Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Lightroom 3 or Aperture 3
Lightroom 3 13 86.67%
Aperture 3 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2006, 07:15 PM   #16
Ratpack
WL VET

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by handicap18
For the last 8 years or so that I've had my N70 (new D50 should be arriving the end of this week) I have been using a fanny pack camera bag. Its made by Lowepro. The main part nicely fits the camera body and my Quantary bounce flash (or it could also fit the body with a 50mm or short zoom lens still attached). On each side of the main part is a lens pouch. One side fits my Quantary 28-80zoom with a lens hood and the other side tightly fits my Quantary 70-300zoom also with lens hood and cover.

It has served me well with trips around the world (Asia, Caribbean, England, Mexico and around the U.S. and Canada). I believed I got it at Ritz camera for around $20.

In this pic its hanging kind of low. I ended up tightening it more for a better fit. This is the best pic I have that I could find quickly.

I have the same one in black. It is the Lowepro Off Trail 1 or 2. My guess is yours is the 2 if it has other pouches other than the two lens cases and the main case. Very nice for parks. I carried mine around Seaworld for two days without a single complaint. Very easy to access the camera.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #17
ImarriedGrumpy
AKA Miss lady who isn't my mommy
artsfan married booksandcats!
Loves Target so much she has a planned "path" she follows

I've ended up using the Lowepro Orion Trekker most often. I like that it has a "regular backpack" space in the upper compartment for misc. stuff like sunscreen, poncho, small wallet, blister prevention/treatment, etc. I love the bag and use it a lot, but I do have two issues with the Trekker -

1. It took me a bit to get the feel for how to quickly get my camera (digital Rebel) in and out of the camera compartment. To be honest, I usually end up wearing my camera around my neck most of the time and putting it in the bag for rides as needed. My DH has gotten good at getting the camera out for me when I'm wearing the bag as well.

2. No place for my tripod. I wish I'd bought the model with straps for the tripod...

I did scotchguard my bag and have had no problems with stuff getting wet.

Delighted to be married to a Grumpy! Me DH DS (6) Beatrice Rosalind Alton
ImarriedGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2006, 06:02 AM   #18
eeyoreiscool
DIS Veteran

I use the Lowepro Nova 1 or 3 depending on how much I want to carry. The 3 has enough room to carry my Nikon D70, extra lens, external flash and still have room left over.
eeyoreiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:26 AM   #19
sanilacjack
DIS Veteran

Talking

I just bought a new home for my e-volt 500. It's made by Crumpler. I found it through www.midwestbags.com.

I purchased the 5 million dollar home bag, up they have a wide varity including slings and b-packs.

I can honestly say they have the best looking bags and are made to the highest quality. Pictures don't do them justice.

Kim
sanilacjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #20
handicap18
Husband, father of 3, and Disney addict
Keep the game flowin and keep the people participating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpack
I have the same one in black. It is the Lowepro Off Trail 1 or 2. My guess is yours is the 2 if it has other pouches other than the two lens cases and the main case. Very nice for parks. I carried mine around Seaworld for two days without a single complaint. Very easy to access the camera.
Mine just says Lowepro Off Trail. No number associated with it. The 2 lens pouches are removeable. Though I have never taken them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImarriedGrumpy
I did scotchguard my bag and have had no problems with stuff getting wet.
Excellent idea. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.
Nikon D600 : Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 : Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D : Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR : Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VRII AF-S: Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM : Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM : SB-900 Speedlight Flash.
handicap18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:22 AM   #21
Queen_freckles
Mouseketeer

We have a Lowepro backpack! Love it for our digital and regular camera!
Queen_freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #22
Scottwdw
PS Wizard

I love this board but you guys keep coming up with stuff I get a hankering for. I have an old, ugly, not park friendly camera back that has served me well. I used to tote a Nikon 8008s SLR around the parks until I got my Nikon CP 995. I've gotten used to small and light so I've been concerned about having the D70 with me at WDW and other field trips.

This thread got me to searching for more information and I came upon this site I thought might be useful for others thinking about camera bags:

CamBags.com

Find your camera and it'll list some bags with user reviews and pictures. Gives you a good idea how much a camera holds and the size of the bags.
Disney Photoblog: Picture This!

Webmaster of the Planning Strategy (PS) Calculator for Disney Reservations
Proud Disney World Visitor Since 1983
Sorcerer of the PS Calculator
Keeper of the PS FAQ
Scottwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:01 PM   #23
Vagabond
DVC member since 1994 at OKW

Disney photopass question

I need some input on the photopass program. I have tried to contact Disney with my question on the photopass site but no answer yet. My Navy Sea Cadets performed in the flag retreat ceremony at the Magic Kingdom Jan. 4 and a Disney photographer took 54 pics and told our commander that a CD could be purchased of the pics. CD's were not listed on the order section. I don't want my time to run out as they are only on the net for 30 days. This was a very special event. It was the first time an outside organization has performed the flag retreat and Disney officials said the audience was the largest they ever had to observe the retreat ceremony. Has anybody used the photopass program? I read somewhere that a CD could be purchased for about $95 and it would give the purchaser full rights to do their own reprints. Any comments are welcome. Thanks. Cheryl
Old 01-16-2006, 05:52 PM   #24
robertchance
Mouseketeer

does this link help? they say something about a 16 digit code#

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/digital-photos.htm
robertchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:44 AM   #25
brack
The man who loves all things Disney but really loves Annette 'cause she takes him to Disney
Long time amateur photographer
I never tire of the elevator one

We just returned from WDW at Christmas. We left Christmas Eve eve (Dec 23rd). That night was the first night that Disney was selling the CD of the Photopass photos. We bought the second one ever made and paid $99 plus tax. It was well worth it.

A day without Mickey is.... what's the point?

"So many nights I just dream of the ocean, God I wish I was sailin' again" Jimmy Buffett
"In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat - for He grants sleep to those He loves" Psalm 127:2
brack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:59 AM   #26
rtphokie
Photo board moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brack
We just returned from WDW at Christmas. We left Christmas Eve eve (Dec 23rd). That night was the first night that Disney was selling the CD of the Photopass photos. We bought the second one ever made and paid $99 plus tax. It was well worth it.

$99? That's a lot of money. How many photos did that include? Did it give you the rights to print the photos if you wish?
rtphokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:44 AM   #27
Dan Murphy
We are family.

http://disneyphotomovie.go.com/movie/

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:35 AM   #28
Mom Possible
Mouseketeer

Anyone have the Mountainsmith Aurora medium lumbar camera bag?

Anyone have the Mountainsmith Aurora medium lumbar camera bag?

I am tempted to buy it but I am not sure if it is big enough for my S2IS and misc WDW touring stuff. Really like the idea of a hip pack for the weight.

Your are the Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. Vanity gets you nowhere...
Mom Possible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #29
daisylove
Met a DISboard Celebrity!

I have a regular lumbar pack from them which is great but no idea on the camera bag. Would be interested in this too.

daisylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:27 AM   #30
Tinkertoo
Earning My Ears

Camera Bag

What are some important things to look for in a camera bag?

I plan on purchasing the Canon S3 IS when it comes out, my other digital is very small so I never really used a case. Can you recommend one for me?

Thanks!!
March 2004 - Disney Magic Western Cruise & Disneyworld
November 2004 - Tokyo DisneySea
April 2008 - Disney Magic Eastern Cruise & Disneyworld
Tinkertoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera bag, discount, kata, mountainsmith, photopass

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: