Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2007, 06:57 AM   #16
Uncle Albert
"I love to laugh"

Hi

My wife and I saw Donny Osmond at the CR in the lobby. He walked past us and spoke. He was very nice and of course, smiled. He was carrying his own luggage and he got into a plain mini van full of kids.

Uncle Albert
Old 07-14-2007, 07:01 AM   #17
RedSox1974
Mouseketeer

In 2005 at the Magic Kingdom in Liberty Square we saw NFL player Kurt Warner. He was with his family being "a regular dad" so we did not appraoch him.

This was during ESPN, the weekend, so we were also "on the lookout" for celebrities.

Go Sox!!
RedSox1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2007, 07:09 AM   #18
scourtneyb
Earning My Ears

Ok, so it wasn't me who saw these people...but when my sister was a CM @ POTC she saw:
John Stamos
Lance Bass
Jeff Foxworthy and family

I saw a lady that does some show on the travel channel, but I can't remember for the life of me what her name was!
scourtneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:31 AM   #19
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

We saw Dick Clark & his wife at Spoodles when we were dining there a few years ago. We saw Cameron Diaz & Justin Timberlake at MGM several times one afternoon. We have also seen a number of ESPN newscasters and athletes...my sons & husband notice them of course!
Old 07-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #20
sTINKS
Mouseketeer

hmmmm.......Mickey Mouse? Sorry, couldn't resist. After all, is there really anyone that would be more important to see at WDW than the Mouse?!
sTINKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #21
BlindTyldak
WoW-geek

Tom Hanks - very, very, very far away - at MGM, when they were filming "From Earth to the Moon" there. I don't believe he was "on the clock" though, as he was walking toward Star Tours. XD

BT DH DD7

09/97 CSR,12/98 CSR,10/04 ASMovies MG,11/06 POR, 11/10 Pop for 14-day trip!
BlindTyldak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:53 AM   #22
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

When we were there on our honeymoon in 1994 we saw the Backstreet Boys. They were on the street on Pleasure Island during the day and everyone walked right past them. Couldn't even get a toddler to stop and dance! HAhahaha! Makes me laugh when I think about how big they got after that.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:41 PM   #23
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

Britney, Justin & Christina- (while they were mousekteers) Ed McMahn James Earl Jones, Christie Brinkley, Siskel and Ebert, Vanna White & Pat Sajack, Bono, David Faustino (Bud from Married w/ Children). Lots of athletes at ESPN weekend. I know we have seen more but I can't remember
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
acourtwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:20 PM   #24
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Cary Grant (he narrated the year our HS did the Candelight Proc.), Fess Parker @ MGM, got to see Regis & Kelly when we got tickets to their taping @ MGM - DD got a hug for her crazy hat - Shakira and I think it was Kool & the Gang peforming right in front of us @ Live with Regis & Kelly.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:29 PM   #25
WDWSuperFan
Mouseketeer

Last year while we were there in November, we saw David Robinson from the San Antonio Spurs. He was with a large group of people. We saw them at the AK. My husband recognized him right away.
WDWSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #26
StarCheryl
Earning My Ears

I saw Conan in MK!
StarCheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #27
Maria395712
DIS cast member/DIS vet/DVC member

always at the BWV we see someone
whitney houston, pat sajak at xmas many NFL and basketball players, john tesch and his wife connie selica is that the right spelling at MGM ,BWV duran duran, eric estrada,on NYE at mgm what is tim the toolman's real name? my DD said tim allen yup that's it couldn't remember

Last edited by Maria395712; 07-14-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Maria395712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:09 PM   #28
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Saw Evander Hollyfield in Epcot, he even got chosen to be the King in the street players skit in the UK. Also saw Daryl Strawberry at YC.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:37 PM   #29
WDW_Fanatic
Earning My Ears

When I was there last month, I saw Uma Thurman!

I was waiting in line at the Jungle Cruise with some friends, and when we were walking down the final row of the queue before boarding, a saw a boat go by full of people. It was mostly children and only a few adults. I turned to one of my friends (who happens to be a big movie buff) and said, "Hey! Doesn't that lady in that boat look like Uma Thurman?" He said he didn't know, and we both shrugged and waited to get on the next boat.

Well, I didn't think about it at all until about a week ago, when I was leafing through a magazine that was lying in my house. It was either People or Star, but in the first section they show pictures of celebrities at various places and events.

Well, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a picture of Uma Thurman with Minnie. In the caption, it mentioned that she was visiting the MK the same day I was there, and she was wearing the same outfit as the lady I saw in the Jungle Cruise boat. I was flabbergasted! I couldn't believe I had finally seen a celebrity at Disney World!

That's the only celebrity I've seen so far in the World. I hope I'll see many more in the future!
WDW_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:05 PM   #30
MsTinkerChele
Disney...Where Magic Lives

Samantha Brown?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scourtneyb View Post
Ok, so it wasn't me who saw these people...but when my sister was a CM @ POTC she saw:
John Stamos
Lance Bass
Jeff Foxworthy and family

I saw a lady that does some show on the travel channel, but I can't remember for the life of me what her name was!
MsTinkerChele is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: