Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2014, 11:21 PM   #1
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

wdw to universal for a day

we have a ten day stay at Disney and I want to spend a day with a two park pass at universal. we have no car so my question is to anyone who has done this.
whats the best way to get from wdw to universal, how did you do it. rent a car, take a taxi, use a bus? and is there any incentive to buy tickiets from anyone before hand?
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:41 PM   #2
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
we have a ten day stay at Disney and I want to spend a day with a two park pass at universal. we have no car so my question is to anyone who has done this.
whats the best way to get from wdw to universal, how did you do it. rent a car, take a taxi, use a bus? and is there any incentive to buy tickiets from anyone before hand?
Dreams unlimited has a ticket option (costs the same as buying from universal) but includes transfers from your WDW hotel. We used it on our last trip and it was perfect!! Also, the tickets somehow are coded to be the early entry tickets so we got to go into HP an hour early with the on site people!!

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/

Pre Trip Report
Photobooks/TR linked below
May 2010 POP(Photobook); January 2011 ASMu (TR); January 2012 POP(Photobook)
AprilRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2014, 03:57 AM   #3
jon18uk
Mouseketeer

If there is only a small number of people then use a Mears shuttle bus, around $15 per person. If there is a larger number then booking a private town car for the group may work out better value. Either way, call Mears transportation.
jon18uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:15 AM   #4
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRenee View Post
Dreams unlimited has a ticket option (costs the same as buying from universal) but includes transfers from your WDW hotel. We used it on our last trip and it was perfect!! Also, the tickets somehow are coded to be the early entry tickets so we got to go into HP an hour early with the on site people!!

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/
i had seen this but wondered what time you were picked up. do you get to choose or do they do it for you? what about on the way home? if you have a minute i would love to hear your experience with it.

it will only be me going so private transportation, other than maybe taxi, would probably not be cost worthy.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:25 AM   #5
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerone View Post
i had seen this but wondered what time you were picked up. do you get to choose or do they do it for you? what about on the way home? if you have a minute i would love to hear your experience with it. it will only be me going so private transportation, other than maybe taxi, would probably not be cost worthy.
I was able to choose my morning pick up time from several options (like 7, 8, 9, or 10) can't remember exactly what times they were.
Also, they just needed 24 hr notice so I didn't even have to schedule a certain day until I was down there if I didn't want to. (We went the first day of our trip so I scheduled it further in advance than 24 hrs)

And then in the parks I just had to call the number I was given about 3 hrs before I wanted to leave and tell them what time I wanted to head back. There was a bus every hour or so and I would just say the time and they'd schedule me on that bus. It was very easy and fit with my schedule!

And then when they came to the hotel I just met them in front like where you meet magical express. And then leaving the parks you go back to the bus parking where they dropped you off.

Pre Trip Report
Old 08-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #6
Tink1017
Earning My Ears

I saw that you said the tickets were valid for early entry?? Is this true even since Diagonal Alley opening? That would make it an easy decision to use dreamsunlimited!
Tink1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:33 AM   #7
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1017 View Post
I saw that you said the tickets were valid for early entry?? Is this true even since Diagonal Alley opening? That would make it an easy decision to use dreamsunlimited!
They definitely worked when we went in 2012. I didn't try it in our first day but when we were leaving I asked a gate person if they would work for early entry, she took our ticket to a manager and he said that it had the right code on the back and would work the next day. So we got there early and walked right in no problem on our second day.
Maybe do a quick dis search and see if anyone has tried it since diagon alley opened.

Pre Trip Report
Old 08-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #8
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRenee View Post
I was able to choose my morning pick up time from several options (like 7, 8, 9, or 10) can't remember exactly what times they were.
Also, they just needed 24 hr notice so I didn't even have to schedule a certain day until I was down there if I didn't want to. (We went the first day of our trip so I scheduled it further in advance than 24 hrs)

And then in the parks I just had to call the number I was given about 3 hrs before I wanted to leave and tell them what time I wanted to head back. There was a bus every hour or so and I would just say the time and they'd schedule me on that bus. It was very easy and fit with my schedule!

And then when they came to the hotel I just met them in front like where you meet magical express. And then leaving the parks you go back to the bus parking where they dropped you off.
awesome information, made my decision easy. if you think of anything else that may be informative, would love to hear.
thanks again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: