Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #196
bantha09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yisy1990 View Post
I just saw the notification in which they congratulate me! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bana na::wizard ::ch eer2:
Congrats, and welcome to the boards!
Old 10-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #197
Yisy1990
Earning My Ears

THANK U BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know your arrival day already?
I see your in custodial, im in Quick-Service Food and Beverage.
Ohhhh btw they only send an email, they didn't send me the Little Packet I see they usually send. That happened to u?
Yisy1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2010, 12:40 AM   #198
saul9stevens
Earning My Ears

Tricky questions !

Can anyone here enlist the questions !

Last edited by saul9stevens; 10-10-2013 at 01:39 AM.
saul9stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #199
CP-Chris MA
Earning My Ears

Hello all,

I'm brand new and I thank you all for all of this advice and input!

I have my phone interview tomorrow at 9:15 AM and I have read all 14 pages of this topic twice, so again thank you all!!!

I'm a tad bit nervous because it's been a while since being interviewed at all, so this phone call should be interesting. AHH

Last edited by CP-Chris MA; 10-28-2010 at 08:54 PM.
CP-Chris MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #200
lilmissdisney216
Pawsitively Lovin a Labrador!

just had my phone interview yesterday and I was in a sweat for nothing. My roles I picked were BBB hostess, character attendant, and attractions. My interviewer asked alot about my experience in dealing with makeup (I'm a theatre geek and LOVE using any sort of stage makeup) and what not. So nervous about what the results are going to be!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #201
TomSteffler
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all of your advice, everyone! Just finished my phone interview. Reading everything you all wrote really helped!
TomSteffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #202
faithlovePIXIEDUST
Earning My Ears

hey guys
I just came across this topic and it is great so far! I can't wait to interview. I want to do
1. Attractions
2. Concierge
3. Character Attendant
4. Merchandise

I was wondering if anybody knew of any questions they might ask, specifically about the concierge one? No one has really said anything about that one on this board. And do you know if they ask if you can request which area you would like to work in or do you need to bring it up yourself?

Thanks
faithlovePIXIEDUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #203
TinkerMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithlovePIXIEDUST View Post
hey guys
I just came across this topic and it is great so far! I can't wait to interview. I want to do
1. Attractions
2. Concierge
3. Character Attendant
4. Merchandise

I was wondering if anybody knew of any questions they might ask, specifically about the concierge one? No one has really said anything about that one on this board. And do you know if they ask if you can request which area you would like to work in or do you need to bring it up yourself?

Thanks
A question that they could ask for both concierge and merchandise is if you've ever handled money before. Specifically, if you've ever sold anything and hence collected money from other people, and if you've ever counted back someone's change to them. Another concierge question would be if you've ever made reservations for something. They are general questions around what concierges do and if you've ever done anything along those lines.

Concierge is essentially reserved for hospitality majors. If you're not a hospitality major, regardless of previous hospitality experience there is an enormous chance that they will not cast you as concierge. Non hospitality majors have a higher chance (though still a somewhat low chance) of being cast in the general hospitality role than being cast as concierge.

Now here is an educated guess...they might make an exception if your previous hospitality experience is working as a concierge or front desk agent at another hotel because I would think that if they have proof that you've already done this specific job they may trust you more with it. This is just a hunch.

All of the people who have been cast for CP as concierge that I have spoken to said that they are hospitality majors. All of them have also already done the college program before so if your major is hospitality and you've already done the CP they essentially have all of the concierge spots reserved for you.

You can make a request to work at a specific area either at the end of the phone interview or via e-mail after you've been accepted. You bring it up, they never ask you "oh so where do you want to work?" They can't be that accommodating because they have to put you where you fit and where there is space. When it comes to requests they let you make them but you're not guaranteed to get them. They make sure to remind you that no area you request is guaranteed anytime you make a request. Some people are lucky and get their requests while others aren't.

WDW: Oct ‘97 OS...Aug ‘02 OS & The Grand Floridian...Aug-Sept ‘04 Coronado Springs...Sept ‘05 The Polynesian DL: Aug ‘07 The Disneyland Hotel...2008-2009~8 trips with AP~2 BDAYs DCL: Aug-Sept ‘02 The Disney Wonder~4-night Bahamas...Aug-Sept ‘05 The Disney Magic~the original 14-night Eastbound Panama Canal cruise~Sweet 16...May 2010 The Disney Magic~11-night Mediterranean~21st BDAY
TinkerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #204
faithlovePIXIEDUST
Earning My Ears

thank you so much for the info!!!
faithlovePIXIEDUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:08 PM   #205
TinkerMouse
Mouseketeer

You're welcome!

WDW: Oct ‘97 OS...Aug ‘02 OS & The Grand Floridian...Aug-Sept ‘04 Coronado Springs...Sept ‘05 The Polynesian DL: Aug ‘07 The Disneyland Hotel...2008-2009~8 trips with AP~2 BDAYs DCL: Aug-Sept ‘02 The Disney Wonder~4-night Bahamas...Aug-Sept ‘05 The Disney Magic~the original 14-night Eastbound Panama Canal cruise~Sweet 16...May 2010 The Disney Magic~11-night Mediterranean~21st BDAY
TinkerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:22 PM   #206
Tinxe
Earning My Ears

I think the biggest part of the interview is sounding happy and excited. The trickyest question for me was why do you want to work at disney, which i completely messed up my answer, the interview only lasted 15 minutes. But 3 weeks later i got my folder!
Tinxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #207
JamesPankywitz
WDWCP 2011 FA Custodial CP

I am going to apply to Fall Advantage 2011 Custodial. Does anyone know what Custodial specific questions they could ask?
JamesPankywitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:16 AM   #208
thisisemily
Earned my Ears!

I am applying for FA 2011 in a week. I am starting to get SOO nervous for the phone interview.
But I am currently working on a cheat-sheet for the interview

thisisemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #209
squish86
Mouseketeer

I assure you that you will not need a cheat sheet... the CP interview is the most ridiculously easy interview you will ever have in your entire life...

You will do the interview and then immediately wish you had not wasted your time worrying, because it really is a joke of an interview... its more of a screening to see if you are a weirdo and sociable or not...
squish86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #210
thisisemily
Earned my Ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squish86 View Post
I assure you that you will not need a cheat sheet... the CP interview is the most ridiculously easy interview you will ever have in your entire life...

You will do the interview and then immediately wish you had not wasted your time worrying, because it really is a joke of an interview... its more of a screening to see if you are a weirdo and sociable or not...
I will completely blank if I don't have a cheat sheet. I know it.

thisisemily is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: