Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #166
BlueFairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Let me give this some thought. If you have a few specific ones that you want, I will send them via PM. I have thought about creating a separate folder and making them all available, but am not quite sure about that. Give me a little more time...
I sent you a PM with a list. Thank you! I don't mind being patient. Sadly this will have to be my "fix" since DH and I aren't going to brave CG with my DD (2) in December.
5/2-5/7/10 - WL ~ 6/13 - San Diego/Disneyland ~ 8/14 - WL Mommy/Daughter Trip

BlueFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:25 PM   #167
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Picture Sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
I sent you a PM with a list. Thank you! I don't mind being patient. Sadly this will have to be my "fix" since DH and I aren't going to brave CG with my DD (2) in December.
Hopefully, with CG pictures flashing on your screen-saver, maybe the power of suggestion will lead to dinner there after all.

For other readers, should anyone want a picture or two, you can PM me with a short list and your personal email - I send one a day so you can download and delete without overloading your email.

ehagerty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #168
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

The non-DDP edition - 28 OCT 07

Well, I've said all along, you can never have too much California Grill. Maybe it just looks that way from the shores of Lake Erie in November (Edmund Fitzgerald weather the other day - extended, horizontal hail pellets)...

Anyway, we had the good fortune (and Disney Rewards card, Disney Dining Experience and $20 food gift card for staying at the ASMu, because there was NO VACANCY at the DVCs) one more time, starting with......

....the table

....with some bread and olive oil

....a lobster appetizer

....and Yoshe's Deluxe Sushi Platter

....with a Hidden Sushi Mickey!!!!

The buffalo steak was every bit as good as it looks

on the pretty plate

....and the halibut

Who knows when we will go again. The DDP isn't attractive to us next year, however it appears to have succeeded well on getting us hooked! Will add commentary on a near-future session.

Last edited by ehagerty; 05-03-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:29 PM   #169
FirstMagic
Mouseketeer

Thanks (again!) for the beautiful CA Grill pictures! My favorite of this batch is the bread crust in olive oil, something simple but it looks so beautiful.

I love the hidden Mickey sushi! Do they always do that?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:03 AM   #170
luckytobeme88
Proud mom of soon-to-be MIT Freshman!! Don't stop short at your limit! Your limit is where you stop trying. Application fee $70. Getting accepted $Priceless

My favorite Dis'er is finally back. Ehagerty, you have absolutely the perfect eyes for taking food pictures. We will be doing the "Deluxe" DDP next July, so we plan to eat at CG twice during our stay.
luckytobeme88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:03 PM   #171
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstMagic View Post
I love the hidden Mickey sushi! Do they always do that?
Not sure - I think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckytobeme88 View Post
My favorite Dis'er is finally back. Ehagerty, you have absolutely the perfect eyes for taking food pictures. We will be doing the "Deluxe" DDP next July, so we plan to eat at CG twice during our stay.
Well, thank you for that! You are fortunate indeed to have plans already to dine there twice! Something to look forward to! And what happened to our Sabres!?!?! Toronto tonight!

Old 11-09-2007, 05:16 PM   #172
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for the photos! I've been following your CG reviews and your photos are amazing (and not just the food ones, I love the Japan shot in your signature!)

We're planning on making a CG ADR for next summer... your photos make the food look awesome!

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Eeyore's Tailfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:33 PM   #173
Poppinsme
I LOVE SMILEYS

Once again what stunning Pics you have, thank you!
I am going to attempt some photos on my trip of yummies, god help me.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:07 AM   #174
luckytobeme88
Proud mom of soon-to-be MIT Freshman!! Don't stop short at your limit! Your limit is where you stop trying. Application fee $70. Getting accepted $Priceless

Oh Ehagerty, What can I say! Our Sabres played their best games so far this season, and yet...you have no idea how much I hate the Maple Leaf....
luckytobeme88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:58 AM   #175
samefay
Mouseketeer

The Latest?

Thanks for the report. We're trying CG for the first time in January. We're going to be on the deluxe dining plan and are trying lots of new places. On your latest trip there did you notice if the sushi was still on the appetizer list or if it's seperate now. The menues here have it seperate.
Thanks!

CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT JUNE 2000, OCT 2005
WILDERNESS LODGE RESORT NOV. 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010
AKL August 2011 , SHADES OF GREEN MAY 04 May 05
Poly SEPT 2004 POFQ JUNE 2009
samefay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #176
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Sushi Menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by samefay View Post
Thanks for the report. We're trying CG for the first time in January. We're going to be on the deluxe dining plan and are trying lots of new places. On your latest trip there did you notice if the sushi was still on the appetizer list or if it's seperate now. The menues here have it seperate.
Thanks!
The sushi appeared on the dinner menu - can't recall the "heading" for the section - probably "sushi"! I don't know if they also have a separate sushi menu. I wasn't on the dining plan in Oct, but all previous DDP experiences you could order most of the listed sushi dishes as an appetizer (with the exception of Yoshe's Deluxe sushi platter and Snake in the Grass - which you can order as an entree)

Old 11-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #177
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran

Okay, I just had to stop in again to say, what wonderful pics you take of our favorite place! My DH and I are so excited for our Sept trip (in ten months!!!). We will be on the Deluxe plan (discounted with the bounceback) so we're going to Cali Grill & other 2 TS places. Can't wait! Again, thanks for all the beautiful pics to remember the Cali Grill! It's great.
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp, 14-AOA/BCV/OKW,
14-CBR
hmillerbarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:34 PM   #178
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Your Welcome, again

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmillerbarilla View Post
Okay, I just had to stop in again to say, what wonderful pics you take of our favorite place! My DH and I are so excited for our Sept trip (in ten months!!!). We will be on the Deluxe plan (discounted with the bounceback) so we're going to Cali Grill & other 2 TS places. Can't wait! Again, thanks for all the beautiful pics to remember the Cali Grill! It's great.
Lucky for you!

What is "discounted with bounceback"? Is doesn't sound familiar to me.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #179
dawgfan
from georgia ya'll

Thanks for your review. Great pics.
POFQ July 2004
POFQ July 2007
WL Villas April 2009
POFQ July 2010
WL Villas March 2011
POFQ April 2011
POR June 2011
Off Site-Best Western LBV June 2012
POFQ-June 2013
POFQ- December Christmas trip 2013
ASMu- April 2014
POFQ-May 2014
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:25 PM   #180
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmillerbarilla View Post
The bounceback was offered in September for those that were staying on property to book for the following year either free dining, or discounted deluxe dining. So, we're booked for the Poly for 8 nights with discounted deluxe dining plan. It is about $32/day I think for an adult for the Deluxe Plan. We're thrilled & can't wait. Yay!

There is a whole thread on the restaurant Dining Plan board.

Thanks again for all the pics. My sister "smiller" (and my Cali Grill date this past September) is over tonight for Thanksgiving and I'm about to show her all your lovely pics.
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp, 14-AOA/BCV/OKW,
14-CBR
hmillerbarilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: