Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #2896
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

Anyone have recipes for the mussel appetizer at GF cafe and the salmon there?
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-11, 2014 Poly, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:51 AM   #2897
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdisney View Post
Looking for the recipe for Seared Marinated Tofu served at Disney Studios Sci Fi Diner - have looked everywhere and even emailed WDW for it - anyone know the secret?
Seared Marinated Tofu
Sci-Fi Diner / Disney's Hollywood Studios

1 cup Olive oil
1 tbsp Fresh garlic
3 tbsp Lemon juice
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1/8 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Ground pepper
8 oz tofu

Mix all spices, oil and juice in a bowl. Slice tofu into 8 equal pieces
and cover with marinade.

Mango Glaze
3 tbsp Mango puree (1/2 ripe mango & 3 tbsp water in blender)
1 tbsp Soy milk or 2 % milk
1 tbsp Honey
1/8 tsp Fresh cilantro

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.

Basmati Rice
16 oz Basmati rice
1 tbsp Kosher salt
1 ea Cinnamon stick
2 ea Whole cardamom pod
1 tbsp Olive oil
2 cups Water

Place all ingredients in pan. Steam on top of stove in a double
steamer.

In a sauté pan place 1 oz olive oil. Brown tofu on both sides. On large
platter place rice, top with sautéed tofu-then mango glaze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney8704 View Post
Does anyone have the recipe for the oreo milkshake from Sci-Fi?
OREA MILK SHAKE
Sci-Fi Diner / Hollywood Studios

1 cup Milk
2 scoops Vanilla ice cream
2 tbsps Orea cookie crumbles

In a blender, add milk, ice cream, and Oreo crumbles. Blend for 2
minutes. Pour into glass and garnish with a sprinkle of Oreo crumbs.

Option #2
Blend 1 cup milk and 2 scoops of cookies & cream ice cream. Blend for 2
minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lflax View Post
I would like the recipe for the chocolate peanut butter cake served at the Sci-Fi.
Any help would be appreciated!!
I'm pretty sure I posted this one a while back but since it's still on the request list:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cakes
Sci-Fi-Dine-In Theater Restaurant, Disney’s Hollywood Studios™
Makes 12

Chocolate-Pecan Streusel
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 cup toasted chopped pecans
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Peanut Butter Filling
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup prepared chocolate pudding

Devil’s Food Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup boiling-hot water
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs, warmed in very warm water for 10 minutes

For chocolate-pecan streusel:
1. Combine flour, sugar, butter, pecans, and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Beat on low speed with an electric mixer until blended and crumbly.

For peanut butter filling:
1. Combine peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, and pudding in a medium bowl. Whisk until combined.

For devil’s food cake:
1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine boiling-hot water and cocoa powder in a separate medium bowl, whisking until smooth. Whisk in milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
3. Combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce mixer speed to low. Alternately add flour mixture and cocoa mixture in 3 batches, beginning and ending with flour. Mixing until just combined.

For chocolate peanut butter cakes
1. Position oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of oven. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 12 (2 1/2-inch) ramekins with nonstick spray with flour. Line the bottom of each ramekin with a parchment paper round, and spray again. Set aside.
2. Divide chocolate-pecan streusel among the ramekins. Top each with approximately 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons peanut butter filling. Fill ramekins three-quarters full with batter. Place ramekins on 2 sheet pans.
3. Bake, switching position of pans halfway through, until cakes begin to pull away from sides of ramekins, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Cool cakes on pans for 20 minutes. Carefully invert ramekins onto each serving plate. Serve with vanilla ice cream.

For everyone posting recipe requests, Disney is actually supplying recipes when they can - especially if you tell them when you ate there or can supply a reservation number. If you were actually a guest, they are still helpful.

IMO, the odds of getting your recipe by posting a request here are quite low because it's doubtful that anyone coming here actually has it (or they would have hopefully posted it) and it's just as rare for anyone to fulfill requests while at the theme parks. I've done my best to help people get recipes but I won't be going to the parks in the foreseeable future and I'm hoping posters are not relying on anyone else to contact Guests Services or the Park Chefs on their behalf.
Please remember to post recipes if Guest services or a chef does respond.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Last edited by Tatania; 02-20-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #2898
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post

For everyone posting recipe requests, Disney is actually supplying recipes when they can - especially if you tell them when you ate there or can supply a reservation number. If you were actually a guest, they are still helpful.

IMO, the odds of getting your recipe by posting a request here are quite low because it's doubtful that anyone coming here actually has it (or they would have hopefully posted it) and it's just as rare for anyone to fulfill requests while at the theme parks. I've done my best to help people get recipes but I won't be going to the parks in the foreseeable future and I'm hoping posters are not relying on anyone else to contact Guests Services or the Park Chefs on their behalf.
Please remember to post recipes if Guest services or a chef does respond.
Thanks, I just emailed Disney to inquire about the Tomato Soup at The Plaza. I will post if they send it to me!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #2899
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
<snip> Does anyone have the tomato bisque recipe from the Plaza or the short rib pasta recipe from Chefs de France? <snip>
I've added your request for the ribs to our Request List. The Tomato Bisque recipe has already on the list for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusewcrazy View Post
<snip> I'm currently trying to find the recipe for the Chocolate Mousse cake served in Sunshine Seasons at Epcot (The Land). <snip>
Added to the Request List...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
looking for a recipe for the cocunut shrimp curry soup-it's an appetizer at Kona Cafe.... also a green bean curry coconut type dish from Boma ? can you see our theme here....my ds was in love with both of these.....
It's probably not at all the same, but there's a recipe for Coconut Curry Cauliflower Soup with Shrimp Dumplins on page 100. (from Boma) When my kids want something I can't find I often try something "similar" which satisfies their cravings - at least for a while. In the meantime, I've added your requests to our list. There's a wonderful Coconut Curry Sauce from Boma that came with the recipe I'd requested for their Cured Pork Loin (see page 130, post #1940). I'm thinking that might be good to simmer some green beans in...although it might be a bit thick for that. I just might try that the next time I open a can of coconut milk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharacterFan View Post
I love the pasta primavera from Crystal Palace. I normally make a dinner ADR there once a trip to eat it, but I always forget to ask for the recipe. <snip>

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
Anyone have recipes for the mussel appetizer at GF cafe and the salmon there?

From the Swan & Dolphin Monthly Recipe Club:

Eggnog Pound Cake

Ingredients for Cake:
1/4 Cup Dried Cherries (chopped)
1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
2 Tbsp. Brandy
a 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1/8 Tsp. Grated Nutmeg
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Sugar
3 Eggs
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Eggnog

Ingredients for Glaze:
2 Tbsp. Brandy
2 Tbsp. Water
3/4 Cup White Sugar

Method of Preparation for Cake:
Marinate cherries and cranberries in brandy for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour bundt pan. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Add flour mixture alternating with the eggnog. Mix well. Add fruit mixture. Bake for 1 hour. Cool for 10 minutes.

Method of Preparation for Glaze:
Combine brandy, water and 3/4 cup sugar.

Presentation:
Place cake on serving dish. Spoon glaze over cake. Top with your choice of fresh fruits.

White Bean Soup

16 Oz. Flageolet Beans (soaked in water overnight)
1 Oz. Thyme (minced)
3 Oz. Garlic (minced)
4 Oz. Shallots (rough chop)
8 Oz. Bacon Slab (large cubes)
1/2 Large Yellow Onion (diced)
5 Cups Chicken Stock
Water (as needed)
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
2 Oz. Mushroom Fricassee

In a large stock pot, render the fat from the bacon. Once there is sufficient fat, add the thyme. Sauté for 30 seconds to release the aroma. Next add the onions and shallots. Sauté for 1 minute. Add the garlic and bloom. Drain the beans from the liquid they were soaking in overnight and add them to the pot. Incorporate all of the ingredients together and then add the chicken stock. The stock should be about 1½ inches over the beans.

Simmer for approximately 45 minutes or until beans are tender. Add stock and/or water as necessary. Once the beans are tender pull the soup off of the fire and cool briefly. Take the cubes of bacon out of the soup mix and discard. Blend the soup until it is smooth. Season with salt and pepper.

PRESENTATION
Serve in a bowl and garnish with mushrooms.

Serves 4 - 6
Old 02-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #2900
mkspencer57
Earning My Ears

Boardwalk Brownies

Hi! I'm new here, but I've been going through the boards reading all the great recipes. Thanks for posting this treasure trove of Disney recipes. I tried to make the Boardwalk brownies tonight, and they didn't turn out quite right. The recipe says to bake at 330 degrees for approx. 15 minutes. After that time, I checked and they were real runny. I raised the temp to 350 and went another 15 minutes. They still didn't seem done, so I baked them another 10 minutes, and decided to take them out of the oven. They still weren't quite done, but I was afraid of burning the outside if I continued to bake. The parts that did fully cook tasted great. I was wondering if I was supposed to bake at 330 degrees for an hour and fifteen minutes...?? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Y'all rock!
mkspencer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #2901
piratesmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkspencer57 View Post
Hi! I'm new here, but I've been going through the boards reading all the great recipes. Thanks for posting this treasure trove of Disney recipes. I tried to make the Boardwalk brownies tonight, and they didn't turn out quite right. The recipe says to bake at 330 degrees for approx. 15 minutes. After that time, I checked and they were real runny. I raised the temp to 350 and went another 15 minutes. They still didn't seem done, so I baked them another 10 minutes, and decided to take them out of the oven. They still weren't quite done, but I was afraid of burning the outside if I continued to bake. The parts that did fully cook tasted great. I was wondering if I was supposed to bake at 330 degrees for an hour and fifteen minutes...?? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Y'all rock!
I tried finding another source to check for you as I've never made these myself. Generally brownie recipes tend to say to bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes, so I can't imagine they were supposed to be done at 330 for 75 minutes.

Some general questions...

Did you preheat your oven or just put them in & start the timer? That would extend the time...I confess I often forget to preheat.

If you took them out & had the oven door open for a bit while checking, or turned it off in between, or even had them out for ~5 minutes while you were checking on things it's possible that your total time wouldn't have been quite enough.

I never had the Boardwalk Brownies, but when my kids would make a box mix they preferred to "under bake" them...they like them gooey, chewy & not so cake-like. And the edge brownies are always more well-done than the center ones.

When was the last time you checked the temp on your oven? Maybe it doesn't quite reach the proper temp.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #2902
mkspencer57
Earning My Ears

Boardwalk Brownies

Thanks for responding so quickly. Yes, I preheated the oven, and when I checked it after the first 15 minutes, I opened the oven door and started to take it out, and when I started to move it, I could see it shaking like Jello, and immediately closed the door and reset the timer. The oven is fairly new, that's not to say that the temps are correct, but I think it's pretty close. The middle pieces were not just a little gooey, but runny still. As Alton Brown says: Not good eats. I served the best pieces to my family and neighbor with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and a little chocolate syrup and whipped cream. Got no complaints. If I can get this brownie recipe down, I would like to make the Ghiradelli fudge sauce from Downtown Disney to drizzle over the top, maybe some caramel sauce also. The brownies have a real good flavor with ice cream and would make a great desert. I'll give it another try and get back to y'all. Thanks again!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #2903
mkspencer57
Earning My Ears

Ghirardelli Fudge sauce

Ghirardelli’s Hot Fudge Sauce
Yield: 2 cup(s)
4 ounce(s) 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar
4 tablespoon(s) butter, cut into chunks
1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
1/2 cup(s) water
1/4 cup(s) light corn syrup
1 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract

might be good on more than just brownies...
Old 02-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #2904
hkeller27
Addicted to my refillable resort mug

Desperately craving....

Does anyone have the recipe for the Cream of Asparagus soup from 1900 Park Fare? I can't stop thinking about it since we last went two weeks ago....

This thread is awesome - and killing my diet too!!

Multiple trips as a kid * CBR 2000 * All Star Sports 2007 * CBR 2008 * BLT 2010 * Poly 2010 * BLT 2011 * AKV 2011 * BLT 2012* Magic 2012* DLR and Aulani 2012!! * BC 2012 * BWV/BLT 2013 * Poly 2013 * Dream 2014 * BLT 2014 * Aulani 2014
Our Second Homes!

hkeller27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #2905
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkspencer57 View Post
Thanks for responding so quickly. Yes, I preheated the oven, and when I checked it after the first 15 minutes, I opened the oven door and started to take it out, and when I started to move it, I could see it shaking like Jello, and immediately closed the door and reset the timer.
By way of comparison I checked the instructions for the Double Chocolate Brownies from Ghirardelli's and it says:

"Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix the ingrediants then spread into greased 8 or 9-inch square pan. Bake 20 to 30 minutes. For extra chewy brownies, use 8-inch pan and less baking time – (as little as 15 min). For cake-like brownies, use 9-inch pan and longer baking time. Cut into squares."

Those seem like very short baking times but then, they use very different ovens.

From the Disney archives "two longtime King Stefan Banquet Hall favorites - gone but they definitely stand the test of time"! (from D23 Magazine)

BEEF AND BARLEY SOUP

King Stefan Banquet Hall, Magic Kingdom
Makes 8 cups.

4 cups boiling water
coarse salt (to taste)
2/3 cup uncooked pearl barley
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup finely diced onions
1/2 cup finely diced carrots
1/2 cup finely diced celery
2 teaspoons dried shallots
2 cups (about ½ pound) diced, cooked roast beef
8 cups water
5 beef bouillon cubes, crumbled
2 chicken bouillon cubes, crumbled
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon parsley flakes

Method of Preparation:
Bring water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil in a saucepan on medium-high heat. Add the pearl barley; stir, cover, and reduce heat to low and cook for 30–40 minutes or until the barley is tender. Drain well in a colander and rinse using cold water. Set aside. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed saucepot over medium heat. Sauté onions, carrots, celery, and shallots for 3–5 minutes or until tender. Add the roast beef, water, crumbled bouillon cubes, salt to taste, pepper, and garlic, and stir to combine. Bring soup to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Continue cooking for 20 minutes or until the meat is tender. Add parsley flakes and the cooked barley and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Season to taste with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper.

CHEF'S NOTES: For the soup, you may add more roast beef to the recipe, if you prefer. Ask your deli to make the slices approximately one inch thick to make it easier for you.

FRIED BRIE CHEESE
It doesn't get much better than biting into warm brie cheese oozing out of a breadcrumb exterior. Who needs dinner?
3 cups vegetable oil
2 9 ounce (4½-inch) Brie cheese rounds
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup tomato sauce for dipping

Preheat the oil to 325 degrees in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Using a sharp knife, cut each cheese round into 8 even-sized wedges. Combine the flour and cayenne pepper in a mixing bowl. Place the beaten egg in another mixing bowl and the bread crumbs in a separate mixing bowl. Dredge the cheese pieces in the flour mixture and shake off the excess. Dip the cheese into the egg until evenly coated. Roll the cheese in the bread crumbs, coating evenly. Place pieces of cheese into the preheated oil in batches to avoid overcrowding the saucepan. Cook about 1 minute, or until golden brown. Remove them from the oil and transfer to paper towels to drain. Continue cooking the remainder of the cheese until complete. Heat the tomato sauce in a saucepan over low heat. If needed, season to taste with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve the cheese immediately with the tomato dipping sauce on the side.

CHEF'S NOTES: For the cheese, use your favorite tomato sauce or simply add Italian seasonings to plain sauce for more flavor.

Also from the Disney archives:
Lemon Grass Soup

Lemon Grass Soup
California Grill, Contemporary Hotel, Epcot (1998)
Yield: 6 to 8 servings

2 quarts fish broth, clam broth or water, warmed
1 small onion, peeled
1 small leek
1 carrot, peeled
1 poblano pepper, seeded
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
1 tablespoon turmeric
2 garlic cloves
2 ounces fresh ginger
2 ounces galangal (see note)
5 stalks lemon grass
2 kaffir lime leaves (see note)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
2 limes, zest removed and reserved (also, pith should be removed from citrus)
1 tablespoon Thai herb paste (see note)

1. Grind onions, leeks, carrots, peppers, garlic and ginger in a food processor. Sweat these vegetables in a nonreactive stockpot for about 5 minutes until tender. Stir in the turmeric.
2. Add warmed stock, lemon grass, galangal and Kaffir lime leaves. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add cilantro, basil, peeled lime, reserved zest and Thai herb paste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Press and strain through a fine mesh strainer. Cool soup mixture by placing bowl on top of ice. Serve.
How to make Thai herb paste: Puree 3 red bell peppers, 2 green bell peppers, 4 garlic cloves and 4 ounces fresh ginger in a food processor. Heat 1 cup safflower oil in a nonreactive pot, add red pepper puree and simmer for 1 hour. In the last 10 minutes of cooking, add 4 minced lemon grass stalks, 1/4 cup turmeric, 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted and ground cumin seeds, 1/4 cup toasted and ground cardamon, 1/4 cup powdered ginger, 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper and 3 kaffir lime leaves torn into quarters. Puree in a food processor or food mill and cool. Use as directed in recipe or store refrigerated in a jar for up to one week or freeze in small parcels for later use.

Recipe notes: Galangal is a root with a hot, ginger-peppery flavor. It is used primarily as a seasoning. Galangal and kaffir lime leaves can be found in the spice section of large supermarkets and in Asian grocery stores.
Storing notes: This soup can be refrigerated for 1 week or frozen for later use.

In 1996, The Orlando Sentinel’s food section asked Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney for some inspiration for a Mardi Gras menu. The result was this fab crawfish lasagna. The dish incorporates many traditional Louisiana ingredients including spicy andouille sausage, crawfish and Tabasco. But more importantly, it calls for the three essentials of the Louisiana cook’s ”holy trinity”: onion, bell pepper and celery.

Crawfish Andouille Lasagna
Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney
Yield: 4 servings

1 pound pasta
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups grated mozzarella
1 cup ricotta

Lasagna filling:
3 tablespoons butter
1 pound minced andouille sausage
1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1 cup finely chopped celery
1 cup chopped green onion
8 slices stale French bread, soaked in stock and minced
2 pounds minced crawfish tails
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Tabasco
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup crawfish stock thickened with a bit of roux ( 1/2 cup New England clam chowder can be substituted)
1 cup Italian bread crumbs

1. Heat oven to 350 F. To make the filling, melt butter in a skillet over high heat. Add andouille and vegetables. Cook stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Add minced bread, crawfish and seasonings. Cook mixture for 4 to 5 minutes. Add sauce and a cup of bread crumbs. Blend well and remove from the heat.

2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Lightly grease a baking dish and cover the bottom with a layer of pasta. Put a layer of the filling (about 1/2 -inch thick) over the pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella. Ladle 1/2 cup of the crawfish sauce on tip and spread evenly.

3. Cover with another layer of pasta, filling and cheeses, 1/2 cup crawfish sauce and ricotta. Repeat procedure (there will be no ricotta layer).

4. Top with remaining pasta and lightly grease the top sheet. Cover and bake for 3O MINUTES.

Last edited by Tatania; 02-07-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #2906
piratesmate

Index complete through this post.

I’ve made some changes to the index thread. We often have people who need help using the index. If you have a moment, please check it out & let me know if there is something that isn’t clear or that I missed. If you don’t mind, send me a PM instead of posting here so we can extend the life of this thread. Thanks!

Another recipe from the Disney archives via D23…

Blue Bayou Fantasia Cheesecake
You have the option on the final texture of this cheesecake. For a more cake-like texture bake about 10 minutes longer than called for in this recipe. For a creamier cake, remove five minutes earlier.

INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS
4 cups cream cheese (32 oz.)
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. lemon flavoring
4 eggs

With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar, blending thoroughly. Add salt and lemon flavoring and mix well. Add one egg at a time, blending thoroughly after each addition. Set aside.

Graham Cracker Crust
1 cup graham cracker meal
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sour cream
2 tbsp. sugar

Combine first three ingredients and blend thoroughly. Press into a greased 9-inch spring form or cake pan. Pour in cheese mixture and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 70 minutes, or until golden on top. Cool thoroughly. If you have used a cake pan, place a board the same size as cake on top, then tip slightly until loose and turn over on a dish.

Combine sour cream and sugar and spread evenly on top of cheese cake. For variety, top the cake with fresh strawberries or any other pie filling.

Re: Eggplant Catasta
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizziBee View Post
I just had this last week at Tony's it was amazing! Does anyone have the recipe? I also loved the Butternut Squash soup, but I found that one......
Added to the request list...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersheybar417 View Post
Hi all. Just returned from 3 weeks at Disney World. While we had no interest in eating dinner at Kouzzina, we found it a new and delicious place to eat breakfast. My question is, would anyone know where to find a recipe for the oatmeal, blueberry, orange granola pancakes? I'm not usually a pancake eater, but these were absolutely delicious. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMN View Post
We're looking for the recipe for the gravy they serve with the potatoes at Tusker House lunch/dinner buffet. It's a very dark rich gravy that looks and tastes totally unhealthy. LOL

Can anyone out there help?

TIA!

Last edited by piratesmate; 02-15-2010 at 12:47 PM.
piratesmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:17 AM   #2907
piratesmate

I found some old recipes at RecipeZaar & thought I would share. I know every once in a while we get requests for things people haven't even thought about in years. There are more coming when I get to it.

from RecipeZaar
Banana Bread
Disneyland Hotel
2 loaves

1 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups ripe bananas (Mashed)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together Flour, Salt and Baking Soda -- Set Aside. Mix melted Butter and Sugar until well blended. Add Eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Add Water. Add Bananas and Vanilla -- Mix well. Fold in Flour mixture until well incorporated. Grease 2 loaf pans and divide batter equally between the 2 pans. Bake for 1 hour or until center of loaf is firm and a toothpick inserted to the center comes out clean.

- - - - - - -
Snickerdoodles
Disneyland
60 cookies

Dough
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Topping
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

For the dough:
In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Set aside. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients. Form the dough into 1 inch balls. Place on a greased baking sheet and flatten.

For the topping:
Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle the top of the cookie before baking. Bake 8 minutes or until cooked through.

- - - - - - -
Zucchini Salad
Polynesian Village
3 cups

8 ounces sliced zucchini, unpeeled
2/3 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped red pepper
1/8 teaspoon tarragon leaf
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt
fresh ground pepper

Combine all the salad ingredients and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Chill. Serve as salad.
Serve with ½ cup Pioneer Hall Vinaigrette (recipe below)

- - - - - - -
Pioneer Hall Vinaigrette
1 pint

1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon chopped sweet relish
1/2 teaspoon chopped capers
1/2 teaspoon chopped green olives
1 teaspoon chopped red pepper
1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon chopped green onion
1/2 teaspoon chopped Spanish onion
1/2 garlic clove
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1/2 hard-boiled egg, chopped

Combine all ingredients to and including the red wine vinegar. Then add everything except the oil and egg. Mix. Now add the oil and egg. Stir gently with spoon.

- - - - - - -
Mikado Rice Salad
Lake Buena Vista Club
5½ cups

1 cup uncooked rice
1 1/3 cups peas
4 tablespoons diced pimentos
4 teaspoons green olives, julienne
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
white pepper
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Cook rice as directed by package. Cool. Blanche peas in boiling water for 2 minutes Chll in ice water. Drain well. Combine the rice and peas and remaining ingredients. Chill.

- - - - - - -
BBQ Chicken
Crystal Palace

2 broiler chickens, split lenghtwise
salt
fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon red pepper sauce
1 garlic clove, fine chopped
1 cup catsup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cup salad oil
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water

NOTE In place of the red pepper sauce and chili powder you can use 1 tsp BBQ spice or 1/8 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp worchesterhire sauce. The chickens should weigh 2 pound each. Place broilers in baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with foil and bake at 325F for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes or until lightly browned and tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Combine all the remaining ingredients except the cornstarch and water in sauce pan and bring to boil. Dissolve cornstarch in water and stir into this. Cook stirring until mix begins to boil again and thickens. Cook for 2 minutes. This will make 3 cups of sauce. Serve sauce over baked chicken. Refrigerate remainders.

- - - - - - -
The Floridian
The Land Grille Room

1 lb red snapper fillet
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
salt
pepper
flour
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup margarine

Cut fish into four portions. Combine juice, sauce and seasonings and pour over the fish. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. Coat fish with flour then dip in egg. Fry fish on one side in margarine in an overprood skillet for three minutes then turn and repeat. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Note you can extend marination over night for added flavor. Do NOT over cook. When done it becomes opaque and flakes easily with fork. Disney serving suggestion: Rice Pilaf and stir fried vegetable medley of carrots, mushrooms, zucchini and red and green peppers. Cook time include max marination time.

- - - - - - -
Grille Room Salad
The Land Grille Room

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 cup chopped apple
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 cup chopped cooked beet
1/4 cup chopped red onion
6 iceberg lettuce, slices see note
6 red pepper rings, halved

Note the Lettuce slices should be 1/2 inch thick. The recipe specifically states to only use REAL mayo. Mix the first four ingredients. Toss the apple with the lemon juice and add with beets and onions to the mayo. Chill. Put 1/3 cup on lettuce slice and surround with pepper rings.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:11 AM   #2908
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Mexican Sweet Bread

*edied* to correct the name of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake recipe. Review of this awesome cupcake is here: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/0...utter-cupcake/

Mickey Conchita (Mexican Sweet Bread)
Disneyland

3 cups flour
½ cup sugar
¾ teaspoon salt
1½ cups whole eggs
1 ounce (2 tablespoon) fresh yeast
½ cup butter, softened to room temperature

Topping:
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1¼ cups flour
Food Coloring

Preheat oven to 100°F. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, eggs and fresh yeast. Mix in a stand mixer fitted with a hook attachment until a ball of dough is formed, then mix at high speed until the dough comes off the sides of the mixing bowl. At low speed, add butter until incorporated. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Form balls of dough in two different sizes – some of approximately ¼ cup (2 oz.), and some of
approximately 1/8 cup (1 oz.) On a sheet pan, place a 2 oz. ball of dough to form Mickey’s face and two1 oz. balls of dough to make the ears. Mix shortening, sugar and flour. Add your favorite color of food coloring by drops until the topping is the color desired. Spread topping on top of the conchas and make decorative lines with a table knife. Place the conchas in the preheated 100°F oven for 30 to 40 minutes to allow dough to rise. Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake conchas at 375°F for 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool and enjoy!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake
Starring Rolls / Disney's Hollywood Studios

Chocolate Cake for Cup Cakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup boiling-hot water
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs, warmed in very warm water for 10 minutes

1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine boiling-hot water and cocoa powder in a separate medium bowl, whisking until smooth. Whisk in milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
3. Combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce mixer speed to low. Alternately add flour mixture and cocoa mixture in 3 batches, beginning and ending with flour. Mixing until just combined.
Fill Cup Cakes and bake at 340* F. for 25 minutes until cake feels firm to touch.

For the Peanut butter topping mix:
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Chocolate Fudge Icing
Pipe on top the Cup cake

Decorate with chocolate shavings.

Papaya, Avocado & Grapefruit Salad
Boma, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 4 servings

1 papaya
1 avocado
1 grapefruit
10 mint leaves, cut into strips
Dressing:
1/2 cups plain yogurt
2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
1 tablespoon honey

1. Peel the papaya, slice in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Using a large spoon, separate the fruit from the peel. Dice both the papaya and the avocado into 1-inch cubes. Using a knife, peel the grapefruit to remove all the bitter white pith. Over a bowl, cut each segment away from the membrane. (You can use the juice for the dressing.) Toss the fruit and mint together and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the dressing together; mix enough dressing to evenly coat the fruit.

Last edited by Tatania; 02-20-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #2909
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

I just made the Bread & Butter Bread Pudding from Raglan Road this evening and it was so yummy!

KristiMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #2910
piratesmate

Please Note: The directions I added to the index - to make finding a page easier - have been changed. I wasn't able to make it work the way I'd described it today for some reason.

I just added this to another thread in answer to a question, but want to add it here as well to keep them all together.

PUFFED FRENCH TOAST
from The Crystal Palace

2 whole eggs
2½ Tbl sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 c milk
1 c flour
2½ tsp baking powder
12 slices Texas style toast, cut in half diagonally
cinnamon sugar mix (4 tsp. cinnamon + 3/4 c. granulated sugar)

Mix eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, and milk until blended. Slowly add flour and baking powder; mix until smooth. Dip bread in batter. Fry in hot skillet with 1" oil until browned. Drain on paper towels; roll in sugar mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittsmum1998 View Post
I thought the noodles had soy sauce and peppers or some such thing.

Does anyone remember or know how to cook these noodles? I loved them at Teppan Edo.

thanks
Added to request list...

Index complete through this post.

Last edited by piratesmate; 02-28-2010 at 01:19 PM.
piratesmate is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: