Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #256
hbarnha2
Earning My Ears

So I just finished up with the phone interview... My role choices included FSFB, QSFB, Attractions, and I added Mechandise during the interview.

Here are all the questions I was asked....

First it was verifying your personal information and going over the dress code at Disney.
Then she asked about job experience and to describe some of your duties at work.
She asked if there were any roles that I had any questions about or that I wanted to add to my list. I had selected FSFB, QSFB, and attractions but did add merchandise during the interview. (She didn't ask me my top 3 but considering I had only picked 3 to begin with there wasn't really a reason to ask.)
After that she went into the role specific questions and I will try to write down all I remember...
1) Why do you want to do the CP/ work at Disney?
2) How do you feel living with 1-7 roommates?
3) How would you greet guests coming into the restaurant?
4) How would you manage getting tasks completed with interuptions?
5) Have you had to give any type of presentation, how long was it, and how did you feel doing it?
6) How would you feel about working outdoors?
7) Do you prefer to work as a team or individually?
8) At what pace do you prefer to work?
(I think that was pretty much it on those questions)
After that she went through a few more yes or no questions pertaining to the application.
At the end she asked if I had anymore questions about the program and that is when I mentioned I wanted to work at the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom if I was chosen for FSFB but would be happy to work anywhere in the MK.

Check out my blog for more info... I will try to keep things updated!

heatherbwdwcp .blogspot. com

http://heatherbwdwcp.blogspot.com/

Last edited by hbarnha2; 03-21-2011 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Added another question that was asked.
hbarnha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #257
Adpi<>Belle
Fall advantage 2011 Attractions cast member!

Hey everyone!
I know that interviews can be totalllyyy nervewrecking! So in order to prepare for my interview I put together a "study guide" type thing of questions/tips for myself etc. and reviewed it many times before my interview. I was accepted about a month ago for attractions for fall advantage! I cannot wait to get down there and I am so excited for those of you still interviewing!! I cant wait to meet you all!! Please please feel free to ask me any questions at all and definitley check out the page on my blog called interview tips/questions and hopefully it will be a huge help for all of you!!!! Goodluck!

http://alyssasdreamcometrue.blogspot...-22-maybe.html

Have a magical day!!

Follow me on my journey to the happiest place on earth

http://alyssasdreamcometrue.blogspot.com/

...If you keep on believing...The dreams that you wish WILL come true!
Adpi<>Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #258
ericaWDWCP
Earning My Ears

Were there any questions in the phone interview that were difficult to answer?
Old 03-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #259
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericaWDWCP View Post
Were there any questions in the phone interview that were difficult to answer?
I had a couple during my third interview that I found tricky to answer
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #260
DisneySooner
Earning My Ears

Joanna- I have my phone interview set for Thursday morning and I'm nervous of course, but I'm concerned its a little late in the game to be applying for the Fall CP. In your opinion, do you think I'm too late in applying?
DisneySooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #261
Adpi<>Belle
Fall advantage 2011 Attractions cast member!

DisneySooner:

I know that your question wasnt directed to me but if it helps, I know someone who applied last week and just got accepted.
It is def. not too late to apply and get in!! They space it out so that they are accepting people all the way through the time that it is open to apply!!

Dont be nervous about your interview! It really is not as bad as it sounds! If you want some tips/ examples of questions check out the page on my blog!!

alyssasdreamcometrue.blogspot.com

let me know if ya have any more questions!

Follow me on my journey to the happiest place on earth

http://alyssasdreamcometrue.blogspot.com/

...If you keep on believing...The dreams that you wish WILL come true!
Adpi<>Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #262
DisneySooner
Earning My Ears

Thanks Belle! That makes me feel a little better, I'm sure I'll be fine. My campus rep says that I'm a strong candidate whatever that means

and I'll def check out your page!
Old 03-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #263
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySooner View Post
Joanna- I have my phone interview set for Thursday morning and I'm nervous of course, but I'm concerned its a little late in the game to be applying for the Fall CP. In your opinion, do you think I'm too late in applying?
No, I don't think it's too late to be applying. Good luck!
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #264
hbarnha2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySooner View Post
I just had my interview last night and was thinking the same thing (too late to apply). The lady I interviewed with sounded very optimistic though and it also sounds like there are going to be quite a few positions opening up after entertainment auditions are over... Good luck! The interview is very easy! The only question I stumbled on a little was "How do you handle getting tasks done with multiple interruptions?" If you've looked over this thread, you will be fine!!!

http://heatherbwdwcp.blogspot.com/
hbarnha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #265
DisneySooner
Earning My Ears

OMG I just had my interview a few hours ago....As soon as the phone rang a light went off in my head and I answered the phone "I hope you're having a magical Disney Day this is Caleb!" The lady just started cracking up so I felt really good about everything after that. They asked me a bunch of custodial questions but I hope i don't get that. Anyway I'm super excited!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #266
pinke7319
Earning My Ears

I'm pretty sure Vacation Planning is my number one choice, what are some questions I could expect for that specific rule?
pinke7319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #267
dampedmango
Earning My Ears

Want to give back.

I spent all of last night reading this thread and preparing for my interview this morning. I just finished with the interview and wanted to give back to everyone else that helped me out, as well as help out future applicants. I don't have a blog or anything to link you to, but send me a PM and I will email you with the study guide that I used. I got the questions from someone else, I just can't remember exactly who at this point. But I was prepared and I had an answer for every single question they asked to me. If you have any questions for me on how it went or what you need to know let me know. I wanna help out as much as I can. Again if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have been anywhere close to prepared. Thanks again.
dampedmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #268
grlwonder
Mouseketeer

I know that usually they ask the question if you'd prefer doing QSFB, but what question do they ask if someone puts it as one of there choices. It's not one of my top 3 choices, but I don't mind doing it. It sounds like fun.

DCP Spring Advantage 2013: accepted for Merchandise!

grlwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #269
beautybutafunnygirl
Living a Fairy Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by grlwonder View Post
I know that usually they ask the question if you'd prefer doing QSFB, but what question do they ask if someone puts it as one of there choices. It's not one of my top 3 choices, but I don't mind doing it. It sounds like fun.
They might not ask you to add ANY roles to your role checklist. They might ask you if you'd be willing to do custodial or housekeeping. It depends entirely on the interviewer and also what roles they need to fill, especially at this point in the recruiting season. If they're short qsfb and you checked it off, there's a good chance you'll get it.

CP blog: BBB Fall Advantage 2011

beautybutafunnygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #270
Prock
Mouseketeer

I just had my interview and I'm worried, it only lasted about 15 minutes but when I look back on all the questions it seems like most of the ones posted were asked. But several common ones werent, like what are your top three roles
Prock is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: