Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #361
reservations4five
wishing on that disney star...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
That's the great thing about this thread!!

CONGRATS on quitting smoking!!!
Thanks!! I really don't even miss it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda View Post
Oh, yay! Girlie thread!

Hello, my name is Manda and I'm a Lush-loving, Diva-Cup-using, Body-Glide worshiping, skirt-wearing, obsessive-compulsive, Disney-traveling girl. How did I not find this thread before?? You people are MY people.
Hello!! to one of my fellow peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
We're perfectly normal!!!!

Everyone else is just a little odd!!!

Yay for the DIS!

Has anyone bought the danskin brand clothes from walmart? the wicking kind? It looks like it is nice, but I need something that will not make me look like an over stuffed sausage.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #362
brock20l
Earning My Ears

I definitely love all things LUSH , as the rest of you seem to!! Unfortunately don't have one in my hometown, but I usually make it to a store 2-3 times a year and get a chance to restock!

I also second the post about Cake dry shampoo -- it's awesome for cleaning up second or third-day hair, and it give great volume too. Unfortunately, I don't have a Sephora at home either (grr! ), so I'm going to have to reorder this stuff from their online store before I go on my trip in Dec.

A tip about packing clothing, as I haven't seen many of those: give your suitcase contents a "theme" -- and no , I don't mean a Disney theme this time! Try to pack outfit pieces that will mix-and-match with each other. If you can pick two or three colours that look great together, you can build a week or two's worth of wardrobe without wearing the same outfit twice! Just pick 6 or 7 tops (all in the same colour scheme/family), 2 or 3 pairs of pants/capris/shorts (ALL of which match with ALL of the tops you packed), a light jacket or two (to change your look a bit and keep warm!), and about 2 pairs of shoes! Some of my favourite colour combos to start with:
- turquoise and brown
- coral and brown
- black and white (classic and easy!)
- navy and white
- black and tan (as easy as black and white, but a bit of an updated look)

and DBF do Disney!!

2011 Eastern Caribbean aboard the Magic
2009/2010 WDW New Years @ POP

brock20l is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #363
Terry36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock20l View Post
I definitely love all things LUSH , as the rest of you seem to!! Unfortunately don't have one in my hometown, but I usually make it to a store 2-3 times a year and get a chance to restock!

A tip about packing clothing, as I haven't seen many of those: give your suitcase contents a "theme" -- and no , I don't mean a Disney theme this time! Try to pack outfit pieces that will mix-and-match with each other. If you can pick two or three colours that look great together, you can build a week or two's worth of wardrobe without wearing the same outfit twice! Just pick 6 or 7 tops (all in the same colour scheme/family), 2 or 3 pairs of pants/capris/shorts (ALL of which match with ALL of the tops you packed), a light jacket or two (to change your look a bit and keep warm!), and about 2 pairs of shoes! Some of my favourite colour combos to start with:
- turquoise and brown
- coral and brown
- navy and white
Thanks for the ideas of the with the clothing.

Now can you please tell me which are your fav. LUSH products.
Terry36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #364
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

Wink

Quote:

I also second the post about Cake dry shampoo -- it's awesome for cleaning up second or third-day hair, and it give great volume too. Unfortunately, I don't have a Sephora at home either (grr! ), so I'm going to have to reorder this stuff from their online store before I go on my trip in Dec.

- turquoise and brown
- coral and brown
- navy and white
LOVEEEE the tips!! Like to shop but knowing WHAT to look for instead of standing in the middle of the aisles of Kohl's feeling like an idiot, helps.

Someone else wrote about cool cotton tunics instead of t's, does anyone have links? I'd totally appreciate some ideas! The links to the good stuff - clothes, flip flops, Vera bags, etc., make my day!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #365
lucyanner
Earning My Ears

Being from Memphis, I know heat/humidity and hair don't mix well. Best advice, long hair-pull it back, use a hat if possible to add shielding for face from the sun. Don't forget to sunscreen the top of your ears. Mid-length hair-use an elastic head band. It can look dressy, but still keep stringy, sweaty hair from sticking to your face. This is my only option with a short bob that tends to frizz and curl around my face in the heat. There are also some products that can help like frizz-ease.
lucyanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:20 AM   #366
Glendamax
LOVES Old English Roses china at the Grand Floridian!

Quote:
- turquoise and brown
- coral and brown
- navy and white
My trip is about 2 weeks away, so I'm gonna try this. BUT since I may need some help, how bout YOU pack for me!
Glendamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #367
brock20l
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendamax View Post
My trip is about 2 weeks away, so I'm gonna try this. BUT since I may need some help, how bout YOU pack for me!
haha - I'm a few hundred miles from Baltimore, but I'll do what I can from here!

As for favourite LUSH products, I looooove the Rock Star soap! - I'm someone who likes really strong girlie scents in my bath products, so this might not be fore everyone, but it's one of my favourites for sure.
Also, I love the Sweetie Pie shower....gel? -- I'm not sure what the exact description of it is, but it comes in a plastic container and looks like blue jello with sparkles in it. And again, of course, it smells delicious! In the shower you just tear a piece off, lather it up with a loofah, and you too will smell delicious afterwards!!
And for my many ailments -- I'll def be packing this one in my Disney bag, I'm sure it will feel great after a long day! -- the Wiccy Magic Muscles Massage Bar. It has some sort of beans/large seeds in it that give you a nice massage while you use it, and I think it has peppermint in it, which works wonders for reviving tired legs and feet!
...keep in mind that I'm not sure you'll be able to find all of these -- I'm from Canada, so not sure if we have the exact same product line as down south!

and DBF do Disney!!

2011 Eastern Caribbean aboard the Magic
2009/2010 WDW New Years @ POP

brock20l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #368
Candy30
DIS Veteran

hi

Brock- I love your suggestion on packing matching colors. Now if I can only convince my teenage son and preteen daughter to do the same. My son went to NY on a 4 day trip and pack enough for 3 weeks.

GlendaMax- your hair looks good. I have read your trip reports (yes guilty of lurking ) and seen your progress.

Anyone have ideas for suitcases? We store ours in a store room it gets that storeroom smell. Any suggestions?

All Star Music Sept 2001
Pop 2009 trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291582
Candy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #369
kristytru
A dream is a wish your heart makes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy30 View Post

Anyone have ideas for suitcases? We store ours in a store room it gets that storeroom smell. Any suggestions?
Store them with some dryer sheets in the main compartment and all the pockets
Old 05-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #370
ban26ana
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to add that if anyone is interested, you can have a pregnancy test delivered to your room at Disney. It goes through their regular pharmacy company, and it's there by the time you return from the park. Talk about customer service! Dh joked that it would show Mickey's face if it was positive. (It wasn't. )

Also, instead of paying for those products like Bikini Zone, use a regular roll on deodorant. Put it on as soon as you get out of the shower. Dh got the tip from Sparkle the Prostitute (he's a cop, not a client ROFL) and I've been using it ever since. I call it my Sparkle Stick.
ban26ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #371
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Keep a fabric softner sheet or a votive candle in the suitcases It works for me..

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #372
xXBelleXx
Earning My Ears

My tips:

1. Bring a sweatshirt or two, even if you'll be there in the middle of the summer. I was in Disney World in July last year, and it was very hot outside, but I froze indoors. They're very helpful in the rain, too.
2. I love Coach Swingpacks. If you go to an outlet, they're only about $80 and they're very sturdy. Go with a darker color though, because dye from clothing could rub off if you get sweaty, and you don't want a white bag with dark stains on it.
3. I always avoid denim shorts and go with khaki shorts or materials similar to that. I find that denim gets too hot. Also, whenever I've ridden a water ride (like Kali or Splash) the dye always comes out and gets all over my legs and stains my shoes and socks.
4. There are these new band-aids that are out now made specifically for blisters. They stay on very well and heal the blister much quicker. I usually get them at Target and they are Band-Aid brand.
5. I love Old Navy flip-flops. They are 2 pairs for $5 and always very comfortable.

I hope this helps
xXBelleXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #373
Terry36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBelleXx View Post
5. I love Old Navy flip-flops. They are 2 pairs for $5 and always very comfortable.

I hope this helps
Their flip flops will be $1 tomorrow.
Terry36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:42 AM   #374
aestapa
Mouseketeer

for aches and pains

I am loving this thread! I have been lurking around here for a while and have now started to compile my list by cutting and pasting all these great ideas.

I recently found BioFreeze and plan to take some to WDW for our 11 day Celebration Trip in September. It is a topical pain reliever, rather like Icy Hot...but its only cold therapy. A friend gave me a sample from his physical therapist and it is amazing. I have back and neck injuries from a car wreck almost 3 years ago that flare up every now and then.

It is a gel that goes on and penetrates the muscle with cold. I know it will feel great on sore legs and back after walking all day. I teach high school, and my student athletes use it after practice or a game. You can find it at drugstore.com or cvs.com. I think CVS carries it in the store too.
aestapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:56 AM   #375
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
Tell me about it!!!! I went to University in the UKs one!

Notice the complete lack of surrounding towns!
OMG that was isolated

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: