Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #1036
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

I bought a bra with cute straps that look like another tank underneath,kind of shows on purpose.... most people think I have a bathing suit under my tank..... Walmart sells cute ones for about 6.00
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #1037
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manlscott

What a GREAT idea! Definitely going to check them out!
Me too! I'm going to buy a pair at Dicks Sporting Goods this week. We are going to Paris this month and I need something a little less American if you KWIM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #1038
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

I do not remember if I posted on this thread a while back or not.

I am 5"4" and 226#, so a size 20-22. For those ladies with me and the ones who aren't these are the items I use on a daily basis especially at Disney.

I always use FDS, then I powder under all folds with Sween Microguard Powder--I get it at Sween Store online and pay no shipping, it contains 2% miconozole for rashes due to sweat and heat. Then an absolute must have are....bra liners.

You can get a package of three cotton bra liners online in different lengths. They wash well and last forever. I have about 20 and use them every single day regardless. THe package is usually $9-10. I got the last ones of the Walter Drake website. I have also used them with the powder under my abdominal fold if I am itchy. My panties hold them in place and you cannot tell I am wearing them under a bra or elsewhere.

It has taken me a while to figure out my daily routine but it has proven to be very effective.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #1039
ahilly
Mouseketeer

Unhappy golf skorts...

saw these mentioned a few times in this thread and I would have to agree. I just bought the Nike no sew knit skort for the golf course pro shop. Love, love, love it! It has a yoga pant type waistband and built in compression shorts. Got it in black and have been looking for another color and found it in a lime green color at h2discountgolf.com, reminds me of the Dis member color(for those who remember when it was cool to wear/display something lime green!). Ordering that one today for our vacation in 3 weeks!!!

Glad I found this thread, thanks ladies!
Disney day trip & Sanibel Island 09/2003 (me, DH & DD-her first trip!)
POP 05/2004 (me, DH, DD, MIL & FIL) & 10/2004 MNSSHP (me, DH, DD & DM)
POP 08/2006 (me, DH, MIL, DD & DS-his first trip!)
Yacht Club Concierge level 11/2007 (me, DH, DD, DS & DM)
POR Alligator Bayou 08/2012 (me, DH, DD, DS & DM)
ahilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #1040
Catira
DIS Veteran

I tried the Monkey's Butt chafing powder today while out doing some shopping at the garden center. It does not work as well as monistat's ant-chafing gel. It was 100 degrees today, early in the day.

Where do you all but moisture wicking undies? What brand?

Thanks
Old 08-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #1041
cagedzebra2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddyLu View Post
I am a pooh sized blonde and these are my daily tricks for creases and cracks

I use a product called Microguard daily. It is a powder sold at the online Sween Store. It contains 2% miconozole antifungal. There is free shipping when you purchase from the website. I powder under my folds every day--then I ALWAYS wear a bra liner.

These are a true Godsend for anyone well endowed. You can purchase them for $10 (set of 3) on the Walter Drake Website. They lay under your breast inside your bra and come in different lengths. I probably have 20 of them and wash them after use and they last forever. They are a good thickness and made of soft white cotton.

For dry feet/heels the best cream I have ever used is called Altrac-Tain. It is also sold at the Sweem store and contains 10% urea and 4% AHA (whatever that is). The Urea helps to soften and lossen dry skin. Within two weeks my crusty feet were as soft as a baby's butt. My Mother uses it now, SIL, Mom's friend and the girls in the clinic wear I work. They love it. I use a lima bean sized portion to both feet in the morning before putting on socks. I work in tennis shoes. I rub the cream in well.

Since using these products I have had NO skin tears in my folds (which can be very painful) and no odor or rashes which can happen to me in a heartbeat in the heat.

We live in the most humid area of the country. Mississippi Gulf Coast so these products are tried and true. Hope they help someone.
Dear Toddylu, cant wait to try that Microguard, I know about those tears in the skin, Thanks a bunch
cagedzebra2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #1042
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I hate to have my bra straps show so I use those bra clip thingies. They work well & I don't even notice I'm wearing them.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #1043
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

I love the Lush products as well!!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 08-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #1044
corgi_monster
DIS Veteran

Adding a couple packets of sugar to your face or body wash creates a quick, easy scrub if you just need a quick polishing.
March 2014 - Paris Disneyland Resort, Sept 2012 - Tokyo Disney Resort, Jan '12 - WDW, July '10 Disneyland, May '10 Tokyo Disney Resort, Aug '09 - Disneyland, June '08 Disneyland, Dec '07 - WDW, Sept '07 - WDW, Jan '07 - Disneyland, Sept. '06 - WDW Feb. '06 - Disneyland, Sept. '05 - Hong Kong DL, and many, many prior trips to DL!
corgi_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #1045
StacyMarie
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping somebody on this thread has used Luvees panty coveralls. I'm concerned about the length of these as I am quite short. Does anybody out there have these and can you tell me how true to size they are and how long they are in the thigh area. I like the looks of the longer ones (brown and pink) but I'm concerned about the length and of course I can't find anything on their website that has to do with a size chart. Thanks for any info!!!!

Stacy Jay Natalee Sydnee
Disney's Pop Century August 2012 August 2011 Pop Century Disney's Polynesian August 2010 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort August 2009 Grand Floridian - October 1997
StacyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #1046
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyMarie View Post
I'm hoping somebody on this thread has used Luvees panty coveralls. I'm concerned about the length of these as I am quite short. Does anybody out there have these and can you tell me how true to size they are and how long they are in the thigh area. I like the looks of the longer ones (brown and pink) but I'm concerned about the length and of course I can't find anything on their website that has to do with a size chart. Thanks for any info!!!!
They look really nice and comfortable.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #1047
StacyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
They look really nice and comfortable.
I've read great reviews and even some other DISers have used them, but I can't find any info regarding size chart. Hopefully, somebody can fill me in on the size. I would like to order a couple pair for our upcoming trip in 2 weeks to wear under my sundresses.

Stacy Jay Natalee Sydnee
Disney's Pop Century August 2012 August 2011 Pop Century Disney's Polynesian August 2010 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort August 2009 Grand Floridian - October 1997
StacyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #1048
Stefjp
Mouseketeer

Hey guys. I'm travelling from the UK and read that my hair straighteners won't work in the States due to the differing strength of electricity. Is this true? Also, am I wasting my time packing them anyway, what with the humidity? Will I be wasting my time trying to keep my curly hair straight? Thanks!!!
Stefjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #1049
klineyqueen
I live in the country where nothing much happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefjp
Hey guys. I'm travelling from the UK and read that my hair straighteners won't work in the States due to the differing strength of electricity. Is this true? Also, am I wasting my time packing them anyway, what with the humidity? Will I be wasting my time trying to keep my curly hair straight? Thanks!!!
There are different ends to your appliances than ours and you would need a converter to use yours here. That being said, I am traveling home today from an 11 day stay and I can't imagine straightening my hair. It has been so hot and humid!!!! Frizzy hair city!!!

1991 - offsite w/ parents 1991 - offsite w/ band 1995 - ASMu 2002 - Caribbean Beach and 3 day Wonder 1/17/04 - Western Cruise-Magic 12/04 - Christmas in Disney8/05 - Pop Century 12/06- Double Dip Magic Cruise w/ POP & ASMu 6/07- Celebrated Mom's 50th Birthday - ASMo Trip for Free Meal Plan 8/07 - POP 6/09 - 12 days at POP8/12 Pop11/13 Fantastic Fantasy
klineyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #1050
scarlet_ibis
"GET UP AND GET ON THE BUS!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by klineyqueen View Post
There are different ends to your appliances than ours and you would need a converter to use yours here. That being said, I am traveling home today from an 11 day stay and I can't imagine straightening my hair. It has been so hot and humid!!!! Frizzy hair city!!!
Yes, you'd need a converter. We have them for heading to Europe, so I imagine they make them in reverse. I don't know what good a straightener would actually do, though!

I live in Seattle, where it drizzles a lot, and I use Aveda straightening products on a daily basis. They have a kit that keeps the frizzies under control. I don't know if you can get that there. Also, Kenra 25 hairspray holds well in humidity.
Off-property trips circa 1999, 1991, 1981
scarlet_ibis is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: