Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
Russkateer
Earning My Ears

Benches in WDW

I haven't been to WDW in over 30 years (I'm 45 now) and we are going the second week of December. I know that the 5 days I'm there will be a lot of walking around, but I was counting on having a break now and then on a benche. I've been hearing that many of them have been removed from the parks...Can anyone that has been to WDW lately tell me if this is true of false?

Thanks!
Russkateer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #2
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

I have lots of foot problems and need to stop and find a bench pretty often. I've never felt like I had a bench emergency during the day, but have found myself making friends with strangers.

We were there in July and there were many benches. I won't say you'll always have one when you need it. Fireworks and IN attractions come to mind. I hate Monsters Laugh Floor because I always hit it wrong and the wait kills my feet. I also had an issue with doing Muppets/Little Mermaid back to back with maximum wait in the preshow. Advil helps a lot.

Do bring a poncho, blanket, or plastic bag so that you can sit down on the sidewalk during the fireworks.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT 40th B-day Trip Report
Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #3
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the DIS!!

Here's some pixie dust for you!

Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT 40th B-day Trip Report
Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:57 AM   #4
kelowatt
Mouseketeer

we were able to find a pretty decent amount of bench space. And there are always the attractions that double as a time to get off your feet for a spell: Hall of Presidents, Country Bears, Carousel of Progress, PeopleMover, Ellen's Energy Adventure/Naptime,

1976: Fort Wilderness, 1980: Fort Wilderness, 1983: Fort Wilderness, 1986: Polynesian, 1988: Caribbean Beach, 1990: Off property for Magic Music Days, 1991: Disneyland off property for Magic Music Days, 1993: off property for Magic Music Days, 1999: All Star Music, 2005: All Star Sports, 2008: Pop Century, 2013: Art of Animation, Nemo

Trip Report:
Christmas before Thanksgiving...why not? AoA, MVMCP, BoG, FP+ and MORE! (in progress)

2013 Trip Report
kelowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

benches in the parks...

I've found, due to a gimpy knee, that I now require very frequent breaks.....preferably sitting down....benches are few and inbetween...stone walls, planters have to do...

I won't take up seating at an outdoor restaurant, so it's a chore to find a place to plop down, especially out of the sun.......

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
loughmann
Earning My Ears

When it's not peak meal times most quick service locations will have extra benches for you to sit in.
loughmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: