Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:10 PM   #16
MinnieGi
DVC/BWV & HHI

What great pictures everyone has posted!! They look awesome. DD did this in July and loved it. She has requested to do it again this coming trip in a week.
8 Trips while growing up,11/94 Dixie Landings (honeymoon); 11/01 WL; 10/02 OKW; 2/03 AKL; 2/04 BWV/OKW; 2/05 AKL/BWV; 10/05 JW Marriott;1/06 WLV; 7/06 BWV; 2/07 - FW Cabins;08/07 HHI; 11/07 BWV/SSR, 06/08 - HHI, 11/08 - BWV, 06/09 - HHI, 06/10 - HHI; 12/10 Christmas at BLT; 06/11 Disney with the dance girls and DD dancing up Main St. in MK parade!!! 11/11 Thanksgiving in WDW!! 6/12 in HHI! Christmas in Disney 2013!; HHI - April 2014; and Coming UP: Thanksgiving Week 2014!
Old 01-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #17
kctwinmommy
I don't think I say anything cute

Yes, thank you for this thread! Now I'm pretty much convinced that we'll have to do this for our DD when we go in 2 years. I think at 5 1/2 she'll LOVE it! But I like the idea of bringing our own dress if she wants that. We'll have to see...

Pre-trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2486678
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #18
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Here are some pictures from our trip this past October .... DD's Tink costume came from the Disney Store. She just wore it to the BBB so she didn't have to pull anything over her hair after she got it done. We all did the Pop Princess look except for my DS who got his own special look. Word of warning though, if your son ends up with a Mickey head painted on the back of his head it takes FOREVER to dry. He left a painted Mickey head everywhere we went. We had so much fun! DD wants to go back this October, but we won't have enough time.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:46 PM   #19
SerinaEmily
Mouseketeer

cool .. that was my OTHER question lol .. whether I could put all 3 of my kids in the pictures together. I just spent the last 2 hours rearranging our last day to fit this in and do a princess dinner at the GF cafe afterwards.
Thanks for this thread!

Btw is it 180 days out to book a time or is there a limit as to how far in advance you can book appointments?

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/lknjgj8lh87vjmg7.png[/img]
Old 01-22-2007, 10:50 PM   #20
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

I took my DD in November. It was all she talked about for months leading up to the trip. She loved it and thinks it's a must-do for every trip.

We did the middle package, but she opted for the painted nails. I didn't have the Photopass photographer take studio pictures (I wanted to take some outside and we were quickly losing daylight). In fact, the one in the BBB didn't take that many pictures of her (probably because I had my big old camera out the whole time).

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)

Last edited by fairestoneofall; 01-23-2007 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:54 PM   #21
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Very cool ty so much for starting this thread. DD visits the board as well in the teen section and told me tonight that she wanted to go here and I needed to check out the bibiddi bobiddi thread lol. We are planning a girls day where we will do all things princessy , while DH and DS go on thier fishing excursion and hit Epcot the way THEY want to . Thinking this will be a perfect addition to that day!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #22
disneycasemgr
Mouseketeer

That's my beautiful granddaughter in the OP's post. We had a great time and I can't imagine any girl who wouldn't love it.
Dgd (Juliette) Dgd (Lily)
Old 01-24-2007, 01:10 AM   #23
MOM2MNM
Earning My Ears

I can't wait !!!

Thank you for sharing all of the beautiful pictures! I know my 4 yr. old will love this in October! I was wondering if someone could tell me if the "painted nails" is fake nails as it looks in some of the pictures or will they just put some nail polish on her existing nails? I really don't want to deal with nails coming off and the tears and sobbing resulting from my drama queen's disappointment over "ruining her look"!
Old 01-24-2007, 03:23 AM   #24
Lindy Loo
DIS Veteran

Heres my DD4 after the Disco diva make over. We did just the hair and makeup package, and it was great fun. So much so we had to book a princess one for the 3rd week of our holiday.

Yes you can go and have photos taken, what ever package you do. We didnt buy any pictures, as we used our photopass and it was put on there. so what great value !

Here as Belle

H

Elouises hair stayed up in the princess bun for 2 days, even going on Tower of terror etc! There must have been a can of hairspray at least used !
Old 01-24-2007, 03:26 AM   #25
Lindy Loo
DIS Veteran

Mum2MNM.... the nails were stick on, and i heard didnt stick on too well. They will also paint the nails and give you the rest of the varnish ( its a new bottle per child, like the make up they give you and the cute carrier bag) my DD LOVED the carrier bag!

We didnt do the nails, as i thought it was expensive, when I can and did paint my DD's nails myself the night before.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:28 AM   #26
Lindy Loo
DIS Veteran

what a poser she is...........................

Old 01-24-2007, 06:24 AM   #27
jnjusoioa
I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantasyland, Toontown, Nemo and so much more. Both parks and DTD are full of little Disney touches that make it truly Walt's park. Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Gingerbreads, Mickey pancaks. Yummy. It is truly th

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciec View Post
Here are some pictures from our trip this past October .... DD's Tink costume came from the Disney Store. She just wore it to the BBB so she didn't have to pull anything over her hair after she got it done. We all did the Pop Princess look except for my DS who got his own special look. Word of warning though, if your son ends up with a Mickey head painted on the back of his head it takes FOREVER to dry. He left a painted Mickey head everywhere we went. We had so much fun! DD wants to go back this October, but we won't have enough time.

Awesome Photos!!! That is the look I want when I go, I love all the different colored hair extensions. Very cool.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #28
cancer_survivor_06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM2MNM View Post
Thank you for sharing all of the beautiful pictures! I know my 4 yr. old will love this in October! I was wondering if someone could tell me if the "painted nails" is fake nails as it looks in some of the pictures or will they just put some nail polish on her existing nails? I really don't want to deal with nails coming off and the tears and sobbing resulting from my drama queen's disappointment over "ruining her look"!

If you do, The Coach, package they will polish her nails. They polish the nails w/ all packages but the other two come with the pack of nails (which can also be purchase in parks and resorts).
Old 01-24-2007, 12:41 PM   #29
GoofyGirlnPrincessV
<insert funny, witty, goofy, quirky or just plain corny tag here>

My dd May 2006

Here are some from May 2006 and I have an appointment booked for May 2007

I also have about another 25-40 pics from photopass. My DD had the middle package and I brought a dress from home that I know wasn't scratchy. My DD has sensative skin. I also make her a necklace.

She loved it and can't wait to go back!

DH, DS(15), DD(5)
Off property 1979 1984 4-00, 5-07,
ASMo 3-05
POFQ 2-03, 5-05, 10-05, 12-05, 5-06m 10-08 (hopefully)
Dolphin 5-95 7-98,
POP 6-07
Old 01-24-2007, 12:48 PM   #30
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

All of your pictures are so adorable! Two questions...
You said that with the last two packages you get nails I am assuming they are the easy to pop off little girl nails? Not true fake nails.
Second how far ahead can you book for these?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: