Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #2191
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

wdwdancer - prayers for you and your dh too as you begin the journey. Wishing you all the best
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #2192
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

hmm - should this bother me? It did really and I asked my ds about it.

We always send out an annual christmas picture. Had someone at church take it. I have on a v neck blouse.

Well in the "originall" picture, it shows a lot of veins by my neck and something sticking out from the collar bone area etc. Not bad, but noticeable as its my regular look etc.

Well when dh shows me the photo I ask him about it. I asked him if he
photoshopped my neck. He says, well there is a blemish thing etc.

I just felt kind of sad that he did that, he is going to be a nurse. I just felt like he couldnt leave well enough alone and didnt like what he saw etc.

Its far away so its not an up close picture, but just the thought that he did that made me sad.

Am I nuts for thinking this way?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #2193
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

I don't think they probably meant anything hurtful by it; I know in my own pictures there are lots of things I would like photoshopped so they might have thought you would like it!

I do think it's a pretty standard thing for photographers to do.

But, it's a very personal thing; I know that Sofia Vergara prefers not to have her scar photoshopped (though I frequently see pics of her with it done) and recently read the same thing about an actress with a birthmark that makes part of her eye appear darker; she prefers not to have it photoshopped but it usually is.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #2194
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

I didnt type it right I guess.

I was trying to say my own ds photoshopped me, that is why I was upset. Its like he doesnt like the way I am etc.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #2195
mrsklamc

I would guess that he probably thought you didn't like the way it looked and was trying to be kind.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #2196
WDWDancer
Recruiting Mouse

Quick question has anybody been diagnosed with Breast Cancer after Thyroid?

I am 27 and discovered a thick knotty area Wed called the doc she had me come in Thurs at 8 am did not like what she saw so she sent me for a diagnostic mamo, ultrasound, and biopsy. They have decided it is not a cyst but a solid mass my breast are very dense and the biopsy cells were undetermined/inconclusive. They have scheduled me for a "molecular breast imaging" test?

I know the odds are on my side but this just feels so much like déjà vu if last year with my thyroid.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #2197
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWDancer View Post
Quick question has anybody been diagnosed with Breast Cancer after Thyroid?

I am 27 and discovered a thick knotty area Wed called the doc she had me come in Thurs at 8 am did not like what she saw so she sent me for a diagnostic mamo, ultrasound, and biopsy. They have decided it is not a cyst but a solid mass my breast are very dense and the biopsy cells were undetermined/inconclusive. They have scheduled me for a "molecular breast imaging" test?

I know the odds are on my side but this just feels so much like déjà vu if last year with my thyroid.
No breast cancer here but tons of breast issues. I've had four fibroadenomas removed. The first one when I was 14 and the last in my 40s. Not pleasant. Fortunately everything has been benign and I apparently have "busy" breasts.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #2198
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

I also had a fibroadenoma removed when I was in my early 20's. It was as large as an egg.

Wishing you all the best. Hang in there!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #2199
robynslp
Mouseketeer

New to this board. I have family history of thyroid problems but unfortunately don't know the exacts other than grandma, great grandma, and great aunt all had thyroid problems. Two years ago my sister went for a routine physical and her doctor immediately asked what was being done for her thyroid (it was enlarged to the point he saw it when he walked in). After several tests and biopsies, they removed it. She urged me to find someone who would listen to our history. After several false starts, I found a nurse practitioner that read bloodwork based on the old levels and wanted a baseline ultrasound. I expected a clear ultrasound and was surprised with 8 nodules. We watched the nodules for the past 2 years and there was little change. For some reason, my NP really wanted to biopsy one nodule that was just barely big enough to worry about. Two days ago the dr called and said they read follicular neoplasms and I need to have a partial thyroidectomy. I have my first appointment to discuss all this on Wed. I'm apprehensive about surgery. So I am joining my sister in this journey. (As a footnote to my sister's journey, her thyroid regrew and had to be removed again!)

I look forward to gaining insight into this new medical journey.
robynslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #2200
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!

Welcome!!

As you probably know now, nodules are very common in malfunctioning thyroids. The more nodules you have, the less likely any of them are to be thyroid cancer. Hopefully when you have your thyroidectomy, they will get a true reading on all of them. My understanding is that a follicular neoplasm is a gray area--meaning they don't know if they are benign or malignant. Mostly they will be benign.

What are your thyroid levels like? Have you been feeling poorly?

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 12-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #2201
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy and Blessed 2013 and as healthy as possible 2013 too!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #2202
robynslp
Mouseketeer

Met with the surgeon today and he feels very strongly that I need a partial thyroidectomy. He says this is the only way to rule out cancer. My sister who had a mutli nodular goiter thyroid removed thinks this is highly unusual. Surgeon doesn't care what thyroid levels are until after the surgery because to him this is not about thyroid function; it is about the pathology. Does this sound wrong to anyone else? My sister is certain that I really don't need the surgery if my levels aren't changing. I'm very confused. I want to listen to my dr but my sister is persuasive as well.
robynslp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #2203
mrsklamc

Yes, that makes sense. I had no abnormalities in my levels but I had extensive cancer. It is common to do a partial thyroidectomy, have it biopsied immediately, and then remove the whole if it's cancerous. They used to leave the other half if it looked ok, but that is no longer considered acceptable care- the cancer just comes back.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #2204
Christine

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynslp View Post
Met with the surgeon today and he feels very strongly that I need a partial thyroidectomy. He says this is the only way to rule out cancer. My sister who had a mutli nodular goiter thyroid removed thinks this is highly unusual. Surgeon doesn't care what thyroid levels are until after the surgery because to him this is not about thyroid function; it is about the pathology. Does this sound wrong to anyone else? My sister is certain that I really don't need the surgery if my levels aren't changing. I'm very confused. I want to listen to my dr but my sister is persuasive as well.
Your surgeon is right on. They are concerned about pathology, not function. Have a partial thyroidectomy. They will look at every cell in what they remove. If it's benign, you're done. If not, the rest comes out.

Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
Old 01-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #2205
KAMLEM
DIS Veteran
Likes her little penguin.
Tried to pay for lunch with WHAT?
Always remember - sticky side DOWN!

Just be prepared that they may tell you it's benign and just remove half but as they do further testing after the surgery they can find that it's not benign. That happened to me and to a woman I work with so we had to go back in to have the rest of the thyroid removed.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: