Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #31
princess@heart
Need a sprinkling of Fairy Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDrifter View Post
oh my gosh I just did my hair like this yesterday!!! Next time I do I will make sure to take a picture. It is really cute and so easy :D
Awesome! Thanks!!!

WDW '95 - off property.....WDW '05 - Polynesian Resort.....WDW '06 - Coronado Springs Resort.....WDW and DCL '07 - Caribbean Beach Resort and Wonder.....DL '07 - Disneyland Hotel.....DL '09 - off property.....WDW '12 - off property.....
WDW Feb '14 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
princess@heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:20 PM   #32
winniethepoohsmom
DIS Veteran

I have a pair of black nylon shorts I wear over my bathing suit on days we go to the water parks, I like a little more coverage when walking around. I also like to wear them around that time of the month with bloating and such, and they dry quickly. I was also thinking about carrying a travel size deod. in my bag in the park to reapply and I would also have it if I had any chubb rub or hot spots on my feet. Linda
winniethepoohsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #33
SamSam

DIS Veteran

I have worn knee length jean and/or khaki skirts while at WDW several times and have found them to be much cooler than shorts or capris. Personally, I've never had a problem with chafing, but I would think that a little powder might help if it's a problem.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:59 AM   #34
BeNJeNWaFFLe
Mouseketeer
I never eat cereal with milk
I'm spastic, I admit it.
Count me in for the pixie haircut
Sloopy Chickendunkin checking in

Here is a very important tip that is for everyone, not just ladies.
-Sunblock. Please...don't forget some of these important areas. The back of your knees. The tops of your feet. The back of your hands. Your ears, all of them. And...your hair line! I have been through the torture before and I don't recommend it for anyone. Also, use a lipgloss/chapstick with spf. Burnt lips also hurt.

-I have a hair sunblock at home that I bought a few years ago. Its a gel and has a tiny bit of hold, which is nice. It helps to protect your scalp and hair from the sun. I believe it was made by Redken. If anyone wants, when I get home I can find out the name of it.

-If you are going to wear makeup, be careful bringing it into the parks. Most makeup spoils in the heat.
(I have never actually worn makeup to the parks. I might this trip because I am so fair skinned I am washed out in all the pictures. So I might put on a little mascara and blush to help. I'll let you know how it goes.)

-My hair is a wavy, frizzy mess. Last trip I showered at night and did my hair in two french braided pigtails. When I woke up I was able to take them out and have slightly neater hair. (Throw into a cute pony tail or up in a jaw clip.) Or, I left the braids in for the day.

-To help tame frizz I use the Biosilk hair serum. It's not greasy, it smells great, and you can use it on your body too! My hair is pretty long and all I need is a dab the size of a nickle.

BeNJeNWaFFLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:21 AM   #35
dameodie
A blue flower from a chink in a wall of ice

Yeah, I hear ya about the hair... I'm going to have to remember to use that trick... on my FIANCEE!! He has longer hair than I do, and it's super curly!! He's let me braid it at night after a shower before, and it does help.
dameodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:35 PM   #36
Moma2
Earning My Ears

Well, I'll go ahead and say it: When it's 'that time of the month', the Always pads with the wipe attached are great when your out and about. If you use tampons then keep some baby wipes with you in your bag. Keep a spare pair of panties in a baggie just in case. Bring Motrin or Pamprin with you to the parks and keep hydrated. Coffee/Coke really helps a PMS headache.
Moma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:27 PM   #37
Jen72386
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNJeNWaFFLe View Post

-I have a hair sunblock at home that I bought a few years ago. Its a gel and has a tiny bit of hold, which is nice. It helps to protect your scalp and hair from the sun. I believe it was made by Redken. If anyone wants, when I get home I can find out the name of it.
i would like to know the name of this product please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNJeNWaFFLe View Post

-To help tame frizz I use the Biosilk hair serum. It's not greasy, it smells great, and you can use it on your body too! My hair is pretty long and all I need is a dab the size of a nickle.

while i know what biosilk is...put it on your body? never heard of this.. what does this do for ya?

Jen72386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:52 PM   #38
gottaluvpooh
Mouseketeer

bump
gottaluvpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #39
eleventhletter
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all these great tips.
I can say with the curly hair and humidity using anti-frizz products layered helps. I use a anti-fizz infusiom conditioner, anti-fizz/curly gel, scrunch spray, and then a curly hair hairspray and I last all day.
I'm going to start the days with my hair down and carry a hat and scrunchy for later if my hair is driving me crazy.
eleventhletter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #40
BeNJeNWaFFLe
Mouseketeer
I never eat cereal with milk
I'm spastic, I admit it.
Count me in for the pixie haircut
Sloopy Chickendunkin checking in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen72386 View Post
i would like to know the name of this product please!!
I got it a few years ago, so you may have to google it . It is from Redken under their Sun Shape line. The name is Moisterizing Sun Jelly. It's in a pale yellow tube with an orange cap.

Quote:
while i know what biosilk is...put it on your body? never heard of this.. what does this do for ya?
The biosilk hair smoothing serum can be used on the body also. I don't because that stuff is expensive, but it could be used like a lotion if you wanted. It doesn't leave you feeling greasy. So after I put it in my hair I rub whatever is left into my hands.

BeNJeNWaFFLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #41
simba&grumpy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousema View Post
I always use Dr Scholl's Peppermint leg cream. I go back to the room for a midday break, wash and apply and do the same at night. It feels sooooooooooo good. It's like a massage for your legs. I've never had tired legs since I started using.
where did you get this leg cream, i have looked everywhere for it. please let me know. thanks
simba&grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #42
foreverprincess
Mouseketeer

I have a small California Innovations tote bag cooler. I plan to put a little ziplock of ice - or use one of those small blueice things if you have a fridge in your room - and I will carry my make-up for evening, a washcloth for freshing up, an extra bandana type neck cooler, and my refillable cup in it. It is small and lightweight so I will carry it like a purse in addition to my daybag. I may store it in a shaded area locker until needed. I like to have a drink in my refillable cup while waiting on the bus and then have it with me to refill on my way to my room at night - saves a little walking.
foreverprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:54 AM   #43
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by simba&grumpy View Post
where did you get this leg cream, i have looked everywhere for it. please let me know. thanks
Wal Mart sells it-- back with the foot stuff, i.e. mole skin, gel insoles, athlete foot and fungus stuff.

Jaffra makes one I like better. They have the peppermint foot soak, peppermint leg mask, and peppermint lotion that all matches. I have a little blow up foot bath that I got several years ago from Avon, that I take to WDW every trip. I like to put a little of the Jaffra peppermint foot soak in it, add some really hot water, soak my feet until the water cools, then apply the peppermint leg mask to my feet and calves, lie back with them covered with a towel for a few minutes, rinse off, then apply the Jaffra peppermint foot cream. Makes your feet feel wonderful, even though the foot mask does get really cold.

In addition to the Body Glide antichafing stick, Body Glide also makes a pain relieving stick that is wonderful for sore backs and feet. It looks just like the Body Glide antichafing stick though, except it has a red cap instead of a gray one. I carry both, but am always afraid I'm going to get the two mixed up and apply the one for sore muscles to areas I mean to apply the antichafing one to. I have a feeling that would not be pleasant.

Last edited by aubriee; 07-13-2007 at 05:04 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:23 AM   #44
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

I don't know if I'm allowed to recommend a company, but here goes:

Because of the rules about liquids in your carry-on luggage on planes, I recommend taking shampoos from Lush!

They make excellent solid shampoos, which cost around $9 for a round bar. The bars last for ages and ages, and you just swipe them on your head. (if you buy 2 shampoo bars, you get a free tin to store one!) They make 2 varieties with conditioner right in the bar, so you don't need to buy separate conditioner, but of course, they sell separate conditioner too, including a solid conditioner.

I always take Lush hair products when travelling, it's so easy to just toss a tin with my shampoo into a bag and not have to worry about leakage!

Lush's big selling point is that the products are all hand-made, cruelty-free, and FRESH!!
duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:58 AM   #45
Pooh_Bear_92
Mouseketeer

People who talk about wearing a skirt!

I wouldn't i found with the heat my legs rubbed so much an it was uncomftorble! stick to shorts they're really cute! and save your legs the rubbing!
DLParis 1997
WDW + Others. 1999
WDW + Others 2000
DLCali 2001
WDW + Others 2002
WDW + Others 2003
WDW + Others 2004
WDW 2006
DLParis 2007
WDW 2007 - First MNNSHP!
DL Hong Kong 2008!!

It's All One Big Disney Party Baybee!