Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2006, 03:59 PM   #1
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

Mark&sue's Trip - Day 9 - 20th October

Today is our first day without Terry and Sara. It really seems like something is missing.

We get up early as we want to do Animal Kingdom before it gets too hot (and animal Kingdom can get hot!)

Rush over to Expedition Everest. We take the standby queue, but get fastpass tickets first. We all go on this. I tried to warn everyone about the backwards sick feeling but don't want to put anyone off. I love the photos of the doomed exhibition in queueing area). The ride seems to feel a tiny bit better as I know what to expect. However when we get off I am not too sure that Megan and Lisa enjoyed it too much. But everyone agrees that the Yeti is kind of cute. : The cuddly toys in the shop area are lovely. (Now we are home, it might have been a good idea to buy one!)

Next we go to Dinosaur (mine and Lisa's) favourite. It seemed a bit darker and rougher than usual but still great and now I know when to wave for the photo

After this I make a REALLY BIG MISTAKE, and go on Primeval Whirl, with Mark, Jack and Kirsty. Not only does this ride make you feel sick but it also hurts when everyone falls on to you.

Mark & Maurice go off to Kali River Rapids to get a fast passes (we can now get another one) and the rest of us goes off the dinoland dig. Now this seemed such a great place when Kirsty was 4 years old in 1998, but just did not seem the same now. However it was in the shade and we could sit down and munch on my rice krispie and m & ms cake thing. I had to buy this as I felt sick. (There is logic here somewhere?) It was here that Lisa had a real urge for an ice cream, you know the one with the Micky Mouse head.

Mark and Maurice found us and we went to Exhibition Everest to use the fass pass. Lisa and Megan give this one a miss as they still feel a bit sick. This is the third time on this ride for this year and is now enough. (I know how you feel Kevin Stringer, but will do again when we go back in August, even though I know I will get the strange single rider with me!)

We now make our way to the Kali River Rapids with our final fasspasses. The standby queue is huge, in fact bigger than huge! This is good but not as good as Universal's Popeye ride and we are extremely glad for the fasspasses (well done Disney for still keeping fastpases when Universal have got rid of them unless paid for. Would DVC members get front of the line access if Disney did the same as Universal? Hope we won't need to find out as we think this system is best)

When we get off Lisa buys us all a lovely ice cream (Thank you Lisa, I can still taste that delicious mickey biscuit head and would love one here and now).

Once again back to Saratoga Villas for one of our by now ledgendary lunches. Lisa and I just adore cheese and picky things so these lunches are some of the highlights of our stay.

We spend the rest of the afternoon at the Saratoga Springs quite pool. This area is just beautiful and worth staying here alone. It is a shame that we never seemed to have enough time to explore the resort.

The pool is just so relaxing and always seems lovely and empty

Here is a photo of Megan in mid air. I don't think I could have captured this if I tried but was taking a photo of Kirsty.

After a lovely relaxing afternoon at the best place in the world (I am bit biased here but just love Saratoga Springs) we walked (yes walked down to the Crossroads). (Perhaps we should have gone further to Chillis at the Lake Buena area with hindsight) and went to Chevy's. This is a mexican restaurant. The restaurant is not bad but we suffered the the "terrible disappearing waiter" syndrome. It was busy and his mind was elsewhere.

We managed to get our Margaritas but they are not as nice as they look

We even manged to get our main courses eventually, however any further drinks are very slow and sea breeze cocktails turn out to be ocean winds with grapefruit instead of orange juice. We are in mid conversation with our waiter, and I ask if we can order desserts and he asks what we would like and then just turns his back and walks off.

During this break in transmission the balloon man returns to make us balloons

These are good and Kirsty loves her tiger

Jack gets a croc and Megan got a cheeta.

We go without desert and get a cab back to the villas after a quick shop in Goodings and the next door liquer shop. We have a nice desert back in the villas of Irish Coffee, which is probably better than the one we should have had. Another great day was had by all.

Susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain

Last edited by mark&sue; 11-09-2006 at 04:05 PM.
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:16 PM   #2
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Great photo and report

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2006, 03:57 AM   #3
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Another great day
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:51 AM   #4
Tammy Stringer
I love babies - all milky and baby powdery
Do you knit, Barbara?
Up for the marquee option

Enjoying your trip report Sue.

Can't believe how quiet the "quiet" pool at Saratoga is - looks wonderful

Tammy
Tammy Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:57 AM   #5
Kevin Stringer
Chat Host
Oddly concerned about an elephant living in his pyjamas
The TF would like to see Kevin’s rendition of 'Great balls of fire'

A fellow EE sufferer Sue.
I will probably give it another go sometime in the future, I'll just make sure I have plenty of recovery time afterwards.

I agree with Tam, the quiet pool at Saratoga Springs looks very nice.

Kev
Kevin Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:35 AM   #6
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

We haven't stayed at SSR but did have a look around in August, I agree the pool looks great and the zero depth entry bit is ideal for kids.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:10 AM   #7
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

They are building a much bigger pool (with a racing theme). Hopefully this will mean the quiet pools will stay quiet. I will definately request the same area again next year as it was only 5 minutes walk to Downtown Disney and about 20 minutes to the crossroads restaurants.

Susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:33 AM   #8
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Your piccies are great Sue, the resort looks lovely too

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #9
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Loving the trip reports! You all look like you're having such a fab time! Saratoga Springs looks so gorgeous - DD and I will have to take a look when we're there next year...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:16 AM   #10
Lisash
Knows all the words to 'It's A Small World'
Doesn't tell friends of her DISboard addiction

SSR looks lovely Sue
June 2003 & August 2004 - Off-site Wyndham Orlando (I-Drive)December 2005 - Off-Site Doubletree at Universal. July 2005, December 2006, August 2007, December 2008, August 2009 & December 2010 - Marriott Fairfield LBV - August 2013 on site Disney's Yacht Club - December 2013 Marriott Fairfield LBV

Lisash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:22 AM   #11
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

can't beleive how empty the pool is

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:20 PM   #12
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who