Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #1
Rachlynn
Earning My Ears

Smile Curves... the best 30 minutes

I just wanted to say that for any woman that would like to take charge of their health they need to go and find the nearest Curves and join...
Curves is designed especially for women to provide an effective strength,and aerobic workout and weight management program... it is fun fast and very effective...

I lost 95 pounds in 11 months by embracing proper nutrition and exercise. 100% results come from 3 30 minute workouts... It is amazing... You feel energized... empowered... it is the perfect "pill" that so many want to find on the shelf at the store... walk in and join... I promise you won't be sorry...

I have worked out with women who have changed their lives... improved their health by getting off medicine for diabetes... improved bone density... improved high blood pressure... lost weight and firmed and toned... Ask yourself how amazing is that!!!!

Even though I lost 95 pounds... I lost 80 inches... and 20% of my body fat... I went from a size 20 to a size 4/6... Get on board... I would gladly answer any questions you have on Curves... Many Curves now has Curves Smart... technology... via computer enhancements on the machines that are your personal trainers... with your personalized fitness program ...

Last edited by Rachlynn; 09-06-2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: mistake
Rachlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #2
NY Disney fan
DIS Veteran

Wow! Congratulations YOu have accomplished a huge feat. I belonged to Curves for 6 months and it was really great.
NY Disney fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #3
Laurabearz
I cant load my bobbin!
three kids keep me hopping
I was Grunge before Grunge was Grunge

Hot for Danny DeVito!

Location: 4.53 miles from PatrickIL' s house (would rather live by Universal to see if the Mummy ride will be open before May 21st!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachlynn View Post
I just wanted to say that for any woman that would like to take charge of their health they need to go and find the nearest Curves and join...
Curves is designed especially for women to provide an effective strength,and aerobic workout and weight management program... it is fun fast and very effective...

I lost 95 pounds in 11 months by embracing proper nutrition and exercise. 100% results come from 3 30 minute workouts... It is amazing... You feel energized... empowered... it is the perfect "pill" that so many want to find on the shelf at the store... walk in and join... I promise you won't be sorry...

I have worked out with women who have changed their lives... improved their health by getting off medicine for diabetes... improved bone density... improved high blood pressure... lost weight and firmed and toned... Ask yourself how amazing is that!!!!

Even though I lost 95 pounds... I lost 80 inches... and 20% of my body fat... I went from a size 20 to a size 4/6... Get on board... I would gladly answer any questions you have on Curves... Many Curves now has Curves Smart... technology... via computer enhancements on the machines that are your personal trainers... with your personalized fitness program ...
Wow you sound just like an Ad for Curves...
1/02 OKW 4/02 Offsite 5/02 BC/Poly 8/02 The Plaza NYC 9/02 BWV/RPR 10/02 HHI GV 12/02 OKW 9/03 VWL 11/03 BWV2/04 OKW/VB5/04 BWV/HRH6/04 HHI 10/04 BCV1/05 OKW 6/05 HHI 9/05 CR/Wonder 12/05 HRH/BWV 5/06 DLR 6/06 BWV 7/06 HHI 10/06 BWV/HRH 11/06OKW/RPR4/07 SSR 7/07 HHI 10/07 OKW/Magic/VWL 12/07 OKW 6/08 DLH 8/08 OKW/HRH10/08 BWV/RPR11/08 OKW/POP2/09 YC/RPR3/09 SSR 6/09 HHI 8/09 RPR/AKVJ/BWV/ASMo10/09 RPR2/10 FWCabins 4/10 BWV08/10 RPR/OKW10/10 BWV1/11 SSR 1/11BCV6/11 RPR/BCV11/11 BCV/AKJSAV 1/12 AKJSAV
On the Horizon HHI 6/12

Universal Orlando is Disney's Best Kept Secret!
Laurabearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:30 AM   #4
live4christp1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing this. I just got a 3 month membership to Curves by bidding on it for the Ronald McDonald House fundraiser. I haven't been yet. Please share what to expect, I have an appointment for assessment.
live4christp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
moet7
DIS Veteran

questions

Hi
Congrats! on great results!

I have also been thinking of joining. I just got relocated and lost the use of our rec-center gym. I haven't worked out, except for some walking and running in 6 months.

Thank you for offering to answer questions.

How exactly does the payments work?

Do you pay a monthly fee? or is it by the day?

If it's a monthly fee can you go as much as you want in that month?

Another poster said she was going for an assesment, is this something everyone has to do?

Can I just walk in and join and start working out?

I know that it's set up that you use each piece of equipment in a row, just wondering is there a wait, if someone stays on a certain piece of equipment longer than the next person might?

Are there personal trainers there to give you a program to follow? and do they keep track of you and tell you when to increase your work outs?

Do they also tell you how to work certain areas of the body that might be an issue for you? example; upper arms, legs and lets not forget the tummy!

Thanks again for helping us newbies out!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #6
Rachlynn
Earning My Ears

Wonderful Questions...

Wonderful Questions....

Exciting for me... I love the demensions that Curves has added to my life and I am a strong advocate that Curves could change the life of so many... We as woman need to stay strong... We need to feel empowered by first taking care of ourselves....What better way then take 30 minutes to strengthen our mind, body, and spirit... A TOTAL BODY WORKOUT....

Where to start... The fitness assessment which is a time that you can walk in or call and make an appointment...is a time for Curves to see what your goals are... what you want to see accomplished while working out... firming and toning, losing weight, just improving your general health... (heck all of the above for so many)... They truly get to know your needs and in the process you get to see what they are all about... learning what Circuit training is and getting to try out some of the machines... Very exciting...

Promotions are usually based on a 12 month enrollment set up on a CD(check draft.. using credit card, or bank account...) Membership dues come out of your account once a month... (all dues are different based on where you are at... so I won't quote an amount but you will get that at your fitness assessment appointment.)

The Curves workout is 100% effective if you go 3 times per week but you are allowed to go as many times as you want throughout the week... no limitations on how many times you use it in a month... Curves wants you to feel and look great... there is no limits on that! Also as a 12 month member you can travel to over 10,000 locations world wide with a travel pass...So there are no excuses for not exercising even while on vacation...

Circuit training and the Curves workout... You get your strength, aerobic, and flexablity training during your workout... every 30 seconds you change stations...everybody does this at the same time...Hence no problems very organized and fun...You will work every major muscle group in that 30 minutes... your neck, shoulders, upper back, lower back, lats, obliques, abs, glutes, thighs,(front, back, inner, outer,) biceps and triceps... and you will get an aerobic workout because you will keep your heart rate up... You can burn up to 500 calories in a half an hour! and you will do stretching at the end to help elongate the muscle...

There are trainers that will help you with keeping proper form and make sure you are doing everything right... The great thing about Curves is you are the one moving the machines and when you move them faster you are improving your reps... which includes increasing intensity and ultimately getting the best workout...

When you join you will be with a trainer who will teach you everything you need to know about getting the best workout... (My Curves does 3 first workouts but that may vary according to your Curves)

Your Cuves might even have the newer equipment called CURVES SMART... state of the art technology that will give you truly the best workout based on your fitness level...it is a computer that pushes you to increase intensity of the machines... It is AMAZING....

I wish you all the best when you walk through the door... The hardest part is making a descision to take care of yourself... Put your health, and wellbeing first... then you will be amazed at how it filters down to those you love, you will be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, neighbor, friend, heck a better woman... Remember you can't lose 95 pounds before you lost the 1st one...

If you need anything I would love to help... Curves also has a wonderful nutrition program... that is what helped me achieve my goals... It isn't a short term goal... nutrition and exercise is a journey one to really make you happier and healthy... Embrace and Enjoy... Believe and Inspire!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #7
DawnM
Dawn

Well, I used to go. I stopped when the closest one closed down.

Now DH's work schedule prevents me from going. He leaves at 6am and gets home at 6pm or later during busy season.

I have young children at home with me all day long, so without child care I just can't go.

Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:09 AM   #8
PatsGirl
Kids will write the darndest things
I'm a fan of the Red Sox and anyone who beats the Yankees
I can't believe my parents lived through my shenanigans

Dawn makes a point there. The Curves in our area do NOT allow any children on the premises. I don't have an issue with their policy, just wanted to clarify it for those women who have small child(ren). Most of the gyms around here provide free childcare and not having that made it very difficult for me to go to Curves as often as I liked. I will say that I liked the circuit exercise strategy. I always did double because if I was lucky enough to get a sitter, I was going to optimize the time spent exercising. Now, if only the Curves wasn't right next door to a really nice Specialty Shop that stocked the best wines, fresh Mexican food, a bakery, italian ready-to-go meals and a fish market. At least once a week, I'd finish exercising, head next door for a bottle of wine and dinner to go really defeating the purpose
Last night my sister and I were sitting in the den and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle to keep me alive. That would be no quality of life at all. If that ever happens, just pull the plug!" So she got up, unplugged the computer, and threw out my wine.

Brenda , Ed :Jacob 24 Alexandra 17 and two steps ~ Shawn 25 Nichole 24

SO turned husband March 2013

Next up ~ Halloween Horror Nights 2013 at Universal

F&W/FD for September 2012 with DD and SO who's a Disney virgin...this could be a dealbreaker

Celebrated my 50th with DD at Disneyland April 2011
PatsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #9
moet7
DIS Veteran

Thank you

Thanks for answering all of my questions.

Sounds like a great place to get started.

I'll have to locate the one closest to me and give them a call!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #10
Rachlynn
Earning My Ears

The importance of "Me" time...

You are all right when you speak of Curves not having childcare... but it is not that they are against children... they just want you to have ME time... a time where you can go and take care of yourself...We tend to give that up when we become mothers but really we need to embrace it... We will be stronger in the long run if we put ourselves first...

We can go to the store without them... we can go and get take out... go to the doctors... and some errands take more then the 30 minutes... so we should be able to take 30 for ourselves and our mental and physicial welbeing.. Children are in school... or how about before your husband leaves for work in the morning... I personally get up every day at 5:45 and I am at Curves by 6:30 and workout and am home before hubby goes for the day... And wow does it increase my energy for the day... How about a lunch break at work... how about after work on the way home...

We tend to make excuses for not doing things.. the negative voice saying we can't when infact it might not be the easiest path to take but sometimes it is the most rewarding....

My Curves has a restaurant right next door... but you know the life time goal of being healthy out ways the need to go and frequent this establishment... Sometimes you have to ask yourself some hard questions.... How important is good health to you... It is a never ending journey... it is not a year contract... Exercise and good health are truly like brushing your teeth or taking a shower... would you ever neglect your body by not doing those two things... I would hope you would say NO... so embrace exercise...Curves is a great program that is fun,fast, and effective that happens to make sure you give yourself a little ME time...
Old 09-16-2008, 09:26 PM   #11
mrs_hower726
Mouseketeer

I have a couple of things to add to Rachlynn's description of the program.

Another method of payment other than the 12 month CD is a monthly payment which most clubs offer, however, you would not get the registration discount and I know in the club I used to work in, the monthly membership was an extra $10 per month.

Another nice thing about all the machines is that they are hydraulic based. Basically, instead of straining at a typical machine to lift weights, the hydraulics work toward you on your level which will reduce muscle strains from occuring.

It is a wonderful program and for those who put the work into it, you definetely see the results. Well worth the investment IMHO.

Phillies 5k - 3/31/12: 36:00
Boots on the Run 5K - 4/25/12
Girls on the Run 5K -5/19/12
mrs_hower726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:20 PM   #12
Rachlynn
Earning My Ears

Curves... best 30 minutes... AND NOW WITH CURVES SMART!

I believe in Curves and the wonderful value it adds to womens health and fitness....

Our club just got the Curves Smart upgrade... personal coaches for your workout via a computer attachment on each machine... it pushes your intensity and your range of motion by programing your info into a computer... it is AMAZING.... If you want to learn more I would be happy to answer any questions... Check out your nearest club and see if they have this wonderful feature or are they going to be getting it....
Old 09-20-2008, 03:40 AM   #13
neonurse
Hidden Mickeys Everywhere!

THANK YOU!!
This is just what I NEEDED to hear. I have been thinking of joining curves and this was an added push.

I was making great progress with my weight loss...45 lbs!! Then little by little it started creeping back and then I got sick with anxiety and depression and was off work. Now 35 lbs are back. I feel so discouraged. I know that I can do because I have done it before but for some reason it just seems more difficult.

Maybe this is the change I needed. Thanks for the shove!!

I'll let you know how it goes!!
Old 09-20-2008, 07:03 AM   #14
Rachlynn
Earning My Ears

I am so excited for you to start this journey...

NeoNurse....

I am so excited for you to start this journey... remember it is the journey and not the destination... and I know that Curves will be the added motivation that you will need to reach those goals... Always a friendly, fun, loving family environment which includes all women.... it is extremely effective too... It enhanced my life by making me healthier... and happier... and stronger.... More AMAZING....

If you need anything let me know... I would love to help in anyway I can... This is such a great start in taking charge of yourself... the first step is so important... Making a commitment to yourself... making yourself a priority...

I always say you can't lose 95 pounds before you have lost the first one!

Also know that exercise helps and improves life not just by inches lost or weight lost but with improvement in general health.... Depression and anxiety can be improved or elminated all together... that is truly the most wonderful by product of exercise.... BETTER HEALTH..

Again, I wish you much joy in embracing your health.... Believe....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: