Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #2596
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

The braised short ribs recipe came thru in the Swan & Dolphin Newsletter, not sure which restaurant though.
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #2597
DoodlesMom
Mouseketeer

Am I missing the Popcorn Mahi Mahi from GF Cafe anywhere? I LOOOOOVVVE that!
DoodlesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #2598
kidcoos3
Should be in animation
I'm seriously geographically challenged
As long as it's fruity, has rum and a cute umbrella, I'm game

Looking for 2 recipes

Does anyone have the french toast recipe from The Plaza Inn at Disneyland? I'm also looking for the mussels in thai broth recipe at the Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom.

Thanks!
2001 Boardwalk
2002 Wilderness Lodge/4 Day Wonder
2003 Grand Californian Hotel
2004 Saratoga Springs
2005 Grand Californian Hotel
2006 Saratoga Springs
2007 Mediterranean Magic
2008 Old Key West
2009 7 Day Magic
2009 Adventures By Disney - South Africa
2010 Saratoga Springs
2010 Animal Kingdom Villas, Boardwalk
2011 Villas at Grand California
2012 Aulani
kidcoos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #2599
kidcoos3
Should be in animation
I'm seriously geographically challenged
As long as it's fruity, has rum and a cute umbrella, I'm game

How about one more?

I'd also love the recipe for the Chimichurri sauce that was served with beef at Epcot this year - I think it was Argentina.

Never mind - I found it! This is a great site!!

Thanks!
2001 Boardwalk
2002 Wilderness Lodge/4 Day Wonder
2003 Grand Californian Hotel
2004 Saratoga Springs
2005 Grand Californian Hotel
2006 Saratoga Springs
2007 Mediterranean Magic
2008 Old Key West
2009 7 Day Magic
2009 Adventures By Disney - South Africa
2010 Saratoga Springs
2010 Animal Kingdom Villas, Boardwalk
2011 Villas at Grand California
2012 Aulani
kidcoos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #2600
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

I've gotten the index thread updated to here. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635

Hopefully it's right this time. Please feel free to send me a PM if I've messed it up somehow. I think I've caught the requests that have been met.

And speaking of the Request List...it would be really helpful if those of you who have made requests in the past would check to seek if yours is 1) still listed & 2) if an alternative was posted that will satisfy your request.

Thank you!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #2601
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Drinking a Grey Goose Slushie right now- delicious!! We didn't have the exact ingredients on hand so we made do with what we had, but it tastes really close to Disney. We used 1 cup of plain vodka (didn't have the citron flavor - will probably try this weekend), 1/3 cup of frozen Minute Maid lemonade and ice mixed in a blender. DH liked it like that but I thought it was a little too vodka tasting for me (I don't usually drink vodka) so he added a little more frozen lemonade. Now it's perfect, except for the brain freeze I just got drinking it too fast!!

Mom to DD 11 , DD 9 , DS 7

1975-2011 - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses, cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
MomtoGKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #2602
givawoof
Earning My Ears

Hello
I have spent the last 4 days catching up on your posts and copying recipes! This site is awesome! I'm a FL resident so we go to Disney everytime we have out of state visitors. I just can't wait to try some of these on DH!! Thanks for the wonderful job all of you have done collecting these PRICELESS TREASURES
Old 01-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #2603
scourtneyb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post
I have the recipe posted on another thread...will get the link and add it in a few...!

Here it is:

Irish Brown Bread
from the 2007 F&W Cookbook
***I think this is the one they also serve at Raglan Road

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking (not instant) Irish Oatmeal
1 tbs oats for top of bread
1/4 cup wheat or oat bran
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs dark brown sugar
1/2 canola oil
2 cups buttermilk

Preheat oven to 400.

butter loaf pan.

In a large bowl mix dry ingredients thoroughly and make a well in the middle.

Mix butter milk and oil and stir into dry ingredients with a wooded spoon.

Knead gently until smooth.

Spoon batter into pan and with the back of a spoon make a small well in the center of the batter. sprinkle remaining oats in the well.

Bake for 50 -55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.

Cool on a rack.

Serve with butter, cheese or a dipping sauce.

Raglan Road Dipping Sauce
The waiter gave me this recipe...

Mix equal amounts of Guiness and packed Light Brown Sugar in a sauce pan. Cook over low heat until it becomes syrupy.

ETA: I just cut the end off the bread and drizzled it with the dipping sauce...it came out yummy! Its a pretty dense bread...so good!
Does anyone know how much Canola Oil to add? It just says 1/2...but is it 1/2 of a cup? Sorry to sound stupid...but this will be my first ever attempt at making any type of bread and I don't want to ruin it!
Thanks!
scourtneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #2604
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoGKC View Post
Drinking a Grey Goose Slushie right now- delicious!!
I've enjoyed those at home too but I used a homemade sweet/sour mix. Next time I'll use frozen lemonade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by givawoof View Post
Hello
I have spent the last 4 days catching up on your posts and copying recipes! This site is awesome! I'm a FL resident so we go to Disney everytime we have out of state visitors.
If you to any any of the restaurants at WDW, could you try and get recipes for either the outstanding requests on our list or for new items that we may not have yet. The menus keep changing and there's always new dishes and new recipes to get. Our index and request list (post #5) is: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourtneyb View Post
Does anyone know how much Canola Oil to add? It just says 1/2...but is it 1/2 of a cup? Sorry to sound stupid...but this will be my first ever attempt at making any type of bread and I don't want to ruin it!
Thanks!
I have the Cookbook and it's 1/2 cup of oil. Not everyone is a fan of Irish Brown Bread as it can be rather dry. It's best eaten fresh from the oven.

This came from the Yahoo Disney Recipe Group. BTW I'm in touch with Kona Cafe's Chef regarding the dinner bread and, like the recipe below, Disney kitchens make large batches - lile any professional kitchen. They make 120 pounds of bread at a time and he'll see if he can break that down into something that works for a home kitchen - but no guarantees.

Boardwalk Bakery Pretzels
Boardwalk Bakery, Yacht & Beach Club Resort

32 pounds Sugar Cookie dough (ROOM TEMPERATURE) or 1 case sugar dough = 16#
20 ounces cocoa powder
32 ounces chocolate chip
10 each puff pastry sheets
Coarse (pearl) sugar to decorate

1. Combine Sugar dough, cocoa powder and chocolate chips till just combined, if mixed too, it long will become tough.
2. Weigh out chocolate dough to 7 pounds and roll out evenly between to 11 x 15 puff pastry sheets. Dampen the insides of the puff pastry with water to adhere to the sugar dough.
3. Cut into strips 3/4 " thick width, and twist into a pretzel.
4. Before baking, spray with water, coat with coarse sugar,
5. Bake 375 17-20 minutes until done.
* For ESPN Club Version, roll to 11" straight stick.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #2605
givawoof
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Restaurant Recipes

Tatania

I'll be happy to ask the worse they can do is say no!
Old 01-31-2009, 07:36 AM   #2606
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post
<snip>
This came from the Yahoo Disney Recipe Group. BTW I'm in touch with Kona Cafe's Chef regarding the dinner bread and, like the recipe below, Disney kitchens make large batches - lile any professional kitchen. They make 120 pounds of bread at a time and he'll see if he can break that down into something that works for a home kitchen - but no guarantees.

Boardwalk Bakery Pretzels
Boardwalk Bakery, Yacht & Beach Club Resort

32 pounds Sugar Cookie dough (ROOM TEMPERATURE) or 1 case sugar dough = 16#
20 ounces cocoa powder
32 ounces chocolate chip
10 each puff pastry sheets
Coarse (pearl) sugar to decorate

1. Combine Sugar dough, cocoa powder and chocolate chips till just combined, if mixed too, it long will become tough.
2. Weigh out chocolate dough to 7 pounds and roll out evenly between to 11 x 15 puff pastry sheets. Dampen the insides of the puff pastry with water to adhere to the sugar dough.
3. Cut into strips 3/4 " thick width, and twist into a pretzel.
4. Before baking, spray with water, coat with coarse sugar,
5. Bake 375 17-20 minutes until done.
* For ESPN Club Version, roll to 11" straight stick.
OMG! Those sound incredible!! I might just have to try these. I did some quick calculations based on a pound of cookie dough...not nearly enough I'm sure. But the Pillsbury refrigerated dough is 16.5 oz per tube, so it's about a pound.

1 tube of dough
2˝ Tbl of cocoa*
2 Tbl of chips**
about 1/3 sheet of puff pastry

*From my list of equivalents:
Cocoa 1 lb = 4 cups, so 20 oz = 5 cups. 20 divided by 32 is 0.625, which is 5/8 oz.

** The bag of Nestle morsels nutrition info says:
1 Tbl = 14 grams. Using the online converter, 14 g = 0.493835 oz. So 2 Tbl plus a couple extra pieces should do it.

Can you tell i took this recipe seriously? I'm seriously going to try these this way instead of making a batch of sugar cookie dough from scratch & trying to weigh it.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:51 AM   #2607
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

I can't imagine how to roll cookie dough BETWEEN sheets of pastry unless it means roll to fit between pastry

Let me know how it works out, sounds yummy
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:33 PM   #2608
Tatania
Disney Foodie

BBQ Chicken Quesadilla

picture by Pirate Me

BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
Wolfgang Puck Café, Downtown Disney
Serves 4 – 6

Mexican Cream:
1 lime, juiced
11/2 cups sour cream
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Fire-Roasted Tomato Salsa:
5 Roma tomatoes
2 dried chipotle chiles, reconstituted in warm water to cover until soft, then drained
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 cup olive oil

Quesadillas:
1/4 cup peanut oil
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt
Pepper
Peanut oil
1 red onion, sliced
1/4 to 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup shredded fontina cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons butter

1. Make the Mexican Cream: In a nonreactive bowl, stir together all of the ingredients, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
2. Make the Fire-Roasted Tomato Salsa: Over a hot grill, roast the tomatoes until blackened all over. Transfer to a bowl and add the chipotles. Cover and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Add the lime juice, basil, and garlic and marinate for 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender or food processor and pulse until chunky. Transfer to a nonreactive bowl and add the vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in 1 cup of olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and reserve in the refrigerator.
3. To start the Quesadillas: In a mixing bowl, stir together the peanut oil, ginger, garlic, cilantro, green onion, and red pepper. Add the chicken breasts, turn to coat them well, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
4. The next day, preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the chicken from the marinade and season all over with salt and pepper.
5. Heat a large ovenproof sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add enough peanut oil to coat the bottom. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast until cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes more. Remove the pan from the oven, leave the chicken to cool slightly, and then cut it into 1/2-inch dice and put the dice in a mixing bowl.
6. Preheat a grill or grill pan. Drizzle the onion slices with oil and place them on the grill. Cook until the onions are tender and golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from the grill.
7. Add enough of the barbecue sauce to the mixing bowl to coat the chicken to your taste. Place 4 tortillas on a flat work surface. In a separate bowl, toss together the fontina and mozzarella cheeses. Evenly distribute about half of the cheese mixture among the 4 tortillas. Then, evenly spread all of the chicken and the onions on top of the cheese and top them with the remaining cheese and the 4 remaining tortillas.
8. Heat a large sauté pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook until it is foamy. Carefully transfer 1 quesadilla to the pan and cook, pressing down with a spatula to seal the tortillas together as the cheese melts, until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side, turning the quesadilla very carefully. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas, adding more butter to the pan as necessary.
9. With a sharp knife, cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges, transferring them to a serving plate. Top each serving with Mexican Cream and Salsa, or pass them for guests to add to taste.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #2609
DisneyTripper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post

picture by Pirate Me

BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
Wolfgang Puck Café, Downtown Disney
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been searching for this for months.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:20 AM   #2610
GazerBeam
This isn't part of the ride, folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourtneyb View Post
Thanks!
It is half a cup. At least that is how much I have used and had very good results.

I imagine I'll be making a loaf or two next month, just in time for st. patrick's day!

GB
GazerBeam is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: