Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2007, 11:27 AM   #76
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooshBrat View Post
Found your link from another post....and am getting VERY HUNGRY with all those awesome pics!!

Wish I had more time to read/look.....but have to head to work, so subscribing so I can read later!!

Thanks for all the awesome info and pics!
Welcome to the report ShooshBrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbierling View Post
Loving the reviews! I'm 180 days out from our next trip in Jan. These are a great help as I try to decide on ADRs. Thanks!
Hi jenbierlong Glad you like the reviews When we went I looked at a lot of pics as well and that pointed us to some places we had never eaten at before.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:39 AM   #77
TyRy
It is making me nutty

The last meal

Yes - FINALLY a year later - the last meal on the trip is here. As it turned out it was one of the best meals of the trip. We kind of snacked throughout the day today at the F&WF and we were supposed to go to O'Hana's for dinner. Toward the end of the day DH decided that we should skip it since we had to pack and get ready to leave in the morning. Fine with me, one more call to cancel the ADR and we were back at the AKL.

We decided to do room service for dinner from Boma. We both had the prime rib and it was out of this world!! The potatoes had a little kick to them, but were not overly spicy and yummy. We now will make time to get room service at least once during our trips and it was fast. We ordered and I ran down to grab drinks and dessert for DH and by the time I got back to the room, the food was already there.

Here are the pics:

We may have to try Boma for dinner next time as this was just so good!

The following morning we just grabbed a quick snack as we were headed out and started our drive home. However that night we stopped in Brentwood, Tennessee. We tried to go out for BBQ, but we just missed a couple of restaurants. We then headed next to the hotel to Mrs. Winners Chicken and Biscuits. THE BEST FRIED CHICKEN EVER…and my mom is from the South and makes a pretty good one. We did not have the camera with us, but it was really yummy and next time we drive down, I’ll be mapping this chain all the way to Florida.

Overall, we did not see any decline in service and left extra tips generally the first week when we had the free dining. We only had one semi-long wait to be seated; otherwise we were seated very promptly. The DDP did save us about two hundred dollars the first week, but it was a lot of food. I think next time I’ll hopefully have AP’s and use the DDE card as I think that will work out cheaper with the changes to the plan for 2008.

Thanks for sticking with the reviews and pictures, and I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it. See you next time and there will be a next time!
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #78
nextidiot
aka Jokey Smurf, Lurker Extraordinaire

Enjoyed your review. Great pics!

Port Orleans - Riverside 5/2004 -- Disney Wonder - 5/2004
Nickelodeon Family Suites and Coronado Springs Resort - 11/2007

nextidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #79
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextidiot View Post
Enjoyed your review. Great pics!
Thank you very much
Old 10-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #80
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Thanks for finishing
DisneyJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:22 AM   #81
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Thanks for finishing
You are very welcome and thank you for sticking with it!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:57 PM   #82
DLo
DIS Veteran

TyRy - thanks for the b'fast Boma pictures. We are going there our last day for my hubby's b'day b'fast. We ate there 2 years ago and I couldn't remember what all was on the buffet. I agree about not going out of the way to go there. DH missed the trip we stayed at AKL and I wanted him to see it.

Appreciate all your reviews an pics.

Did you end up enjoying the AKL ? We have stayed at both AKL and WL. We liked both.
Oct 2006 - WL Nov 2007 - GF Nov 2008 - Poly
Oct 2009 - BC Oct 2010 - BWI Oct 2011 YC May 2014 YC
DLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:53 PM   #83
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

So glad you finally finished your reviews. Would have loved to see a picture of that fried chicken though
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:08 AM   #84
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo View Post
TyRy - thanks for the b'fast Boma pictures. We are going there our last day for my hubby's b'day b'fast. We ate there 2 years ago and I couldn't remember what all was on the buffet. I agree about not going out of the way to go there. DH missed the trip we stayed at AKL and I wanted him to see it.

Appreciate all your reviews an pics.

Did you end up enjoying the AKL ? We have stayed at both AKL and WL. We liked both.
DLo - you are very welcome. Glad you liked the report. I really liked the WL and HATED the AKL when we switched. However, by the end of the trip I LOVED AKL. I thought the pools were better, the hot tubs were better, you did not have to flight through people to get to Mara like you did trying to just get down the hall by Roaring Forks at WL. The only thing the WL really has over it is the a possible view of the MK, which we had, seeing the Water Parade and being able to rent boats and things.

But I enjoyed Mara better as a quick service and since we always have a car it was no biggie to drive over to the MK or go see the Water Parade somewhere. DH also pointed out that we could see the MGM/Dis Studios Water Tower from our balcony at AKL.

So that's my long winded way of saying we ended up like AKL better - so much so that DH actually agreed (after MANY years of pestering) to by into the DVC there. I think part of him did it just so I'd quit bothering him

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
So glad you finally finished your reviews. Would have loved to see a picture of that fried chicken though
I know - just picture really yummy fried chicken and that would be it. I even searched the web hoping to find a picture - but there is nothing. I really wish we hadn't forgotten to take one...maybe if we drive down again we'll be able to get a pic this time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: