Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2007, 11:20 PM   #136
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

EWWWWWW!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:29 PM   #137
disneymoon_0307
Disney World is my 2nd home!!!

I just found your TR and loving it. I'm sorry but I don't know who you are, have never heard of you before. But I look forward to hearing more from ya. You are a very intresting guy. You and your wife remind me of my soon to be inlaws. Keep it coming.
September 2006-POP-First time to Disney World with my fiance.September 2007-Coronado-First MNSSHPMay 2008-Our Disneymoon
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2007, 12:45 AM   #138
smidgy
dimples

suzflee: "you better keep him on a short leash or some of his adoring dis'ers might come a knockin'"

I don't believe in leashes, don't need them; if they were were needed, they wouldn't work anyway.

disney moon: "you and your wife remind me of my soon to be in-laws"

they must be great, fun-loving folks! (since you are just starting out on this journey of marriage, pattern yourselves after them! have fun, keep loving, laughing;never stop reading and learning;and growing together. you'll hear tons of advice about romance, but never underestimate keeping a sharp wit about you, a good sense of humor, and true companionship)
Old 06-05-2007, 05:40 AM   #139
Suzflee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
It's Disney'd version of a popsicle, swirly, with different flavors.
And I've never had one.
Thanks, I learn something here every day!

Smidgy, you're right about the leashes...I cringe when I see them on children so I can't imagine what they would look like on a spouse!

Loved the bubbles! That was a good one.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:51 AM   #140
lexmelinda
Has a Seussical googling DD
I'll remember from now on

Quote:
I don't know why, computer doesn't even turn ten years old until next year!
Not saying anything...just sitting here.
Quote:
Melinda? Hope you didn't put any money on my selection last February, Scat Daddy.
Well, he finished!? I had my dollar on an equally loser-ish horse.
Quote:
The teenagers that were in the tub, TALKING ON THEIR CELL-PHONES, got out.
At least they HAVE cell phones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane's Husband View Post
"Just for a second, Market Price, be right back."
Good one! Did that guy really call you Diane's husband?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane's Husband View Post
And I come right back, and just as I was getting in again, I noticed no bubbles.
"Hey where did ,,,"
Back to the room for a can of pork & beans?

Good stuff....I'll just wait right here til Thursday. K?

Last edited by lexmelinda; 06-05-2007 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Go out and get a new computer! Heck...go out and get a used computer. But by all means get a better computer!
Old 06-05-2007, 08:09 AM   #141
Kay7979
DIS Veteran

Oh, oh, I'm falling behind again. I'd better comment on a couple episodes before jumping ahead to your most recent. First of all: This Old Spouse. . . Good one! I think you had better sign yourself up for HGTV's "Before and After" program where contractors come in and do a complete make-over. At the end of the show you barely recognize the original, out-of-date dwelling. In your case the contractors could come in and remodel your weather foot, install a couple new knees, and replace a few discs. Then you could do this: and even this: without looking like this:

Oh, and about your car at the beach: You should have told the guy no problem, you're driving one of those James Bond cars that converts into a dunny buggy, speedboat or submarine at the press of a button.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #142
Kay7979
DIS Veteran

Excellent segments! I loved your account of circling the slow car and the car behind you following in your ruts. This certainly proves that "being in a rut" has it's advantages. I'll keep that in mind as one of life's great lessons learned from Nebo.

THe hot tub scene was great, too. From now on we'll have to call you Lawrence Welk, since you're the man with the bubbles. I know you're old enough to understand, even if half your readership has never heard of Lawrence Welk.

Yep, this is going to be a long and very entertaining trip report. I'm having a great time reading it and we're not even "There Yet."
Old 06-05-2007, 09:14 AM   #143
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Smidgy, I don't believe in leashes for husbands either. Those shock collars for dogs work so much better. If hubby wanders off in the store, just press the button and listen for the curse word.

Nebo, guess you were on target about the "not so friendly frog" comment.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #144
katiemouse
Earning My Ears

"Hey who needs a Gidget when you have a "Smidgey?"" (Am trying to figure out how to do quotes).

Excellent answer Nebo!

You guys both look great.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:44 AM   #145
NUguyinCrew
Disney Nut

After reading these hilarious reports I had to post a lil' sumthin sumthin to say I cant wait for the next installment. I just stumbled on them today and had to stiffle a few laughs so people in my office dont think Im nuts (checking it out on my break...of course). I just drove that stretch of road on I40 not too long ago going to SC and at some points I think I could have gave the door of a semi a spit shine it was so close on those curves. There are probably still fingernail marks on the passenger side of the truck from my DW. You dont relax in the smokies on that road for many many miles and the tunnels just spice it up.

As for the Waffle Houses we counted them up per exit (but never ate at one) encountered all the way from KY to SC and (because I might as well be a pocket protector wearing, taped up glasses nerd) figured out they averaged a waffle house every 3.5 exits approximately over about 400 miles. There's a stretch there with 4 in a row should you crave it that often.

Anyway, cant wait for more trip report!
“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” -Walt 1955

Not sure on the total trips to the World but its a lot. Next trip: Bay Lake Tower Feb 2014!!
Old 06-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #146
anabelle
Did I say that out loud?

Great installment Nebo!

I loved when you called Lobster Man, Market Price.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:29 PM   #147
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
After a bit of enjoying ourselves, BY ourselves, (stop it Winkers, don't go there),
And I come right back, and just as I was getting in again, I noticed no bubbles.
"Hey where did ,,,"

And Diane pressed the button again.
goodnight all
Who me?????
Smidgy, I had a good laugh over your "timing" with the button!
Old 06-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #148
Disneyfreak92
Married to a Pretty, Pretty Princess
Did you say shopping? I kind of spring to attention when I hear that word!

Whew! I just read everything. Great report Nebo! Loving it so far! You have Lexmelinda to thank for my presence here. She said you would be at WDW in September, and so will I! I've heard you are a funny guy, and I find that to be accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
WOW! Check out my brother, Bill!!!

Sorry, I'm really bored today...
I had to quote this because I think I know what his shirt says because DH and I both have the same shirt! ("House of Paign"?) We live IN Illini country! (And we in the "House of Payne", as I sometimes refer to our home.)
1981 Offsite~1991 Offsite~May/June 2002 Beach Club Honeymoon~May/June 2005 All Star Movies~December 2005 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas~February 2006 Port Orleans Riverside~May 2006 Boardwalk Villas~November/December 2006 Saratoga Springs~May 2007 Old Key West~September/October 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter~May 2008 Animal Kingdom Villas~September 2008 Wilderness Lodge Villas~November 2008 Grand Californian!~May 2009 Boardwalk Villas~October 2009 Saratoga Springs/Bay Lake Tower~December 2009 Saratoga Springs~May 2010 Bay Lake Tower~November 2010 Moved to my happy place!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:04 PM   #149
missmun52
DIS Veteran

I am currently taking a microbiology class and I thought about you tonight when my professors talked about all of the infectious microorganisms that can be found in a hot tub

I dont think I will ever be going in a public hot tub!! Its really like a microbacterial soup and when you get out you just have to hope you did not come away with anything that will start a really nasty skin infection or worse

Now that I was able to get that off my chest and tell another person about what I learned (be glad your not my sister, mother, or DH who has to hear me talk about parasitology and how I will never go into the Nile if I am in Egypt for fear of getting the parasites that pass through unbroken skin ).

On another note.....Loved your installment!
Old 06-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #150
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

tcob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzflee View Post
you parked where? Why?

and where exactly was this bar that had $2.50 coronas? We were there a couple of summers ago for a family reunion and missed out on that!
Suz, this bar is called the Beachcomber and it's right on the beach in the middle of ST. Augustine Beach . About a block north of the Holiday Inn and Comfort INN. You won't see it from A1A though, it's on a little side street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymoon_0307 View Post
I just found your TR and loving it. I'm sorry but I don't know who you are, have never heard of you before. But I look forward to hearing more from ya. You are a very intresting guy. You and your wife remind me of my soon to be inlaws. Keep it coming.
And even sooner to be "outlaws". Hey, new peep here. Welcome. And don't worry, I don't know me either,and didn't hear of me till last monday. Congrats on the upcoming ceremon. Just remember, marriage isn't a word. It's a SENTENCE!

Donald is #1; Welcome aboard, I think this is the first time I've seen you post on one my trips, though I've seen your name before. Yeah, I"m sure I have, it was usually preceeded by, "For a good time, call,,,,,"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzflee View Post
Thanks, I learn something here every day!

Smidgy, you're right about the leashes...I cringe when I see them on children so I can't imagine what they would look like on a spouse!

Loved the bubbles! That was a good one.
Yes, that sure was funny with the bubbles, wasn't it?
ha
ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmelinda View Post
Not saying anything...just sitting here.
Well, he finished!? I had my dollar on an equally loser-ish horse.

Ok, I'm going to try it again, this time with subtitles. You see, when they take a photo finish picture, it's right at the wire. The tip of the nose is what they go by. That is when you do NOT want the horse to look over at the camera and smile, it could cost,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh, never mind.

Good one! Did that guy really call you Diane's husband?

YesMelinda, he did.
All night. I called him MP for short.

Good stuff....I'll just wait right here til Thursday. K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay7979 View Post
Oh, oh, I'm falling behind again. I'd better comment on a couple episodes before jumping ahead to your most recent. First of all: This Old Spouse. . . Good one! I think you had better sign yourself up for HGTV's "Before and After" program where contractors come in and do a complete make-over. At the end of the show you barely recognize the original, out-of-date dwelling. In your case the contractors could come in and remodel your weather foot, install a couple new knees, and replace a few discs. Then you could do this: and even this: without looking like this:
Hey special K, I'm not really sure I want to do , or even
Can I just stick to and ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Frog View Post
Smidgy, I don't believe in leashes for husbands either. Those shock collars for dogs work so much better. If hubby wanders off in the store, just press the button and listen for the curse word.

Nebo, guess you were on target about the "not so friendly frog" comment.
Great, from leashes to shock collars. Does that mean we can throw away the handcuffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemouse View Post
"Hey who needs a Gidget when you have a "Smidgey?"" (Am trying to figure out how to do quotes).

Excellent answer Nebo!

You guys both look great.
Yes, that was a great answer, wasn't it?
Whew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUguyinCrew View Post
After reading these hilarious reports I had to post a lil' sumthin sumthin to say I cant wait for the next installment. I just stumbled on them today and had to stiffle a few laughs so people in my office dont think Im nuts (checking it out on my break...of course). I just drove that stretch of road on I40 not too long ago going to SC and at some points I think I could have gave the door of a semi a spit shine it was so close on those curves. There are probably still fingernail marks on the passenger side of the truck from my DW. You dont relax in the smokies on that road for many many miles and the tunnels just spice it up.

As for the Waffle Houses we counted them up per exit (but never ate at one) encountered all the way from KY to SC and (because I might as well be a pocket protector wearing, taped up glasses nerd) figured out they averaged a waffle house every 3.5 exits approximately over about 400 miles. There's a stretch there with 4 in a row should you crave it that often.

Anyway, cant wait for more trip report!
Hey, another new guy in the crew. Howdy.
Yes, the tunnels did "spice' things up. But tunnel spice is overated I think.
I was more concerned about becoming tunnel sauce. btw, it looks like we will be checking into Riverside on the same day.
PARRRRTEEEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabelle View Post
Great installment Nebo!

I loved when you called Lobster Man, Market Price.
Anabelle, you just wouldn't believe how burnt he was. He needed ice and he goes in the hot tub!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Who me?????
Smidgy, I had a good laugh over your "timing" with the button!
Yes, that sure was funny with the button timing.
ha
ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmun52 View Post
I am currently taking a microbiology class and I thought about you tonight when my professors talked about all of the infectious microorganisms that can be found in a hot tub

I dont think I will ever be going in a public hot tub!! Its really like a microbacterial soup and when you get out you just have to hope you did not come away with anything that will start a really nasty skin infection or worse

Now that I was able to get that off my chest and tell another person about what I learned (be glad your not my sister, mother, or DH who has to hear me talk about parasitology and how I will never go into the Nile if I am in Egypt for fear of getting the parasites that pass through unbroken skin ).

On another note.....Loved your installment!
Yep, I think I can say for all of us, sharing is highly overrated. I don't mean the germs in the tub, I mean the germ INFO on the blog. I'll bet you're a riot at an OLD COUNTRY BUFFET. To be honest, I would have thought that the high temperature would kill most germs, guess not , huh? (did you just hear everybody cringe knowing that she's going to answer this now?)

That's it for now, hope to see you all later

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: