Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2008, 06:10 PM   #2326
quiltymom
Ears to you, kids!
Recognize the differences; experience it with open arms.

Looking for a DL recipe...

I had a wonderful Oriental Chicken salad at the Pacific Wharf Cafe in California Adventure last month, and I'm now looking for the recipe! They said that it was part of the F&WF, but not which year.

If anyone can help, that would be fantastic! Thanks!
DCL: 10/18-22/09, 4/13-17/14; POP: 10/22-24/09; POR: 10/13-20/07; WL: 3/28/05 - 4/2/05. Many visits to Disneyland, including Grad Nite '77, 6/02, 7/03, 7/11/05, 7/18/06 & 6/30-7/1/08, 7/12, GCH 8/9-11/10.
quiltymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:20 AM   #2327
foodlover_US
Mouseketeer

Hi qualitymom.

I am giving you the chicken salad recipe which I usually follow. It's easy to prepare :

Ingredients

1 whole chicken breast, cooked & diced
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
2 tsp. slivered almonds
1/2 head cabbage, sliced
3 green onions & tops, sliced
1 sm. pkg. Oriental noodles (Oodles of noodles), uncooked & crushed

Mix above ingredients together.

DRESSING:

1/2 c. oil
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. msg
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3 tbsp. vinegar

Mix dressing, pour over salad. Chill 3 hours.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2008, 07:26 AM   #2328
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desparatelydisney View Post
lasagnes de legumes du soleil a l'huile d'olive au thym (Vegetable Lasagna)
Chefs de France

1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
2 red bell peppers cut in ½” cubes
2 green bell peppers cut in ½” cubes
1 lb eggplant cut in ½” cubes
1 lb zucchini cut in ½” cubes
1 ½ cup tomato sauce
1 large onion cut in ½” cubes
5 pasta sheets
Sprig of thyme & rosemary
2 cloves of garlic
¼ cup olive oil

Sauté eggplant, zucchini, onions & peppers together in olive oil. Mix in all remaining ingredients and let simmer on low until egg plant is fully cooked. Layer pasta sheets in bottom of casserole dish, add vegetables and layer another of the pasta sheets and vegetables, leaving the top layer pasta. Sprinkle the cheese and bake in a 350˚ oven for 25 minutes.
That sounds delicious! I can't wait to make it.
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #2329
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

Today I thought I’d share more of the Disneyland recipes I’ve collected.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Grilled Corn Potato Salad
from Napa Rose, Grand Californian
Serves 6

1½ lb potatoes (fingerling, red new or gold)
2 c grilled corn kernels, approximately 5 cobs (I like to shuck the corn, boil, brush the cobs with oil, salt, pepper and lime juice, then grill on all sides.)
1 c creamed corn
1 c cut green beans, blanched
2/3 c grilled red onions (cut onion into rings, then grill the same way as the corn)
2 Tbl chopped thyme
1 Tbl each chopped sage and chopped parsley
½ c sour cream
2 Tbl lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
Grill corn and onions. Cut potatoes into bite-sized wedges. Place the potatoes in cold water and bring to a boil. Boil for approximately 20 minutes or until just tender. Drain off all water and season potatoes, while warm, with salt and pepper. Place warm potatoes in a mixing bowl and add all other ingredients. You can now serve or chill and serve tomorrow after re-heating.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
GRILLED VEGETABLE AND BEEF SALAD
Chef Bill Orton jazzes up the cuisine at Disney's PCH Grill

Salt and pepper
16 oz. New York sirloin strip
Nonstick cooking spray
8 oz. fresh asparagus
4 oz. sliced zucchini
4 oz. yellow squash
2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced across the grain in circles
2 peaches, stoned and quartered
1 small sweet onion (such as Maui or Vidalia), thinly sliced
Cilantro, for garnish (optional)

First, salt and pepper the steak and grill rare. Spray the asparagus and the squash with the oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables until tender and then grill the fruit. Arrange the vegetables and fruit on a plate. Slice the steak thinly on the diagonal and place on top of the grilled fruit and vegetables. Garnish with thinly sliced onions and fresh cilantro. Drizzle vinaigrette dressing on top and serve.

VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
2 Tb chicken stock
2 Tbl hoisin sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
2 Tbl olive oil
2 Tb rice-wine vinegar
1 Tbl chopped garlic
1 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and whisk together.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
HAWAIIAN GINGER DRESSING
Tahitian Terrace, Disneyland
Yield: 1½ cups.

7 Tbl Regina red wine vinegar
5 Tbl salad oil
3 Tbl cut up, peeled fresh ginger
1 tsp garlic salt
8 Tbl crushed pineapple
3 Tbl sugar
1/8 tsp MSG, if desired

In a blender, combine vinegar, oil and fresh ginger. Blend well on high speed (15 seconds). Add salt, pineapple, sugar and M.S.G., if used. Blend for another 15 seconds. Refrigerate any unused portion.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Korean Sauce (beef dip)
from Bengal BBQ

WARNING: Very Hot Sauce
1 cup Soy Sauce
1½ cup Water
1 Tbl Ground Black Pepper
3 Tbl Sesame Seed Oil
1 tsp Ground Red Pepper
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Tbl Fresh Garlic
1 Tbl Corn Starch

Mix all ingredients except cornstarch. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat. Add cornstarch to thicken.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Mashed Pepper Potatoes
Strombolis Ristorante, Disneyland

6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp chicken bouillon granules or 1 bouillon cube
2 large yellow peppers, roasted and peeled
1 tsp prepared horseradish
1 Tbl sour cream
Salt

Place potatoes in a medium sized pot. Cover with water and add garlic and chicken bouillon. Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until soft. Drain, reserving cooking liquid.

While potatoes are cooking, purée peppers, horseradish and sour cream in a blender. Place in large mixing bowl with potatoes and mash together, adding reserved water as necessary. Salt to taste.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #2330
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

I’m wondering if anyone can help me with this. A while ago I was looking for a Mango Salsa recipe & someone sent this one to me saying it was from Disneyland. When I Google it, however, I see this identical recipe on Family Fun Magazine. Does anyone know if this is truly from DL? I'd just like to get it identified correctly.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Mango Salsa
Makes 1 cup.

1 ripe mango
2 Tbl minced cilantro leaves
1 tsp of olive oil
juice from 1 lemon
¼ c diced red bell pepper
¼ c diced green bell pepper

1. Peel and dice 1 ripe mango.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the mango, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice & bell pepper.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
And here are several from Disneyland Paris...

LEMON TART
from Disneyland Paris

Ingredients for Pate Sucreé:
1 1/8 c sifted, white all-purpose flour
3½ Tbl cold, unsalted butter
3/8 c lightly packed confectioner's sugar
1 large, fresh egg
pinch salt

Filling:
9 large, fresh whole eggs
3 large, fresh egg yolks
9 fresh lemons, juiced
zest 4 fresh lemons

Filling: Whisk all of the ingredients together, refrigerate overnight.

Pate Sucreé: Beat the sugar, eggs, and salt together in a bowl, using a whisk, until the mixture is foamy, and has doubled in volume. Add the sifted flour all at once and incorporate quickly into the egg mixture, using a wooden spoon. Lift the egg/flour mixture from the bowl and rub it between your fingers until it resembles very coarse meal. Tip the mixture onto a lightly floured pastry board, quickly work in the cold butter. Work the pastry only until the mixture will for a loose ball. Wrap in very lightly floured pastry board, and roll it to about 1/4 inch thickness, 11 inches in diameter. Fill a 9-inch pastry shell with the pastry, trim excess. Dock the bottom of the pastry all over with the tines of a fork, cover and let rest for 45 minutes. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven on a sheet pan, until just blonde, about 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool.

Tart: If filling mixture has separated, lightly whisk to re-incorporate. Brush the tart shell with egg white or milk, place in pre-heated 350-degree oven for one to two minutes. Fill the tart with lemon filling, place in pre-heated 350-degree oven on the center of a sheet pan, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until set. Chill and serve, garnish with soft whipped cream, if desired.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Saumon Roti a L'Effilochee D'Endives
(Roasted Salmon over Shredded, Sautéed Endives)

Disneyland Paris

2 filets salmon, about 8 oz each
1 Tbl olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb endives
1½ Tbl butter
salt, pepper, lemon juice to taste

Red Bell Pepper Sauce

1½ Tbl shallots, finely chopped
½ c white wine
1/3 c fish stock
2/3 c heavy cream
½ c red bell pepper, very finely chopped

Sauce
In a saucepan, sauté shallots in a teaspoon or so of butter until transparent. Add white wine and reduce (simmer) the mixture until it reaches a pasty consistency (about 1/2 hr). Add fish stock, heavy cream and bell pepper. Simmer slowly until creamy (40 minutes or so, depending on desired consistency).

Endives
After washing endives, cut in two lengthwise then remove the tough centers and bases. Cut julienne style into very thin strips and stack together. Melt butter in large frying pan and add endives. Sauté for about 1/2 hr at medium heat until cooked through. When finished, the endives should be soft, moldable, brownish, almost transparent and their sharp bitterness should be replaced by a milder taste. Lightly salt and pepper, then add a little lemon juice.

Salmon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and stove to high heat. In a nonstick frying pan, heat olive oil until very hot, then sear the salmon on both sides until brown. Salt and pepper both sides of salmon, place in a roasting pan and roast for about 5 minutes.

Dish Display
Place half of the sautéed endives on the left side of the plate in a rounded, flattened shape to create a "carpet" on which to place the salmon. Using half of the sauce, pour most of it on the lower portion of the plate, drizzle some of it around and over the endives and save the rest. Place the salmon filet on top of the endive "carpet" and pour the remaining sauce portion over the salmon. Serve with colorful steamed baby vegetables if desired and French bread on the side.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Tarte Chaude Au Chocolat
Disneyland Paris

8 oz Bitter sweet chocolate
¼ c Sugar
½ c Heavy cream
2 Whole eggs
1 tsp Rum
1 tsp Extract of coffee (made by preparing a very strong expresso)
1/8 tsp Vanilla
6 Non-stick tart molds, buttered and floured
6 Pie crust -- shaped into shapes comparable in size to the tart molds, baked to a golden brown, cooled and set aside

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler (chocolate should be 125 degrees). In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs with the sugar, rum, extract of coffee and vanilla. Turn the melted chocolate in to the mixture and stir. Add the heavy cream and mix with a fork until smooth. Divide the mixture into molds and bake at 250 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes. Turn out molds and serve each atop a disc of pie crust. A tea biscuit can be used for tart crust, such as a Rich Tea Biscuit by Peek feans or Marias by Mother's cookies. If desired, serve with Creme anglaise and a small scoop of vanilla or *Marsala Ice Cream.

Marsala Ice Cream

1 qt vanilla ice cream, softened
½ c marsala wine (or to taste)

Mix the wine into the softened ice cream (or add towards the end of the mixing procedure of your own ice cream recipe). Re-freeze.

<Source> Disney Magazine, Spring 1996

Indexes are complete through this post.

Last edited by piratesmate; 07-24-2008 at 10:51 AM.
piratesmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:16 AM   #2331
PNWmom
Mouseketeer

Family Fun Magazine

Family Fun Magazine is owned by Disney so there is a strong chance it is a true Disney recipe.
PNWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:10 PM   #2332
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desparatelydisney View Post
Thanks for your help Tatania.

lasagnes de legumes du soleil a l'huile d'olive au thym (Vegetable Lasagna)
I'm SO glad the contact worked out for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWmom View Post
Family Fun Magazine is owned by Disney so there is a strong chance it is a true Disney recipe.
Usually if it's a recipe from the parks it will credit the recipe to the chef or restaurant. I get the online version sent every week and there are lots of recipes but I haven't seen one from the parks in a LONG time now.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:14 PM   #2333
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiltymom View Post
I had a wonderful Oriental Chicken salad at the Pacific Wharf Cafe in California Adventure last month, and I'm now looking for the recipe! They said that it was part of the F&WF, but not which year.

If anyone can help, that would be fantastic! Thanks!
Could it be similar to this recipe? - Pacific Wharf Café: Sonoma Chicken and Apple Salad - page 126

This dessert was made at Sweet Sundays demonstration of this year's Disneyland Food and Wine Festival.

Chocolate Souffle
DL Food and Wine Festival, Jorge Sotelo (Napa Rose pastry chef)
Makes 8 servings

6-1/2 ounces 62% Scharffen Berger Dark chocolate (or other chocolate with cocoa content no higher than 72%)
1/2 C. plus 6 T unsalted butter
5 large eggs, separated - bring to room temperature before separating, 4 hours or overnight
1/4 C. plus 3 T sugar
1 T all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bring a pan of water barely to a simmer. Place the chocolate and butter over the pan of water. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is melted.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar together until thickened slightly and lighter in color. Whisk in the flour and then the chocolate mixture.
Place the egg whites in a metal bowl and place over hot water until warmed slightly. Add 1 T of sugar and whip with an electric mixture on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1-1/2 tablespoons more sugar. Turn the speed to high and add the last 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar and whip until the whites form stiff peaks. Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg whites.
Divide the mixture among 8 buttered ramekins, filled 3/4 full. Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake about 9 to 10 minutes. The tops should be puffed and feel firm to the touch but are very liquid in the center. The finished soufflé is garnished with a white chocolate medallion, a crunchy cookie and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
The batter can be made the day before and poured into the ramekins. Remove from the refrigerator one hour before baking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by castawayMrs View Post
I posted this in another thread, but I guess it belongs here... just want to see if someone has it. I will forever be in your debt!

Does anyone have the recipe for the Valrhona Chocolate Truffle Cake served at Artist Point? I don't know if they'd even give that out or sell it, but I had some at our Disneymoon a couple of years ago and have been CRAVING it for some time now. If only they could MAIL me some... I'm getting DESPERATE to have it!
Thoughts? Recipes?

Thanks in advance!

Apparently this is the signature dessert at Napa Rose in DL, so perhaps the pastry chef (above) can be asked for the recipe. Laura Gilbreath at AllEars.net blogs about DL and WDW and she mentioned the dessert in a Napa Rose review: http://land.allears.net/blogs/lauragilbreath/

Last edited by Tatania; 07-24-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #2334
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesmate View Post
I’m wondering if anyone can help me with this. A while ago I was looking for a Mango Salsa recipe & someone sent this one to me saying it was from Disneyland. When I Google it, however, I see this identical recipe on Family Fun Magazine. Does anyone know if this is truly from DL? I'd just like to get it identified correctly.

From PCH Grill House? There is a Mango Sauce recipe that goes with the Panko Shrimp that is listed on Family Fun.com

MANGO SAUCE
2 fresh, ripe mangoes, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup water
1 red bell pepper, seeded
1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp. chopped fresh ginger
1 tsp. sriracha-style Thai chili sauce (available in Asian markets)
1 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. sugar
Salt to taste

Put 1 mango in a blender with the water, and puree. Place the puree in a mixing bowl and set aside. Finely dice the remaining mango and the bell pepper and add to the mango puree. Stir in the remaining ingredients and salt to taste.
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #2335
quiltymom
Ears to you, kids!
Recognize the differences; experience it with open arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodlover_US View Post
Hi qualitymom.

I am giving you the chicken salad recipe which I usually follow. It's easy to prepare :
Thanks so much!
DCL: 10/18-22/09, 4/13-17/14; POP: 10/22-24/09; POR: 10/13-20/07; WL: 3/28/05 - 4/2/05. Many visits to Disneyland, including Grad Nite '77, 6/02, 7/03, 7/11/05, 7/18/06 & 6/30-7/1/08, 7/12, GCH 8/9-11/10.
quiltymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #2336
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybeemom
I just got back from a short trip to Disneyland and I'm still thinking about the wonderful salad with blackberry balsamic dressing I had at Goofy's Kitchen. Does anyone have the recipe for this dressing?
DL Guest Relations responded:
Quote:
Unfortunately, we are unable to assist in your request for our salad dressing. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause you and your family.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:04 AM   #2337
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Stir-Fried Noodles

From the Orlando Sentinal, July 30, '08

Stir-Fried Noodles
'Ohana, Polynesian Resort, WDW
Yield: 4 servings

1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon each, puréed: garlic and ginger
1/4 cup each, julienned: red pepper and pineapple
2 cups cooked udon noodles
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon chopped roasted peanuts

Peanut sauce
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2-inch piece ginger, peeled
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup each: soy sauce, sugar and water
1/8 cup diced Spanish onion
1 tablespoon chopped peanuts

1. For sauce, put ingredients in pan. Bring to boil, stirring. Turn heat to simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour in blender. Pulse until smooth.

2. For noodles, heat canola oil in wok. Add garlic, ginger, red pepper and pineapple. Stir-fry until red peppers are tender but still firm. Season with salt and pepper. Add noodles. Stir-fry until noodles are heated. Add 1/2 cup peanut sauce to glaze ingredients. Garnish with nuts.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:59 AM   #2338
JodyLynC
I remember scooping the gravy onto my potato of choice
Aluminum pans ROCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post
From the Orlando Sentinal, July 30, '08

Stir-Fried Noodles
'Ohana, Polynesian Resort, WDW
Yield: 4 servings

1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon each, puréed: garlic and ginger
1/4 cup each, julienned: red pepper and pineapple
2 cups cooked udon noodles
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon chopped roasted peanuts

Peanut sauce
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2-inch piece ginger, peeled
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup each: soy sauce, sugar and water
1/8 cup diced Spanish onion
1 tablespoon chopped peanuts

1. For sauce, put ingredients in pan. Bring to boil, stirring. Turn heat to simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour in blender. Pulse until smooth.

2. For noodles, heat canola oil in wok. Add garlic, ginger, red pepper and pineapple. Stir-fry until red peppers are tender but still firm. Season with salt and pepper. Add noodles. Stir-fry until noodles are heated. Add 1/2 cup peanut sauce to glaze ingredients. Garnish with nuts.
Thank you!! My family loved these!

I'm making an O'hana meal this weekend!!!

JodyLynC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #2339
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Tomato Salad

Tomato Salad
Narcoossee's, Grand Floridian Resort, WDW
Yield: 1 portion

4 oz. Heirloom Tomatoes
1 oz. Bibb lettuce
1.5 oz. Shaved Cantaloupe
.25 oz. Basil Chiffonade
1 oz. Prosciutto
1 oz. Fresh Mozzarella, from curd (recipe below) *
.25 oz. Mozzarella Foam (recipe below)
.25 oz. Aged Balsamic
.33 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
.02 oz. Hawaiian Sea Salt

METHOD OF PREPARATION:
Mix the Tomatoes and Lettuce with Olive oil and Salt and Pepper.
Place on 1 side of the Diamond Plate and Top with Cantaloupe, Proscuitto, and Basil. Place Cheese slices on the other side, top with foam.
Drizzle with Vinegar, Finish with Sea Salt.
* the restaurant makes its own mozzarella cheese but you can buy a good quality fresh mozzarella.

Mozzarella Foam
Yield: 5 qt.

3.5 QT Heavy Cream
2 Lbs. Mozzarella Curd
1 oz. Kosher Salt

Bring the Cream and salt to a simmer. Melt in the curd. Cool and Strain. Run through the Blender to make smooth. Place in a Foamer with 2 charger canisters.

Fresh Mozzarella
Yield: 21 lb

21 lb. Polly-O Mozzarella Curd
3.5 cups (18 oz.)Kosher Salt
4 gal. (512 oz.) Water, Boiling

Break the curd into quarter sized pieces in a large lexan.
Remove the boiling water from the stove and place on the preparation table.
Place ice and water into a small lexan.
Pour the salt evenly over the curd and lightly toss.
Pour the hot water over the curd evenly one quart at a time.
When the curd pulls together, put on double gloves and pinch off a fist sized ball of Mozzarella and let it fall/pull down off one hand.
Gently fold the ball inside out gathering the ball at the bottom.
Place the formed ball into the ice water and continue until all the mozzarella is pulled.
Remove the balls from the ice water and wrap in plastic wrap.
Label, date and rotate. Lasts one week.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:32 PM   #2340
PNWmom
Mouseketeer

Tonga toast/blueberry French toast questions

There seem to be multiple recipes for Tonga toast. One version calls for the bread to be dipped in an egg and milk mixture another does not, both say to deep fry the bread.

Blueberry French toast one version says it is Tonga toast but with blueberries instead of bananas. Another calls for the egg milk dip and then fried in butter.

So for those who have eaten Tonga toast was it dipped in the egg mixture before deep frying? For the blueberry French toast eaters was it pan fried or deep fried?

Hopefully we will be having both for breakfast tomorrow.
PNWmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: