Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #46
kmvand1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Saw Evander Hollyfield in Epcot, he even got chosen to be the King in the street players skit in the UK. Also saw Daryl Strawberry at YC.
How funny! We saw Darryl Strawberry last December under the sorcerer's hat at MGM, my husband and son noticed him right away! I think he lives somewhere in Florida?
kmvand1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:59 PM   #47
Lorikr65
Lorikr65

We saw Raven Symone Dec of 2004. She was part of the Xmas day parade. After the taping we saw her walking to a meet and greet with a CM. She stopped and signed an autograph for my daughter and took a few pics. She was very nice.
2002 - All Star Movies
2003 - All Star Music
2004 - Pop Century
2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Sports
2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort

I've been blessed!!
Lorikr65 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #48
Mary626
DIS Veteran

I've seen Scotty Pippen while eating at Alfredo's.. I saw "siskel & Ebert" back in '96 (they were filming something in the park), and the family from "step by step", they were also filming something, oh and Barry Corbin, from "northern exposure" and "one tree hill"

Proposed to at the Blue Bayou in Disneyland CA
Had my fairy tale Wedding at WDW 4/24/06!!
Fantasmic Dessert Party, Ceremony: EPCOT - Italy isola, Reception: Ariel's at the Y&B club
Mary626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #49
piratelady
are we there yet?

Too busy

I could literally run into Johnny Depp and not know it, I am too busy trying to have fun in the world to care who else is there. Of course if Cpt Jack himself ran into me, I might notice a bit, but otherwise I am just too Disney high to notice anyone else!
piratelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #50
Mousema
DIS Veteran

I saw Maureen McCormick at MGM. I was on a Disney Cruise with Aaron Carter.

Mousema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:55 PM   #51
jenn-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratelady View Post
I could literally run into Johnny Depp and not know it, I am too busy trying to have fun in the world to care who else is there. Of course if Cpt Jack himself ran into me, I might notice a bit, but otherwise I am just too Disney high to notice anyone else!
I am with you on this one. Unless I was standing in line for a ride for a while right behind them, I probably wouldn't notice them. The ones I might see from a distance, I would assume they just looked like whoever they are (unless of course there are a ton of people crowded around).

jenn- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #52
bethifoody
Mouseketeer

Back in the day...

When I was a CM in monorails (around '90), I saw Dana Carvey (from Sat. Night Live - the Church Lady days!) & also Geddy Lee from Rush. Oh, Joe Namath rode in my front cab one night, too. (Can you tell who I was more impressed by?!)
Old 07-16-2007, 05:24 PM   #53
FancyBrat
Mouseketeer

It's amazing that more often then not you won't notice them in person. Sunglasses and hats or just playing down their appearance they will just blend in. I've seen and heard of a few that have done that.

1/27/10 - 2/10/10 Disney Honeymoon
FancyBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:30 PM   #54
Aye Sea Turtles
Tag, schmag humph.. how rude! *~*SPF*~*
I can't stand "noisy swallowing."
another schmagy tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyBrat View Post
It's amazing that more often then not you won't notice them in person. Sunglasses and hats or just playing down their appearance they will just blend in. I've seen and heard of a few that have done that.
Agreed, and it would be hard to recognize many of them without makeup on (yes even the men)!

I've never seen a celeb in all of my trips to WDW but then again, I've never looked. Like a PP said, I'm usually too busy taking in all the wonders of the World!
Old 07-16-2007, 06:59 PM   #55
CJ
DIS Veteran

We've been lucky..

Our first trip we were at the Hoop Dee Doo with Princess Diana and her sons. William (10 at the time) actually participated in the show.

We saw Brittany Spears and Joey Mcintire (but that was a publicity thing)
our 2nd trip

A few years ago my kids with their significant others met Rob and Amber from Survivor and the Amazing Race (huge to me which is silly, but they were my favorite!) and we have a great picture of my daughter with the two of them.

Our last trip, my DD and I saw George Lucas at Beaches & Cream with his family and she talked to him briefly.

DD & I will be back in September, here's hoping?!...
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #56
momof2disprincesses
I love my INCREDIBLE family!!!

Location: Appleton, WI (most of the year). AKV is our "new" home!

We were just there this past April the week of Easter and when we came out of the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, we saw Brad Garret and his son taking pictures with Monsters Inc. characters. There was a bunch of security with them and everyone was told to stay back, but we were able to take pictures and Brad was waving at everyone and saying "hi" and "Happy Easter."
34 trips...SO FAR! June 1989-Honeymoon! August 2002-CBR & Disney Wonder!! October 2003-offsite October 2004-offsite August 2005-1st FREE dining & WL Jan. 2006-WDW, 2nd Disney cruise & Nick Hotel! May 2006-POP adults only Aug. 2006-POP & 2nd FREE dining! Christmas 2006-POFQ April 2007-Easter at Pop Aug. 2007-3rd Free dining at Pop Sept. 2007-first trip to Disneyland! Feb. 2008- Beach Club, DCL & Pop ~ joined DVC! Sept. 2008 - 4th FREE dining! - POFQ Oct. 2008 - SSR & MNSSHP! Christmas 2008 - All Star Sports & FREE dining! June 2009 - Kidani Village for our 20th anniversary July 4th, 2009 at Pop!Aug. 09 - Pop again! Sept. 2009 - POFQ and 6th FREE dining Halloween 2009 at Kidani June 2010 Kidani for 2 graduations & a marriage proposal.Free dining & Halloween at Pop CenturyChristmas and New Year's 2010 - BCV & AKV Spring break 2011 at Old Key West June 2011 Celebrating 22 years of marriage at Kidani Halloween 2011 at POFQ with FREE dining for the 8th time Disney Cruise on the Dream April 2012 July 2012 at Kidani & Cocoa Beach Kidani & Jambo house club level Christmas 2012 Spring break 2013 offsite Celebrating 24 years of Happily Ever After at OKWChristmas/New Years 2013 with free dining at Coronado SpringsJune 2014 - Beach Club and Disney Fantasy!

UPCOMING:
10 nights celebrating our empty nest at Kidani!
momof2disprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #57
mmiller711
Mouseketeer

Unless they came up and shook my hand and said "Hi, my name is..." I prob wouldn't even notice! I am sooooo into looking for Mickey, Minnie and the gang and watching my own children (in the past) and now grandchildren.
mmiller711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #58
Mrs. D
Do YOU have your own Minnie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorikr65 View Post
We saw Raven Symone Dec of 2004. She was part of the Xmas day parade. After the taping we saw her walking to a meet and greet with a CM. She stopped and signed an autograph for my daughter and took a few pics. She was very nice.

Lord, my kid's would go BANANA'S!! My 4 y.o. thinks she IS Raven or a Cheetah Girl...."Mommy we're Cheetah girls, riiiiight????"
Old 07-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #59
anb23710
Earning My Ears

Funny, someone mentioned Scottie Pippen. Back on June 1st, after waiting quite a while to see the princesses, we see an exit door open right across from us. In walks a CM with a family. I remember wondering why they were coming in the exit and just passed it off that they were probably the Cinderella Suite winners or something. Then my husband, a huge basketball fan, shouts, "That's Scottie Pippen!" We stayed at Disney 8 nights and never once won a dream, but seeing Scottie Pippen was enough for my husband!
1987-offsite w/parents~1994-offsite~1995-offsite~2000-Shades of Green~2001-CR~2002-ASMo~2004-Shades of Green~2006-POR+WL(March)~2006-4 night Disney Wonder(May)~2006-Shades of Green(May)~2006-Yacht Club(Sept)~2006-ASM Suites(Oct)~2007-CSR(May/June)~2008-Polynesian(June)

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/bszvx4mxcl5oiexn.png[/img]
anb23710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:05 PM   #60
EvanMaddieMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laugh O. Grams View Post
Just a couple weeks ago, while at Epcot during the 4th of July holiday week, I saw Joan Rivers walking through Future World with, what I assumed to be, her granddaughters.
We had to have been there at the same time, because we rode on the same Jungle Cruise boat as Joan Rivers and her grandson, and what we assumed was the nanny (it certainly wasn't Melissa!) Being the Michigan hicks that we are, we most definitely took a few paparazzi shots. (We also saw her the next day at Test Track)

Oddly, a few days prior, as we were waiting to ride Dumbo, we looked up and saw this stunningly beautiful woman on the ride with her daughter:

(It's Vanessa Williams, in case you can't recognize her)

We have never seen a celebrity, until this trip when we saw 2 within a few days. Oh, and we also saw a female that we recognized as a criminal being arrested on COPS walking around Epcot! Hilarious! DH wanted to follow her. I said, Oh no, the way she was on that show, I just know something bad would happen. She was very, very recognizable, an unforgettable face.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: