Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 638 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #2461
TXTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyWanaBe View Post
Here is one of my favorites from F&WF. USA 2008
Maine Lobster Roll
Thanks so much! I LOVED those when we were there last week! Thanks for sharing!

1995-All Star Music; 1996-Port Orleans; 1998-All Star Music; 2000-Port Orleans; 2001-All Star Music (x2), Caribbean Beach; 2002-Beach Club; 2003-Disneyland, Candy Cane Inn; 2004-Boardwalk Villa's; 2006-Beach Club, All Star Music, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs, Grand Floridian (Oldest DD was in the College Program in 2006!); 2007-Pop Century, Saratoga Springs, Disneyland-Grand Californian; 2008-Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Boardwalk Villas, All Star Movies, Old Key West, 2009-Saratoga Springs, Old Key West; 2010- Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, Saratoga Springs Grand Villa; 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2012-Saratoga Springs, Old Key West; 2013- Art of Animation, Saratoga Springs; 2014- Old Key West, Saratoga Springs
TXTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:22 PM   #2462
*Robin*
bibbity bobbity boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhcpaca View Post
Okay...here goes for the lasagna recipe. If I don't get it all on the first try, I will add the [B]rest later in the same post #. NOTE: I just lost 15 minutes of typing, so I am quitting for a little while. Be back soon with the rest.

WOOHOO!! Thanks so much!! I'm going to surprise my family with this over the holidays... YAY!!
*Robin* is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2008, 11:30 PM   #2463
apostolic4life
Chef Grumpy

Keeping Busy I See!!!

Wow, a guy goes away to open a new restaurant, only to come back and find a bajillion new recipes to browse through........lots of good ones too!! I am glad to see the thread is still alive and kicking, and I will be back to add my two cents as my schedule permits........we just opened a new restaurant last Wednesday and my free time is non-exsistant right now.

Just wanted to drop in and say hello to my DIS friends while I had a moment of time!

Where we've been:Aug. 2004 - CBR : Aug. 2004 - DCL : Dec. 2005 - POP : Nov. 2006 - Poly : Dec. 2007 - Off Site : Mar. 2009 - Off Site : May 2010 - Off Site : Jan. 2011 - POR : Feb./Mar. 2012 - Off Site
Where we're going: Dec. 2012 - Off Site
Me: DW: DD18: DD9: DD6:
DS3:
apostolic4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #2464
*Robin*
bibbity bobbity boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apostolic4life View Post
Wow, a guy goes away to open a new restaurant, only to come back and find a bajillion new recipes to browse through........lots of good ones too!! I am glad to see the thread is still alive and kicking, and I will be back to add my two cents as my schedule permits........we just opened a new restaurant last Wednesday and my free time is non-exsistant right now.

Just wanted to drop in and say hello to my DIS friends while I had a moment of time!

CONGRATULATIONS!! How very, very cool...
Best of luck to you...if you're ever inclined to let us know the name, I'll bet you'd have a few pop in!
*Robin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:06 AM   #2465
wvdislover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I also have the recipe for the Fresh Pasta. Does anyone want that recipe?

Cindy
Well, since you ask, OF COURSE!!! (If you have the time). Thanks so much for the recipes!
Missy
July '89--Fort Wilderness; Feb '93--Dolphin, POR; Feb '95--Marriott World Center; Feb '97--Marriott World Center, POR; Feb '99--Marriott World Center; April '02--AS Movies; Feb '03--Gaylord Palms, Hard Rock Hotel; Feb '04--Dolphin, Hotel at Florida Mall; Feb '06--POR, Dolphin; June '06--POP; Sept '07--AKL (a dream come true!!!); Feb '08--Coronado Springs Resort/Marriott World Center; Sept '08--Beach Club/Disney Wonder (our first Disney Cruise!!!); Feb '09--Disneyland; Sept '09--Beach Club; Sept '10--Beach Club (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '11--All-Star Music Family Suites (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip); Sept '12--Art of Animation (3D Travel's Ultimate Field Trip for Homeschoolers)
wvdislover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #2466
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Thanks Tatania for the suggestion of whom to email for the lasagna recipe. I received an answering email from Laura Hays, Human Resources Manager for Tutto Italia within 2 1/2 hours with the recipe. It is a very long recipe with three different sauces and fresh pasta sheets. I will post the entire recipe as soon as I have more time.

Thanks again, Tatania. Cindy
Posting from Macau and am THRILLED that you were given the recipe so fast. It's one we've had on the request list for a long time. Can't wait to update my collection when I get back.

apostolic4life - Wow, so much happening in your life from a new baby to a new restaurant. You must be exhausted but it's wonderful to have you check in again.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #2467
denman007

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by denman007 View Post
Thanks! However, I need to know what they use for the sweet and sour mix. It makes a huge difference.

I thought the bar tender told me they use crystal light sweet and sour dehydrated powder mix, but I don't see that on crystallight.com

Any ideas on the mix?
I called back to the Tambu Lounge and got the final ingredient. The sweet and sour is True Crystals....

http://www.kerryfoodandbeverage.com/

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...s_/ai_63849011

You can buy a case directly from Kerry for $33. Ask for Pat.

Last edited by denman007; 10-23-2008 at 03:58 PM. Reason: update
denman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #2468
SweetSpellsSweetie
Mouseketeer

I didn't see it listed in the index, but I had some really yummy Banana Stuffed French Toast at Boatwrights this past March.
Anyone know how to make it?

October 2009: POFQ, March 2008: POFQ, October 2007: Pop, May 2007: Coronado, March 2007: off property, March 2006: off property, May 2005: Pop; Coronado, May 2004: AS SportsJan 2004: Moved to Orlando for College Program, June 1998: Vistana Resort, December 1987: off property
SweetSpellsSweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:42 PM   #2469
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSpellsSweetie View Post
I didn't see it listed in the index, but I had some really yummy Banana Stuffed French Toast at Boatwrights this past March.
Anyone know how to make it?
Could it be the same as Tonga Toast? Take a look at this recipe (post 260)...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....575103&page=18
Old 10-15-2008, 07:52 PM   #2470
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Belle View Post
Could it be the same as Tonga Toast? Take a look at this recipe (post 260)...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....575103&page=18
People who have had both tell me they are almost identical.
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:49 AM   #2471
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

I've fallen behind here. Sorry! I'm working on the update now. And while I'm at it I thought I'd re-post my review & photo of the Nut-Crusted Mahi Mahi from Boma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesmate View Post
Last night we had Nut-Crusted Mahi Mahi made from the recipe I got from Boma in 2001. (Yeah, finally got around to making it. )

DH had picked up the nuts for me, but forgot to get the pumpkin seeds so I made it without those. As I remember what it tasted like at Boma, I should have sent him back out. It was excellent, but I missed that little difference. It was hotter than I remembered...of course that could be because I ran out of cayenne so I ground up some red pepper flakes...maybe about half of what it called for in cayenne. It ended up making my lips burn like they do when I eat Pad Thai from Chinese take-out...so it wasn't bad - just a surprise.

Super easy to make & delicious. We'll be having this again!

Indexes have been updated through this post.

Last edited by piratesmate; 10-19-2008 at 02:41 PM.
piratesmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #2472
hepkat17
Earning My Ears

Rice dream or rice pudding from Norway?

I forgot if it's called rice dream or not, but at the bakery in Norway at Epcot, they have a rice pudding topped w/ strawberries, anybody have that recipe? It's the best rice pudding I've ever had.
hepkat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:01 PM   #2473
piratesmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepkat17 View Post
Rice dream or rice pudding from Norway?
I forgot if it's called rice dream or not, but at the bakery in Norway at Epcot, they have a rice pudding topped w/ strawberries, anybody have that recipe? It's the best rice pudding I've ever had.
RICE CREAM WITH STRAWBERRY SAUCE
from Restaurant Akershus and the Kringla Bakery, Norway Pavilion, Epcot

Rice Cream Ingredients
1 lb small grain white rice (not instant)
3 cups water
4 cups milk
1 tsp salt
2 cups heavy cream
4 Tbl sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract

Cook rice with water and salt for 15 min. Add milk and cook for 30 minutes until rice is tender and of a thick consistancy. Let cool. Whip cream with sugar and vanilla. Combine rice and cream and serve with strawberry sauce.

Strawberry Sauce

2 cups Strawberry Preserves
1 cup water
1 Tbl lemon juice

Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix for one minute. Fresh strawberries may be added if desired. Serve rice cream in a bowl with sauce on the side or portion and cover with sauce.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #2474
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)

Anyone have the recipe for Mealie Pap (Porridge) from Tusker House? I need this one quick! We had this there a few weeks ago and loved it! My friend was with me, and is very pregnant, and has been craving the suff...I told her I would try to find it.

Thanks!
Lynn
Old 10-22-2008, 01:20 PM   #2475
piratesmate

cajunfan - I could have sworn I had the recipe for Boma's version, but I can't find it. DS fell in love with it when we were there. I'll add it to the request list. If you want to try to contact them directly for the recipe, there are some tips in the index thread post #4: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post25003776

And just to keep the requests together...

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy1 View Post
Sorry if i have put this in the wrong thread ; (
I am looking for a recipe that i had from the Delicious Disney Dining Book which i have unfortunately lost.
The recipe i am looking for is a slow cooked pork (might be called Adobe),im sure its from Crystal Palace.
Hopefully someone can help
Thanks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: