Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #1
Iceguy
Mouseketeer

UPDATED 12/14 - Just got home at midnight last night

Good morning everyone! Here is my full trip report from the family vacation that just ended. The cast of characters includes DMIL (61), DSIL (37), DW (37), DN (8), DN (6), DS (4), DD (23 mos), and me (41).

I'll give a full overview first, and then break down into Theme Parks, Lodging and Dining. This is going to be a long one!

Overview

We arrived at the WL last Wednesday (12/5) at 9:30am. We had 2 rooms with our party of 8. As expected, our rooms were not ready so we got our theme park tickets, had our bags stored, and headed to the MK. Man, there is nothing like looking at your childs face when they see the castle for the first time.

After entering, the 4yo picked the first ride for everyone - the Haunted Mansion. WOW - the refurb was great with all the new additions and the updated sound system. From there we were able to very easily ride all the the other E-Ticket rides in the park with very little wait (all less than 10 minutes). I must say that this is the first time we have gone at this time of year and these lines were great compared to out usual summer visits. BTW - Baby Swap is a wonderful thing!

We returned to the WL at 7:00pm and were given our rooms (I'll detail in the Lodging section). After a very long day (started at 2:00 am ET), we were ready to get some sleep.

Thursday was spent in MGM. We got there 15 minutes before the park opened. Upon opening, we headed right down Sunset Blvd along with what seemed everyone else. We got FP for RnR and headed over to ToT. Within 20 minutes we were done both rides and could have done them again in the next 20 but decided to go see the Beauty and the Beast show. We had seen 4 For A Dollar before and loved seeing them again.

After that we went basically strolled the rest of the park very leisurely. We had no problems seeing The Muppets, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Lights, Action, Motors, The Power Rangers, the parade, and HSM Pep Rally (more to come on that later). After dinner at Mama Melrose's, we strolled through the Osborne Family Lights and made our way home. We saw and did everything we wanted to and were able to do so without large crowds. This was a nice day.

Friday was spent at DAK. At opening we headed straight to EE with what seemed, again, to be everyone at the rope. We were all excited to ride this attraction since we didn't get to in 2005. All but the 23 month old were able to ride and my DW and I used the Baby Swap. In the next 30 minutes the kids rode EE 6 times. They were literally able to walk off the ride and get right back on with a 2-3 minute wait. They loved it!

We then made our way to Dinoland and the Triceratop Spin so my 23 mo old could ride. While waiting in the queueing area, up walked the Dream Team! Everyone got Dream Fastpasses for the day and we couldn't have been happier! THANK YOU DREAM TEAM!!! Needless to say, we enjoyed the rest of the day at DAK and have some great memories for the scrap book!

More to come in a while...
The newest one - CR - Oct '08
Off Site - too many!

Last edited by Iceguy; 12-14-2007 at 10:45 AM. Reason: updated thread
Old 12-13-2007, 09:31 AM   #2
DisneyMissy318
DIS Veteran

Great Start! Thanks for sharing your trip!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2007, 12:42 PM   #3
Iceguy
Mouseketeer

Part 2

Saturday was my DN's birthday so we did what she wanted - MK. Again, we got to the park right before opening and there were no lines the first hour to hour and a half. We then made our way to Toon Town and got to see the Princesses and Goofy and Pluto. We finished our stay in Toon Town with a ride on GB. By this time, the MK was getting VERY crowded.

The afternoon was back to the E-tickets for all but me and my other DN - we went back to WL for the Cinderella dresses for my DD and my DN. As you could guess, we had dinner at CRT. This was a great time and enjoyed by all. After dinner we tried some more attractions and made it back to the WL around 10.

Sunday morning was spent at MK - at least for all but me and my DS. He woke up Sunday morning with a bad tummy and actually became ill. He was a trooper and went to the MK with us but as we were getting on SM he got sick again - all over him and also all over me. Needless to say, him and I went right back to the lodge for a bath and to get him some rest to try and fight off whatever the bug was. The rest of the family came back around 2 for a rest before heading over to EPCOT for the evening. The sleep did my DS good for he woke up feeling better and we all were able to make EPCOT.

We ate at the new Teppan Edo in Japan. The food was very good and the service was exceptional. After dinner, we went and stood for the Candlelight Processional. We stood outside the theater just to the left of center stage. Honestly, this was a great place to be and the show was amazing. After the show, I stayed with my DMIL and the rest of the family went back to the Lodge for some sleep.

Monday was spent back at EPCOT so we could enjoy Future World. At opening I went to Soarin' to get fast passes and the rest of the family headed to Nemo and Friends. When I got back from the fastpass machine my family met to say that Nemo was temporarilly closed so we went to Imagination and HISTA and then made our way to Nemo. After Nemo it was time for Soarin' and then lunch. After lunch we got to do something I was very much looking forward to the entire trip - BEVERLY. Yes, it is as bad as people say and I have pictures later to prove it!

The rest of the afternoon was spent watching Off Kilter, going on Test Track 3 times, taking pictures and the going to dinner at Le Cellier. What a great meal! After dinner I went back to the Lodge with my DD while the rest of the family went to MK.

Because the crowds were very nice on Tuesday, we were able to go back to DAK and enjoy EE 4 more times as well as The Festival of the Lion King. Camp Minnie-Mickey was also great to meet the characters. We then went back to WL for some rest before the MVMCP on Tuesday night. This was our first time there and we all enjoyed it very much. We were able to do many rides and attended most of the shows. Trust me, if you are going, go to the late parade because it is much less crowded.

Finally, Wednesday morning we went back to MGM to ride ToT and RnR a few more times before leaving. After that it was back to MK for our last few hours. We were met by a Dream Team member just as we went through the entrance and were gven another dream - private time with Cinderella. What a great way to end our trip!

After that it was back to the WL for DME back to the airport and our flight home!

Next up.....braking down the parks, the Lodge, and the Dining!
Off Site - too many!

Old 12-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

Just settling in to read up on your trip...can't wait for all the details!
Old 12-13-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
lucky978
Mouseketeer
Looks like there is hope for you now!
Signed, The Tag Fairy!

Great trip report! I can't believe I'm the first one to respond!

I can't wait to read more about the lodging and dining - and to see the pictures!!!

April, 2009 - POFQ
February, 2008 - POR
September, 2006 - 10th Anniv trip to WL
June, 2005 - POR
December, 2004 - Offsite house
April, 2004 - POFQ
October, 2003 and Sept. 1997 - Offsite houses
October, 1984 - Offsite @ Royal Plaza
Old 12-13-2007, 08:54 PM   #6
trivial
DIS Veteran

Nice report! Did you run into many MouseFesters? I'm glad things went so well for you.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:00 AM   #7
Iceguy
Mouseketeer

Part 3 ...The Breakdowns...

Theme Parks

As I noted earlier, the parks were great on weekdays, not too bad on Sunday, and packed on Saturday.

MK - Over the course of the week, we were able to ride all E-ticket attractions at least 8-10 times. We could have ridden more but even I was getting the roller coaster queezies. Our general rule of thumb was 30 minutes or less and we'd wait. Anything over 30 minutes and we'd come back or FP.

Fantasyland always seemed to be the most crowded with Peter Pan consistently posting 40-60 minute waits. We got in line early in the morning one day and still waited 10-15 minutes. That was the only time we rode PP.

Other than FL, the rest of the park was very comfortable. Even waiting to get pictures and autographs at the County Fair in TT was short.

TIP - The new "ice" lights on the castle are beautiful! We found a perfect spot to get pictures and that is on the path heading to Tomorrowland from the pack of the castle. Look for the wishing well and you'll have a great view!

MGM - We headed straight to RnR and ToT and got FP for one and rode the other. With Baby Swap we were able to ride both rides twice within a very short period of time.

Lights, Motors, Action was packed full so I suggest getting there early. They only had 2 shows on the day we were there so I guess this is why.

TIP - We planned our day to see the afternoon parade at 3 and then the HSM Pep Rally at 3:45. Prior to the parade I asked a cm where the best place to be to see both would be - and I'm glad I did. As you are looking at the Sorcerer's Hat (with GMR behind it), look for the gold parade line on the right hand side of the ground. Find the corner where in front of the hat and stand on the right hand side. During the parade you have it coming straight at you and then for HSM pep rally the CM's simply turn you towards the hat and you have a front row seat. My kids loved it!

Gotta run for now but will be back soon for DAK and Epcot...
Off Site - too many!

Old 12-14-2007, 07:06 AM   #8
Iceguy
Mouseketeer

Yes, I ran into several MouseFesters and actually introduced myself to Deb Wills who then introduced me to Anita Answer. They were both exceptionally nice people who spent several minutes talking with me.

I ALMOST FORGOT - At the Beauty and the Beast show at MGM I saw a big X taped to the step next to a row of seats. I did a dumb thing and sat in the row in front of the X. When the family came and sat down in that row a Dream Team member immediately came up to them asking them about their trip. Of course I listened. As they were talking, the DT member rwached into her back and started bring out a VIP log. As she did this she asked them if they were staying onsite and the family said no. At this point the DT member wished them a great vacation and put the VIP log away. Man I wish we sat in that row!
Off Site - too many!

Old 01-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #9
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

What a bummer that you just missed being recognized by the Dream Team Squad. Awesome that you were able to meet and chat with Deb Wills and Anita Answer though! How cool!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: