Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #16
Bunchkin
DIS Veteran

Love the Mickey head ideas. I already have a ton, saved over the years! I was going to use them for scrapbooking!

One trip staying at ASMovies, Buzz section, we hung a Toy Story birthday party banner from the inside window, along with Toy Story beanies that Disney Store used to sell eons ago.

For Christmas 2003, we had 2 connecting rooms at POP. We put a fiber optic tree in one room, which was standing on our cooler with a tree skirt covering it. And in the other window there was lights and window stickies. Mousekeeping always turned our lights and tree on for us. And even took the drapes and placed them around the back of the tree, enclosing it, so it would ge all aglow in the the window....so pretty!!

Decorating is so fun!!

We're going for MNSSHP for the 1st time this year and I can't wait to decorate the windows for that!!!!

I think I'll bring that new huge size Post-It paper we have, I even saw a bigger size at Sam's Club this week....HUGE!!!!! That would be cool to hang on the door to sign. And you could put up a new sheet if it gets filled and be able to keep it!!
Old 05-04-2006, 09:38 PM   #17
DisneyMommyMichelle
I'm a TP nerd!
John Travolta = YUMMY!!
Have to let the banana dance
Thanks everyone for making me feel normal today!
Dork here I know!

Hi all!!!! we did the Wip Board last year!! it was awesome, but tooooo small! we had to clear it out at ourlunch break every day!!! so this year we bought butcher block paper and are going to have it the length of the door so that we have a permanant keep-sake for our scrapbook!!! and this way people can leave messages and such!! each day we would write what park we are going to and such. On the day we went to MNSSHP i had a ghost cut out of paper and stuck him to the door with MNSSHP written on it! people even signed him! it was fabulous!!

Our windows had lights, disney window stickies, halloween decorations, pumpkins, plush and the like in it!! we are doing the same this year, but trying to make it better somehow! not sure how yet, but we're thinking!!!

If you are staying at POP 9/29-10/6 look for our room in the 70s section!!!!!! and click on the link in my siggie to sign up for the who's going thread!!!

Just a Rebel Homeschooler I guess....
2013 Reading Challenge 257 out of 250
DisneyMommyMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #18
razamataz
Earning My Ears

All of the above ideas are very interesting...

I would have never even thought to "Disney-fy" my hotel room. I may have to "borrow" a few of these ideas.

Just a quick question: Does Home Depot give you the Mickey Heads or do you have to buy them?

Thanks razamataz

razamataz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:01 PM   #19
DisneyMommyMichelle
I'm a TP nerd!
John Travolta = YUMMY!!
Dork here I know!

you just swipe em! they are paint samples, so they are free!!! i always take like 20 or so and then i make my DH take the rest in fact i'm going today for more!!!!!

Old 05-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #20
asa'smom
DIS Veteran

Smile

At Christmas we decorated our window and room. We put a 3 FT. Christmas tree on the table in front of the window. Throughout the week we would add what we got in the parks under the tree. i place a garland around the window and put a single battery operated candle in the sill. Also Mousekeeping added a few of their own creative features to it also. In the room I had disney window clings on the mirror, disney tissue boxes and candy dish. i loved sitting in the room at night with the Christmas tree lit.

July 4 - 12, 2000 ASMu
July 3 - 11, 2003 ASMo
Dec 16 - 24, 2005 POP
Dec 14 - 22, 2007 POP
Dec 25 -Jan 2, 2011 POP

asa'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:54 PM   #21
julsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMommyMichelle
Hi all!!!! we did the Wip Board last year!! it was awesome, but tooooo small! we had to clear it out at ourlunch break every day!!! so this year we bought butcher block paper and are going to have it the length of the door so that we have a permanant keep-sake for our scrapbook!!! and this way people can leave messages and such!! each day we would write what park we are going to and such. On the day we went to MNSSHP i had a ghost cut out of paper and stuck him to the door with MNSSHP written on it! people even signed him! it was fabulous!!
I remember that was you that gave me the dry erase board idea! Thanks! You have alot of great ideas. Were you ever weary of leaving the marker outside of the door? I am a little bit nervous of someone doing something bad with it. Also, I am nervous that noone will ever sign it!

DD (5)

Leaving in 18 days!!!
julsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:01 PM   #22
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razamataz
I would have never even thought to "Disney-fy" my hotel room. I may have to "borrow" a few of these ideas.

Just a quick question: Does Home Depot give you the Mickey Heads or do you have to buy them?

Thanks razamataz

see my tag.
i earned it

i have about 400 mickey heads now.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #23
DisneyMommyMichelle
I'm a TP nerd!
John Travolta = YUMMY!!
Dork here I know!

Quote:
I remember that was you that gave me the dry erase board idea! Thanks! You have alot of great ideas. Were you ever weary of leaving the marker outside of the door? I am a little bit nervous of someone doing something bad with it. Also, I am nervous that noone will ever sign it
Hi there!!! we were afraid that no one would sign, but we didn't even come close to having that problem!!! we packed the wipe board in our carryon (since we did the DME) and we put it up before we even opened up our room!!! After we put the carry on in our room and freshened up a bit (only like 15minutes) we had 2 messages already!!!!

As far as the marker, we didn't think twice about it. we didn't get any wierd or bad messages at all!! it was fabulous!!!

Have fun and let us know what you do to decorate your window!!!

Quote:
Leaving in 18 days!!!
SOOOO lucky!!! i wish i was going so soon!!!!

Old 05-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #24
DisneyMommyMichelle
I'm a TP nerd!
John Travolta = YUMMY!!
Dork here I know!

ooo one more thing we did last year, DH just reminded me!! we only did it once, but this year we are going to have it out the whole week!!

We bought a cheap-o punkin (pumpkin) trick-or-treat basket (.99 at Wal-Mart) and filled it with candy and left it on our door handle!! people left us messages about the treats!!! we left it out the day we went to MNSSHP.

We figured if someone steals the basket oh well, if THAT really makes them happy it only cost us .99 and if not it would be a nice surprise for people

Old 05-07-2006, 05:03 PM   #25
Yardbird
Picks up a variety of nuts every few weeks
I have one in the center of my right hand
butter or nothing for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluLovesDisney
That's what I was going to suggest!

I laminate everything! I'm a teacher and I literally spent hundreds of dollars on posters only to have them graffitied. I started laminating and it's very difficult to do permanent damage. Even sharpie ink can be removed with nail polish remover.

You can also get magnetic paper at Walmart (or similar store) and make a custom sign with your names and the date on it and hang that on your door. I've seen some DISers make beautiful ones!
I'm not at all crafty, but this is a really good idea. Have there been photos of examples posted on the DIS?
Yardbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #26
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

the problem with covering the entire door with writeable paper is vandalism and blowing rain.

that is the only reason i switched from sheets of paper to mickey heads.

it would be a shame for some idiot to write a bad word in the middle of your sheet, or have a blowing rain satuate it.

using the mickey heads on the outside of the door, works out fine for me.
if someone writes a bad word on it, they are rushing, they cant do that to every head i have taped up.

also, blowing rain, i can dry out the small heads.

i do like your idea of the butcher paper/covering paper, but for me, i like the mickey heads. easy to put up, easy to store.

i hope all of you have a great trip at the mother land.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #27
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

These are all such great ideas!!

I never would have thought to decorate my room/window/door. Now I need to think of something creative to do.

Problem is I have zero creativity.
Too bad no one has any pics of their decorated rooms or windows. Then I could just copy them!

I will be at the CSR with the ladies only trip from 9/28 thru 10/02. So I have time to start planning.

Keep the awesome ideas coming.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #28
ThunderMTexpert
DIS Veteran

maids work?

my little sister stocks up on soo many baby dolls in disney- of course, when we leave for the parks, she leaves her menagerie at the hotel, and believe it or not, the maids pose the toys in silly situations- like, one day, they were waiting for us when we got back, another time, they seemed to be eating at the hotel table- umm- they've been cuddled together in the hotal bed- it's adoreable!!
Old 05-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #29
DisneyMommyMichelle
I'm a TP nerd!
John Travolta = YUMMY!!
Dork here I know!

Just got back from Home Depot and Snagged 45 mickey heads! woohoo!! let the collecting begin!!

I'm too excited!!

i'm thinking of getting some cute ribbon at Archivers (scrap booking store) and then putting holes in the heads of the mickeys and stringing them together to make some sort of garland for either the window or the door

Old 05-07-2006, 08:09 PM   #30
julsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMommyMichelle
Hi there!!! we were afraid that no one would sign, but we didn't even come close to having that problem!!! we packed the wipe board in our carryon (since we did the DME) and we put it up before we even opened up our room!!! After we put the carry on in our room and freshened up a bit (only like 15minutes) we had 2 messages already!!!!

As far as the marker, we didn't think twice about it. we didn't get any wierd or bad messages at all!! it was fabulous!!!

Have fun and let us know what you do to decorate your window!
How did you mount your wipe board?

DD (5)
julsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: