1 ¼ cup Rainbow chard, sliced
1/3 cup Smoked bacon, chopped
1 Tablespoon Red chili flakes
To taste Salt & pepper
1/3 cup Butter

Method of Preparation
1. Heat olive oil with chopped bacon, onion and chili flake
2. Render fat for approx 1 minute.
3. Wilt cabbage on the hot water then and continue to sauté until cabbage is tender and begins to become translucent (approx 3 minutes).
4. Add Chard and wilt (additional 2 minutes).
5. Finish by tossing in with whole butter and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve promptly
June 2003 - POR, First trip: "We might come back once more before we die." June 2004 - POR: "Does it ever stop raining?"June 2005 - FW Cabins: "I wonder if the movers unpacked the house yet?"June 2006 - POR: "Are you going to wear that tiara all the time, Katherine?"June 2007 - POR: "Do we want to be the safari family of the day? YES!" Our dream!October 2008 - Dolphin: "Why do you want to go to Disney when you turn 40?"Thanksgiving 2008 - "Dolphin: I think I like summer better, don't you?"October 2009 - POR: "Who knew it could be so cold in October?" Freezing at MNSSHPMay 2010 - POR/Dolphin: "Why did we miss POR?" October 2010 - CS: "I think I like the dining plan. You?"
May 2011 - DOL: "How much are you going to eat, Owen?" October 2011: "I miss Katherine." May 2012: "Can we not do Universal again and go back to Disney?" You betcha.
teacher31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #3042
grimgrningghost
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Pal View Post
I was wondering about a recipe for a candy they sold on the Boardwalk at Sea Shore Sweets a couple of years ago called Peanut Butter Heaven. It had crushed pretzels with a whipped peanut butter middle dipped in chocolate. We went back this year and the people working there told me they never heard of it. Has anyone had this before and if so, possible recipe???? It was so YUMMY!
Haven't had this but it sounds delicious! Hope someone here has the recipe!
grimgrningghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:42 AM   #3043
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Baked Salmon Royale
Royal Palace, Disney Cruise Line
Yield: 4 servings

Truffled Cauliflower Puree
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 shallot, chopped
1 pound cauliflower, cored and cut into small florets
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
1 tablespoon white truffle oil

Sautéed Swiss Chard
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 small onion
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 pounds Swiss chard (about 1 large bunch), cut into strips
1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Chardonnay)
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper

Baked Salmon
1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
1/3 pound smoked salmon, very finely chopped
1/3 cup prepared horseradish
1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
4 (6-ounce) filets salmon

Beurre Blanc
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, divided
1 shallot, finely diced
1 celery stalk, sliced
1/2 leek, cleaned and sliced
1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Chardonnay)
1/2 cup fish stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper
Freshly chopped chives, optional

For the truffled cauliflower puree: Heat butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Sauté shallot until translucent, then add cauliflower florets, cream, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Cover pot and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until the cauliflower is soft, about 10 minutes. Add salt and white pepper; stir in truffle oil.
Transfer mixture to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.

For the sautéed Swiss chard: Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until fragrant. Add the Swiss chard and sauté until slightly wilted, about 4 minutes. Add the wine, salt and pepper; simmer until wine is reduced and Swiss chard is tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.

For the baked salmon: Preheat oven to 280°F. Combine panko, smoked salmon, horseradish, 1/3 cup olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir until breadcrumbs absorb oil and mixture is combined.
Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear salmon on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Cool to room temperature. Evenly distribute panko mixture among the tops of the salmon filets. Bake salmon for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden and salmon is just cooked through.
For the beurre blanc:
Cut butter into tablespoons. Reserve 2 tablespoons; set remaining butter aside.
Heat the reserved 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Sauté the shallot, celery and leek for 2 minutes. Add the wine and fish stock. Simmer until reduced by 2/3, about 10 minutes. Add heavy cream and simmer until mixture is reduced by 1/3.
Turn heat to low. Whisk remaining butter into wine mixture, one piece at a time, allowing each piece to melt fully before adding the next one. Season with salt and white pepper.
Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Keep warm until ready to serve.

To serve:
Spoon truffled cauliflower puree onto the center of a plate and top with sautéed Swiss shard. Place a piece of salmon over the Swiss chard, then drizzle with beurre blanc. Garnish with fresh chives, if desired.

Curried Carrot and Apple Soup
Enchanted Garden, Disney Dream Cruise Ship
Yield: 4 servings

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon curry powder
1 cup diced carrots (about 4 medium carrots) plus 1 whole carrot, divided
1 medium onion, chopped
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
Coarse salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Plain yogurt, fresh parsley, for garnish
Heat the oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add diced carrots, onions and apple, and stir until coated with the curry powder. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add broth, stirring to combine.
Cover the pot. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until carrots and apples are very soft, about 20 to 25 minutes. Puree in a blender, or with a hand-held blender. Taste, and add salt and pepper, if desired.
While soup is cooking, preheat oven to 400°F. Peel remaining whole carrot and cut into very thin curls. Roast for 3 to 5 minutes, or until ends are browned and crisp.
Top each bowl of soup with yogurt, roasted carrot curls and fresh parsley. Serve warm.

Pina Colada Bread Pudding
Disney Cruise Line, Various Restaurants
Yield: 12 servings

Bread Pudding

10 slices white bread
1/2 cup fresh pineapple, finely chopped
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 cups whole milk
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons coconut milk
2 tablespoons coconut rum (optional)

Vanilla Rum Sauce
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon coconut rum

For bread pudding:
Preheat boiler. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes, spread on a cookie sheet, and broil until golden brown. Remove from broiler and reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
Combine toasted bread cubes and chopped pineapple in a large bowl, mixing thoroughly.
Spread bread mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Drizzle with melted butter.
Warm milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat; do not boil. Whisk in eggs, heavy cream, sugar, coconut milk and rum. Remove from heat.
Pour custard over bread mixture. Use a fork to press bread down into the liquid until well soaked. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until pudding springs back in the center when pressed with a fingertip.
For rum sauce:
Combine egg yolks, cornstarch, 2 tablespoons milk, and 1 tablespoon sugar in a small mixing bowl, stirring until smooth.
Combine 1 cup milk, remaining tablespoon sugar, and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil.
Whisk egg yolk mixture into boiling milk.
Immediately pour into a bowl in an ice bath to prevent curdling. Add rum and whisk thoroughly.
To serve: Cut warm pudding into 12 squares. Drizzle each piece with rum sauce before serving.

Tres Leches Cake
Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante, Disneyland Resort (from Delicious Disney Desserts)

1 1/4 cups cake or pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup canola oil
2 cups sugar, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 large eggs
1 1/4 cups whole milk, divided
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon rum (optional)
4 egg whites

Preheat oven to 325ºF. Lightly grease 13 X 9 X 2-inch cake pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a small mixing bowl. Set aside. Combine oil, 1 cup sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly. Stir in 1/2 cup of milk and gently fold in the flour mixture until just combined. Pour batter into cake pan and bake for 30 minutes or until it feels firm and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool to room temperature.
Pierce cake with a fork 30 to 40 times. Whisk together remaining 3/4 cup of milk, sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup heavy cream and rum (optional). Slowly pour over cooked cake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
In a medium glass or stainless steel bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. With mixer running, add 1 cup remaining sugar in a steady stream, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of cake. Broil 1 to 2 minutes until meringue is golden brown. (A scant dusting of powdered sugar will help meringue nicely brown and add crunch.)

Cooks’ note: Rancho de Zocalo at Disneyland Park serves a traditional Mexican version of Tres Leches with a whipped cream topping. To make, combine 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 tablespoon sugar in a medium bowl. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat mixture until peaks form. Spread over top of cake.[

Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes (seasonal)
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jean-Marc Viallet, executive pastry chef, Disneyland Resort
In a mixer, blend 12 oz of butter with 18 oz of sugar, cream. Add 4 eggs one at the time, scrape the side of the bowl. Add 3 cups of all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt, mix well. Add a mixture of ¾ cup of cocoa powder previously mixed with ¾ cups of hot water. Then add 1 tbsp of vanilla extract with 1 cup of sour cream. Scoop into paper lined muffin tin, add a mint patty on top and bake at 350ºF about 20 minutes. After cooling, pipe your favorite ganache icing flavored with mint extract if desired.

Last edited by Tatania; 05-30-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #3044
Disneykidsdad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSEY View Post
Spicey Beef Empanadas
serves 4

Dough

6 c all purpose flour
1 tblsp sea salt
1/2 lb cold lard cut into small 1/4 inch cubes
1 egg beaten
1c water

Flling

1c lard, melted
2 1/2 c finely chopped white onion
1 1/2 lb cooked roast beeft cut into 1/4 inch cubes
2 tblsp paprika
1 tblsp red chili flakes
salt and pepper to tast

for the dough combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. With your fingers work the lard into the flour until mixture resembles coarse oatmeal. combine the egg with the water and gradually add to the flour mixture stirring with a wooden spoon until soft dough forms. transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead until smooth,about 5 minutes. cover and let rest.

For the filling, heat the lard in a large saute pan over medium heat until melted. Stir in the onions and cook until soft but not brown, about 10 min.
Remove pan from heat. Stir in beef,paprika,chili flakes,salt and pepper. cook for 2-3 min. stirring continously until meat is brown. Allow to cool.
Preheat oven 350 degrees
Roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick.

With round 5 inch cookie cutter stamp out 20 circles. Lightly brush the rims of each circle with water and put 2 tblsp of filling in each. Fold the dough in half to form semi circle and firmly press the edges to seal. Place the empanadas on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown about 15 minutes

Serve immediately
Maybe it's a bad memory but when I had these a few years ago, I don't remember there being cubes of meat in them. I remember it being ground beef. Am I wrong?
Old 05-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #3045
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Does anyone happen to have a recipe of the Caribbean Coconut Shrimp fro Rainforest Cafe?? TIA.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: