Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2007, 07:23 AM   #16
princess@heart
Need a sprinkling of Fairy Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
I wanted one that would be girly and cute, sporty and maybe even, ah hem, sexy? Here's what I found:

http://www.girls4sports.com
That's cute!!! But you didn't get the long sleeves, did you? I'd imagine that would be too hot.

WDW '95 - off property.....WDW '05 - Polynesian Resort.....WDW '06 - Coronado Springs Resort.....WDW and DCL '07 - Caribbean Beach Resort and Wonder.....DL '07 - Disneyland Hotel.....DL '09 - off property.....WDW '12 - off property.....
WDW Feb '14 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
princess@heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:00 AM   #17
dameodie
A blue flower from a chink in a wall of ice

re: Body Glide, chafing, blisters, etc...

I found a product at Walgreens the other day called Slik Stik, that seems to be the same thing as Body Glide. Aparantly Band-Aid now has a similar product, which I also found there, for almost twice the price! The Band-Aid version was about $7, and this stuff was like $3.50. It was over in the foot care section, not with the band aids.

Slik Stik

Anyone else ever try this product? I would think it would work at least as well as the deodorant trick!
dameodie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2007, 10:31 AM   #18
lordhavemercy
We are what we believe we are....

Wink ...a few ideas for my sisters...

...the stick deodorants work great against chafing/rubbing.
* But, for the feet to help guard against pressure blisters etc while still in the parks...I always carry some pre-cut moleskins in my body bag. I cut some long, some short, some wide, some round...So that whatever the part of our feet that "feels" like it's getting ready to blister...we're ready for it...BEFORE the blister happens. Can't tell you how much those have helped. Now they even have generic moleskins...but, we still buy the name brands. I think the padding and the adhesive is of a better quality....IMO.
* Also...another essential....lip moisturizer....@ home, we've got'em in every room of the house.
* And, depending on the time of year you'll be travelling to DW....a cornstarch based body powder is a huge help with the humidity.

* foundation-wise...it depends on your preference...we know now, that the skin is actually better off with something on it, than not...moisturizer, foundation...whatever..will shield it from varying environmental factors that could have damaging effects.
....if you like a lighter foundation...or no foundation...look for a moisturizer with a bit of tint to it. These usually include some spf to help protect your skin against the sun's damaging rays. If you prefer a little more coverage...try setting the moisturizer with a bit of loose mineral powder. These are lovely....and non-clogging...actually good for your skin.
* I don't know about you...but some of us have areas of our heads that can burn...like around our parts....and our ears....so it doesn't hurt to use a non-oily spf spray up there....or around the ears. I can't tell you...how many of my clients over the years...golfers/gardeners...or just outdoor enthusiasts have had skin cancers removed from the tops of their ears...or inside the folds of their ears....just because they never thought to apply tanning lotion there.....
.....i know this is a bit wordy.. ..but, i thought it went along with the theme....
WDW2006-Feb...POFQ DD 16th
Universal 2007 with
WDW 2007 @ CSR with for MY BDay!!!
Maybe DD and I...trip in 2009...???

DH doesn't like DW.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lordhavemercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #19
JulielovesDisney
Hakuna Matata
I find any accent extremely hot
He's no boy. lol -wink wink

To prevent "Chub Rub", simple baby powder works great for me! Just rub some on after your shower in the morning or before you head out into the parks.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:39 AM   #20
Kate70410
Earning My Ears

Bag idea for in the park

My fiance and I are going on our honeymoon next week and I bought a new backpack for me to carry in the parks. Backpacks for me are difficult because I am :ahem: well endowed in the chest department so when this one came in the mail, I was thrilled. It's just the right size and it fits me like a glove. It is a Dakine Portal and it comes with straps that expand really far out and also has a small lunchbox size cooler in the front to carry water and everything you need to keep cold. I ordered it from www.bagking.com. They have a bunch of different types, even ones made exclusively for women. I recommend it highly

Me DW DDog

Buena Vista Villas Feb 1989 with family
Comfort Inn April 1997 HS Senior Trip
CSR July 2007 Our Disney honeymoon!!
CSR February 2010 5th Anniversary trip

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3va2i5iy6jpg31v5.png[/img]
Kate70410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #21
poohbearwithme
Don't ever change this title if you receive Tag Fairy Tag or it will disapear

A Way to help save for Vacation

Pay an extra 10% on your utility bills for ten months to year before your trip. If you do this then you can skip the utility bills the month of your vacation and have that extra money for the trip. Example: Water bill averages $60.00 per month: Pay $66.00 for twelve months $6 x 12 month = $72 credit the month of your trip. No water bill that month.

Last edited by poohbearwithme; 07-09-2007 at 07:00 PM.
poohbearwithme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:41 PM   #22
StarDrifter
disney world is....heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavemercy View Post
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]:
* But, for the feet to help guard against pressure blisters etc while still in the parks...I always carry some pre-cut moleskins in my body bag. I cut some long, some short, some wide, some round...So that whatever the part of our feet that "feels" like it's getting ready to blister...we're ready for it...BEFORE the blister happens. Can't tell you how much those have helped. Now they even have generic moleskins...but, we still buy the name brands. I think the padding and the adhesive is of a better quality....IMO.

* I don't know about you...but some of us have areas of our heads that can burn...like around our parts....and our ears....so it doesn't hurt to use a non-oily spf spray up there....or around the ears. I can't tell you...how many of my clients over the years...golfers/gardeners...or just outdoor enthusiasts have had skin cancers removed from the tops of their ears...or inside the folds of their ears....just because they never thought to apply tanning lotion there.....
.....i know this is a bit wordy.. ..but, i thought it went along with the theme....

lord have mercy is so right!!! Ive had problems with getting blisters on my ankles when I go on vacation and the moleskins are a lifesaver! Ive used them for years! It helps so much, if you have a blister, it really helps with the pain as well. They are excellent. Definetly a must.

and definetly pay attention to your ears and your hair part! I have been sunburned on my part more times then I can count, and im more careful now. I always sunscreen my ears too. Make sure to get behind your ears and on the back of your neck too, its very easy to sunburn there with the sun beating down on you all day.

Everyone should pay attention and make sure to apply sunscreen on exposed skin, it can really damage you if your not careful. I went on vacation in wyoming when I was little and went horseback riding. I got sunburned so badly on my shoulders that my skin has never been the same since. They go pink within ten minutes of being outside, and I have to be very careful not to get sunburned there because the skin is so sensitive.

I love disney world!
StarDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:47 PM   #23
StarDrifter
disney world is....heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess@heart View Post
That sounds absolutely adorable! Do you have any pics of it?
oh my gosh I just did my hair like this yesterday!!! Next time I do I will make sure to take a picture. It is really cute and so easy :D

I love disney world!
StarDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #24
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

This always happens to me. Any brand in particular for the hair part?
Old 07-08-2007, 06:14 PM   #25
lordhavemercy
We are what we believe we are....

....there's so many out now. anything that's non-oily will work. there's some out there for thinning hair even.(like for my DH I don't know if they still have it...but, a couple of years ago....Avon even had something out... There are some that are non-aerosol and aerosol also. I guess it's you're personal preference. But, just make sure it's not oily....for your hair....that would be a little icky.... .......
WDW2006-Feb...POFQ DD 16th
Universal 2007 with
WDW 2007 @ CSR with for MY BDay!!!
Maybe DD and I...trip in 2009...???

DH doesn't like DW.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lordhavemercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #26
hiddenj
Mouseketeer

I wear a pair of men's boxer briefs under a skirt to keep my thighs from rubbing. It was a suggestion from my SIL and it works great!
hiddenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #27
Bambi Sunshine
Earning My Ears

wash your hair in the morning and tie it back without drying it as your wet hair will help keep you a little bit cooler
Old 07-09-2007, 08:00 AM   #28
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi Sunshine View Post
wash your hair in the morning and tie it back without drying it as your wet hair will help keep you a little bit cooler
I wish this would work for me. I have little to no hair and my hair would eb dry ebfore we eevn got to the park.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:06 PM   #29
poohbearwithme
Don't ever change this title if you receive Tag Fairy Tag or it will disapear

Humity advice for Curly heads

I leave in the deep south so the humity fight is an uphill battle. I have found something that works pretty good with the frizz. It's called Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream. I have thick curly hair with lots of frizz. This seems to tame it really pretty good. It also helps it stay in the pony tail. It's not very heavy so it does not weigh the hair down.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #30
ktturner
With a Smile and a Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
I know a lot of women swear by BodyGlide for legs rubbing together with shorts or skirts but any stick deoderant will help. I prefer the male version of Mennen Speedstick as it seems to work the best. This prevents any leg rubbing rash and the very embarrassing shorts riding up and getting caught problem....
Does the mennen work better than the body glide? I'm heading to the store tomorrow for this stuff!

Check out my pretrippie! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post19545511

WL in July! We can't wait!
CBR June 2006 --DDs first trip, first with DH!
Poly May 1995--last pre-marriage family trip
About 20 times growing up, off property
ktturner is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: