Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #2071
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
How did your tests turn out? Hope all is well.
Still don't know anything!!!!

They called and said my "levels were elevated" and wanted some more tests. Took blood a week ago today with no OFFICIAL answer.

Thanks for checking on me.

JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #2072
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

My symptoms are really weird. Like a pulling sensation on the L side of the neck. Sometimes my L ear feels like it is clogged and it feels like I cant swallow on the L side. Like the eustachian tube? Not totally trouble swallowing etc.

The pop was so scary because it was on the L side and I was thinking, I hope that the vein is not popping and bursting etc. I know, crazy me, but with all I went through I am always a little on edge about this kind of stuff etc.

I really dont want to go back to the surgeon. What will he do?? A ct scan?? Probably even if he did and saw how bad it was on the inside he would say he doesnt want to do anything probably for fear he would ruin the only stuff that is hanging on and keeping me still alive etc.

Oh the joys of thy ca!
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #2073
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

This thread is too quiet, is that a good sign?

JKM - any news yet?

So everyone ask me what I have been doing for over the last 4 hours this morning, starting at 7 am, why yes of course...trying to make a reservation for the Be Our Guest rest. and it turned out to be..is this the right word my kids would use?? Epic Fail!!

After dialing over 4 hours, finally go through and then waitied for a cm for abut 40 minutes give r take. Give her 4 days or maybe 5 days and zip, zada nothing for 2 people Nov. 26-Dec lst. I left out one day for the candlelight package. So I am so sad and utterly disappointed. The cm said to call back tomm. as people are double booking. I didnt say anything. I jst hung up. I was too sad. Guess I shouldnt have had my heart set on this. Oh well, at least we have LTT and Plaza for dinner. One is a MVMCP night, still dont know if we are doing that yet. So I guess we could check out the counter service. Heard it will be like 1 hour long lines

In the midst of calling the regular phone left a message that my reg. gp (you all know I cant stand him) office called and said I am due for blood testing??? hmm, havent been there in a year. I also just had a basic met. panel from the endo. I will tell them that and I do want the B12 tested and I know the endo didnt do that. I just dont feel like dealing with this kooky dr. They said they would mail me a script so that would be good not to waste a $20 copay on his nothingness etc.

My dishwasher died. We are getting a new one today. Not what I wanted but dh said what he picked out is better, oh well, dh is off to Greece on Friday, till sep. 4th I thinkthen he comes back for about 2 weeks and he is off to the west coast again. I think I will need a food and wine vacation too for sure.

Guess I will get the bone scan sometime.

Hope everyone is well. Check in when you can.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #2074
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

I'm not always getting emails when someone posts...I'm feeling ok but have lost about 10 lbs so it will be interesting to see what my levels are.

LMP, bummed you can't get into Be Our Guest!
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:10 PM   #2075
dischick4778
DIS Veteran

LMP that stinks about Be Our Guest, hoping something opens up for you!

I'm off to the surgeon tomorrow just so he can check my scar some more. At this point I'm done with perfecting it and hope he is too. I'm not interested in any more needles.

We've had a tough time ttc which has me pretty bummed. My first son was before thyroid cancer. And although the doctors all tell me my thyroid issues should not prevent me from having kids, it has been more than six months and nothing. Last time it worked on the first try. Guess I was spoiled.

We are also in the process of buying a house, which is terribly stressful. Too much change all at once is not easy for someone on a high dose of synthroid.

Hoping everyone is doing well!
1986, offsite 1988, offsite 1996, Dixie Landings 1998, Coronado Springs 2001, Caribbean Beach Resort May 2002, Port Orleans French Nov. 2002, Old Key West Aug. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2004, Animal Kingdom Lodge Aug. 2005, Grand Californian Aug. 2005, Old Key West Nov. 2005, Boardwalk Villas Aug. 2006, Saratoga Springs Nov. 2006, Boardwalk Villas July 2007, Old Key West Nov. 2007, Beach Club Villas Nov. 2008, Boardwalk Villas Apr. 2009, All Star Music Aug. 2009, Old Key West June 2011, AKV Kidani Village July 2011, AKV Kidani Village

~Our Disney Family~
dischick4778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #2076
dischick4778
DIS Veteran

Just sharing - http://thyroid.about.com/b/2012/08/2...sign-me-up.htm

I seriously don't know what some people are thinking.
1986, offsite 1988, offsite 1996, Dixie Landings 1998, Coronado Springs 2001, Caribbean Beach Resort May 2002, Port Orleans French Nov. 2002, Old Key West Aug. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2003, Old Key West Nov. 2004, Animal Kingdom Lodge Aug. 2005, Grand Californian Aug. 2005, Old Key West Nov. 2005, Boardwalk Villas Aug. 2006, Saratoga Springs Nov. 2006, Boardwalk Villas July 2007, Old Key West Nov. 2007, Beach Club Villas Nov. 2008, Boardwalk Villas Apr. 2009, All Star Music Aug. 2009, Old Key West June 2011, AKV Kidani Village July 2011, AKV Kidani Village

~Our Disney Family~
dischick4778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #2077
JKMJ441724

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
JKM - any news yet?

Hope everyone is well. Check in when you can.

Doc put me on a low dose of synthroid (?). Still no period, so maybe my throid isn't the problem for that. Go back on 9/14 for more tests to see if I may be in pre-mature ovarian failure.

Too bad about the reservation.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #2078
mrsklamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMJ441724 View Post
Doc put me on a low dose of synthroid (?). Still no period, so maybe my throid isn't the problem for that. Go back on 9/14 for more tests to see if I may be in pre-mature ovarian failure.

Too bad about the reservation.
How long have you been on it? It takes about 6 weeks to go into full effect; which makes adjusting your dose just joyful, let me tell ya.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #2079
JKMJ441724

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
How long have you been on it? It takes about 6 weeks to go into full effect; which makes adjusting your dose just joyful, let me tell ya.
today makes my 15th dose.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:38 AM   #2080
KAMLEM
DIS Veteran
Likes her little penguin.
Tried to pay for lunch with WHAT?
Always remember - sticky side DOWN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMJ441724 View Post
I didn't have my period for 5 years. After having my thyroid removed and a few months of getting my medication at the right level I got it again. Ever since it has been VERY regular, more regular than it was my entire life!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #2081
JKMJ441724

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMLEM View Post
I didn't have my period for 5 years. After having my thyroid removed and a few months of getting my medication at the right level I got it again. Ever since it has been VERY regular, more regular than it was my entire life!
Holy moly! That's crazy. But very good to hear. Makes me feel better. Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #2082
mrsklamc

LMP- any chance of calling back and getting a ressie?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #2083
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
LMP- any chance of calling back and getting a ressie?
I could but from what I am reading my chances will be slim to next to none. My week has a lot of MVMCP in them and they will only do dinner reservations from 4-5:30 on the party days. One day I dont want to change since its our candlellight and I waited hours to get that too. So I think I have 1 or 2 days left to try. My Plan B is to call the dining line direct to see if people cancel those within the 48-72 hour time frame for the credit card hold. Those 2 days encompass one before we leave and one when we are there. I might also see about a table for three and just suck up the $10 no show credit card fee for the 3rd person too. Oh, the things we do to eat at disney Also I dont know if I want to brave the counter service lines. We shall see.

So far for the trip we have adrs for hollywood brown derby, cape may dinner buffet (only doing that for dh for the crab legs. That place has gone down hill food wise for sure), Via Napoli for the CP Package, Liberty Tree and the Plaza for dinner (Good bye Be Our Guest, of course good planning me made those adrs months ago), GFC (gotta seee the christmas tree), Teppan Edo (Probably going to cancel that), Chefs de France, I forgot what else.

Got the script from the gp. He has B12 level, folate level and 2 others things that I think the endo did. Oh well. I really want the B12 done. I dont know why the endo doesnt do it?? (I did not call or ask the gp to do this. They just said its close to your one year check up date so do it etc). Yeah I didnt even make an appt. for that. I said, oh one of my sons have to bring me so I will call you back. I will say anything to get out of seeing that guy

I am constantly feeling tired and the endo just says, oh you are always like that. So apparently if you feel like crap and your numbers are all good on paper, then my endo apparently doesnt give a crap about how you feel!!

Anyone elses endos have that frame of mind and thinking??

I think my endos is - this is the number I want you at and that is it, end of story etc. I am thinking maybe because mine is the aggresive variant she has to do that number and there isint much lee way etc.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #2084
mrsklamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dischick4778 View Post
Just sharing - http://thyroid.about.com/b/2012/08/2...sign-me-up.htm

I seriously don't know what some people are thinking.
I missed this the first time. I am not typically a violent person but I would really like to find this woman and slap her.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #2085
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Micayla -

They also posted this on thyca and I see wdwdancer also had a thyca thread about it too and I saw one more over there. I lurk there but dont post, maybe I should. They said she needs to be educated on this etc.

I need to find some columnar celll buddiesNever see anyone posting about that though.

Tomm. I am probably doing the blood test. I didnt book an appt. as I will just play it by ear tomm with dh.

My R hip has been killing me. I dont think its jut the osteoporosis, its a combo of other stuff too and I am sure if I go to the dr. they will say the s word. Usually when the drs. look at my x rays, see all my lovely internal birth defects too, they look like what are we going to do with this lady??? I always keep them on their toes for sure.

I think by my age my mom already had both hips replaced, so I am sure I am on borrowed time with this, just chak it up to the lovely bad genes in my family.

My dh is home after his trip but leaving again next week. I am still researchng the food and wine but its pretty expensive so we shall see. Of course Prince Charming would do anything for me, so we shall see. I think I am going to save some of his ff miles for our big anniv. trip next year. Maybe splurge on the GF etc. or split it with the BC or YC like we did before.

I am still tired. One day I think I took a huge afternoon nap (not planned) , just sat in the chair and that was the end of it.

Hope everyone is doing well, Update and check in when you can.

Oh and ds 3 is nursing school. He wants to practice bp checks on me. oh what fun!! Of course he is the youngest and he said most of the people are married ladies and almost everyone is already a medic, certified nursing assistant etc, so he is at a little disadvantage but working hard to soak it all in and study and learn etc.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: