Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #976
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansyr2514 View Post
Ok..had to share...
I found a great hair product for frizz. I just started using WEN products. A friend of mine gave me some to try first and I fell in love with it. I have fine wavy hair that automatically frizzes in any humidity. I used this stuff and no frizz...none! I got mine on QVC. It's a bit pricey but it's literally the only product I need except maybe a shot of hairspray to keep my bangs out of my face.
Someone told me Sally sells a similar product called hair one..but I haven't tried it yet. I'm going to give it a shot though because it's much less expensive.
agree and Hair one is CRAP compared to wen.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #977
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I looked for this at our local store, and couldn't find it. Is it usually over by the "Aunt Flo" stuff, or buy the "let's get ready to have fun" stuff? Or somewhere else?
It is buy the yeast infection stuff..It actually can blend in with the other Monistat products
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #978
JeanetteK
Mouseketeer

Okay ladies, just read all 66 pages of this. My "tips" are not necessarily related to Disney, just every-day living. I am well endowed, so I use the deodorant under the girls all time. I have also started using Gold Bond Medicated powder. Works very well to absorb perspiration. Under breasts, between legs, in the bikini area (leg holes of undies). Much better than plain baby powder because if you are already chafed, the medicated helps soothe and heal.

Cacique bras (Lane Bryant) are the most comfortable bras in the world. I can't wear underwire, but they have wonderfully supportive non-wire bras.

I am a natural blonde and last year while visiting an amusement park here at home, my scalp burned terribly. Once it started peeling, I had huge flakes of skin coming off and it looked like the worse case of dandruf ever. So, for me a hat is essential. Only problem is, I love wearing ballcaps, but get bad hat hair. Impossible to wear a ball cap and then take it off later and look decent. I'm thinking of maybe a fishing hat or sun hat. But I know a hat is a definite for me. No way about it. If you have a suggestion for a great hat, please let me know.

I also have to use a lip balm with SPF. I had sun poisoning once so bad from burnt lips that the blisters I got went from my lips all the way down my chin. Not fun and really gross to look at. So another absolute must -- remember to reapply constantly.

I'm going to try the deodorant + gold bond powder on the thighs to prevent chafing. Hope that helps, although I generally wear capri pants.

I have the Mirena IUD. I have no children, I just wish I knew it was going to hurt so bad when they implanted it. I was not informed very well by my doctor's office. Anyway -- my periods are generally VERY light. Usually one spot and done - literally. However, January 1 I started -- went 5 days. Then Jan. 26 started again - another 5 days. I honestly went 4 or 5 months without a period, so maybe it was just making up for that. Hoping I'm done with periods for a while. LOL.

You all have provided GREAT tips! Keep them coming!
JeanetteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #979
RoyalMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
i find that my upper thighs start to get irratated if i wear a skirt.

I am not a large woman either and they tend to rub toegther after awhile, i would not wear a skirt to disney for long periods of time.
I love to wear skirts - and i have that problem too - so the answer , for me, has been bike shorts. especially the spandexy-slippery kind. no friction, legs can remain mostly bare and cool.

DH Me DD8 DD6 DS3
RoyalMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #980
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Bump Bump Bump

Trinity524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #981
ZombieDoofus
Earning My Ears

I love this thread!
I read all 66 pages and I'm looking forward to trying out some of these tips in October.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #982
Jessica313
Earning My Ears

I read all 66 pages and can't wait to use some of these great ideas for my trip in May.
Jessica313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #983
disneyweddingoct2013
Earning My Ears

Can I just say this thread is amazing. Thank you so much for all your tips and tricks while traveling. Can't wait to use these while traveling overseas and at WDW.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #984
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

I am a pooh sized blonde and these are my daily tricks for creases and cracks

I use a product called Microguard daily. It is a powder sold at the online Sween Store. It contains 2% miconozole antifungal. There is free shipping when you purchase from the website. I powder under my folds every day--then I ALWAYS wear a bra liner.

These are a true Godsend for anyone well endowed. You can purchase them for $10 (set of 3) on the Walter Drake Website. They lay under your breast inside your bra and come in different lengths. I probably have 20 of them and wash them after use and they last forever. They are a good thickness and made of soft white cotton.

For dry feet/heels the best cream I have ever used is called Altrac-Tain. It is also sold at the Sweem store and contains 10% urea and 4% AHA (whatever that is). The Urea helps to soften and lossen dry skin. Within two weeks my crusty feet were as soft as a baby's butt. My Mother uses it now, SIL, Mom's friend and the girls in the clinic wear I work. They love it. I use a lima bean sized portion to both feet in the morning before putting on socks. I work in tennis shoes. I rub the cream in well.

Since using these products I have had NO skin tears in my folds (which can be very painful) and no odor or rashes which can happen to me in a heartbeat in the heat.

We live in the most humid area of the country. Mississippi Gulf Coast so these products are tried and true. Hope they help someone.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:55 AM   #985
gary2411

Vacation Tips for Women

It's a fact that women need to travel with a little special care; horror stories do exist and women, taught to have a care in life in general, can toss cares to the wind on vacation (like all travelers can) and lose that finely tuned caution edge that they keep honed on their own city streets.

Thieves often perceive females as easier targets for theft than men. After all, aren't they the weaker sex? (Not!) The most obvious solution is sticking to the safer parts of town, but you'll certainly miss adventure if you do.

Some thieves prefer crowded areas - stay alert in places like bus stations and during street celebrations, where you're likely to be jostled -- thieves use these circumstances to grab your stuff.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:12 AM   #986
EsmeCullen
Mouseketeer

Anyone know if they make sunblock for your hair? My scalp burns and I hate hats! Is there a spray or something?
WDW MK 1984, WDW Epcot 1985, WDW MK 1988, WDW EPCOT 1991, WDW MGM EPCOT MGM 1992, DL 1996 Magic Music Days, DL 2000 gradnite, DL 2001 for DCA opening-GC Hotel, DL DCA 2004, DL DCA 2005, DL 2006, DL DCA 2008, WDW EPCOT 2009, WDW ALL PARKS 2011, WDW MK HS 2012, DL DCA 2013
EsmeCullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:40 AM   #987
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsmeCullen View Post
Anyone know if they make sunblock for your hair? My scalp burns and I hate hats! Is there a spray or something?
There are lots! Just do a search for scalp or hair sunscreen. Here's a few:

http://www.amazon.com/Redken-Color-E...1977304&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Quintessence-Q...977384&sr=1-10

http://www.amazon.com/Bald-Guyz-Suns...1977444&sr=1-8

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Blanket-S...977502&sr=1-17

http://www.amazon.com/Banana-Boat-Qu...1977174&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Nioxin-Scalp-S...1977228&sr=1-3

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Blanket-T...1977264&sr=1-5

Last edited by aubriee; 03-17-2012 at 04:46 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #988
iheartmickey1111
Mouseketeer

This is great for the WHOLE family to avoid sunburn on your scalp: I just use one of those little $1 spray bottles in the travel section from walmart, add a dallop of sunscreen and fill with water. Give it a good shake and you have sunscreen that you can spray on your head! And ladies, it won't make your hair look greasy either! I use this method at the pool, zoo, everywhere- even make the hubby spray his own head.

*1997- Disneyland*5/2009-Late Honeymoon at AKL (Army ruined our first one)*10/2011- Pop for the MK 40th Anniversary Celebration, MNSSHP, first SOLO trip!*4/2012- Coronado Springs*9/2012-Pop, MNSSHP, Wild Africa Trek, Haunted 5k Run
iheartmickey1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #989
iheartmickey1111
Mouseketeer

LOL, i just posted about my DIY Scalp Sunblock and didnt see this post! For DIY, just get a spray bottle and put in a dallop of sunscreen, fill the rest of the way with water. shake it up really good and its ready! I use this all the time and have NEVER gotten a burned scalp again! And its nice and cheap!

*1997- Disneyland*5/2009-Late Honeymoon at AKL (Army ruined our first one)*10/2011- Pop for the MK 40th Anniversary Celebration, MNSSHP, first SOLO trip!*4/2012- Coronado Springs*9/2012-Pop, MNSSHP, Wild Africa Trek, Haunted 5k Run
iheartmickey1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #990
klineyqueen
I live in the country where nothing much happens

This thread is awesome! I can't wait to try out the tips for keeping the girls cool and dry!!! I always hate that, not just when I travel, but on an every day basis!

Thanks everyone!!!

1991 - offsite w/ parents 1991 - offsite w/ band 1995 - ASMu 2002 - Caribbean Beach and 3 day Wonder 1/17/04 - Western Cruise-Magic 12/04 - Christmas in Disney8/05 - Pop Century 12/06- Double Dip Magic Cruise w/ POP & ASMu 6/07- Celebrated Mom's 50th Birthday - ASMo Trip for Free Meal Plan 8/07 - POP 6/09 - 12 days at POP8/12 Pop11/13 Fantastic Fantasy
klineyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: