Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #181
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Port Orleans Mansion Royal accessible room

I found this posted on a thread on the Resorts Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
There are several types of Accessible room at Port Orleans (I've got a full list at www.portorleans.org/rooms-accessible.php) but basically the wheelchair accessible rooms come in two variants, one with a roll-in shower and the other with a bathtub that you can get a wheelchair alongside. Both types have an 'open plan' washroom area, with the shower/tub, a single basin, and the toilet all within the same large room which has a sliding door separating it from the main sleeping area:

Because this layout removes the space for the shelf and hanging rail from the wash area, these rooms also feature an extra armoire-style wardrobe in the main bedroom area. Also, to allow more space between the queen-size beds, the recessed alcove next to the entrance doorway is 'bumped-out' to give a flat wall, and thus slightly more floor space (although no option for a connecting doorway to the next room).

The exact locations of all of the Accessible rooms are listed in my floorplan layouts which you can view by clicking on any of the accommodation buildings in the maps at www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php

Andre

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #182
JLBoyer
Earning My Ears

Good to know. Thank You.
JLBoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #183
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

I have a trip the end of this April at a 2BDRM BCV so I will post up pictures of the unit when I return here and at https://www.facebook.com/#!/Disneyabled

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Capt. Barbosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #184
kadorseyusa
Earning My Ears

help

Does anyone know about the disabled rooms at the Yacht Club. We got a killer deal for late august, and normally we stay at Port Orleans but this is the first time I will need a shower that will enable me to walk in.

Last edited by kadorseyusa; 04-28-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: misspelling
kadorseyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #185
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

What do you want to know? Roll in showers are available at all resorts, so also at YC.

Dus yc on a split stay end of 2011, had a standard view room with roll in shower.
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Always keep wishing, dreaming and hoping.

goofieslonglostsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #186
kadorseyusa
Earning My Ears

Yc

Just need to make certain that they have them available with queen beds. My son will be staying in my room (he is 43) and I don't want them to think we are a couple and give a king.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #187
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

You will want to specify this to your tastes or cm when booking. By now they book room that specifies type of accessibility AND type of bedding. Things can happen and I Could see where 2 adults will then be a lieden priority to for instance 3, but if not booking right odds are bad.

And yes, this combi is available. Been in it.
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Always keep wishing, dreaming and hoping.

goofieslonglostsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #188
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I have not stayed at YC but have stayed at BWI in HA rooms. HA rooms are a bookable catagory by what type of sleeping arrangements 2 Q's or a King as is the type of Bath/Shower roll in etc.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #189
kadorseyusa
Earning My Ears

wonderful

Thanks loads,

I think my grand-daughter might be our third in room which will take care of that, but just in case.

I'm soooo excited huge family trip 13 of us, just want everything to go well.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #190
Mom B
DIS Veteran

Jambo house HA studio?

Anyone have info or pics on the HA rooms (studios) in Jambo House? We stayed in a HA room at Kidani in January but decided to try Jambo for the next trip for something different...and hoping that there isn't QUITE as much walking required to get to the room. (Those LONG Kidani hallways can be killers and room requests just don't seem to get much attention lately.) Can you give me an idea how similar or different the HA studios are from one to the other? Room locations? Pictures would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks so much!
PO 11/92, WL 10/97, OKW/VB 1/99, ASMo/OKW/Royal Mansions 10/02, BWV 1/04, SSR/BWV 1/06, OKW/VB 1/07, SSR 1/09, VB/AKV/SSR 1/10, VB/OKW 1/11, VB/AKV 1/12, VB/First Members Cruise on the Disney Dream/AKV 1/13, BLT 9/13, 40th Anniversary OKW 1/14, VB/AKV/VB Family Reunion Trip 10/14 - The best is yet to come!

10/2004 DVC members Vero Beach 5/2008 DVC members Old Key West 1/09 DVC members Animal Kingdom Kidani
Mom B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:48 PM   #191
momofbk
Earning My Ears

All-Star Sports

Can anyone tell me about the king/double rooms at All-Star Sports that have roll-in showers? Does anyone have pictures or a room layout? I'm just wondering, with both beds in those small rooms will there still be room for a wheelchair or ECV to manuver. Thanks!
momofbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #192
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofbk View Post
Can anyone tell me about the king/double rooms at All-Star Sports that have roll-in showers? Does anyone have pictures or a room layout? I'm just wondering, with both beds in those small rooms will there still be room for a wheelchair or ECV to manuver. Thanks!
When we stayed at All-Star Sports in 2010, we had an ECV and an Electric wheelchair in the room. We started out in a king room and then moved to a double bed room... There was definitely more maneuvering room in the king room, but were still able to get both in the double room.... it was tight but doable. Sorry didn't take any pictures. HTH

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
ShhhQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #193
Ladygoldenhair
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would upload photos for the rooms, but if you stayed in the HA king roll in shower, just picture a connected double double, same room number. I needed this combo last year but did not have the option, I had to pay for two double doubles, with one HA room.
I. Could not bunk a 16 with me and the handicap person could not sleep with others. Not sure on the cost of the room as it was a package.

It was at the rear of the resort very far from the food court. The computer pool and parking lot where close by. If you walked around the outside parking past the 90's you could get to the bus stop easier. I ended up driving with the mobility equipment needs.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #194
shellf0969
Earning My Ears

I stayed in 3510 in Saratoga Springs. I really loved it. I was big enough for my daughter's wheelchair. The dining area was a little tight. Overall, it was very nice. Loved the pool and the lift chair into the pool.
shellf0969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #195
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Video tour of our preferred Accessible 1 King + 1 Double at Sports in April - http://youtu.be/HM4UjW1bG4Y
That's not a public video.

Message me if you have questions about it, but I think the video will show you what you need to know.

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: