Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 05:52 PM   #451
jacksmom
DIS Veteran

I called CR directly. They did not appear to have a problem with me calling so early! The Nemo cake is an 8 inch cake for $25 plus $7 for the decorations on it! I did request the diver also!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:17 PM   #452
MAGICX2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintastic
I just love this cake:

I don't mind if it's a "frozen" cake, I think it's adorable and DD would love it. Where can I find it?
We had this exact cake for DS 5th bday this past May. I ordered it from the Boardwalk Bakery and had it delivered to our BW room, but they can deliver it anywhere on site. It was soooo yummy, very think and rich!

MeDH DS13DD10
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2006, 10:32 PM   #453
MAGICX2
DIS Veteran

Little Mermaid

Does anyone have pics or even seen an Ariel cake? My daughter is all about Ariel and may be at WDW for her 3rd bday. Would love to see some pics.

MeDH DS13DD10
Old 11-02-2006, 01:57 PM   #454
loveDmouse
Mickey was first
They need to change the limit on pumps

I called the number for WL and they tried to transfer me to Artist Point but then it wouldn't go through. I decided to call Disney Dining to see what info they have and they gave me a different number. I called it and got through to a very nice lady who helped me with our anniversary cake.
Choices were vanilla, chocolate or marble cake, vanilla, choc or rasberry filling, and then vanilla, choc, whipped, choc ganache (sp?) icing. I think those were all the choices. I didn't ask about characters or anything since it was for our anniversary. I don't know what else they might have. The smaller cake they have can't be personalized so I got the bigger cake. I think it is 10". I have to look at my papers which I dont' have with me at the moment. It is $40. I hope it is worth it.
I will let you all know how it turns out. We go in Dec.
Thanks for this wonderful thread.

Always in our Hearts!
Old 11-02-2006, 03:12 PM   #455
Fintastic
Living vicariously

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICX2
We had this exact cake for DS 5th bday this past May. I ordered it from the Boardwalk Bakery and had it delivered to our BW room, but they can deliver it anywhere on site. It was soooo yummy, very think and rich!
Thank you!
born August 2009

No trips planned anytime soon.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:04 PM   #456
scraptoons
I'm having an identity crisis
Can't you take your laptop to the loo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICX2
Was it really yummy?

What flavor/s are on the inside?

How much?

How much time was it from ordering to delivery?
Old 11-03-2006, 07:17 AM   #457
mlill
Tagless since 2000!
Tagless, but not forgotten!

Hi! We just got back from a week in WDW for Halloween! I called California Grill about two weeks before our trip and ordered a custom cake to have after our dinner on Oct. 29th. I got the 8" vanilla cake with white chocolate mouse and white chocolate icing. It was $25 (minus the 20% off with the Disney Dining Experience card) and was added onto our bill at dinner. I told them to decorate it for Halloween, and here is what it looked like...

I was very happy with the way it turned out! The kids loved it and the cake was delicious!

-Michelle
Old 11-03-2006, 07:33 PM   #458
jacksmom
DIS Veteran

Just wondering has anyone has ever ordered a cake at Sci Fi??? If so, what was it like? Or from 50's PT???
Old 11-04-2006, 08:25 AM   #459
GOODoldPAL
Mouseketeer

thanks for sharing cake info all - subscribing so I can decide what to order before our trip next May.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:54 AM   #460
The Sweetness
Queen of her castle

Also arriving in May (31) Can anyone tell me if the vanilla icing/ frosting is more like whiped cream (not overly sweet) or cake frosting (like betty crocker etc...)TIA

Old 11-06-2006, 01:38 PM   #461
Tasmen
Crazy Cat Lady
Not that there is anything wrong with that

I have a few questions. My husband and I are having a year of anniversary trips. We are planning our WDW trip in May. I want to surprise him one night at dinner with a 'Happy anniversary' cake. I'm assuming Nightmare Before Christmas characters are on the list of characters you can get on a cake? We had some Jack & Sally champagne flutes at our wedding and I thought it would be a nice touch to have them on a cake. Also, is there any flexibility at all as to the type of cake you can get? We had red velvet cake at our wedding and I'd love to have some made if at all possible.

WDW - Poly - 1980
WDW - Poly - 2007 & 2011
Hitting Disneyland since 1988 -- way too many trips to count

PTR - Pink Side of the Force ~ May 2014
Old 11-06-2006, 01:43 PM   #462
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlill
Hi! We just got back from a week in WDW for Halloween! I called California Grill about two weeks before our trip and ordered a custom cake to have after our dinner on Oct. 29th. I got the 8" vanilla cake with white chocolate mouse and white chocolate icing. It was $25 (minus the 20% off with the Disney Dining Experience card) and was added onto our bill at dinner. I told them to decorate it for Halloween, and here is what it looked like...

I was very happy with the way it turned out! The kids loved it and the cake was delicious!

-Michelle
Love this one!!!!!!!!!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 11-06-2006, 05:33 PM   #463
nicolita3
DIS Veteran

these cakes look so good!
Old 11-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #464
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

We're back from my birthday trip. The cake was fabulous! They delivered it to our room at the BC, exactly at the pre-arranged time. The 10" was huge! We ate on it all week and ended up throwing some of it out. FYI, it was too big for the fridges in the room.

Anyway, it was yellow cake with strawberry custard filling. It had a layer of chocolate buttercream on top and ganache on top of that. It was delicious.

Here are pics (cross your fingers, it works)

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 11-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #465
mylittleprincess
DIS Veteran

A Cake for my daughter's 5th Birthday at Castle

This is a great forum. I have just sat here and read every page. I think I am getting more confused on who to call. We have 2 reservations for our upcoming trip in December. Lunch with the princesses at Epcot & Dinner at the Castle on my daughter's actual Birthday. Unfortunatley Lunch & Breakfast at Castle was booked the ENTIRE week! We are NOT staying inside Disney. We have a house 10 minutes away. Where can I get a special cake for her? We do have a rental car. The problem is figuring out where I want to have her cake. She LOVES Ariel! Please any help is much appreciated.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: