Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #76
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie_sam View Post
Dear SueM in MN,
I have been reading through several threads in the disAbilities forum, and am amazed at the amount of time you have spent posting information that is so helpful and so focused on trying to address the diversity of disability that exists. I found the information I was looking for, and lots of things I hadn't considered, but will make our trip that much easier, and a wonderful experience for my daughter, and less stressful for me. I am writing to say, "Thank you!" It is an incredible gift to all of us who have to plan so carefully to have the benefit of your knowledge, and I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate what you have done and accomplished here.

You are a special person to take so much time to help others ensure that their vacations are as "Magical" as possible. Bless you!
ITA! ditto! bingo! what she said!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #77
wdwhappyplace
Earning My Ears

With thanks and hope for a blessed time

We have been to wdw more than 20 times over the last 28 years. It has always been our happy place, but more so in the series of crisis times we have been through in recent years. Coming to Disney for the first time after one crisis was the first time in a while that I had felt true joy down deep in my chest. We gained many tips and information from the other forums over the years because my husband was frequently searching the threads. Over recent months, I personally began searching through the disabilities thread due to a disability I now have. Sue, I appreciate what you are doing here. I have learned and I have found encouragement. Although, there are times that I have read something posted by others that made me cry and fearful of what could happen on our next trip. I guess it is just like being at the parks where there are those who are understanding and helpful, those who go their own way, and those who can be judgmental, basing their judgments on their own experiences without empathy or understanding. We will be there soon and I will rent an ECV. I will ask for a GAC because I have an "invisible" problem and there are times I will need to walk, but can not walk too much and never know how much pain there will be. I am still sometimes fearful of how this could affect me or my family if we have any issues with this, but I thank you for how much you have helped me have the knowledge and courage I have.
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #78
myjames22
Earning My Ears

So true, I have found that since I have started to turn away from my negative thoughts (a lot harder than I thought it would be, trust you me) I have surrounded myself with happier people almost by default. What they say is true – misery really does love company.
myjames22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: