Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #61
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran

I'll make a note of that. Thanks! Really enjoyed your reviews. Great job!
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp, 14-AOA/BCV/OKW,
14-CBR
hmillerbarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #62
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Boma Breakfast

Checked in about 5 min late – hey imagine how late we would have been had we not just had to ride the elevators down a couple of floors. I thought for sure DH’s perpetual lateness would kill us this trip with our ADR’s. So after we check in, and notice that once again the waiting area is just packed and crazy we figured we were in for it. Well, we only had to wait about 10 minutes to sit. Now the crazy thing was there was a LOT of open tables – kind of makes you wonder if they did not enough servers.

Our server, Nancy, was pretty prompt and brought DH coffee – just the regular kind, and our juice pretty quickly. The juice was awesome! And I always worry about juice as I HATE (yes I really feel that strongly) pulp and was worried this might be full of it. Well at least mine wasn’t. I asked Nancy if it was the Frunch juice she said yes but they call it Jungle Juice, easier to get kids to eat it. I didn’t think Frunch was that bad a name to begin with. Jungle Juice scares me more, but maybe that’s cause I’m not 12.

DH went up a couple of times. One of the in his first trip had Quinoa – Nature’s Finest Source of Plant Protein – took that right off the sign He also had oatmeal, and something that looked like grits.

I started with something very exotic – Belgium Waffles which were just your normal everyday Belgium waffles which I love and these were no different.

And also grabbed bacon (I will just state up front – my name is TyRy and I LOVE bacon!!) and ham. Ham wasn’t as great as I was expecting – not that anything was wrong with it, just didn’t taste all that great to me.

It was then time for a second trip – DH went back and got some pastries, biscuits and carved turkey – at least I think that was (can’t remember). He also had some time of green thing – now that reminds me more of Jungle Juice than the Frunch juice!

My next plate consisted of eggs, bacon (surprise surprise ,) cinnamon roll, and fruit. Yes I actually put a couple of bites of something healthy on my plate! But I'm pretty sure that the butter I popped onto my cinammon roll negated the good effects

I was getting full – think I was starting to have bacon tummy - but no worries – DH was going to sample everything they had on the buffet. He then came back with a sausage, eggs, bacon (wasn’t giving him any of mine!), hash and some type of bake.

OH - this was the first place to see little card come w/check saying gratuity not added but it is customary to tip 15-20%. First and only time we saw that during our entire stay.

Overall I would say this was a good meal….would I go out of my way if I were not staying at AKL….mmmmm, maybe not. BUT, if you are more adventurous and looking for something besides waffles, bacon and eggs, it is probably a good bet for you!

Up next – YEAH – it’s Castle time!!!
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #63
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Just read your entire review and enjoyed it very much!!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #64
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

How did you not go pop?
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #65
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

Seriously, green glop for breakfast????????? Ugh...

Maybe I'll stick with the food courts...
tiggerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:28 AM   #66
Disney owl
DIS Veteran

Great photos thanks

JUNE 1996 & JUNE 1998 JUNE 2005 DLP - Camp Davy Crockett
AUGUST 2000 & OCT 2002 SEPT 2008 DLP - Offsite
JUNE 2001 AUGUST 2003 & 2007, SEPT2010 WDW - Offsite
Disney owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #67
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Well thank you - trying very hard to get the rest up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerBell View Post
Seriously, green glop for breakfast????????? Ugh...
Maybe I'll stick with the food courts...
He must have like it cause he had two servings of it...as for me - I'm just glad I wasn't fighting a hangover that morning having to look at that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
How did you not go pop?
Looking back at all that, I'm not exactly sure - I will say this - we snacked very little this trip. The one picture I wish I had was everything we bought with our snack credits on the last day of our DDP. I think we ended up with 12 bags or boxes of things....I'm just now finishing the last bag of pretzels at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Thank you very much!
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
Old 03-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #68
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Cinderella's Royal Table

I’m going to do something on this that I really haven’t done so far – and that is copy a LOT of my TR dealing with CRT – I think that’s because CRT is a whole experience so I’ll try and give an overview of that, plus the food (of course!)

Our ADR was for 5pm – figured we would be out just in time for MNSSHP that we were attending that night. We checked in and were called pretty quickly. That meant we had to get a long SLOW line to get the picture with Cinderella that came with dinner. Now I know why we got called so quickly – they said to get the photo done and then come up. Well – it looked like we were in for at least a 20-30 minute wait.

We checked in and were called pretty quickly. That meant we had to get a long SLOW line to get the picture with Cinderella that came with dinner. Now I know why we got called so quickly – they said to get the photo done and then come up. Well – it looked like we were in for at least a 20-30 minute wait.

So we wait – and then off to our side, a dad is trying to get back into line with his family and trips over the velvet ropes that they have us walking through…so my DH goes to grab him before he hits the floor. He did mange to grab him, but somehow while helping DH got his had caught in the twisted rope right by where it clips to the post, and yep – you guessed it – totally pulled his fingers out of joint. It was instant pain and DH was in a lot of it. I’m the weenie in the family with pain, so if DH is hurt, you know it is bad. At first I thought – and I think he did too – that he would just shake it off. But nope – it’s getting worse. OK – time to get to first aid and I happen to know exactly where that is thanks to the trip with my dad two years ago (hmmmm – maybe I should do a really late TR on that) huh – ok, back on topic.

So I walk up to the hostess and ask if there is anyway they can hold our ADR and explain what happened. Well they are more than happy to hold it if we want to go to first aid. But now DH is saying it’s not so bad and could he maybe just get some ice. He wants to see if ice helps before going to first aid. So not only do they bring him ice, they throw us into the front of the line to get our picture so we can get to dinner sooner and then decide if we want first aid or not. Well, DH is in no mood to have his picture taken – he is still in pain, I tried to coax him a little but knew he really didn’t want to be in the picture. OK twist my arm – I’ll do it by myself

Now only about 5 or 10 minutes had elapsed during everything that took place above. Hey I know DH is in pain, BUT it got us out of waiting in the line that still looked like it hadn’t moved. That was a bright side

So up to dinner we go. When we get to our table – yeah! It has Cinderella confetti on it! On some of our ADR’s when we were asked if we were celebrating anything, I said yes – this was our 15th anniversary trip (no where did I ever say wedding anniversary, just anniversary – this is important later) So I then CAREFULLY pick up all the castles and carriages and put them in my purse (where I think they still are) Not sure what I’ll use them for, but I do know I’m keeping them!!!

So our server comes by - don’t you just love how they refer to you as Lords and Ladies…c’mon I know that’s not just me. He explains how it all works now – ours was paid on a CC – so we make our choices. We then proceed to take a couple more shots of the inside (cause I can never have enough)

I must add I also have my video camera with me, so we have plenty on the castle.

Our appetizers come and whoops he brought an extra one – he had written down three things for the two of us…we probably confused him as we were debating what we wanted. No worries – he leaves us with the extra one. Fine by us. I actually had the BLT salad – which was good but tiny

DH had the Corn & Crab Soup which he enjoyed

And the mistake appetizer was the Spring Rolls – also pretty good.

Our main courses came – we both had the prime rib - and were surprised at how good it was. We both ordered them medium and as you can tell by the picture, it once again came out med-rare – which if you’ve read this whole report you know we wanted.

DH declared it one of the best meals of the trip. Maybe it was because we weren’t expecting much – I mean you go to CRT for the atmosphere not the food necessarily right? But I have yet to be disappointed and this was my third time dining for dinner at CRT.

Oh – and here’s a random picture we ended up with…perhaps DH was planning for next time? It’s the braised lamb shank.

So after dinner, the show with the Fairy Godmother and the Mice started. Very cute and more interactive than I expected.

The Fairy Godmother then asked if anyone in the restaurant was celebrating an anniversary. Well it was our 15th anniversary (ok technically it was like ten days earlier) so DH raised his hand.

So she now singles us out as we are the only people celebrating an anniversary. It was all very cute and I have great video of it. She then asks how many years of wedded bliss. Well DH – who may I add is usually the quiet one of the two of us and who I did not think would get into this at all – is suddenly quite into it. He says 15 years in response to her question. She says some nice comments about how we don’t look like we could be married that long and such. But I don’t remember because I am in shock that he gave the Fairy Godmother the wrong answer. I think basically my reaction after kicking him under the table was “You lied to the Fairy Godmother!!” Yes I realize how goofy that sounds coming out of my thirty-six year old mouth – but hey he did. He said it just slipped out…since we were celebrating fifteen together. But she said wedded, so that answer should have been for four years.

The mice then came around for a very quick photo op – so quick that when it was DH’s turn I couldn’t get to the camera fast enough…so I have a picture, but have him on video.

Our desserts came after the performance and were also good. In fact they were so good – we inhaled them and then remember to take the pictures!!! I had the Raspberry Sorbet

and DH had the Blueberry Buckle. If you look really close you might actually see a blueberry left on his plate.

Since I never did figure out between the cost of the meal and taxes what kind of automatic tip was figured in, we said the heck with it and asked. We were going to leave extra anyway (as we had all trip) and our server said it was about 13% - ouch. He was getting a nice tip anyway, but if that’s the case, I’m shocked they still have people willing to work at CRT. Maybe someone can clear that up for me. I make DH take one more picture that we always take and we are on our way.

So on our way out, we stop to take pictures of the inside of the Castle that is not CRT – and I bet if I go back and look at old photos we have some of the exact ones from past trips!

We had a great time at CRT and yes, I’m one of those people who will probably continue to pay for it, no matter what it ends up costing – although DH would probably disagree. Dinner did last about two hours so it was perfect timing for us to get outside just in time for the beginning of MNSSHP.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:05 PM   #69
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Thanks so much for a mouthwatering dining review. I really enjoyed it.

Linda

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Cinderella's slipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:29 AM   #70
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Arrow DINING EXTRAVAGANZA 9/23-10/3 | DH opines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
9/23 - Our first meal on the FREE dining plan.
The Contemporary Steakhouse was where we were going to have dinner that first night. Now I know some hate it, some love it, we fall somewhere in between.

DH had the lobster bisque, which he liked.
httx://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m172/tracycip/Food/P9230161.jpg

DH had the prime rib with mashed potatoes, which he said was ok –
httx://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m172/tracycip/Food/P9230167.jpg

Total Free DDP – 85.21
I now understand the opinions of those who "hate" (OK, strong word, let's say any form of "dislike?") the Contemporary Steakhouse. If on a normal evening I paid $85.21 for that level of quality, I would certainly feel gipped . I've had better meals at Outback Steakhouse for $50. We've eaten at the CS before, and I was probably taken more by the atmosphere than anything we ate. This time, the Prime Rib was about as bland as they come, and I liked the "lobster bisque" only because it was edible, and I needed something in my tummy fast! I liken it to tomato soup, with a drop of yellow dye and a bit of crab juice for flavoring.

With that memory in tow, would I eat there again? HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!

They could serve coffee & biscuits for dinner and it'd be well worth it!
Did I say something about ATMOSPHERE?? I can't put into words how neat-o it is to be eating, and having the MONORAIL silently pass overhead! The lighting, the structure, Chef Mickey's off in the distance, and that fantastic bar just outside the CS? Fuggedaboutit!!!
There's no shortage of at the CS, and a Disney trip is likely not complete (for us) without a stop there...

...MORE TO COME! -DH

Click here to see TyRy's Dis binder growth over time...
< "Miss you, mom."
312.Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:34 AM   #71
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Arrow DINING EXTRAVAGANZA 9/23-10/3 | DH opines! ,pt.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Today we had ADR's at Chefs de France.....
I am in search of French Onion Soup.

I then had just the house salad with the balsamic vinaigrette and DH had the Crepe Basquaise.
Well...the wife and I are Baked French Onion Soup (BFOS) nuts, and we grade BFOS using what we consider to be THE baseline for BFOS quality - a place near and dear to us called The Golden Steer. Few to none match The Golden Steer's BFOS in terms of flavor, consistency, cheese flavor & consistency, baked cheese drippage down the side of the bowl, crouton style & thickness, onion (both quality and quantity). Size doesn't necessarily matter...too large can spoil your appetite, but I'll never complain!

Now where was I?
Oh yes, the BFOS at Chefs de France was top notch, one of the few good quality Baked French Onion Soups available at Disney. There are some "passable" BFOS' we've found, but few that are really good. (the one other that was know of to this point is at Boatwright's @ Riverside, the other resort connected with Port Orleans FQ. They have a 3 or 4-cheese Baked French Onion Soup that's pretty damn good!

-- Roaring Forks at The Wilderness Lodge? lame
Others have mentioned that the "deluxe" resorts have lower quality counter service, and in this case, they were right!
I can see why, as they expect more to use the nicer retaurants in these, but that's not the reality here. Tons of mom's like to get the kiddie (finger) foods here...and the WL is a HUGE family drawing resort. Plus they don't have Mickey Waffles, and that's a travesty! Looking at what we had, I can't believe a cheeseburger and chicken strips were $23.88 !!! LOL...

...MORE TO COME! -DH

Click here to see TyRy's Dis binder growth over time...
< "Miss you, mom."
312.Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #72
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Great dining report - my mouth is watering! I also like the DH opinions. It is rare to see two different insights in a dining report. Hope there is more to come!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:45 PM   #73
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Great dining report - my mouth is watering! I also like the DH opinions. It is rare to see two different insights in a dining report. Hope there is more to come!
Thanks so much Lia - I need tell DH to start back up - he wanted me to wait for "his side" to catch up, so stayed tuned!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:59 PM   #74
ShooshBrat
Mouseketeer

You're making me SO HUNGRY!!

Found your link from another post....and am getting VERY HUNGRY with all those awesome pics!!

Wish I had more time to read/look.....but have to head to work, so subscribing so I can read later!!

Thanks for all the awesome info and pics!

Baby aka Da Brat....or you can just call me Amy

Taking the World By Storm- Our Pre-TR-WITH PICS- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post19898424

I've Been BOO'ed!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/baby_aka_dabrat

Me (37) DH (34) irate: DD (19)
ShooshBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #75
jenbierling
Earning My Ears

Loving the reviews! I'm 180 days out from our next trip in Jan. These are a great help as I try to decide on ADRs. Thanks!
jenbierling is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: