Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #16
Tinkerbell424

I hum while reading a book
When I checked the bowl, they were missing...

Haha,Well this happened when I was little but it is still funny to all of us.

When I was like 4 or 5 I went to the MK with my mom,grandma,brother and sister.My mom was using a wheelchair and it was evening time.You know how some part's near the Castle have like hills?Well my sister,13 at the time, was pushing my mom along and decided it would be funny to push her really hard and let go..My mom went downt he hill with my brother in her lap.She pushed my brother out so he wouldn't get hurt. She had to go to the Medical Clinic there.All I remember is british people and stickers.But she was alright

It's really funny because my sister is 23 now and she still isn't allowed to push my mom in a wheelchair lol.

"This is impossible."
"Only if you believe it is."
Tinkerbell424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #17
Camicar
DIS Veteran

On our very first trip to WDW in Spring 1972, my mother and one of the Seven Dwarves (Sneezy, I think) bumped into each other. Hard.

We were coming around the Castle from opposite directions. My mom was looking off to one side and Sneezy was apparently looking the other way. All of a sudden: BUMP! My mom and Sneezy literally bounce off each other, stumble back, right themselves and just stare at each other. My mother was bright red with embarrassment. My sister and I were in tears of laughter and I still refer to it as "The Day my mom nearly knocked over Sneezy."
Camicar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #18
experiment_627
DIS Veteran

My swimsuit came completely unzipped catching a wave at Typhoon Lagoon. I think I got it zipped up before anyone had a chance to notice (while I was still underwater), but I sure got a nose and mouthful in the process.
May 2009 - DIS Unplugged Podcast Cruise

experiment_627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:15 PM   #19
mommyseven
I loved just floating on the lazy river
I Love Rats! ~ Don't ask, long story

My moment happened at Blizzard Beach. It was a relatively warm day when it started to rain. The rain really made me chilled, so while DH and the kiddies continued to play I went off to find a dry chair and wrap up in a towel to get warm.

After a while a group of Brazillians came up to get ready to leave. I believe this group consisted of three families total. I was sitting on the edge of the area and they had the rest, about four lounge chairs.

I tried not to watch them but it was either look over that way or stare at a bush. Some of the time I just closed my eyes and rested and other times I glanced over.

They were changing the little ones' clothes. Having little ones run naked while getting dressed doesn't bother me. The moms sort of put their clothes on over their bikinis. However, the gentlemen were a different story.

The men got naked and then dressed. One guy was literally a foot from me and was completely naked taking his sweet time putting on his shirt, briefs, and pants. Of course I got an eye full when I opened my eyes and there was Mr. Brazil in all his glory just inches from me. I tried to act like it was no big deal and went back to closing my eyes.

I mention where they are from simply because this may be how they do things over there. I didn't say anything because it was just me and they probably did what they would have done anway.

Even though he was the one naked next to me I was the one embarrassed. Needless to say, though I'll say it, men from Brazil are blessed.

Nammy to Two:

Most recent stay was: WL CL end of April 07 - our 24th WDW visit.
mommyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:40 PM   #20
tglenn45
Mouseketeer

not funny but yes embarassing - my son forgot how to swim but nobody knew it until he was sinking at the bottom of the slide at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. i was running from the stairs of the slide around to the bottom of the slide when a life guard jumped in and pulled him out. i felt horrible and wanted to hide.
tglenn45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:20 PM   #21
peel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyseven View Post
Needless to say, though I'll say it, men from Brazil are blessed.

peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #22
Luv4Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyseven View Post
My moment happened at Blizzard Beach. It was a relatively warm day when it started to rain. The rain really made me chilled, so while DH and the kiddies continued to play I went off to find a dry chair and wrap up in a towel to get warm.

After a while a group of Brazillians came up to get ready to leave. I believe this group consisted of three families total. I was sitting on the edge of the area and they had the rest, about four lounge chairs.

I tried not to watch them but it was either look over that way or stare at a bush. Some of the time I just closed my eyes and rested and other times I glanced over.

They were changing the little ones' clothes. Having little ones run naked while getting dressed doesn't bother me. The moms sort of put their clothes on over their bikinis. However, the gentlemen were a different story.

The men got naked and then dressed. One guy was literally a foot from me and was completely naked taking his sweet time putting on his shirt, briefs, and pants. Of course I got an eye full when I opened my eyes and there was Mr. Brazil in all his glory just inches from me. I tried to act like it was no big deal and went back to closing my eyes.

I mention where they are from simply because this may be how they do things over there. I didn't say anything because it was just me and they probably did what they would have done anway.

Even though he was the one naked next to me I was the one embarrassed. Needless to say, though I'll say it, men from Brazil are blessed.
I think I would die.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:34 PM   #23
cinder1
Mouseketeer

When my youngest was 5 mths, I decided she and I would ride the train at MK all the way around so I could nurse her and she could rest. We sat in the back on a seat by ourselves. Well, she fell asleep, which was the goal, so when we arrived at the station where we left our stroller (Toon Town as I remember it) and were to meet DH and older kids, I was trying not to wake her. I noticed the conductor giving some women a helping hand as they stepped down and was looking forward to the help myself. But he stopped before he got to me, looked at me and turned around and went back to the front of the train. So I stepped down alone thinking, geez, if anyone looked like they needed a hand, it was me. Well, DH and the other kids weren't there yet so I went to sit on a nearby bench to wait. It was then that I realized my shirt was still hiked up and my nursing bra still undone and I was as exposed as I could be. When DH got there a couple of minutes later, I had fixed the situation but was so embarassed. He thought the whole story was hilarious!!
cinder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #24
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

wow,, these are totally making me LOL!!!
you guys are crazy.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #25
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

These stories are hilarious

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - GFV, Disney Dream w/ BFF & BWV; Jan 2015 - WLV; August 2015 - Disney Fantasy
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #26
rsquare
Earning My Ears

DW and I went to WDW last year with some friends and their DD6. To give our friends a romantic evening out, we took DD6 to the parks. We went to the Little Mermaid show at MGM and we started playing with the CM in the waiting area. He was juggling and tossed the balls to me and I started juggling. "Your daddy juggles pretty good, doesn't he?" said the CM to DD6. Whereupon she says "HE'S NOT MY DADDY! AND SHE'S NOT MY MOMMY!" for the benefit of the CM and 20-30 other guests and thier kids. I really don't think anyone really believed us when we tried to explain the situation. I was trying desprately to think of how to get in touch with the real parents if security did show up.
rsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:25 PM   #27
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvgoing2disney View Post
I've never gone on a behind the scenes tour, but I've always been curious as to what we don't see, just the same.

A few trips back, we had walked through the castle and off to the right was Bert and some penguins. While our son was in line for autographs and photographs, I noticed a door just opposite that would lead, I presumed, behind Snow White and Pooh. I opened the door and walking down a hallway was Mary Poppins, coming to join Bert. I don't know who was more surprised--she or I. I mumbled something like "I was just curious as to what was back here." and quickly closed the door. When she came out a second later, she looked at me with a smile on her face but not in her voice, and said, "Please do not EVER do that again."

To this day, we speak of the day that I was fussed at by Mary Poppins.
Just curious, but why did you go backstage (or open the door to backstage)?
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:37 PM   #28
disneypartyof4
Mouseketeer

We went to blizzard beach last year and me and DH went on the summit plummit the TALL water slide. Well I had the camera with me hooked to my bathing suit strap, DH wanted to take pictues from the top so I give him the camera, before he goes down he just put it his pocket of his suit. I watch him go down, Oh crap then it is my turn I go down and at the bottom there is DH getting his suit picked out of his butt! He turns around and I look down and there is the camera sticking straight out in his pocket, I busted out laughing and asked if he was happy to see me. It was soooooo funny I could see the other people and CM laughing. He turned beet red!
2007 August Pop
2008 August Universal & Disney cruise
2009 July Birthday trip All Star Sports
2010 Aug. All Star Sports
2011 Aug. All Star Sports With Brother & Family
disneypartyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:37 PM   #29
Cass
www.casshew.com

Most embarrassing, well, a few days before our 2 week trip to the world a note came home from school that there was a confirmed case of lice in the class and to check your kid thoroughly.

I went through DD's hair, everything was fine, I picked up some lice treatment to pack just in case. Well you can guess what happened, a week or so later we are in the pool at BC and her wet hair is plastered to her head from swimming and in the sunlight I see a 'movement'

Oh. Mah. Gawd.

I look closer and I see 'things' and I am totally freaked out, most because I am sharing a room with her!!!! I've never dealt with lice before and was freaked to see it on my child.

I drag her up to the room, and get out the treatment, it said to use a half bottle - I used the whole thing! had her sitting with it under the shower cap on the balcony for 45 minutes. Meanwhile the embarassing part, calling Housekeeping and telling them I need all new bedding, pillows, blankets etc... for both beds, just in case and explaining what happened - I felt like such a loser Mom and the housekeeper didn't look too impressed with me either!!

New hair brushes, I threw out all her scrunchies, bagged her worn clothes and threw it all out. Bought new tee shirts etc...

My sincere apologies to whomever slept in DD's bed next
Cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:00 PM   #30
disneyaggie
DIS Veteran

Just when I thought I was ready to adopt a child . . . well, let's just say that after I have read some of these doozies, I think I will just adopt another dog instead.

disneyaggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: