Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2007, 07:31 PM   #106
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Depends....

I have seen plenty of children here, behaving appropriately, having a good time. It really depends on you and the children. I would think ages 5 and 8 would be no problem unless they are particularly overtired - because you cannot make a last minute adjustment (cancel) for temperament - there is a cancellation policy (I can't remember if it 24 or 48 hours notice - or $10 or $20 per person).

My suggestion is to try it and see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, just don't repeat it. My guess is that you'll be fine - and love it.

ehagerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:05 PM   #107
rockstargeisha
Mouseketeer

My boyfriend and are planning on eating here during our vacation July 9th-14th. I noticed the restaurant closes at 10p.m. and this is when Wishes fireworks begin. Is there a way to still eat our meal and enjoy the fireworks? I was considering a 9pm ADR and then enjoy fireworks after our meal.

Edit: I spoke with the ADR staff and my reservation is at 9:30 p.m.! They offered me 9:50p.m. but I felt bad. I don't wanna hold up the restaurant staff. Yay, I'm thrilled for our 9:30 meal.

Me: DBF:
WDW: 08/2003(WL), 07/2007(AKL)
DLR: Many
TDR: 07/2004(OP)
My Blog

Last edited by rockstargeisha; 04-26-2007 at 08:40 PM. Reason: fixed
rockstargeisha is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2007, 10:42 PM   #108
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

I've never eaten that late, but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstargeisha View Post
My boyfriend and are planning on eating here during our vacation July 9th-14th. I noticed the restaurant closes at 10p.m. and this is when Wishes fireworks begin. Is there a way to still eat our meal and enjoy the fireworks? I was considering a 9pm ADR and then enjoy fireworks after our meal.

Edit: I spoke with the ADR staff and my reservation is at 9:30 p.m.! They offered me 9:50p.m. but I felt bad. I don't wanna hold up th.e restaurant staff. Yay, I'm thrilled for our 9:30 meal.
I have been there to watch the fireworks that late, and the restaurant is still going full steam. If they offer a 9:50 reservation, they will staff to service the guests - in other words, you won't be holding them up - they are used to it and plan for it. I used to work in the restaurant business some time ago and usually they plan for last reservation +2 hours for the staff. I wouldn't worry about it!

Last edited by ehagerty; 05-22-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:08 PM   #109
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

June 21, 2007 - Appetizers

Place setting

Bread & Wine

Salmon Asparagus Salad

Sushi - I liked all three pictures for different reasons...

Presentation - beautiful & edible

Half the dish, on the menu

Yellowfin Tuna 3 ways - my favorite!!

The close-ups - food as art

Last edited by ehagerty; 01-31-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:19 PM   #110
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

June 21, 2007 - Entrees

Filet

Halibut

Veal Tenderloin

Last edited by ehagerty; 04-11-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:30 PM   #111
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

June 21, 2007 - Dessert

Brandied Cherries

Chocolate Cake - the whipped cream was a special request by my son

Cheese Plate - my favorite

.... lovely with a sip of port

Toast to (another) great meal

And to think we get to do it all again June 28th!!! (Stay tuned)

Click here to go to next set of pictures

Last edited by ehagerty; 05-13-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:50 AM   #112
PrincessTiff
DIS Veteran

That chocolate looks amazing! Was it as good as it looks?
PrincessTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:26 AM   #113
PrincessMinnie28
Mouseketeer

Your pictures are beautiful! I can't show DBF though because he will get sad... especially the pictures of the Tuna Three Ways... he might break into tears. We have been back for over a month and he is still talking about how good of an app that was. We ate there 2 nights in a row because he had to have it again! I had that strawberry meringue (sp?) dessert you posted a picture of and it was fabulous (well... actually everything we had there was fabulous)!
PrincessMinnie28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #114
tinkerbell1967
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the wonderful pictures! We have an ADR here in December and I am so anxious now to try it after looking at this! Thanks!
November 2000-Coronado Springs
October 2002-Offsite
August 2003-All Star Movies
August 2004-Offsite
December 2007-Port Orleans Riverside
October 2008-All Star Music
August 2009-Pop Century
October 2009-Vistana -Springs
October 2011-Vistana-Courts
October 2012-Vistana -Courts
March 2013-Vistana Village
October 2013-Vistana -Courts
May 2014- Disney Land
tinkerbell1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #115
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Chocolate Cake - taste test

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTiff View Post
That chocolate looks amazing! Was it as good as it looks?
Yes, it is as good as it looks. Worthy of note, though - many of the signature restaurants had some variation on this cake - most of which were quite good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMinnie28 View Post
Your pictures are beautiful! I can't show DBF though because he will get sad... especially the pictures of the Tuna Three Ways... he might break into tears. We have been back for over a month and he is still talking about how good of an app that was. We ate there 2 nights in a row because he had to have it again! I had that strawberry meringue (sp?) dessert you posted a picture of and it was fabulous (well... actually everything we had there was fabulous)!
All of the sushi is great, but the yellowfin tuna is my favorite. Hopefully, you live near a Southwest direct flight - they make long weekend getaways possible. Sounded crazy to me the first time I thought about it, but we've been doing it!! Armed with only the DDP and PI pass, we "made do" between annual passes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1967 View Post
Thanks for the wonderful pictures! We have an ADR here in December and I am so anxious now to try it after looking at this! Thanks!
Hope it meets (or exceed) your expectations. Let us know!

-------------------------------------

BTW - all servers are good - but I thought Gary even better than that! Never hurts to ask - although I don't know if he has a window station (if that is what you plan to request).

Old 07-10-2007, 08:32 PM   #116
TimeforMe
Remember who you are
It was great taking a nap everyday, wasn't it?
I for one enjoy getting dressed up on occasion

ehagerty: Your pictures are spectacular! We have ADRs at CG in 2 weeks for the first time and I'm extremely psyched for it We are big sushi lovers and your pictures literally made my mouth water. Thanks for posting.
TimeforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:39 PM   #117
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Yoshe's Sushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeforMe View Post
ehagerty: Your pictures are spectacular! We have ADRs at CG in 2 weeks for the first time and I'm extremely psyched for it We are big sushi lovers and your pictures literally made my mouth water. Thanks for posting.
My suggestion.....
  • All of the staff is very friendly and accessible.
  • You can request to sit in front of the sushi bar if you are REALLY into sushi
  • Even if you elect NOT to sit there I recommend taking a stroll over to visit Yoshe at her work station. She may be too busy to chat, but you can watch her work and take her picture. If she is not too busy, someone can take a picture of her WITH you. She is a real food artist.

P.S. - You may want to make a second reservation for the "other" week - you may find that you want to go twice!!

Old 07-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #118
Shelby5514
John Taylor is my guilty pleasure!
If I didn't know any better, I would think my DH is pregnant!
Thinner Thighs Cometh

Location: Close enough to go for the day, but far enough to not have to deal with the tourists! ;)

OMG! I'm guessing the food tastes as good as it looks, right? We have reservations for a group of 24 this fall, and I can not wait!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting these amazing photo's.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:51 PM   #119
mandyluvs2travel
Earning My Ears

THanks for such a detailed review. Great job and very helpful!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:35 PM   #120
rockstargeisha
Mouseketeer

We're back! We had an amazing meal at CG. My boyfriend had the filet, and I had the red snapper with coconut curry sauce. We shared the 4 cheese flatbread with pesto sauce and sundried tomatoes. We could have been seated right at 9:30pm but opted to wait 20 minutes for a window seat, it was well worth it.

Me: DBF:
WDW: 08/2003(WL), 07/2007(AKL)
DLR: Many
TDR: 07/2004(OP)
My Blog
rockstargeisha is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: