Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2007, 06:12 PM   #151
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Glad it worked out for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyj View Post
The food was the best . .
You are welcome for the info
What did you have to eat?
ehagerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #152
Poohbear67
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for this post. This will help me out so much and the pictures oh my gosh can I just say WOW!!! We will be eating here on Sept. 9th so I can't wait to try some new things. I have never eaten the Sashimi so it will be a test for me. Can't wait to see more pics and TR.

April "08" AKL
April "08"Pop Century April "08"
MNSSHP Sept. "08"
Pop Century Sept. "08"
All Star Music Dec. "07"
Pop Century Mojito Gang "07"
MNSSHP Sept. 14th "07
AK Sept. "06"
All Star Sports Sept. "06"
Poohbear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2007, 07:46 AM   #153
ohpoohmetoo
Mouseketeer

Smile Zowie!

Those pictures are really amazing. I've been on the fence about CG but now, I must go!

Thank you so much for sharing your talent and food experience.
All Star Movies - 1st MVMCP! - 2006
Back To CBR - October 2007 8th Anniversary!
ohpoohmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:51 AM   #154
YayDisney!
I See Hidden Mickey's

You're pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I really must find a way to eat here in December!! Thank you for sharing them and inspiring me to take better pictures!
July 1978: childhood day trip with family; 1989: BGSU Spring Break - MK & Epcot day trips; November 2002: Old Key West; September 2004: All Star Movies; September/October 2005: POP Century; September/October 2006: POP Century; December 2007: Port Orleans Riverside; June 2008: Orlando World Center Marriott & Windsor Hills (Story Time); November 2008: POP Century; January 2009: Caribbean Beach Resort; May/June 2009: POP Century & Omni Resort; September/October 2009: Port Orleans Riverside; November 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort; June 2011: Wyndham Bonnet Creek; August 2011: Wyndham Bonnet Creek

YayDisney! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:41 PM   #155
Happyflower
Mouseketeer

Talking

This has to be my favorite food thread! I am such a foodie myself, although on a beer budget since the kids !
The pictures are so wonderful, I am looking forward to dining there in Dec on our last night! After looking at the pictures, I am thinking a second night!

I am on the food plan, but what is your next favorite place, even if it is two credits? Do you have pictures? You are very talented! Will you marry me?

1st family Disney trip 2002
1st Christmas trip 2007
Royal Pacific Dec 14
AKL club level Dec 15-22
Happyflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:20 PM   #156
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Various Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyflower View Post
I am thinking a second night!
If you have the time and the credits, I would plan two nights, as well. I would suggest that you separate the two nights by more than 48 hours - on the off, off chance that you are disappointed - that will leave you sufficient cancellation time.

Quote:
....what is your next favorite place, even if it is two credits? Do you have pictures?
Hmmm... not sure, but probably this - each restaurant reference is a link to a picture thread:

Signature Dining (two credits):
1. California Grill (food and ambience; best server so far = Gary)
2. Artist's Point (food)
3. Narcoosies (lobster, best server = Aman) or Citricos (variety, ambience)

Table Service (single credit):
1. Le Cellier (food)
2. Wolfgang Puck (food)

If you like picture-food, here is a link to the Grand Floridian Tea.

Quote:
You are very talented!
Thank you for the complement.

Quote:
Will you marry me?
Thank you for the chuckle. Does age or gender matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocooltobeMom View Post
What a wonderful thread to subscribe to!! Thank you ehagerty.
Your welcome. Are you from the Buffalo-snowiest-city? Or Syracuse-snowiest-city? Go Sabres!! It should be an interesting season.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:16 AM   #157
Happyflower
Mouseketeer

Wink

Thank you for the chuckle. Does age or gender matter?

LOL NO, just loving to eat at the CA grill is enough!

Your welcome. Are you from the Buffalo-snowiest-city? Or Syracuse-snowiest-city? Go Sabres!! It should be an interesting season.[/QUOTE]

I live close by to the "windy city", which also as a LOT of lake effect snow! Go Bears!

1st family Disney trip 2002
1st Christmas trip 2007
Royal Pacific Dec 14
AKL club level Dec 15-22
Happyflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:47 PM   #158
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

More Various

Quote:
I live close by to the "windy city", which also as a LOT of lake effect snow! Go Bears!
IASWAA - I spent last week in Vernon Hills - Lake Forest. Thunder storms, tornedo warnings.

Go, Bills.

P.S., My sister-in-law, a native Chicago-person, has experienced Buffalo winds in winter. She says it is waaayyyy worse than Chicago. But we digress from thread focus!!

Old 09-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #159
BlueFairy
DIS Veteran

Hi,

I'm composing a Disney screensaver and am dying to add CG pictures. Yours are the best. Any chance you can provide a link to some full-sized files? (i.e. 1024x768)?

Thanks. This is an awesome thread!
5/2-5/7/10 - WL ~ 5/25-6/4/13 - San Diego/Disneyland ~ 8/3-8/6/14 - WL Mommy/Daughter Trip

BlueFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:41 AM   #160
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran

Ehagerty, thought you would be the one to ask.... Allears has a new menu up for CG and it is very different than the one I saw last year... any advice on the flatbreads & entrees? we'll be there in one week!!!
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp, 14-AOA/BCV/OKW,
14-CBR
hmillerbarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:58 AM   #161
eeyore45
Do-it-yourself pixie dust = buy a bag of glitter at the mall
Pixie dusts CMs for fun
I need my nectar - Dr Pepper anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
IASWAA - I spent last week in Vernon Hills - Lake Forest. Thunder storms, tornedo warnings.

Go, Bills.

P.S., My sister-in-law, a native Chicago-person, has experienced Buffalo winds in winter. She says it is waaayyyy worse than Chicago. But we digress from thread focus!!
GO BEARS!!!
Well Well Well - THAT's my neck of the woods!! (VH, LF!!) Its a small world after all....

Interested in your report of Calif Grille as well!!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:56 AM   #162
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

Food Heaven !
Old 09-02-2007, 01:00 PM   #163
swankybeth
Loves bubble tea!
Got my internship @ WDW!
Her Prince Charming proposed with a glass slipper and rose petals

Gorgeous pictures! Everything looks (almost) too good to eat. And I want to personally thank you for helping convince DH to try California Grill again. We've been a few times but the last couple of trips he said he doesn't want to eat there. I showed him your pics and now I think he's coming around.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:00 PM   #164
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
I'm composing a Disney screensaver and am dying to add CG pictures. Yours are the best. Any chance you can provide a link to some full-sized files? (i.e. 1024x768)?Thanks. This is an awesome thread!
Let me give this some thought. If you have a few specific ones that you want, I will send them via PM. I have thought about creating a separate folder and making them all available, but am not quite sure about that. Give me a little more time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmillerbarilla View Post
Ehagerty, thought you would be the one to ask.... Allears has a new menu up for CG and it is very different than the one I saw last year... any advice on the flatbreads & entrees? we'll be there in one week!!!
Well - I would say that it is different, but largely the same. In other words, I could comment on the items that are familiar, but probably not much of a resource on whether the new items should be considered. That said, if I were ordering today....
  • Flatbreads - I haven't tried any of these listed, but if I were going to get a flatbread, I would probably get the chicken (interesting mix-ins) or the BLT (after asking the server how customers are reacting to it and what Nueske's bacon is)
  • Sushi - my favorite is Yellowfin Tuna 3 ways, but all the sushi is outstanding, so I recommend ordering based on what is listed vs. what you like / know.
  • Entree - probably the buffalo steak (because we have had it before, it is lean and the accompaniments sound interesting) or the halibut (only after asking what Chef Jens recommends that day, as he IS the fish expert ).
  • Dessert - me? The cheese board - always. Although I might be tempted by the white coffee ice cream.

All that said, I would consult with the server - describes things you like and dislike - don't be swayed by a single ingredient - they can always customize to your requirements!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swankybeth View Post
Gorgeous pictures! Everything looks (almost) too good to eat. And I want to personally thank you for helping convince DH to try California Grill again. We've been a few times but the last couple of trips he said he doesn't want to eat there. I showed him your pics and now I think he's coming around.
I hope it works out well for you. If you have any questions, let me know. Was his concern with the food? Ambience? Service?

Old 09-03-2007, 08:16 AM   #165
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the advice... last year I had a flatbread and it was my favorite thing I ordered. I also had sushi and an entree, and think I'll try all new things this year. Can't wait!!
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp, 14-AOA/BCV/OKW,
14-CBR
hmillerbarilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: