Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2007, 08:45 AM   #61
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Awesome pictures! I'll be here in September and I'm still not sure if it was a wise decision

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Nicole786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:18 AM   #62
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Thanks for the pics! They got me excited for my trip! I'm missing WL very much!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #63
MBELSANTI
Mama Mia, Mangia Mangia!!

Wow!

What great pics you take!! Love them! I can't wait to see it all in person next month!!

Swan 06/12; SSR 08/09;1st Trip Home! VWL 2/08; BCV/ BWV/Pop 08/08; Christmas/NYE BWV 12/08; Wilderness Lodge 7 Night Trip w/PP Party 8/07;
Magic 7 Day Cruise to 3 C's Including 2 stops to CC!!! 8/06;POP 8/04, 2/08, 8/08, 12/08;
Wonder 10/01,10/00,10/99;CBR 10/99; ASSports 10/01,10/00,9/99,9/97; Offsite 83; Contemporary 81,77,76,74,73,72
MBELSANTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:12 PM   #64
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

The view from up high....

Bear totem

The Lobby

The Flag

Totem & Chandelier

Totem Close-up

The Fireplace

Whispering Canyon

Reservation Desk

Last edited by ehagerty; 07-20-2007 at 08:36 PM.
ehagerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:18 PM   #65
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

The view out front.....

Buffalo Topiary

Entrance into Lobby

Landscaping

Walkway

Vegetation

Old 07-09-2007, 08:22 PM   #66
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Chandelier

Two favorites this trip:

Old 07-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #67
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

The view at ground level....

A headdress

Wall Lamp

Table & Chairs

Reservation Desk

Mickey in the rug

Fireplace

Old 07-09-2007, 08:33 PM   #68
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Nooks & Crannies (redux)

Old 07-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #69
babybunrab
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBELSANTI View Post
What great pics you take!! Love them! I can't wait to see it all in person next month!!
me Too!
Iron Horse half marathon 2005
Burlington City Marthon, 2010
babybunrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #70
dsquarednz
Mouseketeer

subscribing! =)
Old 01-28-2008, 06:46 AM   #71
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Love your photos and love, love, love the WL! Especially that grand lobby! How can anything so huge and majestic be so warm and welcoming at the same time? It's my new favorite resort, and I've stayed at several of the deluxes, including the GF.
OP, were you staying in a 2 BR villa? I am currently checking out that possibility for a large family group. I would love to learn how to rent DVC points. Never tried before. It sounds more affordable.
Count me in as a WL "groupie"!!

grannyminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #72
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reminder....

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Love your photos and love, love, love the WL! Especially that grand lobby! How can anything so huge and majestic be so warm and welcoming at the same time? It's my new favorite resort, and I've stayed at several of the deluxes, including the GF.
OP, were you staying in a 2 BR villa? I am currently checking out that possibility for a large family group. I would love to learn how to rent DVC points. Never tried before. It sounds more affordable.
Count me in as a WL "groupie"!!
Thanks to your note/update, I just remembered - I need to remap these pictures to a new URL before SONY Imagestation shuts down for good (couple of weeks).

It is our all-around favorite resort, too. Although we rotate among all the DVCs (for example, next trip will be 2 days WL - weekend unplanned - 5 days BWV - weekend unplanned - 5 days SSR).

We have stayed in studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom (basically a one-bedroom, studio combined). The most economical approach is a series of studios (then you are not "paying" for washer-dryer and kitchen - unless those amenities are valuable to you). There is a lot to be said for family time around the common areas, too (the case for 2 bedroom).

I recommend you lurk through the DVC threads - there is one dedicated to those looking to rent points. There is plenty of information there to digest.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:24 AM   #73
valley526
Earning My Ears

Wink Wl For Our Family !!

WE WERE ORIGINALLY BOOKED AT PO, THEN AFTER WE HAD SEEN THE TRAVEL CHANNEL ONE NITE. MY HUSBAND SUGGESTED THAT I CHECK ON THE PRICE DIFFERENCE. WELL NEEDLESS TO SAY AFTER HEARING WHAT OUR AAA TRAVEL AGENT HAD TO SAY. WE KNEW IT WAS FOR US. WE ARE FROM OHIO. JUST THE FEEL , AND THE LOOK OF THE LODGE WAS MORE HOMEY .
YOUR PICS EVEN MAKES ME MORE EXCITED! THIS IS OUR FIRST TIME AT WD, I FIGURE WE MIGHT AS WELL DO IT UP RIGHT. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MAY COME , OR HAPPEN IN LIFE. THIS MAY BE A ONCE IN LIFETIME VACATION . YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY! yOU ONLY LIVE ONCE. ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY. I FEEL SO FORTUNATE, AS WE ONLY HAVE 9 DAY LEFT! I CANNOT WAIT TO POST OUR VACATION, AND TELL EVERYONE THAT WE FELT THE MAGIC!
valley526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:30 PM   #74
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

I know that "once in a lifetime" vacation feeling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by valley526 View Post

WE WERE ORIGINALLY BOOKED AT PO, THEN AFTER WE HAD SEEN THE TRAVEL CHANNEL ONE NITE. MY HUSBAND SUGGESTED THAT I CHECK ON THE PRICE DIFFERENCE. WELL NEEDLESS TO SAY AFTER HEARING WHAT OUR AAA TRAVEL AGENT HAD TO SAY. WE KNEW IT WAS FOR US. WE ARE FROM OHIO. JUST THE FEEL , AND THE LOOK OF THE LODGE WAS MORE HOMEY .
YOUR PICS EVEN MAKES ME MORE EXCITED! THIS IS OUR FIRST TIME AT WD, I FIGURE WE MIGHT AS WELL DO IT UP RIGHT. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MAY COME , OR HAPPEN IN LIFE. THIS MAY BE A ONCE IN LIFETIME VACATION . YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY! yOU ONLY LIVE ONCE. ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY. I FEEL SO FORTUNATE, AS WE ONLY HAVE 9 DAY LEFT! I CANNOT WAIT TO POST OUR VACATION, AND TELL EVERYONE THAT WE FELT THE MAGIC!
About that "once in a lifetime" thing - I remember it well - it all starts out that way. It doesn't even last through the vacation. It hits different people at different times. Most of us, it occurs around the day before check-out - when you realize that you need to start planning the next one, just to relieve the sadness of this one ending.....

I warn everyone - that "once in a lifetime" turns quickly into "the annual Disney vacation" - and shortly after that, "I wonder what DING is doing this weekend"......

For us, 1990 was "one week at the CBR", followed the next year with "one week at the POFQ" - next year, 9 days at the YC, and a tour of DVC - bought in - started going 2x a year - started getting annual pass every third year.

Last year, it was
- Jan - 5 days OKW (with son)
- Mar - 2 days with parents (add on to company trip)
- Jun - 16 days with family (and friends)
- Oct - DVC member cruise and long weekend for Martial Arts festival

Anyway, I certainly hope you enjoy your stay - and please, do, post your pictures and reports!!

Old 02-01-2008, 06:43 AM   #75
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Who needs to post their pix when you've done so, and such beautiful shots!!!!
Thanks for your comments. I shall lurk on the DVC thread and see what I can come up with.

grannyminnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: