Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2008, 08:03 AM   #2506
debia413
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post
Lamb Slider - Roasted Lamb with Mustard Sauce on Brioche
Epcot Food and Wine Festival, New Zealand
Serves 4

1/2 pound lamb sirloin
1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced into very thin slivers
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 brioche rolls, sliced and toasted

Wow! Thanks for such a speedy reply! Is the recipe from this year? There was a *magical* brown gravy served with it. Would that be a separate recipe? I was thinking I could go ahead and make my gravy the way I always do when I have a roast, but there was definately more flavor happening in there. DH and I felt we could have drank it from a cup!

Quote:
That is SO exciting. I was always love getting a new recipe from Disney as it feels like getting a birthday present or something.

I couldn't agree more. I still remember how excited I was (and still am!) to get a recipe that is a clone from one of our favorite local restaurants, Clams and Green Sauce. Just thinking about it makes me want to make it. LOL
debia413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #2507
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by debia413 View Post
Wow! Thanks for such a speedy reply! Is the recipe from this year? There was a *magical* brown gravy served with it. Would that be a separate recipe? I was thinking I could go ahead and make my gravy the way I always do when I have a roast, but there was definately more flavor happening in there. DH and I felt we could have drank it from a cup!
This was from the 2007 Food and Wine Festival cookbook. I'll be getting the one for this year on the weekend but it only has "20 of the Food and Wine Festival" favourite recipes (for $30 for the book and shipping) and probably not any specific to 2008. Many of the recipes repeat over the years however, so the lamb slider itself is probably the same. There was no gravy recipe but if there's one in the 2008 book I'll add it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher31 View Post
Anyone have the recipe from the Mango Mousse this year from India or the Spice Cake from Africa with that wonderful chocolate sauce? They were both so wonderful!
The 2007 cookbook had the Spice cake but it's with infused fruit and not chocolate sauce.

Spice Cake with Vanilla Rooibos Infused Fruits
Epcot Food and Wine Festival - South Africa
Serves 6

Spice Cake
1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground anise seed
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 egg, beaten
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup molasses
½ cup milk

Infused Fruits
1 cup red wine
½ cup orange juice
2 tablespoon sugar
2 vanilla rooibos teabags
1 ¼ cups assorted dried fruit cut into small wedges such as apricots, pears, peaches and raisins

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously butter 6 ½ cup ramekins. Sift together the flour, sugar, soda, spices, and cocoa powder in a large bowl. Combine the eggs, oil, molasses and milk together and mix until smooth with a wire whisk. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients in three stages, stirring just combine all the ingredients to make a smooth batter. Spoon the batter into the buttered ramekins and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Set them on a wire rack to cool.
In the meanwhile, combine the red wine, orange juice and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring the liquid to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the mixture is reduced by half. Remove from the heat and infuse the tea bags in the liquid for 30 minutes. Remove the tea bags and add the dried fruits to the sauce. Set aside to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours.
To serve, unmold the Spice Cakes onto individual plates and pass the Infused Fruit separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy1 View Post
Sorry if i have put this in the wrong thread ; (
I am looking for a recipe that i had from the Delicious Disney Dining Book which i have unfortunately lost.
The recipe i am looking for is a slow cooked pork (might be called Adobe),im sure its from Crystal Palace.
Hopefully someone can help
Thanks
Crystal Palace Adobo Pulled Pork
The Crystal Palace, Magic Kingdom Park, WDW
Serves 4 to 6

Juice of 1 orange
Juice of 2 limes
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons coarse salt
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons canned chipotle peppers, chopped
6-pound pork roast, leg or shoulder
1 cup water

1. Combine the first 10 ingredients in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Add pork; seal bag, and CHILL 24 hours, turning occasionally.
2. When ready to bake, preheat oven for at least 15 minutes to 400°F.
3. Place pork in an ovenproof dish, pour marinade over pork, and add water. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F, cover, and cook for about 3 more hours.
4. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. To serve, shred pork and mix with its juices.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Last edited by Tatania; 11-06-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #2508
GWNnewbies
Mouseketeer

We just got back from a cruise on the Wonder and my daughter really enjoyed the pomegranate barbecue sauce that they served with a chicken appetizer that she had. Would anyone have the recipe for that?
Old 11-10-2008, 01:17 AM   #2509
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWNnewbies View Post
We just got back from a cruise on the Wonder and my daughter really enjoyed the pomegranate barbecue sauce that they served with a chicken appetizer that she had. Would anyone have the recipe for that?
I heard that past and present cruise guests have special access to a DCL website that also features recipes. I was wondering if this is true and if one might be able to request cruise recipes through that website?

Old 11-10-2008, 07:11 AM   #2510
GWNnewbies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I heard that past and present cruise guests have special access to a DCL website that also features recipes. I was wondering if this is true and if one might be able to request cruise recipes through that website?
I don't have access yet, you have to wait for them to mail you a membership number so I'm not sure what is on that website. I was hoping that someone here would have it, but I can wait and see if it is on there.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #2511
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This was from the 2007 Food and Wine Festival cookbook. I'll be getting the one for this year on the weekend but it only has "20 of the Food and Wine Festival" favourite recipes (for $30 for the book and shipping) and probably not any specific to 2008. Many of the recipes repeat over the years however, so the lamb slider itself is probably the same. There was no gravy recipe but if there's one in the 2008 book I'll add it.
I bought that cookbook when I was down there. I don't think it was worth the $ for the recipes . If you like the binder though, you can always add to it (from here ). The 20 recipes include:

1. Escargot from France
2. Pot Stickers from China
3. Durban-Spiced Chicken from South Africa
4. Potato Leek Soup from Ireland
5. Japanese Noodle Salad
6. Patlican Salatasi (Roasted Eggplant Salad) from Turkey
7. Crab Cakes & Barley-Lentil Salad
8. Maple-Glazed Salmon from Canada
9. Chicken Sha Cha from China
10. Quiche from France (I recently posted this one)
11. Spanakopita from Greece
12. Chilaquiles from Mexico
13. Kefta (Grilled Beef & Hummus in a Pita) from Morocco
14. Kielbasa & Pierogies from Poland
15. Kjottaker (Meatball Patties w/Cauliflower-Cheese Mashed Potatoes) from Scandinavia (definitely not there this year)
16. Maine Lobster Roll
17. Dulce de Leche Cream Cake from Argentina
18. Macadamia Nut & Chocolate Bars from Australia
19. Apple Strudel from Germany
20. Chocolate-Covered Cannoli from Italy

I'll be happy to post any of these, if you're interested.

Last edited by Tinker_Belle; 11-11-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Tinker_Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #2512
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Strawberry Tart

BTW Tatania, thanks again for the contact info. Epcot was very quick in responding...

Strawberry Tart
Boulangerie Patisserie, Epcot (France)

Dough:
5 C. Sifted Flour
Pinch Of Salt
1¼ C. Sugar
9-14 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
3 Eggs
1 Tbsp. Orange-Blossom Water, Or Any Other Flavored Water

Note: Use ½ Dough Recipe Per Tart

Tart:
Strawberries, Cleaned And Hulled - 5 Ea. Per Tart
Almond Cream - 2 Oz. Per Tart
Apricot Glaze - 1 Oz. Per Tart

Make a circle of the flour on a table; in a well in the center place the salt, sugar and butter (previously kneaded in a clothe dusted with flour), the eggs and water. After the ingredients have been coarsely mixed in 2 or 3 minutes, knead the dough.

Gather the dough into a ball and roll in a circle. Place the dough in a flan ring on a slightly dampened pastry sheet; press the dough down so that it takes the exact shape of the ring. Fold the excess dough down over the edge and sides and cut the excess. Take the fold of dough and crimp the outside rim.

Spread almond cream inside the shell. Line the inside of the pastry with a fine buttered paper; fill to the top with dry beans; bake in a 325-degree oven until golden brown.

Remove from the oven; let cool; remove the ring. Arrange the hulled strawberries in the tart and brush the surface of the berries with apricot glaze.

Last edited by Tinker_Belle; 11-11-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #2513
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Spatzle w/Mushroom Ragout

Spatzle
Biergarten, Epcot (Germany)*

Ingredients
10 each whole eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup semolina flour
3 tablespoons salt
¾ cup water

Method of Preparation
1. Mix the all-purpose flour and semolina flour together then add the salt and incorporate well.
2. Mix in the water and eggs until you have a firm but wet consistency.
3. In a 10 quart pot, fill 3/4 quarters full with water add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and bring to a boil.
4. Using a spatzle press or a large-holed colander press the spatzle dough through the holes.
5. The spatzle will be cooked when it floats to the top of the water.
6. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon. Drain any excess water from the cooked spatzle.
7. Sauté the cooked spatzle in a pan with butter, salt, and black pepper to taste.
8. Sauté the spatzle until it begins to turn golden brown and slightly crunchy.
9. Garnish with chopped parsley.

Note - You maybe able to order or purchase a spatzle press at any restaurant supply store at a local mall.

Mushroom Ragot
Rose & Crown, Epcot (United Kingdom)*

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
4 tablespoons chopped shallots
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 cup Portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
1 cup white wine
2 cups heavy cream
to taste salt
to taste pepper

Method of preparation
In a large pot, quickly sweat the shallots and garlic in olive oil. Add the mushrooms starting with buttons, crimini, portabellas, and the shiitakes last allowing three minutes between batches. Add white wine and simmer for five minutes. Add heavy cream, bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes to get the correct thickness, making sure it coats the back of a spoon well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

*Served together at 2008 Food & Wine Festival (Germany).

Last edited by Tinker_Belle; 11-11-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:05 PM   #2514
kehouse
Mouseketeer

i just got the recipe for the chicken fritters on the disney wonder. we got these the first night at parrot cay. they are awesome on the ship, but i haven't tried making them yet.

Smokey Chicken, Vegetables and Cheddar Cheese Fritters
with Smoked Salt and Pomegranate Barbecue Sauce

Makes 10 Servings

Ingredients For The Smokey Chicken Fritters

10 ea Chicken Legs and Thighs Roasted
2 ea Red and Green Bell Peppers Finely Chopped
2 ea White Onions Finely
Chopped
2 tbsp Oregano
8 oz Cheddar Cheese Grated
6 oz Plain Flour
1 tsp Cajun Spice
1 tsp Jerk Spice
6 drops Liquid Smoke
4 Whole Eggs

Ingredients for the Garnish

2 ea Red Bell Peppers Julienne
1 tbsp Cilantro Chopped
2 ea Red Onions Julienne
0.5 ea Lime Juiced
200 mil Olive Oil

Ingredients For The Pomegranate Barbecue Sauce

500 mil Barbecue Sauce
100 mil Pomegranate Liquor
2 drops Liquid Smoke
1 ea Onions Chopped
2 ea Garlic Chopped

Method for the Smokey Chicken Fritters
Remove the Skin and Bones from the Chicken and break (by hand) the
chicken into small pieces--mix with the remaining ingredients Season
with salt and ground black pepper and chill (TEST THE CHICKEN FRITTERS
BY DEEP FRYING BEFORE CHILLING)

Method for the Garnish
Mix the Ingredients together-place on a perforated pan-chill and reserve
for service

Method for the Pomegranate Barbecue Sauce
Saute the Onions and Garlic-add the BBQ sauce, and Pomegranate Liquor,
bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes-Reserve for service.

Assembly
Place the Garnish on the base of the plate, place 3 deep fried Chicken
Fritters on top-serve with a 1/4 Lime--Garnish the Sauce with a cilantro
leaf.
kehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:02 AM   #2515
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Mussels in Green Thai Broth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Belle View Post
I bought that cookbook when I was down there. I don't think it was worth the $ for the recipes . If you like the binder though, you can always add to it (from here ). The 20 recipes include:

I'll be happy to post any of these, if you're interested.
Most of the recipes were in the 2007 book though the Cannolli one I have from a previous year didn't have chocolate.

THis version of the Mushroom Ragout is from the 2007 Epcot cookbook

Spaetzle with Creamy Mushroom Ragout
Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2007, Germany
Serves 6

Mushroom Ragout
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
1 cup Oyster mushrooms
1/2 cup Cremini mushrooms
1/2 cup button mushrooms
1/4 cup Riesling wine
2 cups water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Spaetzle
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup semolina flower
3 tablespoons of sea salt
3/4 cup water
10 whole eggs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons butter
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. In a large frying pan, heat the canola oil and add the shallots. Cook shallots for 2 minutes then add the garlic and all of the wash and quartered mushrooms. Deglaze the pan with the Riesling, let cook for 2 minutes.
2. Combine the water with the cornstarch and add it to the mushrooms. Bring the liquid to a boil, stirring until sauce thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
3. To make the spaetzle, mix the all-purpose flour, semolina flour and salt together until well incorporated. Add the water and eggs mixing until the dough has a firm but wet consistency. In a 10-quart pot, fill 3/4 full with water and are 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring water to a boil and using a spaetzle press or a large-holed colander, press the dough through the holes and dropped directly into the boiling water. The spaetzle is cooked once it rises to the top, about 3- 5 minutes. Transfer the spaetzle to a colander with a slotted spoon and set aside to drain for 2 minutes.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat, and sauté the spaetzle, seasoning with salt and pepper as you cook, for 1 - 2 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Divide spaetzle onto 6 serving plates and serve with mushroom ragout on top.

Tinker_Belle - could you perhaps, pretty please, ask Chefs de France for the Almond Creme and Apricot glaze recipe? My success rate at getting recipes in the past weeks has been terrible so i don't dare put the request in

kehouse - thanks SO much for posting and fulfilling the BBQ sauce request. It's so rare to get any recipes from DCL so it's a real treat when one comes in.

Mussels in Green Thai Broth
Kona Café, Disney's Polynesian Resort (Delicious Disney)
Serves 4

1/4 cup canola oil
2 cups yellow onions, cut into very thin strips
2 cups green tomatoes, diced 1/4 inch pieces
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
4 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
2 cups coconut milk
4 pounds live mussels
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
4 limes, thinly sliced (about 24 slices )
1 cup chopped cilantro
4 slices day-old Italian bread

Place wok or large saucepan, uncovered, over high heat until hot. Add oil, then onions and tomatoes, and sauté for 1 minute. Add ginger and garlic and stir for 1 to 2 minutes, until the onions are slightly softened.
Stir in curry paste, butter, and coconut milk. Add mussels and season with salt and pepper. Add lime slices; cover the pan and steam over medium -- high heat for 5 minutes, or until the mussels open.
Add cilantro and pour into a large serving bowl. Garnish with bread slices (great for soaking up the broth).
Cooks Note: Mussels are best when cooked as soon as possible. Wash with a stiff kitchen brush under cool running water and remove the beard. Discard any with broken shells. And never eat a mussel who shell is not open after cooking.

Last edited by Tatania; 11-12-2008 at 02:26 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:54 AM   #2516
GWNnewbies
Mouseketeer

kehouse, Thank you so much for this. My daughter will be thrilled.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #2517
adizzle819
Mouseketeer

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had the recipes to the following:
white truffle sauce on Le Cellier's mushroom filet
spicy honey sauce on the duck entree at Chef's de France
cassata cake with marzipan from Tutto Italia

Thanks so much!!!

1997-POFQ, 2000-POFQ, 2002-YC, 2004-YC, 2005-BC, 2006-YC, Sept 2007-BC, Dec 2007-BC, Sept-Oct 2008-BC for F&W and Deluxe Dining, Sept 2009-BC with FD and F&W, Sept 2010-BC, Sept 2011-YC
adizzle819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #2518
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tinker_Belle - could you perhaps, pretty please, ask Chefs de France for the Almond Creme and Apricot glaze recipe? My success rate at getting recipes in the past weeks has been terrible so i don't dare put the request in
Thank you so much for pointing that out! I would have been so frustrated if I were ready to make it! I responded to the same email, requesting the Almond Creme and Apricot Glaze. Hopefully, I'll get a response as quickly as I had with the first request.

Thank you also for posting the Spaetzle w/Mushroom Ragout. I think this was the one I was really looking for!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #2519
GWNnewbies
Mouseketeer

kehouse, was there any other information about frying the chicken fritters? There doesn't seem to be any timing or anything, although I guess you would just fry them until golden since the chicken is already cooked. TIA
Old 11-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #2520
kehouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWNnewbies View Post
kehouse, was there any other information about frying the chicken fritters? There doesn't seem to be any timing or anything, although I guess you would just fry them until golden since the chicken is already cooked. TIA
no, i wondered that myself. but i think you are right, they were golden brown on the ship. oh, i hope these turn out as good as they were there. On the oregano, will you use fresh(can you even buy it fresh?) or dried, and will it be the same amount?
kehouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: