Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2006, 07:05 AM   #106
sara74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbovtec93
HAHA! I was able to post the picture of my surprise for everyone in my signature so have a look and tell me what you think!!!!!

Vey nice! I love that you want to 'wear' a reminder of your family everywhere that you go. A fitting tribute to all of you!

sara74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:00 AM   #107
the Fidge
I miss standing like the statue of Liberty holding the end of the TV antenna
OK so how bad did I want to be on Wonderama??? Go ahead just ask

OMG I was moved to tears thank you for sharing your joy something I will hold onto and may borrow as my son is 9 and will remember your story when and if God willing I should be blessed to be a grandmother!
the Fidge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2006, 08:06 AM   #108
carolfoy
One has Ones hat and One's orf...
and she's back with a vengeance!
looks like someones reads the crap we write then!

just catching up with you all, so glad you're still excited about it. and I love the fortune cookie tattoo by the way
Old 04-14-2006, 05:02 AM   #109
sassymom
Does the tag fairy have any little fairies at home?

Just came on to see if Southwest had put out their new schedule. Poor DM and DF are going batty waiting as this is the only loose end of our trip they can not tie up. Not yet. Thanks for all the continued response to our story. I can speak for all of us when I say we are all still as excited as we were the moment we found out. So hilarious when my 2 year old DS says "we going to dissey". As you can tell we talk about it often and he has picked up our new favorite saying. Looking forward to sharing the next leg of our family journey our trip reports, is it August yet?
Old 04-14-2006, 08:23 PM   #110
lynninpa

Help yourself! I just made a few new batches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake & Crew
Just found this thread and read every post ~ WOW ~ how amazing to see a family share like this with everyone on the dis!!! I come from a close (RI) family also, but I am inspired by the sharing you do. You already have some great scrapbooks in the making with your thoughts and sharing ( and the trip is months away!!) I live in RI and have been teaching people how to make albums for five years ~ if I can help you in any way (free of course) I would be honored. Feel free to PM with any questions, since we are in the same state ( though I am ALL the way north ) would be happy to teach Jac & Co all you need to keep these memories alive for ever. We just made an amazing album for my dad's 60th and it was the most touching thing to be able to have the opportunity to open up and tell dad how much we loved him.

More important than posting here ( though don't stop because you inspire more than you will ever know) keep sharing with each other, it is all about the family and you have a terrific one!!! my best memories are wdw with my parents and siblings growing up, the magic lasts forever!
WOW Jake & Crew! What a wonderful gesture on your part to offer to give us a hand wih our scrapbooking! Thank you! I am sure the album you made for your dad's 60th is fantastic. Again, we thank you! Once back from our adventure i just may give you a call. Well, send you a PM, that is.
lynninpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:28 PM   #111
lynninpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolfoy
just catching up with you all, so glad you're still excited about it. and I love the fortune cookie tattoo by the way
Hello, Carol!
I have thought of you (and your wonderful ideas )often and have been wondering how you are. It was so nice to see your post!
Yes, indeed, we are all still excited and looking forward to our adventure in Disney. All our ADRs are set-now just waiting for SWA to open up flight dates for our trip. That, I must admit, is making me quite frazzled. Again, it was great to "hear" from you.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:08 AM   #112
carolfoy
One has Ones hat and One's orf...
and she's back with a vengeance!
looks like someones reads the crap we write then!

Hi again, I'm off 'stateside' on monday so I'll 'see' you when I get back. good luck with the airfares BTW
Old 04-15-2006, 10:41 PM   #113
Jake & Crew
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to your PM! Understand the flight frazzle, we went through it in Dec, had booked our Land/sea for May Nov 30th but no flight info out until the 2nd week of Dec, it was good news though so hang in there!!!
Jake & Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #114
jenr812
I'm wondering how outta hand you all got after I posted
The TF tried to give MY post to someone else
Those men can be so demanding, wanting to talk and make us get off the computer

I loved reading all about this. I remember your original thread and am all teary eyed reading about the moment of truth! How truly magical. God bless!

TR: The 5 J's Went Back to Disney 5/23-6/4, 2007 *DAY 4: MGM/LTT/MK EMH/Lotsa pics!!*
NICU Nurse & Mom to Jessica(18), Jayden(13) & Jory(9)

July 2-8, 2005 @ POR - Our first family trip & we surprised the kids!
May 23-June 4, 2007 @ POR - Nursing school graduation celebration!
December 14-21, 2008 @ POR - Introduced the in-laws to the Magic!
August 25-Sept 2, 2009 @ POP - Mother/Daughter trip for DD's Sweet 16!

Up next: Jayden's 14th birthday & MNSSHP @ POR October 24-November 4, 2012
Back at The Disboards after a loooong hiatus!
jenr812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:22 AM   #115
cherokeemamma
DIS Veteran

Hey Guys,
I am a little late in finding this thread. But I LOVE it!!!
It brought tears to my eyes too! I can just imagine all of the excitement throughout your family. What a wonderful surprise and what a creative way to reveal it.
I cannot wait to read your TR.
I hope your trip is truly magical!!
cherokeemamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:22 PM   #116
lynninpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeemamma
Hey Guys,
I am a little late in finding this thread. But I LOVE it!!!
It brought tears to my eyes too! I can just imagine all of the excitement throughout your family. What a wonderful surprise and what a creative way to reveal it.
I cannot wait to read your TR.
I hope your trip is truly magical!!
Thank you, Cherokeemamma. It is just so cool to log onto the DisBoards and see that people are still reading our "story."
As far as the Trip Reports go? I am overwhelmed just thinkin' about the idea of writing them! (Yet excited about the idea, too!)
Old 05-24-2006, 08:03 PM   #117
SAsh
Earning My Ears

What a great story!

Thanks for sharing that Magical Moment story with us, love that idea!! We too are going to Disneyland for the FIRST time on June 20th! We have always dreamed of going, and it was always my mom's dream to take us, but that never happened.(my sister did get to go for one night for graduation trip with her senior class, 20 years ago) So my husband and I came into some money and decided we would finally take our two kids, but I decided I just couldn't go without taking my sister's family as that has always been their dream to take their three kids and they just couldn't afford it. So we are all going, NINE of us! We are staying in a family suite, sleeps 10. Our oldest daughter(13) knows about the trip , smarty pants figured it out one day, however our youngest does not know, he is 10, and neither do any of my sister's kids.( 9, 13, and 16). My daughter however does not know all the little surprises we have planned. THe first one is the morning of the 20th a limo will show up to pick us up then later pick up my sister's family. He will present us all with Personalized Gold Mickey ears.( I have a friend in CA that is sending them to me)Plus I ordered carry on type zip up handbags that each person will get that is full of disney themed things for the airplane trip/etc. ( disney hat,tshirt,stuffed animal, coloring books,puzzles,suckers,pens,crayons,etc etc)The fun part too is our two kids have never been on a plane before!!! YEAH!! We got the 4 day hopper pass, then we have tickets to go to Seaworld for one day, and Universal for one day. We extended our trip to the 7th day.(plane leaves at 8pm) just so we could do the Pirates of Carribean ride,supposed to open that day!We are doing the character breakfast at Goofys Kitchen one morning and the dining with Shamu at Seaworld.
I am more excited about all the kids reactions, then getting excited about seeing Disneyland!!! YEAH!!

Hugs,
Shawn in Vancouver,WA
SAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:31 PM   #118
lynninpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAsh
Thanks for sharing that Magical Moment story with us, love that idea!! We too are going to Disneyland for the FIRST time on June 20th! We have always dreamed of going, and it was always my mom's dream to take us, but that never happened.(my sister did get to go for one night for graduation trip with her senior class, 20 years ago) So my husband and I came into some money and decided we would finally take our two kids, but I decided I just couldn't go without taking my sister's family as that has always been their dream to take their three kids and they just couldn't afford it. So we are all going, NINE of us!...
Hugs,
Shawn in Vancouver,WA
Thank you, Shawn, for sharing your story, too! Hava a wonderful adventure!!
Old 06-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #119
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

I just came across this story and it so moved me.

That is the power of the Disney Magic.

Your family will have a blast.

Thanks for sharing.
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:59 PM   #120
Lan
D23 Charter Year Member

I loved the fortune cookie surprise. I hope you guys have fun. I know you will love Disney
WDW - Pin & Vinylmation Events Sept 12-15
WDW - Food & Wine Oct 11-14
WDW - Dec 5-8

WDW Marathon Weekend Jan 7-12
WDW Princess Half Marathon Weekend Feb 19-23
DCL Magic - Southern Caribbean Cruise Sept 27- Oct 4
Blog: DizThruBrownEyes.com
Lan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: