Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #31
klmall
DIS Veteran

DH and I were on our first trip without DS and even though it was Spring Break we were having a great time and enjoying ourselves. Since I am usually the family photographer I asked DH to carry the camera bag this trip and take pictures of me during the days, especially at Epcot which is DH's favorite park.

Near Ellen's Univ of Energy I sat down to rest; DH took my picture and started to walk away, talking the whole time. BUT when I got up I realized I had a tail.........a long gooooooeeeey tail of gum. It stretched at least 6 inches and DH had my camera bag with the wipes etc.!!!! And the whole time I'm admiring this mess, DH is still walking and out of range with the only cell phone.

So there I went walking down past Test Track, past heaven knows how many people who no doubt wondered why I was wearing an ugly, goooey tail of gum on my shorts!

I did eventually catch up with DH who had no idea that I had any problem! And I ended up buying a new pair of shorts at Mouse Gears. And no, there is no record of this lovely event!

~~~~~~~~~Bay Lake Tower, December 2014 !~~~~~~~~~
klmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #32
MARY-IN-OH
DIS Veteran

In December, my family was in line at Great Movie ride. We were outside the big entrance room, where they films are shown. There was a couple with a toddler. The mom was holding the toddler who had his head on his moms shoulder (so he was facing us and they weren't).

I pulled out my mega-pack of tic tacs, and offered them to the kids. This toddler whacked the tic tacs outta my hand! Dozens of tic tacs went flying everywhere! The mother turned around, looked at me and the mess she thought I made! We were so shocked this kid did this we didn't know what to say! I had a feeling she wouldn't have believed me if I told her that her son whacked them out of my hands - And the kid had no reaction to what he did either, kind of like it was just something to do..
Dec 98 ASMu- - March 04 Pop- - Dec 06 OKW/Pop- -Sept 07 POFQ- - Oct 07 ASMo - - May 08 Pop/OKW - - Jan09 SSR- -Sept 09 BWV- -Dec 09 ASMo/OKW - -June 10 Pop/BCV- -Sept 10 AKV Kidani - -MAY 20, 2011 SSR/AKV JAMBO - - SEPT 9, 2011 - CBR & BWV STD VIEW 2 NTS BCV 1BR, and 4 NTS BWV 1BR STD SEPT 16 to 22nd 2012 Feb 5-12, 2013 - 2 nts POR royal room & 5 nights SSR- - Sept 7-8, 2 nts CBR and Sept 9-14, 5 nts at BWV Std view- - - Upcoming: DEC 10 - 17, 2013 SPLIT STAY OKW/SSR w/DH
MARY-IN-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #33
Timon_n_Pumba
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv4Disney View Post
Well, I tried to grab some strangers hand thinking he was DF. Whoops! DF was laughing at me from behind.

Hopefully NOT in the men's room?!

Scott in MO

DW (38) DH (40[yikes!])
DS (10) DS (5) DS (2)
And, (1)
Timon_n_Pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:48 PM   #34
IluvDonald!
Mouseketeer

After a long, long day in AK, we headed to Epcot for the fireworks before heading back to POP. Needless to say, everybody on the bus was tired - so it was VERY quiet......

I asked our dd4 what her favorite part of the day was, and she loudly proclaimed "Mommy, I really liked the animal that was pooooooooooooping!"

OMG - I was so embarrassed!
IluvDonald! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:49 PM   #35
Amyg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007 View Post
My children reminded me of this the other day while we were talking to family members about our last vacation at WDW in June of 2005. We went with my best friend's family and had one of the best vacations we've ever had. On our last day (8th day) we went to Epcot. It was very hot that day and the park was crowded. Around 3:00 we had done everything we wanted to do and the lines were very long and no more fast passes were being given out. Because we had dinner reservations at 5:00 we did not want to go back to our resort. We decided to ride the monorail. At least it would be air conditioned and we could get off our feet for awhile. After about an hour and taking a little nap we got off and headed back to the Epcot entance gate. I was walking in a very exausted trance directly behind my husband not paying much attention to where he was going. To my surprise and to the surprise of 3 other men, I had followed my husband right into the men's room and right up to the urinal. I was so shocked, I just started screaming. It took a few seconds to even realize where I was. My husband had to push me back out the door. My children had watched me walk into the bathroom and were on the ground laughing by the time I came back out. They will never let me live it down.
That's so funny! Reminds me of when my DH went into ladies room at Knotts Berry Farm; I decided to go to restroom a bit later as well and found him washing his hands inside. I asked him why he was in the ladies room and he said "This is the MEN'S room" and I told him to look at the sign on the door. We had a good laugh for the next half hour.

Anyways...while in one of the shops in Disney, I was looking at some Tinkerbell salt/pepper shakers and didn't realize that the stool she sat on was NOT attached to Tink. As I picked up the stool, Tinkerbell wobbled and as she started to fall I tried to catch her. The bag I had on my arm hit the table and two others fell as well! As the three Tinkerbells fell to the floor, my then 5 year old exclaimed "My mommy did that!" Guess he wanted to make sure everyone knew that HE was not the one to blame. Boy was I red faced!
Amyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:56 PM   #36
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Ok ok I admit i have an embarrasing moment as well.

I must have been 12 or 13 and we were at ASMu browsing through the little gift shop. Back then those little backpacks were "IT" so I had one on. As I looked around and picked stuff I wanted to buy something else caught my attention and I turned around ... no problem execpt my backpack knocked down a souvenier plate which landed on the floor in million of tiny little pieces. I cried! I still have nightmares about that.

Many years later, at age 23, I was at Animal Kingdom getting our photopass CD. I was admiring the frames and joking around with a CM --- yep, you guessed it...as I was putting the frame down it fell. The CM actually went and got the manager and pointed to me and said "She did it!".....UGH! I was sooo embarrased I ended up buying a frame.

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; October 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; Nov 2015 - Disney Wonder;
Ana~n~Joseph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:34 PM   #37
Amyg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahboo View Post
My most embarassing moment happened at Typhoon Lagoon in 2005. Here's a copy from my blog about it:

I recently returned from a well deserved vacation. On my last day, we decided to go to a water park. I had never been to one before and I looked forward to the adreniline rush and refreshment of large pools of water.

Like most everything else in my life, I decided that I would just jump right in. I headed right to the big slide. They called it "Humunga Cowabunga" and I was certain I would soon know why.

As we headed toward the top, we passed the large crowd of people who waited at the bottom for their children or spouses. I assumed it was a sort of huddle of shame. The only reason to wait at the bottom was because you were too pansyassed to go down the slide. I'm fairly certain that it gave me a marginal ego boost to pass them as I headed for the stairs.

At the top of the slide, I took note of everything I should do. First, you sit in the slide, second you wait for the light to turn green and you cross your ankles while pulling yourself from the flat top down the slide which then promptly dropped about three stories, resulting in a 60mph plummet to the bottom.

The sliders before me screamed like they were taking a beating while they slid to the bottom.

As I started my slide, ankles crossed, I refused to scream. Instead I closed my eyes and thought "Dear God, what about this is supposed to be fun? It hurts like hell and at some point I'll have to come to a stop.. I forsee that being an excruciating experience."

Right about then my legs accidently uncrossed resulting in a record breaking wedgie. As I got to the bottom, I vowed to never do it again. I stood up and was so busy pulling my swimsuit out of my bum, I failed to notice that my top fell down.

The large crowd at the bottom didn't.
This is hilarious!

But I'd be MORTIFIED!!
Amyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:42 PM   #38
DebIreland
ಠvಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyseven View Post
The men got naked and then dressed. One guy was literally a foot from me and was completely naked taking his sweet time putting on his shirt, briefs, and pants. Of course I got an eye full when I opened my eyes and there was Mr. Brazil in all his glory just inches from me. I tried to act like it was no big deal and went back to closing my eyes.
OMG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyseven View Post
Needless to say, though I'll say it, men from Brazil are blessed.
Bwahahahaha!!! That last line pushed me right over the edge. Too funny!!

Grieving Angry Widow
DebIreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:04 PM   #39
DanceDanceGirl
Dancing Girl!

subsricibing. My mom is threatening to take me to the emergency room because I can not breathe from laughing so hard!

Living in a world of black and white doesn't have to be classified as boring.

"So if you care to find me, Look to the western sky! As someone told me lately: "Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!" And if I'm flying solo At least I'm flying free To those who'd ground me Take a message back from me Tell them how I am Defying gravity I'm flying high Defying gravity And soon I'll match them in renown And nobody in all of Oz No Wizard that there is or was Is ever gonna bring me down!"
DanceDanceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #40
marc1477
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceDanceGirl View Post
subsricibing. My mom is threatening to take me to the emergency room because I can not breathe from laughing so hard!

This is too good!

Bwahahaha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
marc1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:10 PM   #41
CdnDisneyFan
Tigger, he is oh so cute!
Talk about the Disney spirit!!

These are too funny, I'm subscribing as well!

Jules

WDW too many times to mention all offsite.
11-02 ASMO, first time onsite!!
Sept 17-24 2005, Candy Cane Inn
Nov 15-22, 2010 Pop Century with my bestest friend to celebrate my birthday and her unbirthday, and with free dining too, how can we complain!
CdnDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #42
Samar
DIS Veteran

I was at Epcot in 2001 with my step-mom, dad and sibs and there was this masked character guy (not Disney) in front of this statue. The guy had a flower and took pics with all of us (my step-mom, step-sis, sis and me) and we walked over to one of the shops. I backed a step up and stepped on someone. I turn to look back and there's the masked guy all up in my face holding out the rose to me and I screamed! Then I got all flustered as he gave me the rose, kissed my hand and walked away. Gee, I hope I was able to mumble a sorry and thanks

99- ASMu 00- Off 01- Off 03- Off (mom's house) 05-Off (mom's) 06- Off Dec/Jan 08- High Point World Resort and The Palms Hotel and Villas AKL-Jambo July, 2010 POR August 2012 Disney Dream- 1st cruise! Sept 2013
Samar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:02 PM   #43
emerymt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvDonald! View Post
After a long, long day in AK, we headed to Epcot for the fireworks before heading back to POP. Needless to say, everybody on the bus was tired - so it was VERY quiet......

I asked our dd4 what her favorite part of the day was, and she loudly proclaimed "Mommy, I really liked the animal that was pooooooooooooping!"

OMG - I was so embarrassed!
Classic! Although, it's only cute when it's someone else's kid....

When my nephew was about five, we had all just left Star Tours and he announced he COULD NOT HOLD IT ANYMORE. While my DSis & I were scanning maps for the nearest restroom, he took matters into his own hands (literally) and peed right into the bushes along the path that leads down from Tattooine Traders. I thought I would die laughing. My sister was mortified.

My daughter said, "Well, I guess he's not such a city kid after all."
Old 04-12-2007, 11:07 PM   #44
emerymt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post
Ok ok I admit i have an embarrasing moment as well.

I must have been 12 or 13 and we were at ASMu browsing through the little gift shop. Back then those little backpacks were "IT" so I had one on. As I looked around and picked stuff I wanted to buy something else caught my attention and I turned around ... no problem execpt my backpack knocked down a souvenier plate which landed on the floor in million of tiny little pieces. I cried! I still have nightmares about that.

Many years later, at age 23, I was at Animal Kingdom getting our photopass CD. I was admiring the frames and joking around with a CM --- yep, you guessed it...as I was putting the frame down it fell. The CM actually went and got the manager and pointed to me and said "She did it!".....UGH! I was sooo embarrased I ended up buying a frame.
How's that old saying go? .....I know! "A bull in a china shop!"
Old 04-13-2007, 02:13 AM   #45
QuirkyButterfly
DIS Veteran

These are great. I hope that when I go to WDW I see some of those Brazillian men
QuirkyButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: