Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!! My First Solo Trip!

So I have never done a pre-trip or a trip report before. I mean I have tripped before, down (and up, which is actually more embarrassing in my humble opinion) stairs, off of curbs. Some of those may have been after partaking in lovely alcoholic beverages, but thatís neither here nor there. So Iím going to just take the plunge and give this a whirl.

Wow, a whole paragraph and I havenít even introduced the cast. This should be easy, as itís just ME going. Took me forever to work up the nerve, but I finally did it.

So who am I? Hmm, letís see if I can make this brief. I shall be your guide for this journey through my trip.

ME- Traci, 25 years of age. I currently reside in southern Florida, which makes me 3 hours away from the World. I am a first year med student. Unfortunately, some things happened last year during my real first year and I am currently retaking a class. Itís under my own choice. If you are Greyís Anatomy fans, you may liken me to George. One advantage of taking only one class is that I have a lot more free time on my hands. Which is why I can partake in this trip. Oh and I am a lush. If you need explanation, please see above.

Other things I like are sushi, margaritas,

Dave Matthews Band, and the Mets. Luckily in the last month, I have been able to enjoy all 4 of my favorite things.

Oh, and I love reality shows. Any and all of them. Top Chef, Real World, The Hills ( because inside I am a teenage girl).

Next post- When exactly are you going? And are you actually going by yourself?

Oh and there will be pictures in which I am not drinking, I promise! Those pictures just make me laugh

Last edited by IloveDMB; 10-20-2007 at 05:00 PM. Reason: trying to fix pictures because they are way too big
Old 10-20-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Okay, so on to planning. Being a Florida resident and a passholder gives me a little bit of freedom about when to go.

Iíve already been twice this year. I went in January with some of my girlfriends. We booked way too late and ended up staying in the Hilton at DTD. While it was a very nice hotel, I feel the bus service was a little lacking. If I couldnít stay onsite though, I wouldnít hesitate to stay there again. I went with 2 people who had never been before, which is always fun. We had a good time (with only 1 fight) but unfortunately our vacation was cut short when my friend woke up one morning with a violent stomach bug. Poor girl couldnít even leave the bathroom. So we had to pack up and get her home as soon as she was able to move.

I then went in May with my little sister. She was so excited when I moved to Florida. She knew how much closer I was to the World, and how that would work to her benefit. So she flew down to me and then we drove up. We had a great stay at Pop, though we were a little creeped out by our view of the ďunfinished years.Ē We are trying to turn this into an annual trip, and we are aiming for December hopefully.

So that brings me to this trip. I thought about going last month, but the only good rates I could get were for before the Food and Wine Fest began. That was not good for me, as I love me some food and some wine. So I decided to postpone. Then I looked at my schedule and saw that I had a week off. I could go anywhere from the 18th to the 25th. So I started calling CRO and annoying them about checking rates. Being on my own, I could only afford the values, but I wasnít picky about which one.

So yesterday morning, I called. I spoke with one agent and she said no room at the value inns. I went online and started checking other sites. I found availability at All Star Music on one site. I almost booked but I figured Iíd call CRO one last time. And Iím so glad I did! I got the most wonderful agent (Ellie!!) and she got me a room at Music for 3 nights with some sort of dining deal, all at the passholder rate!

So to recap: When did I book? Yesterday

When am I leaving? TOMORROW!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Okay, for some reason my pics aren't showing up. Can someone guide me on how to post them?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

Hey from another METS fan...and also a resident of South Florida (Plantation) oh a grad student too at NOVA.

Isn't great being so close...we are going Nov 26th.
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 10-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #5
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avivasmom View Post
Hey from another METS fan...and also a resident of South Florida (Plantation) oh a grad student too at NOVA.

Isn't great being so close...we are going Nov 26th.
Thanks for reading!!!

It is great being so close. I'm pretty excited but right now I'm getting a little nervous about going it alone. Hopefully the 3 hour drive will calm my fears a little.

How bout those Mets? I think I was in shock for about a week after the season ended.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:21 PM   #6
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How bout those Mets? I think I was in shock for about a week after the season ended.
It was very depressing...love how you plan..at the last minute.

Where are you going to school?
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009

Upcoming:
Old 10-20-2007, 04:46 PM   #7
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was very depressing...love how you plan..at the last minute.

Where are you going to school?

I'm also at NSU, in the D.O. program. What program are you in?
Old 10-20-2007, 05:06 PM   #8
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm also at NSU, in the D.O. program. What program are you in?
I am almost done with my Master's in Exceptional Student Education and also going for my endorsement in Autism.

How do you like it here? I am originally from Long Island.

Upcoming:
Old 10-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #9
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

So I'm almost done packing. Going to head to the gym one last time before I enjoy myself at the F & W Fest!!!

Finally gave in and bought myself a Sunpass. I was debating because in NJ we don't have to pay for the little box but for some reason in Florida it costs $25. I'm hoping to make that up in the savings on the drive to Orlando plus it's so much more convenient not to deal with stopping at tolls on the way.

I've got my Mickey Crocs packed. These are my feet in my sister red Crocs. I can not remember why we switched that day, but I think it had something to do with my pink ones matching her outfit better.

Hmm, I'm trying to decide whether to set the alarm and get up as early as possible or go with the flow and see what time I naturally wake up. Any opinions?

I've also packed all my notes.

I think I am going to carry them in my bag to go over when I'm waiting in line or eating, so I don't look too lonely. I'm packing my iPod for the same reasons, though I hope I won't have to use it.

All right off to the gym and errands. Be back later!
Old 10-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #10
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

What a good student you are bringing your notes with you. I have my crocs ready to go.

The Sun Pass is great for the Turnpike...and is good on Osceola PKWY too.

Upcoming:
Old 10-20-2007, 07:34 PM   #11
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am almost done with my Master's in Exceptional Student Education and also going for my endorsement in Autism.

How do you like it here? I am originally from Long Island.
I like living in Florida, I'm not so sure I like this area that much. I don't know if I can see myself living here for the rest of my life, though. If I do stay in Florida, I'd like to check out the Boca area or the West Coast. Otherwise, New York City!

All right, I'm all done packing (I think). I'm still nervous but I've received some votes of confidence from my brother. I think I am just going to play it by ear, and get up when I'm ready. Hopefully, I'll be out of the house by 10:00 am.

I'll probably be on one more time tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for reading!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:24 PM   #12
going2disney
Mouseketeer

Hi there-

I came across your pre-trippie while looking for another report by noticing your user name!

I was so excited to find someone else who loves Disney and Dave Matthews Band, oh and Margaritas, on the Disboards!

On here I'm going2disney, on all other boards I'm DMBcrush. Anywho I hope you're having a great trip and enjoying many Margaritas! I'll watch for your report once you get back!

Steph
Old 10-24-2007, 09:02 AM   #13
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Hi guys! I'm back! I ended up coming home a day early, which I'll talk about later in the report.

I'm going to start working on my report later and it might take me awhile. I have that dang test next week and my parents are coming in, but I'll post as I can.

Be back soon.

(oh and the margaritas are still delicious!)
Old 11-12-2007, 09:09 PM   #14
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Hey from another Jerseyite!!! (now living in Upstate NY!!!)

Serious Mets fan and yes, I think I accept their apology...maybe...

Isn't going to Disney alone just GREAT????

I've done it several times and can't wait to do it again!!!

Keep reporting - good so far - and yes, I LOVE MARGARITAS!!!

(try the Stawberry one at Capt Jacks at DTD next time you go...it's LETHAL!!!)

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 12-06-2007, 06:42 PM   #15
snowbell
DIS Veteran

Jumping onto your report. Joe and I are Mets fans (I am a still a Yankees Fan at heart since I went to school at Fordham which is in the Bronx)

I feel ya with the margheritas... absolutely love them.. Kee it coming!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: