Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #46
Lesley
DIS Veteran

I think I may take my girls in December. I would put out a word of warning on the dresses at WDW- the ones I purchased in the last year or two have fallen apart very quickly. The older ones we had held up a bit longer. I did notice that the dresses look different again, so hopefully the quality has improved.

Our most recent dress I purchased from Little Dress Up Shop, that I found here on the DIS, but the dresses look the same as the ones in the earlier link in this thread and appear to be slightly less expensive there. I am very pleased with the dress. It isn't as poufy as the Disney ones (but you can get a fullness slip) but the fabric is nicer and holds up much better, as well as not being scratchy.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:53 PM   #47
prfctlyximprfct
DIS Veteran

I wish I was little! I would be in heaven!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2007, 01:02 PM   #48
december
DIS Veteran

We are definitely doing this in November. I know you can book 180 days out, but do they do the 180 + 10 like the dining reservations. We are going for 10 days at Thanksgiving, and I'd like to make all the reservations on the same day if possible.

And did I read this right: Can you get nail polish on natural nails for the $35 package-you just don't get to keep the polish?
Old 01-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #49
cancer_survivor_06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
We are definitely doing this in November. I know you can book 180 days out, but do they do the 180 + 10 like the dining reservations. We are going for 10 days at Thanksgiving, and I'd like to make all the reservations on the same day if possible.

And did I read this right: Can you get nail polish on natural nails for the $35 package-you just don't get to keep the polish?
As far as booking I believe it is just the 180 days but you can always ask when you call. Yes the nail polish they put on is clear pink with glitter in it they put it on for each package.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:43 PM   #50
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Ok I have had problems with my phone today like it would not dial my car payment place but my husbands would so maybe that is it. I called the number this afternoon to book and I got a this is no longer in service. Did anyone else have that problem with that number? Or is my phone being special?
Old 01-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #51
polkadotminnie
I still like the idea of a glass slipper
I'd love a Mickey bar right now!
It would be great fun to grant pixie dust to an unsuspecting family

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post

I just booked 3 days ago for March 9th and I had my choice of times to pick from.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #52
cancer_survivor_06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_mckenna View Post
Did anyone else have that problem with that number? Or is my phone being special?
If you are calling from your cell phone leave off the number for the letter E.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:14 AM   #53
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Ya I booked today! We will be going July 30th :D. It is the day we arrive but I thought since it is going to be so hot we might as well do the boutique the first day we get there. I booked the crown for both myself and my 13 year old DD . Also booked DS for the boys "cool dude" do, had not seen that mentioned we were quoted a price of 10.00. Now off to figure out how to get from AKL to DTD lol
Old 02-01-2007, 01:18 PM   #54
kahliasmom
Mouseketeer

Cancer survivor 06,

Thank you for creating this thread. I am hoping to take my little princess, 5the first day we get there on Saturday. We have ADR's for CRT on Sunday for lunch and it would be nice if she could go all done up. I have a princess dress that I bought for my daughter after the post-Halloween markdowns. It is a yellow dress with crinolins and all. Very pretty. I think with the yellow dress she should be done up like Belle. Can anyone tell me if I get the mid-priced package, will the hair and make-up last until the next day? I'll just make sure I bathe her carefully. I think I read that it does last. I want to get to MK for the park opening on Sunday so it seems like the only time to go will be on Saturday. Has anyone's DD wore her dress to the park and gone on the rides?

Also can you please tell me what the photopass is. Should I get one beforehand or can I get one at the boutique? I don't want to get the $188 package but would like to get pictures, so what is the best way to do that?
Thanks.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:27 PM   #55
lochy691
Earning My Ears

Hi there,

The hair do lasts for about 2 days (as long as there is no swimming!!) so getting it done on the saturday will be fine. Her makeup will come off but they give you the same make up palate to take home so you can just recreate it on sunday morning.

Wearing your own dress is fine and yes some girls do wear theirs all day on the rides but my DD finds it a bit of a pain after a while so she changes after the meal.

You can take all the photos and video you want during the make over so a photopass is probably not necessary.

Have fun.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:42 PM   #56
kahliasmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochy691 View Post

The hair do lasts for about 2 days (as long as there is no swimming!!) so getting it done on the saturday will be fine. Her makeup will come off but they give you the same make up palate to take home so you can just recreate it on sunday morning.

Wearing your own dress is fine and yes some girls do wear theirs all day on the rides but my DD finds it a bit of a pain after a while so she changes after the meal.
Thanks for your quick reply. DD might find it a pain to wear the dress all day. We are going to the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue for dinner and I have a cute little cowgirl outfit for her to wear. I'll get a locker so she can make her 'costume change' if we don't end up going back to the hotel in the afternoon. I can't wait until we get there!!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #57
curiouser
Keep believing, keep pretending...

Can I share my photos as well? Big Princess here who had a blast at BBB!! It was such a great value for the Coach package and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Confession: I still wear my tiara out sometimes!!

There was a boatload of hairspray in my hair. My 'do wasn't going anywhere. I really enjoyed the fact that gave you your make-up pallete and comb. Its a fantastic detangling comb and the colors on the pallete are quite fun!!

The tiara metal is kind of cheap quality, so be careful packing it. Mine got bent on the flight home but it did bend right back into shape easily.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:19 PM   #58
MamaOfTwoPrincesses
MNSSHP October 2008

Yes, dd's hair stayed in for 2 days. It wasn't going anywhere!! She ended up wearing princess dresses for 2.5 full days at the parks!

Day 1

bedtime

Day 2 - still going strong!

*July 2014 (Kidani) First WDW trip as DVC members! SURPRISE TRIP to celebrate DD's 9th birthday!
*April 2013 (POR) Disney Dream cruise and quick 4 day visit
*December 2010 (Contemporary)
*October 2008 (Poly)
*January 2007 (POFQ)
Old 02-01-2007, 02:54 PM   #59
codygirl5150
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if you still have to bring your own hair brush or comb? That's what everyone was saying when BBB first opened. Thanks! I can't wait for DD4 to do this NEXT MONTH!!!

August 1996 - 1st Trip to Disneyland May 2005 - DD's 1st Trip to Disneyland
March 2007 - Family Trip to Walt Disney World - CBR June 2009 - Family Trip to Walt Disney World & Panama City
Old 02-01-2007, 02:57 PM   #60
curiouser
Keep believing, keep pretending...

Quote:
Originally Posted by codygirl5150 View Post
Does anyone know if you still have to bring your own hair brush or comb? That's what everyone was saying when BBB first opened. Thanks! I can't wait for DD4 to do this NEXT MONTH!!!
No, BBB uses a brand new comb and make-up pallete on every client. You get to take the comb and make-up pallete when the appointment is over.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: