Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2007, 10:54 PM   #751
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

You think someting silly like REAL LIFE might have got in the way of the trip report?

Can't be good, considering.......

Hugs Nebo and Smidgy!!!!!!!!!!c
Even if you dont need it! But much more so if you do!.
Just because we all love you ........... (in a platonic way, of course)!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #752
mmeb144

My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!

Hey, real life could be a good thing. <<wavy lines, like a dream sequence>>
Nebo in a suit, interviewing for that wonderful job. Smidgy, dressed nicely, interviewing for her ultimate bar tending job. (Wonder where these dream jobs are? Feel free to fill in the blanks...)<<end dream sequence>>

Or, it might be a bad thing.

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic

Last edited by mmeb144; 07-31-2007 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Needed another smiley!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2007, 09:32 AM   #753
Philadisney
In the Name of Epcot
Sometimes when I shower, I have to stare at the drain just in case a spooky clown starts climbing up it
Carries the chicken in style

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
I headed for the smallest trickle that was descending, but my lovely wife had other plans.

Suddenly she shoved me right to the gusher falling down, but I had a feeling that this was coming, and quickly grabbed an empty tube that was floating next to me, and used it as a shield. Most of the water hit the shield, and splattered right back on her.

Ah hahahahhaa. Evil Nebo is back!
How deliciously evil indeed! (BOTH of you!) Thanks for the laughs Nebo, this post was overflowing with funny
Nov '09: SS Aug '08: WL/BC May '06: POFQ March '05: CSR July '04: POR/Wonder cruise Fall 2002: College Program at Vista Way! (EPCOT) Nov '93, July '00, Nov '06: DL offsite July '88, July '90, April '97, July '06, March '09: WDW offsite

Old 07-31-2007, 12:23 PM   #754
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

I know, I know, were the heck ya been?
Well, it's been kind of emotional around here, lately. Not going to go into my situation, but Diane just worked her last day at the Bittersweet, and leaving there was anything but bittersweet.
When you're in a crappy mood, you're going to write a crappy installment, so I haven't turned on the puter since Friday. It's not just the job and the money, it's that all of our friends still go there, and probably still will. And now it might be a little uncomfortable for us if you know what I mean. but I'm sure this will pass too, and life will go on.
Anyway, I"m going to just work my way through the posts, starting where I left off, and hopefully adding the requisite sarcasm, as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post
Nooooo! Don't eat Nemo and Dory!!!

And generally speaking, I can't nap either.... only if I'm really sick or something.

Funny stuff Nebo!
Hey nicole, There's a trick to naps that I guess we were never taught, I even flunked nap time in kindergarten. And, don't worry, won't be eating Nebo and Dory, Now, a Crush and Squirt soup, though,,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post

I have the same problem! I'm very jealous of the nappers of the world. Even as a teenager I couldn't sleep during the day. If I take even a 5 minute nap now I'm worthless and disoriented the rest of the day. I think it must be a sign of high intelligence!
I actually agree with you. Extremely intelligent, caring, clever people who are concerned with the state of the world cannot just turn off their brains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvhockey View Post
".
"just wide of the post", ah yes football training camp has started hasn't it Nebo. Loved the description of the little fella bouncing all over.
Thanks for another wonderful saga.
Angela
Angela, I honestly had you in mind when I wrote about Diane playing goalie, and me going for the tip in. I was thinking hockey goal post, not football posts.
At least for another week or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmelinda View Post
I'll say!

OMG! That is so scary! But I laughed anyway.
I love the comparison from the expert. Good to know. I've been considering the water parks & more option. Stupid Stacey kept hawking the water parks all day on the last trip so of course the kids want to go.
BWAHAHAHA!
I agree! The car comes in handy and does not detract from the magic. For me. But is CBR as nice as POR?
Melinda, that is a great smiley.
And, well, no, POR is better than CBR. ESPECIALLY, when it comes to the pools.

][
Quote:
QUOTE=Disneydad99;19962395]Evil

Yep this happens to Me alot also...I put my foot down & DisneyMom steps over it & tells me what to Do
See, now Disneydad? That's the difference between our wives, Yours step over it, mine steps ON it. And then jumps up and down a few times.

Quote:
From Diane:
however: you missed one! "blue girls" are those like smurfettes? (remember the smurfs?)

disney has hidden mickeys.... nebo has hidden typos! and a prize for whoever can find the best ones! (the nebo TR home version, a manhattan, and two vikes)
Boy oh boy, it sounds to me like she thinks that some of my typos just might be intentional.
Naaah
Old 07-31-2007, 06:59 PM   #755
nebo
sharkbait

excuse me, please pass me the catch-up.

O M Goodness! Is it hot up here!
The thermostat downstairs says 88, but up here?
It's over a thousand.
Ha! You think I'm joking?
And the forecast for tomorrow in this "loft", is for a thousand and ten.
The thermometer is past the numbers section.
It now points into , " The Cattle are Dying!
Damn, good herefords are hard to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogirl'smom View Post
Too funny, nebo! We are planning a nap break every day of our next trip. I hope DD6 can go to sleep--I know her daddy and I can! Here's a shameful secret; I kept dozing off during the last half of POC Land's End b/c we went to an 8:30 p.m. showing. That's sad, isn't it? I don't know how I used to stay up late enough to go clubbing in college--I guess I'm just getting old, waaaaaa, 40's coming way too quick!!!!
Oh, so much sarcasm, so little time.
Here's a bit of reality, whogirl. As fast as the forties come, they go even quicklier. When I turned 30, it was only seven more years until I turned forty.
Then, five years later, suddenly, I was fifty. That's the way it works. In another ten years, I'll be eighty, and won't be able to see, or hear, and lose all my hair, it will be just like birth again.
Huh?
Oh, that's right.
Now, like I said, I haven't read any post yet, I'm taking them as they come right now and posting to a few at a time, so, I really havent' read ahead.
But somebody had to nail this.
I think I have found out your problem in the falling asleep during the Pirates movie.
You shop too much.
Even though I haven't seen it yet, I think the name was "World's End, ,,, not "Land's end".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock View Post
"Evil Nebo" - Nice!

Maybe if we put you one one of these and you can become "Evil K-Nebo" , just imagine the trouble you could cause (and not just to yourself)
Mike, you beat me to it. Nice catch. There is a guy at work that has called me Evil K'Nebo for the last ten years. At first it was kind of funny, but ten years later, he still says it like it's the funniest thing since the birth of Steven Wright. The strangest part of all concerning him,,,, his name is Paul Newman.
Not kidding. And I don't make the requisite Paul Newman jokes.
I DID go up to him a few times in the morning and say,,,
"Hellloooooo, Newman."
But it went right over his head.
But ten years of Evil K'nebo? yep, to him that's still the funniest stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Glad your day turned out just fine. Great installment.
I can nap just about anywhere. We tried the afternoon nap in wdw, and my son must have the nebo-anti-nap-gene, and never fell asleep in the afternoon. Made for a very tired and heavy boy by the end of the nights. We had a long walk to our room from the bus at ASMu.
Loved your discription of the ride down with the toddler.
You are soooo funny.
One step up the ladder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gr8mouse View Post
NEBO:

Driving is the only way to go on property......I always have to rent a car, it saves soooo much time!! You said awhile back you didint like to fly becasue you werent in control.....same way I feel about the buses......You NEBO must be in control......LOL !!!!!
Great stuff! You are the master of the trip report!!!
Hi, ONEGREATMICKEYMOUSE, WELCOME! Boy, you really should shorten that name. Huh?
Oh.
But after reading your post, I couldn't agree with you more. You are obviously a person of extremely high intelligence, especially the last part you wrote.
Two steps up the ladder.

Melinda is cringing.

Quote:
Nebo, I have to tell you that I pimped your TR to 1gr8mouse! Much like Trentmom, I accept disney dollars! I'm related to 1gr8mouse... would you like to guess how?
~nicole
Ahahaha, nicole, you too funny. Of course I figured it out. But are you sure that you want me to tell everyone that reads this she is your parole officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrsfmly View Post
Great installment! Glad Diane survived the fish bone fiasco and there weren't any more tears at Blizzard Beach... I love the water parks and consider them a down day because I can sit in the sun, for the most part, all day in peace while the big kids enjoy the slides without whining at me for not entertaining them... At least that is what worked last time...

I had a car with me in Disney last year, which was a first, and I drove us around a lot. My DD14 had a broken foot & was in a wheelchair, DD2 was in a BIG stroller, so our group was anyone's worst nightmare approaching a bus stop. After our first day using Disney transportation, the only park we didn't drive to was the Magic Kingdom.

To anyone staying at ASSports last November...
Your Welcome
Becky, the last part was unnecesary. unneccesary. unnecessary.
Pointless!
No one stays at ASSports anyway.
But I had more peace at the water parks when we brought the kids.
When you end up there with just ONE big kid, nope, there is no relaxing then.
It's time to play, "Amuse A Spouse."
Old 07-31-2007, 07:15 PM   #756
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
I know, I know, were the heck ya been?
Well, it's been kind of emotional around here, lately. Not going to go into my situation, but Diane just worked her last day at the Bittersweet, and leaving there was anything but bittersweet.
When you're in a crappy mood, you're going to write a crappy installment, so I haven't turned on the puter since Friday. It's not just the job and the money, it's that all of our friends still go there, and probably still will. And now it might be a little uncomfortable for us if you know what I mean. but I'm sure this will pass too, and life will go on.
Sending you both a really
HUGE FAN
and some and some and for good measure!
Old 07-31-2007, 07:17 PM   #757
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Welcome Back Nebo...Hey Marita you can call off the Dogs!!!!...

& heres a Toast to Smidgy & a to her former Employer !!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 07-31-2007, 07:37 PM   #758
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

Ummmm...Nebo... not sure how 1gr8mouse is going to take that you referred to HIM as a SHE!!! He's my brother-in-law... there was a hint on Disneydad's TR but obviously no one pays attention to little ol' me!!! I'll go sulk now... (it's my pitty party, I'll cry if I want to!)

~nicole

Old 07-31-2007, 07:40 PM   #759
Disneydad99
My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Quote:
Ummmm...Nebo... not sure how 1gr8mouse is going to take that you referred to HIM as a SHE!!! He's my brother-in-law... there was a hint on Disneydad's TR but obviously no one pays attention to little ol' me!!! I'll go sulk now... (it's my pitty party, I'll cry if I want to!)

~nicole

Holy Crud Now I have to go read My report again!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Chief Suck- Up TFW
Old 07-31-2007, 07:43 PM   #760
lovebuzzandwoody
DIS Veteran

HINT... it had to do with PINS...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:00 PM   #761
nebo
sharkbait

Ingmar Bergmann is dead, and I don't feel so good myself.

Ok, no more work stuffage.
IT's Icky.
It's a downer, and things will work out. Besides, I didn't start this thread to be a blog, but as escapism, for you and me, about Disney. And we shall return to our roots, ok, Kunta kinta?
However, I shall continue to female dog about the heat up here.
It's not getting any better.
The cat just melted.
"Honey, can you get the wet vac out for Mischief?"
"No, she didn't leave a mess, I mean FOR MISCHIEF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney 4-ever View Post
Whew, all caught up. sorry about the jobs, but all will come out right in the end, so they always say. Diane, I am glad you have your throat back in good condition Our trip was fantastic but very hot/humid. goofyfan1 wants to go back in March, we shall see. Nebo, could not find any itsakadoozies? I must have lost something along the way . Oh well, we are back and I am reading again. Keep up the great work
Disney 4 ever, welcome back, I'm curious though, why March? Don't you run into the possibilites of Spring bread beiing off then? And the weather can be iffy then also. The one time we have never tried and Smidgy is dying to is early December, when all the holiday stuff is up, but the resorts are still empty. Hey, glad you and your goofy husband had a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan's MaggieMouse View Post
Twenty four hours without a post puts Nebo's TR on Page 2 and *that* is not acceptable!

Maggie
I can always count on Maggie to do the "bump" with.
3 steps up, 3 flowers for Maggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDisney View Post
I feel we may have to run amok with ourselves.
:

bwhaa haa haaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe View Post
::

Shawn and Colleen, It's totally ok to play "Amok" with yourselves, as long as no one is watching. I have a feeling that i'm not going to be able to quote your posts and get the dreaded, " TOO MANY SMILIES" error message. I think I'm only aloud 25, per post.
Maybe if I whisper.
Thank you , both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
You think someting silly like REAL LIFE might have got in the way of the trip report?

Can't be good, considering.......

Hugs Nebo and Smidgy!!!!!!!!!!c

Just because we all love you ........... (in a platonic way, of course)!
Honestly, Marita, Nightmares, got in the way of our life that includes Disney as a central part. Our Lord, and Disney, are LIFE.
But you had to throw in that "plutonic" thing. geesh, so much for fantasies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeb144 View Post
Hey, real life could be a good thing. <<wavy lines, like a dream sequence>>
Nebo in a suit, interviewing for that wonderful job. Smidgy, dressed nicely, interviewing for her ultimate bar tending job. (Wonder where these dream jobs are? Feel free to fill in the blanks...)<<end dream sequence>>
Marie, I have played this game many a time.
I can't really speak for her, but my guess is that she's working the pool bar at the Poly, while we live nearbye.
Me? I'm running a Karaoke show 4 times a week at the River Roost at POR.
And I get to sing lot's of Disney type songs. And get paid for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadisney View Post
How deliciously evil indeed! (BOTH of you!) Thanks for the laughs Nebo, this post was overflowing with funny
Yah, Philly. Another step back up. One, two , three , four. I'm getting there.

Yeah, I was right, I had to go back and delete a bunch of smilies. Tell me that's not a rule for just us "dial up" cretins.

Last edited by nebo; 07-31-2007 at 08:04 PM. Reason: bad nebo
Old 07-31-2007, 08:46 PM   #762
harleygirl
DIS Veteran

hey nebo and smidgey! i'm trying to catch up with ya'll -i got behind somewhere along the way but i'm still loving your trippie!

ME DH DS13 DS12
AS Sports April 2005
Pop Feb 2006
Pop Trip in Sept 08!!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:03 PM   #763
Goofyfan1
Every man has to believe in something....... I believe I'll have another beer!

What now I am a Goofy Husband I about melted in Disney No more July trips for me
Old 07-31-2007, 09:14 PM   #764
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I have found out your problem in the falling asleep during the Pirates movie.
You shop too much.
Even though I haven't seen it yet, I think the name was "World's End, ,,, not "Land's end".
It's actually "At World's End".......

Sorry, I have a pirate addiction
Old 07-31-2007, 10:28 PM   #765
missmun52
DIS Veteran

I have been reading every installment but i dont alwAys post. I am just not funny like all the others so I dont bother; but just wanted to send you two a hug!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: