Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2007, 12:27 AM   #1
jenr812
I'm wondering how outta hand you all got after I posted
The TF tried to give MY post to someone else
Those men can be so demanding, wanting to talk and make us get off the computer

The 5 J's Went Back to Disney 5/23-6/4 *UPDATE 9/21!*DAY 4: MGM/LTT/MK EMH/Lotsa pics

Table of Contents:
Wednesday, May 23: Travel Day! - This post! Scroll down!
Wednesday, May 23: Travel Day! Part 2: Flying luggage? Oh my! - page 2, post 19
Thursday, May 24: Animal Kingdom morning with lots of pics - page 4, post 54
Thursday, May 24: MGM afternoon, SciFi dinner - page 7, post 98
Friday, May 25: Epcot all day, grumpy boys, girl time, LeCellier, 40 pics - page 10, posts 146-147
Friday, May 25: I found BONUS pics!! (taken by Jessica!) - page 11, post 160
Saturday, May 26: Magic Kingdom morning, Kona Cafe dinner, TONS of pics - page 11, posts 161-163
Sunday, May 27: MGM morning, Liberty Tree Tavern dinner, MK EMH, and loads of pics, of course! - page 12, posts 178-180

Wednesday, May 23: Travel Day!

OMGosh the day finally arrived! What a crazy morning but it was all so worth it.

WAIT!

Let’s back up just a minute to re-introduce the cast of characters for those who are just joining us. I’ll even throw in some NEW pics from the over 2000 we took in Disney!

Jennifer (that’s me!): 33 year old SAHM and newly graduated nurse! I will be taking my boards very soon and then I will start working in the NICU (special care nursery), my DREAM JOB! Can life get any sweeter? Sure it can! Someday, I’ll be a NICU nurse at Arnold Palmer Hospital for children so I can live near Disneyworld After my kids are grown of course! BTW, I don’t wear makeup in Disney. Just wanted to warn you!

Jeff (DH): 32 year old who isn’t nearly as Disney obsessed as I am, but he thoroughly loves the Disney magic. He goes along with my extensive plans (“whatever you want, honey”), which makes him pretty darn smart in my book! He has even agreed to buy into DVC!!!!!!!! More on that later…

Jessica (DD13): Loves Piglet, hanging out with friends, giggling about boys (much to DH’s dismay!), and doing typical teenage stuff. Shares a love of all things Disney with me and would be a perfect companion on a girls-only trip someday. Has more attitude than she knows what to do with and it gets her in trouble sometimes. It doesn’t help matters that she is my virtual twin – we butt heads because of it LOL But she is my angel, through and through. And a beautiful one if I do say so myself!

Jayden (DS8): Loves skateboarding, sports, and being outside. He loves fast rides and is willing to try just about anything. Still gets into the Disney magic and has a fantastic grin when he allows himself to smile naturally. He acts goofy and is a self-admitted class clown (though he loves school and does quite well). He suffers from CVS (cyclic vomiting syndrome) and severe migraines. Thankfully, he had no flare ups on our trip! He’s already a “tween” in so many ways - he wants to grow up, but also wants to be my baby bear forever. He really came out of his shell on this trip – more on that later.

Jory (DS4): Full of spunk and love. He looks entirely innocent, which can be deceptive, especially in those moments after he’s whomped on his brother with a good punch or two. He loves “Dizzyworld” and tries so hard to be a big boy to keep up with Jayden. He is excited to be 5 in August, but he is ambivalent about starting Kindergarten. Some days it is all he can talk about, and other days he insists that he does NOT want to go and would rather remain in preschool. He is completely in love with Mommy, to a fault. We wonder if he will ever love anyone like he loves his Mommy. That's ok with me though.

***EDITED 6/16/07: I should add that this vacation was to celebrate my graduation from nursing school!! I found the DIS in 2004, shortly before starting school, and I was HOOKED instantly. This was supposed to be our first Disney trip, but in 2005, we received an infamous postcard rate with an offer we couldn't refuse. That of course did not take the place of the already pre-planned graduation trip. Confused? Good!***

OK now that the intros are out of the way and I’ve given you some pretty pictures, on with the show. Where were we? Oh, yes…

Wednesday, May 23: Travel Day!

Got up at 6am to get the kids off to school. Thankfully, it wasn’t my turn for carpool for Jayden OR Jessica, so that was very nice! We were using my MIL’s minivan (God bless her!) and we’d done “the switch” Tuesday night. We’d attached the hard cartop carrier to the luggage rack, loaded it up, and packed everything in the van in an attempt to make Wednesday morning less stressful (yea, right!).

I took Jory to his end of the year picnic while Jeff took care of last minute details, like packing the cooler full of drinks and doing one final search for the MIA Tevas. We never did find those Teva sandals by the way. Very strange.

Jory had fun at his picnic, and fully relished in the joy of boasting to EVERYONE, and I do mean EVERYONE, that he was “driving to Dizzyworld today!!” I have a feeling that some moms were a bit ticked off at me (and can you blame them? How can they top that? Sorry!!) but it was all in good fun. It was all I could do not to continually check to see if my cell phone was on, as I waited impatiently for Jessica to call. As soon as she was finished with that last exam, we were hitting the road!! I finally got that blessed phone call, and we were outta there!!

Swung by Jayden’s school to get him, stopped at Jessica’s school to get her, and peeled into our driveway as if I’d taken a box of Ex-Lax and they were suddenly kicking in. Seriously, we were on the road within 15 minutes of my skidmarks hitting the driveway.

Hmmm.

That didn’t sound quite right.

Anyway…

Travel day was pretty boring, as can be expected. That is, until we heard an eerie SNAP! Jeff and I looked at each other and then looked in the rear view mirrors. Was that our cartop carrier and luggage flying down the highway behind us?

OK, I realize that for those who've followed my pre-trippie, this is such a tease and I'm sorry. I'll be back with more very soon, though. I had to leave you with some suspense, of course!

TR: The 5 J's Went Back to Disney 5/23-6/4, 2007 *DAY 4: MGM/LTT/MK EMH/Lotsa pics!!*
NICU Nurse & Mom to Jessica(18), Jayden(13) & Jory(9)

July 2-8, 2005 @ POR - Our first family trip & we surprised the kids!
May 23-June 4, 2007 @ POR - Nursing school graduation celebration!
December 14-21, 2008 @ POR - Introduced the in-laws to the Magic!
August 25-Sept 2, 2009 @ POP - Mother/Daughter trip for DD's Sweet 16!

Up next: Jayden's 14th birthday & MNSSHP @ POR October 24-November 4, 2012
Back at The Disboards after a loooong hiatus!

Last edited by jenr812; 09-21-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:29 AM   #2
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!! It has officially started!!!!! I can't wait for more. Weird my Myspace comments didn't come up, I'll have to PM you my questions today- they were based on your pictures posted on Myspace (I was worried about Coral Reef comments since that is where we are having my b-day dinner) also excited about Kona since you said it was the best meal, and other random comments, I'll PM you so I don't ruin this thread .
WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2007, 06:02 AM   #3
srandsr76
Mouseketeer

Cannot wait to read more!! LUGGAGE flying down the road!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 07:16 AM   #4
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

can't wait

DVC- you lucky duck! Can't wait for more.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:22 AM   #5
jbmom
Our underwear just gets put in the drawer with no extra attention
I've been known to prop my knife under my plate if there is something runny on it

Great start! Nice cliffhanger. I've been waiting to hear about that for a while now.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:43 AM   #6
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Signing up for the ride! Sounds like it is going to be a great one, luggage flying down the road? Oh my nightmare!

Allyson
Old 06-08-2007, 08:25 AM   #7
fterie4u
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! I am SO looking forward to you TR! I am happy to hear you took so many pictures, can't wait to see them!
4/2011 - Isabella's 5th Birthday trip at the Beach Club!!!!!
10/2011 - Big family trip and AKL!!!!
2/2012 - Birthday trip to BWI CL!!!
9/12-Family trip to BC!!!
10/13-10th anniversary trip to AKL!!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 10:15 AM   #8
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

Wink

Come on do not keep us in suspnese for to long!!!!!
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 06-08-2007, 03:25 PM   #9
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! I love signing up for TRs that are brand spankin' new!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #10
jwwi
DIS Veteran

just subscribing, can't wait to hear all about your trip. Take your time, returning from a vacation is stressful. LOL
Old 06-08-2007, 06:04 PM   #11
jenr812

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
YEAH!!!!!!!! It has officially started!!!!! I can't wait for more. Weird my Myspace comments didn't come up, I'll have to PM you my questions today- they were based on your pictures posted on Myspace (I was worried about Coral Reef comments since that is where we are having my b-day dinner) also excited about Kona since you said it was the best meal, and other random comments, I'll PM you so I don't ruin this thread .
WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lesley
Sometimes myspace can be a little touchy Thanks for the hearty welcome home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srandsr76 View Post
Cannot wait to read more!! LUGGAGE flying down the road!!!!!!
Glad to have you aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
DVC- you lucky duck! Can't wait for more.
Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmom View Post
Great start! Nice cliffhanger. I've been waiting to hear about that for a while now.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
Signing up for the ride! Sounds like it is going to be a great one, luggage flying down the road? Oh my nightmare!

Allyson
Nightmare is right! It's all good though. Glad to have you along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fterie4u View Post
Welcome back! I am SO looking forward to you TR! I am happy to hear you took so many pictures, can't wait to see them!
Thank you It took me two full days to unload all those pics I still can't believe how many there are. I should have bought another scrapbook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avivasmom View Post
Come on do not keep us in suspnese for to long!!!!!
Sorry! I'll try to speed it up a bit. For some reason the kids keep asking for food and clean clothes so it's slowing me down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
Woohoo! I love signing up for TRs that are brand spankin' new!
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
just subscribing, can't wait to hear all about your trip. Take your time, returning from a vacation is stressful. LOL
Stressful, depressing, sad...

TR: The 5 J's Went Back to Disney 5/23-6/4, 2007 *DAY 4: MGM/LTT/MK EMH/Lotsa pics!!*

Old 06-08-2007, 06:11 PM   #12
jenr812

I started the second installmant, but it's taking me longer than I would like. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. Jess and Jayden were with my MIL for a few nights (Jory only spent one night and that was too long away from mommy for his liking!). So Jory and I have been hanging out - boy he keeps me busy! All my kids are home now - can you hear the dissention already? I can I sure missed them when they were gone, but good gracious, can they act civil to each other? I wish we were back in Disney. They still had their moments on vacation, but for the most part, things were much better than the normal sibling rivalry and bickering.

I just kicked them outside for some "quality time" together and we're going to play Disney Scene It in an hour or so. I just wanted to hop on here and reply to all my wonderful visitors. I am amazed at the number of views compared to posts. COME OUT, LURKERS!!! I don't bite (hard).

Old 06-08-2007, 06:24 PM   #13
kribit
DIS Veteran

YAY! Can't wait to read...

Old 06-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #14
Lan
D23 Charter Year Member

I can't believe you are making us wait
WDW - Pin & Vinylmation Events Sept 12-15
WDW - Food & Wine Oct 11-14
WDW - Dec 5-8

WDW Marathon Weekend Jan 7-12
WDW Princess Half Marathon Weekend Feb 19-23
DCL Magic - Southern Caribbean Cruise Sept 27- Oct 4
Blog: DizThruBrownEyes.com
Old 06-09-2007, 07:13 AM   #15
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

OK I'm hooked. More ASAP!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: