Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 12:52 PM   #106
greeneyedchic75
butter my butt and call me a biscuit

Location: Stationed at Ft Bragg , NC 82nd Airborne Division home state is Florida

Thanks everyone for posting so much helpful info and beautiful pictures. My daughter and I enjoyed looking at all the post together. She has an appt in March to go to BBB for her birthday and is so excited
Dec 8-19th 2007 going to WDW to celebrate him being home from Iraq and our 12th Wedding Anniversary Pop
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1808983
Previous Photo trip reports http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1517194
April 6th to April 8th 2008Shades of Green. DD presurgery trip we promised her
Dec15-19th 2008 OKW
Old 02-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #107
QueenT
Mouseketeer

Anybody have experience w/ BBB for black girls' hair?

I did notice what looked like an black stylist in one of the pics on this thread. The hair products & styling techniques would be different. I would like to schedule this for dd12 when we go in august for her 13th bd, I think she would enjoy it, but I don't want her hair ruined in the process.

FW Cabins Mar 2007, FW Cabins Aug 2007, FW Cabins Oct 2006, Disneyland July 2005, BWV Mar 2001, OKW/Swan Oct 2000, plus offsite for part of most trips, Also DL in 68, 75, 76, 79, 81, 93.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #108
cancer_survivor_06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenT View Post

I did notice what looked like an black stylist in one of the pics on this thread. The hair products & styling techniques would be different. I would like to schedule this for dd12 when we go in august for her 13th bd, I think she would enjoy it, but I don't want her hair ruined in the process.
How would you want her hair done in the classic princess or the diva princess.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #109
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenT View Post

She did my DD's hair! She did a great job too!

I'm sure you could call and ask and they'd tell you. But maybe you could take some of your own hair products for them to use?

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
Old 02-08-2007, 10:44 PM   #110
princess~yo
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone. LOVE all of the pictures, what sweet princesses! I plan on bringin my dd5's Cindy dress, but dd9 doesn't have ANY princess dresses at all right now. We are seriously pinching pennies to do BBB so not wanting to do the big package. Has anyone else done princess-y dresses that aren't Disney princesses? I wouldn't want her to have to go in just shorts and a tshirt when her little sis gets to dress up, kwim?

Just wondering if she'd be the only person in the World that's not an official 'princess'.

Off to search ebay and disneyshopping for some sales on larger princess dresses......

March 17-22, 2007 Sistafriends Take On The World! Trip Report with Pics Pre-Trip Report
me dd11 dd6 goofys bud tam poohchik
Old 02-08-2007, 11:50 PM   #111
cancer_survivor_06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess~yo View Post
Hey everyone. LOVE all of the pictures, what sweet princesses! I plan on bringin my dd5's Cindy dress, but dd9 doesn't have ANY princess dresses at all right now. We are seriously pinching pennies to do BBB so not wanting to do the big package. Has anyone else done princess-y dresses that aren't Disney princesses? I wouldn't want her to have to go in just shorts and a tshirt when her little sis gets to dress up, kwim?

Just wondering if she'd be the only person in the World that's not an official 'princess'.

Off to search ebay and disneyshopping for some sales on larger princess dresses......
Your DD9 can go anyway she wants to. If she does want princess dress you might want to check out disneyoutlet.com they still have halloween dresses from last year for 14 or 16.99. You might also want to checkout ebay I have seen many costumes for WDW listed or even from the store during halloween I purchased a snow white that was from the disney store a previous year for 9.50 and the shipping was only 5 dollars.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:17 AM   #112
Lindy Loo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hey my DD didnt wear a princess dress, it wasnt practical for what we were doing the rest of the day. She chose to wear a Ariel t shirt, and it was fine. In fact another girl wanted to change out of her dress straight after the make over, as it was too itchy! ....... guess its better to bring your own "worn in" "non itchy" dress

Heres my DD. Remember try and see what your dd wants to wear. At 9 she might be abit too old for Princess dresses etc but be keen to have her hair and make up done. This is the disco diva make over and included a very good quality hair extension.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:21 AM   #113
Lindy Loo
DIS Veteran

Perhaps its cool the younger DD has the princess make over and big sister has the Disney diva or disco diva make over.

JMHO and I guess I might get flamed for this, but we saw some older kids perhaps 11 t0 13 yrs old who didnt look that "cute" in princess dresses and hair in buns etc. I do think the princess make over is much more for the smaller girls.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy. Im sure what ever you do your girls will appreciate how much you have to plan to save the money for all the holiday and treats.

PS We did basic package and I painted her nails myself the day before. That will help save a few $'s. if need be. We did it *** she sucks her finger when asleep, and I was worried the stick on ones might choke her, if they came off.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:45 AM   #114
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy Loo View Post
Perhaps its cool the younger DD has the princess make over and big sister has the Disney diva or disco diva make over.

JMHO and I guess I might get flamed for this, but we saw some older kids perhaps 11 t0 13 yrs old who didnt look that "cute" in princess dresses and hair in buns etc. I do think the princess make over is much more for the smaller girls.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy. Im sure what ever you do your girls will appreciate how much you have to plan to save the money for all the holiday and treats.

PS We did basic package and I painted her nails myself the day before. That will help save a few $'s. if need be. We did it *** she sucks her finger when asleep, and I was worried the stick on ones might choke her, if they came off.
My girls are 14 and 16 and are having this done in June and can't wait....it's fun for them to get away from school and go to Disney and be a "little girl" again.

they aren't going to be wearing princess dresses, but we are having dinner with Cinderella that night and they are very excited
Old 02-09-2007, 08:47 AM   #115
december
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I clicked on the link to mydressuptrunk.com that someone posted earlier in this thread. They said the dresses are good quality and not itchy, and they are only $20. I'm trying to talk my daughter into not wearing a dress, but she really wants the blue Cinderella one. We are going to BBB to celebrate her 8th birthday, so if she wants to be Cinderella, she'll get to be Cinderella!

We aren't going until Nov, so I bookmarked the site and will order the dress in the fall (if she doesn't change her mind!). Then we can get Halloween and BBB out of it.

I'm just planning the Coach package. She'll wear the dress, I might order gloves also (5.99), and I'm planning on buying new disney crocs before the trip. The crown comes with the package ( I like the small crowns better!). We'll put the pics on photopass. I would end up toting the wand and other accessories anyway, and the shoes probably wouldn't do for the parks. I think this is the way to go for us.

Last edited by december; 02-09-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:07 AM   #116
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

I want to book this for our daughter (3 1/2) for our upcoming trip. I know our son who is 6 will be jealous of her pampering so I was considering the cool dude package for him. How is this? Has anyone done it? Any pics?
Thanks!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 02-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #117
GoofyGirlnPrincessV
<insert funny, witty, goofy, quirky or just plain corny tag here>

Post #94 has pics

Post #94 has pics

DH, DS(15), DD(5)
Off property 1979 1984 4-00, 5-07,
ASMo 3-05
POFQ 2-03, 5-05, 10-05, 12-05, 5-06m 10-08 (hopefully)
Dolphin 5-95 7-98,
POP 6-07
Old 02-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #118
rolshuk
Mouseketeer

Subing so I can show DD these fantastic photos!
Old 02-19-2007, 06:06 PM   #119
steffali
DIS Veteran

Ok everyone I saw plenty of adults in the parks with Mickey heads, glitter and color extensions in their hair is this where they got it done or is there some where else ???
Old 02-19-2007, 06:45 PM   #120
mamalle
DIS Veteran

cute pics. I think I may just try and get dd in for a appt on 3/2/07. I just got her the wedding cinderella dress to wear at the P&P Party that night..
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: